Poets of Berlin 2017

Poets of Berlin by Vilhelm Parfumerie
Poets of Berlin is a popular perfume by Vilhelm Parfumerie for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBlueberryBlueberry LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanillaVanilla Green iris
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla SandalwoodSandalwood VetiverVetiver

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 26.09.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

the vile and terrible Brundle-blueberry
Poets of Berlin from Vilhelm Parfumerie is a vile bioluminescent mutant blueberry thing. A blueberry subjected to a sketchy, underfunded experiment in a prototype telepod but there was also a particle of lemon-aloe-bamboo Glade air freshener in the chamber before it was hermetically sealed as well as a smashed bedazzle gem that fell off of an intern’s acrylic nail, unnoticed. Torn apart atom by atom, the small jammy fruit merged with the glinting shards of sugary bling and a blisteringly caustic glow-in-the-dark citrus-lily. I don’t think David Bowie ever wrote a song about this monster but there was a movie adaptation with Jeff Goldblum.

Versatile
Ohhh, those poets, they know , how to drive you crazy.... Tried them first time in June, just young and warmish very beginning of summer, and didn't like them. Me and poets... haha, I am into different things... I like it deep, and dark, and mysterious, and what is it with you, guys? A bit of flowers or green grass, a bit of fruit and some citrus... surely, I smell better, so no, thank you, it is a pass for me....
I know, it it August tomorrow, but I am in the North, it is rainy day, It is cool, North See is stormy, I feel salt on my lips and escaped fron the rain into a perfume shop...
I am not impressed guys, smelling a cap, not at all... Ok, I will try it on my skin, because the whole world is talking about you....
No, It is not for my, sorry, dear poets...
I will try something else, and that one, please, and this one as well, and for sure, one more and then go...
What are you doing with me, the poets? I want to smell only you! You are so different, every minute you show something new... it was bunch of flowers, then some old, the some classical cologne, some spicies, ohh, no, too masculine... but nice... ohh, you changed again, now you seem to be so creamy... and powdery, do you guys use magic wand?
Are you sure, you are the poets, not magicians?
Dont tell my husband, but I am in love with the poets ;)))))
You look so familiar
Poets of Berlin is already the second fragrance from Vilhelm Parfumerie that appeals to me immensely. As with Dear Polly, it's not quite enough for the wish list, but that's just because I already own similar perfumes and find them more beautiful in nuances.

Already when sniffing the spray head I immediately had a good friend in the back of my mind. A very dear, good friend: Meringa from Profumum Roma.

The first spray, however, initially goes in a different direction. Because first I have the impression of a chypre scent. A certain pungency comes up, which I cannot assign to it. The lemon perhaps? The green iris? Whatever green iris smells like. This moment is very entertaining, because after only a few minutes the scent impression, which Meringa is well known for and loves very much, sets in.

Since vanilla is the only thing the two have in common, take a look at the scented pyramids, I would never have expected a relative of my beloved Meringa to be among the Berlin poets. Scented notes are not everything after all. For just as little as I perceive orange blossom in meringa, I smell a blueberry here. My nose tells me with both fragrances that we are dealing with a juicy, rather fresh orange. Where does this picture come from? I have no idea. But that's what I'm looking at.

While the intensely sweet vanilla quickly shows that Meringa is a true gourmand scent, Poets of Berlin remains much fresher throughout. Despite double vanilla in the heart and in the base, this fragrance never drifts completely into sweetness for my nose. The vetiver brings a bit of edge, which also makes the fragrance suitable for summer. Fortunately I can't make out cardboard or something similar.

Sillage and durability are somewhat reduced compared to the meringa, but this is quite sufficient for the summer. Yes, I like the Berlin poets. And I guess I should definitely try several more fragrances from this brand. I'm sure there's one that will surprise me completely and will be allowed to move in at the end. Fine perfumes they are. Just the way I like them. Oh yes, I forgot. If you like meringa, of course try it!
Many thanks to dear Yukiko for the rehearsal.

5 short views on the fragrance
EryinaEryina 10 months ago
Poets of Berlin is a green gourmand - that's what is wonderful about it
GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 6 months ago
Lemony fresh blueberries,very sweet but green and airy. Drydown just delicious! Beautiful gourmand wearable in spring and early summer.Love!
ScentistaScentista 1 year ago
All I sense is strong tobacco (as in a cigarette) and peach. It is pretty strong in the beginning, but settles into a satisfying gourmand.
NicheOnlyNicheOnly 24 days ago
Opens w/ cloying sweetness in the air, mainly vanilla & blueberry. Drydown on skin mix of sweet and green, great as a women's summer scent.
CarboytonyCarboytony 2 years ago
5.5
Blueberries with a squeeze of lemon on the top. Vanilla comes in and stays strong throughout. Hints of iris and vetiver through mid and base
More statements

Images

3 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Vilhelm Parfumerie

Morning Chess (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Dear Polly (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Black Citrus by Vilhelm Parfumerie Basilico & Fellini (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Mango Skin by Vilhelm Parfumerie Stockholm 1978 by Vilhelm Parfumerie A Lilac A Day by Vilhelm Parfumerie Fleur Burlesque by Vilhelm Parfumerie Darling Nikki by Vilhelm Parfumerie Room Service by Vilhelm Parfumerie The Oud Affair by Vilhelm Parfumerie 125th & Bloom / Harlem Bloom by Vilhelm Parfumerie Dirty Velvet by Vilhelm Parfumerie Smoke Show by Vilhelm Parfumerie Moon Carnival by Vilhelm Parfumerie To My Father by Vilhelm Parfumerie Purple Fig by Vilhelm Parfumerie Body Paint by Vilhelm Parfumerie Chicago High by Vilhelm Parfumerie Do Not Disturb by Vilhelm Parfumerie