Dirty Velvet by Vilhelm Parfumerie
Bottle Design: Pierre Dinand

Dirty Velvet is a popular perfume by Vilhelm Parfumerie for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is green-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesHoney pomelo
Heart Notes Heart NotesTobacco leaf, Fig
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Salt, Vetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.05.2019

7.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Personal perception
I quote here once the idea giver of the smell:

"Deep red velvet with a sensual feel; in the air there is a beguiling, intoxicating scent. Dim light in the corridors, wallpaper with luxuriant flower ornaments between the massive black doors ... the atmosphere in my favourite Parisian hotel still awakens the same thrill in me today as it did when I first took up a position on my own at the age of 21. Dirty Velvet interprets this ambience with his composition of tobacco leaves, vetiver, salt and sandalwood. A fragrance that stimulates, that has a subliminal dangerous effect - and is absolutely irresistible." - Jan Vilhelm Ahlgren

Interesting.
Just like the scent.
Are we all one?
Or not?

When you read the description you think - because of the dark red velvet - actually rather of a dosshouse. Somewhat dusty perhaps and with the scent of wickedness.

My nose, however, says that we are dealing here with a complex green-brown scent. The start with the bitter but not sour Pomelo in combination with an almost poisonous green fig note is brilliant. This refreshes and cleans the nose for the other olfactory pleasures that will come. For me the fragrance now - after the strong top note - becomes much softer through the sweet tobacco which, mixed with the still fresh fig, grows together to a new fragrance. Now it changes from blue to dried light brown fig without its exuberant sweetness ... probably the tobacco tastes a bit astringent here with its mostly astringent appearance. Something different, I haven't smelled that note yet. Dried fig .. I don't even know in oriental scents. Now a noble nappa leather is added, sandalwood rounds off and after a while it becomes slightly salty-green with the vetiver. This mix results in a beautiful base note, but in between the poisonous green notes of the top note flash up every now and then and loosen the somewhat serious impression.

For me, the scent is now very close, is more perceptible on the clothes and blows around you discreetly with every movement. An exciting - rather masculine - fragrance (which of course can also be worn by the ladies), unusual in its ingredients and pleasant to wear.

It does not trigger head cinema for me - I am certainly blocked by Vilhelm's description - but that doesn't matter. Here at Parfumo we have a lot of perfumes that are full of fantasy. Maybe one of you will get this scent under your nose and feel the urge to write another comment. I am curious to see how the personal perception is there then.