Un Air d'Apogée 2017

Un Air d'Apogée by Violet / Veolay
8.1 / 10 56 Ratings
Un Air d'Apogée is a popular perfume by Violet / Veolay for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is still available to purchase.
Top Notes Top Notes AniseedAniseed SageSage
Heart Notes Heart Notes HoneyHoney MimosaMimosa CedarCedar
Base Notes Base Notes Balkans tobaccoBalkans tobacco LeatherLeather CistusCistus AmbroxAmbrox
Videos
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.10.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Helpful Review 3
A memory, not a scent
Earthy and gourmand.

Imagine the most discreet tobacco, elegant and slightly caramellic along with warm hay. The hay is very prominent at the beginning, it smells like earth and sweet, dry grass, that has been slightly touched by the rain. The herbal qualities of the soft and savory sage blend in perfectly with the hay.

It starts very strangely, it is herbal and powdery but while weird blends are not my usual choices, I love smelling this on me.

In its development it takes an interesting twist, it feels very familiar to me, like a memory from my past I cannot entirely place. I m very young, the rain has stopped and I m taking a walk in a sunny field, a summer afternoon, along with my loved ones, my mother and my grandfather maybe. Has this happened or is it just a game of my imagination? I m not sure.

The hay soon becomes smoother and blends well with my skin and some honey nuances that I could detect earlier too now brighten up and are warming the skin. There is also Mimosa in here. I just checked its odor profile and it mentions "child-like, soft and hazy heliotrope with sugar spun tonalities". Indeed there is a discreet sugar touch.

The perfume gets warmer and warmer as time goes by, with the cashmeran adding a sleek texture to the blend. It is definitely unisex and shares some qualities with some other perfumes like Tobacco vanille, Tonka Imperiale and jeux de Peau.

It is a memory evoking scent for me. It feels familiar and unfamiliar at the same time like something I have dreamed before, a childhood image that I can't identify but warms my heart either way. Like a moment that is long gone but just a step away in my mind. It is a nostalgic scent.

After 5 hours I can still smell it on me and on my clothes. It smells now like clean clothes, sugared almonds and sun touched wheat.

2 short views on the fragrance
FantasmargFantasmarg 2 months ago
Something about this smells nostalgic, not as in "vintage" but as in memories. Sweet honey and powdery mimosa, hay-like and dry like summer.
AshtaAshta 12 months ago
Opens with freshness of sage, the sweet honey and vevelty mimosa. Then it turns into a soft leathery, more suède like scent. Addictive.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Violet / Veolay

Nuée Bleue (2019) by Violet / Veolay Sketch (2017) by Violet / Veolay Tanagra (2018) by Violet / Veolay Pourpre d'Automne (2017) by Violet / Veolay Cycle 001 by Violet / Veolay Compliment by Violet / Veolay Abîme (2022) by Violet / Veolay Cuir de Russie by Violet / Veolay Sketch (1924) by Violet / Veolay Abîme (1930) by Violet / Veolay Nuée Bleue (1953) by Violet / Veolay Fête Mondaine by Violet / Veolay Éternelle Chanson by Violet / Veolay Si J'étais Reine by Violet / Veolay Oryane by Violet / Veolay Rosamine by Violet / Veolay Niobé by Violet / Veolay Cytise by Violet / Veolay Extra Violette by Violet / Veolay Gardenia Concentré by Violet / Veolay