Fleur Burlesque 2015

Fleur Burlesque by Vilhelm Parfumerie
Bottle Design Grand Public, Pierre Dinand
7.6 / 10 56 Ratings
Fleur Burlesque is a popular perfume by Vilhelm Parfumerie for women and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-creamy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Top Notes Top Notes GardeniaGardenia JasmineJasmine
Heart Notes Heart Notes SandalwoodSandalwood
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber
Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 20.09.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Jasmin-gardenia duet
If I was less a fanatic for white florals, I would have nominated Fleur Burlesque for the dullest note list ever. But I am not, so I will not. That would not be fair either. The note list may be accurate, but this perfume is anything but dull.

It starts with a classic opening of white florals. Lush, feminine and pretty loud, but not sharp or overly dramatic. There is a good dose of jasmin in here at first. The jasmin is relatively harmless, though, and granny-vibes are carefully avoided. Gardenia is the more persistent one. Pretty soon the sweet and ambery notes come through, but the scent does not thicken into dense cream or thick powder. It remains fluffy and pillowy with a slight juicy-sweet undertone.

Classic formula, modern interpretation. Nice.
Top Review 11
A floral scent... that I like?
Hey hey, your olfactory bulb, a new night, a new comment. You already know that. But what am I describing today? Hmmm... it's summer, it's time for me to improve my plant knowledge, so I tried a floral scent. I wasn't much smarter afterwards, but at least I liked the smell :D

Yes, you've read correctly. I liked a floral scent, although I always find most floral scents either humid or stuffy. But I have to say that I like a lot of flowery scents (but to be clear, not on myself, but on... supposedly... prettier sex, so with you women,... he hey) when they're well made and don't contain too heavy sultry scents like ylang-ylang or orchids or something. On the other hand, I find rather lighter or at least not stuffy flower scents quite nice, because they also have a beautiful, feminine charisma.

Like this scent here, Fleur Burlesque by Vilhelm Parfumerie, which I find quite successful.

The fragrance:
I smell flowers and blossoms, and because of the slightly stuffy (but not bad, but still beautiful) scent I guess the gardenias, and hope that I am right with it. However, there seems to be a lot of jasmine here, which radiates a nice sweetness, as well as general blossoms or flowers, which I cannot identify any further.
It all smells a little heavy, but not necessarily sultry, and all this only briefly in the top note. Because the fragrance quickly becomes creamier, and thus really beautiful! In addition, there are light, bitter, bitter plant notes, which also smell good and make you think of spring, while the bitter scents quickly fade away again, so that the fragrance again "normal"-flowery with a slightly sweet charisma.
Later, the fragrance still smells of gardenias and other general floral scents. Jasmine seems to be a little less in the background, especially since the sweetness of the fragrance now comes further and further from the amber.
Towards the base, the flowery scents become a little more relaxed, but the scent also becomes much more woody, but still smells very beautiful, even if it should not smell as feminine as it did at the beginning. Much later (so after about six hours) the fragrance is a bit more unimportant, because all the sweetness is gone and you only notice slightly sour flowers, together with a very slight stuffness. Now would be the time to spray on the scent again. All in all a very successful fragrance, which smells very nice for the most part.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The charisma is good, but much stronger in the beginning than afterwards. Nevertheless, you will be able to smell the scent of one without getting too close. The shelf life is actually good, because the fragrance lasts over eight hours, but I found that after six hours the fragrance had started to smell a bit insignificant and also quite weak.

The bottle
The bottle is cylindrical and flat. The glass is wavy and thus reminiscent of beautiful, older flacons. On the front there is a small recess where you can see a yellow label with the name of the fragrance. The lid is also yellow and cylindrical. An interesting and beautiful bottle, which might seem a little unusual in handling at the beginning.

Yes, as I wrote at the beginning, I found this fragrance very beautiful here. The flowery scents reminded me of great flower fields on a beautiful spring or summer day, with colourful flowers, great whirring winged insects (some of which like wasps still scare the hell out of some :D) and just everything with a nice, cozy atmosphere. So beautiful summer days, ... but completely different from the sunny days, which sometimes appear as a heat wave and which are so hot that even my cat has absolutely no desire at all. And I can understand him well, because I would not like to move at all on these days with more than 30 degrees :D

The only, real advantage of these exaggeratedly hot days are only the girls' short shorts, but it was clear that I would say that, you know that from me anyway. If I should have a girlfriend, I might also tell other things here, but that's just a guess, hey, until then you have to bear my stupid sayings :))

But back to the scent! So it's beautiful and definitely worth a test. See to it that you find this scent somewhere (I have it for example at Albrecht in Frankfurt), and spray it on you. If I write here that I found a flowery scent really great, then you can imagine for sure that the scent must be really great, since I am otherwise difficult to convince of flowery scents :D

Well, my dear, see you next time. Have a nice evening :)

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

3 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Vilhelm Parfumerie

Morning Chess (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Black Citrus by Vilhelm Parfumerie Dear Polly (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Poets of Berlin by Vilhelm Parfumerie Basilico & Fellini (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Mango Skin by Vilhelm Parfumerie Stockholm 1978 by Vilhelm Parfumerie A Lilac A Day by Vilhelm Parfumerie Room Service by Vilhelm Parfumerie The Oud Affair by Vilhelm Parfumerie Dirty Velvet by Vilhelm Parfumerie Darling Nikki by Vilhelm Parfumerie 125th & Bloom / Harlem Bloom by Vilhelm Parfumerie Smoke Show by Vilhelm Parfumerie To My Father by Vilhelm Parfumerie Do Not Disturb by Vilhelm Parfumerie Purple Fig by Vilhelm Parfumerie Moon Carnival by Vilhelm Parfumerie Body Paint by Vilhelm Parfumerie Chicago High by Vilhelm Parfumerie