Room Service by Vilhelm Parfumerie

Room Service 2015

PBullFriend
20.11.2021 - 10:51 PM

upscale Ferragamo

Ferragamo has done quite well with its series of Incanto flankers. While Ferragamo Incanto itself is a serious peach-plum-pimento business for adult women, its flankers (Incanto Charm, Incanto Shine, Incanto Bloom...) are completely unrelated to it and are cheery, fruity concoctions aimed at teens. If they'd been around when I was 13-16, I would have worn them.

Vilhelm Parfumerie has apparently decided to update that series with a slightly more "adult" fruit (blackberry, which has been used to good effect by Trish McEvoy and others) and a bit more chemical fizz. No idea why one would call that "Room Service," which to me suggests a come-hither scent rather than a perky young adult one. If you like the Incanto flankers but want them a bit more grown-up, this might be for you. (It isn't for me -- an unidentified aromachemical in here gave me a headache after a few minutes.)

Latest Reviews

PBullFriendPBullFriend 9 months ago
Zeste de Gingembre - Heeley

Zeste de Gingembre not a standout among ginger-citrus scents
This is a pretty and well-balanced ginger-citrus, but ginger-citrus scents are in a crowded field. I find it a bit masculine -- could be the black pepper. There's also a note I can't place that reminds me of old-fashioned...

PBullFriendPBullFriend 10 months ago
Lauren (Eau de Toilette) - Ralph Lauren

Lauren (Eau de Toilette) the best of the US
Lively, well-balanced scent that's over 40 yrs old -- one of the best mass market scents the US has produced, IMO. Interesting that, according to another site, the nose behind it is the ultra-talented Frenchman, Bernard Chant, who also brought...