Dear Polly by Vilhelm Parfumerie
Bottle Design: Grand Public, Pierre Dinand

Dear Polly is a popular perfume by Vilhelm Parfumerie for women and was released in 2015. The scent is fruity-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCeylonese black tea
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Musk, Black amber

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 06.08.2019

7.0 5.0 6.0 8.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
Tea's not gonna be boring, is it? Nope.
Hey guys!

Today I come to Dear Polly. Hm... when I saw the name, I actually thought that it just had to be some flowery women's scent, because that's how it sounded to me. And I almost wanted to put the rehearsal into the rehearsal box again and pull something else out, because I didn't think of anything spontaneously. But then I looked into the fragrance pyramid and what did I see there?

Of course I am! Black tea was available, which again increased my motivation to give this fragrance a chance and to test it now, even if it still is a women's fragrance. But no matter, tea scents arouse my curiosity, but you know that anyway, so I won't go into how crazy I am about tea scents (right, I'm crazy about tea scents, NOT just crazy!!!!!). Well, I'm going to sip my cup where... no, it's not tea, it's coffee! How is it that DonJuanDeCat drinks coffee instead of tea, you ask? Well, it's very simple: If you only drink tea, tea becomes boring at some point! Hiiii!! Did I really just say that?? Nah, not me! :D

Anyway, I quickly munch a piece of Lokum with a pomegranate in it (which unfortunately are almost all already...), just to take up pointless calories and then sniff off! And hopefully the tomcat doesn't see me eating candy here, because then he also gets curious and as always wants to know what to eat here, ... because he's sleeping on top of my closet and from there he has a full overview of what I'm doing down here at my table...

Well, here we go :D

The fragrance:
Ooooh yes, the scent begins immediately with black tea, which smells wonderful (and fresh). In addition, the bergamot is a great match, which emphasizes the tea and freshness impression once again. Apple is also present, for me it smells like slightly sour, green apple. Fortunately it is not so strong, because I find the apple a little inappropriate to the tea scent.
However, the apple gets weaker and weaker as the scent progresses, so it doesn't really bother me here. One continues to smell black tea, which now also appears slightly smokier from the heart note. The slight sweetness of the fragrance should come from the indicated amber. Here it says that it's black amber, I don't know if it smells completely different than "normal" amber and if this scent is responsible for the smoky impression I just mentioned here, but this smoky smell disappears forever a little bit later. Anyway, it smells great, even later, when the amber keeps mixing with the musk.
Much later the tea is clearly weaker, but also all other fragrances are then more mixed with each other instead of smelling "so alone", but result as a whole a very nice fragrance. It smells slightly sweetly floral with tea and amber/moschus, and the scent is also a little creamy in the later base.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The charisma is simple mediocrity, which means that it is best to smell it only from close up, but at least you don't have to get very close. It's okay, on warm days it's certainly much more noticeable. The shelf life is thus four to five hours, after which it is really only present very weakly on the skin.

The bottle:
The bottle is cylindrical and rather flat, so it almost looks like a disc. The glass is beautifully waved and thus reminds of classic bottle glass patterns of the last decades. On the front there is a small yellowish label with the name of the fragrance on it, the lid has also been kept in this colour and therefore matches the colour very well. It's a nice bottle.

Oh, yeah! The scent is wonderful. It smells really wonderful of tea again, so that the tea note is not only hinted at and therefore quickly flies away. No, here you can really enjoy the tea! And the other scents also go wonderfully with it. Well, the apple had disturbed me very briefly, but it fades away very quickly, so you can ignore the apple.

So Dear Polly is a fresh, slightly bitter and only moderately sweet scent for spring and summer and more recommended for tea lovers who love tea scents. Of course I would recommend all others to test the scent at least once, because you might like it too :) But it also seems to be creatures among you perfumers who are not supposed to like tea scents, incomprehensibly... unbelievable! :DD

In terms of strength, fragrance type and shelf life, it is certainly a daily fragrance. So you can use it in your job or studies, or even during the day, for example in your free time, at a brunch, shopping or whatever you do during the day, ... For the evening or to go out he is simply not the type to it, because he is a bit too unspectacular, but above all too weak for it. Too bad it's just a ladies' scent again *grummel*

So that's it, then. The cat is still sleeping, so that I have my rest, my coffee will be replaced later by Roiboos tea (or maybe black tea? Let's see...) and I wish you all a nice evening :)

by Amylovesyou