Boudoir by Vivienne Westwood
Bottle Design: Fabrice Legros
Boudoir (Vivienne Westwood)
Boudoir (Vivienne Westwood)

Boudoir is a popular perfume by Vivienne Westwood for women and was released in 1998. The scent is powdery-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Martin Gras

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Hyacinth, Orange blossom, Pot marigold
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Orris root, Jasmine, Cardamom, Coriander, Narcissus, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Tobacco blossom, Vanilla, Cinnamon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.12.2018

Scent 1.0/10
Cheap Talcum
I thought that this fragrance would only have a awful opening on me, but it's awful all the way. It smells, at first, like cheap and bad scented talcum, with some floral notes that seems to have rotten. There is something woody and a little bit sweet, but the opening refuses to go away and the mixture is just very unpleasant. It has been a long time since i tried something as bad as it.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
A Guilty Pleasure
Call the boys up, I've found my sexy scent. How anyone can call this fragrance revolting is beyond me.

Boudoir is the perfect name for this fragrance. When I smell this scent I picture an antique bedroom, pink satin sheets and flickering candles. Sensual and sweet on the verge of naughty. The rumour is that Dita Von Teese wears this, and I find that highly probable.

I haven't felt the desperate need to acquire a bottle of perfume in quite some time, but Boudoir has recently given me that urge. I can't help falling head over heels for her. Not an overrated fragrance at all.

I adore the scent of carnation, vanilla, tobacco and baby powder, so this fragrance has successfully managed to combine all my loves into one magnificent blend. Boudoir has a unique, classic approach, sort of like a scent from a by-gone era. It also reminds me of the absolutely breathtaking Billet Doux by Fragonard.

A man or lover with modern tastes, may take some time to become acquainted with Boudoir, but if you are as equally as captivating as this fragrance, I can guarantee that he'll be dreaming of you and your scent for days. Be daring enough to cast a spell in more ways than one.

While not overpowering, Boudoir does have fantastic projection. Applying with a light hand is the key to wearing this fragrance in a classy manner. Don't be fooled into thinking that Boudoir is a scent reserved only for those more intimate moments, I for example, will wear this fragrance pretty much anywhere, provided that the weather is cool outside.

Boudoir lingers on the skin the whole day, and lasts even longer on clothes. I'm kicking myself that I've avoided this fragrance these last few years after reading a few negative reviews. Negative observations aside, this fragrance needs to be experienced.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Very intriguing
Mine is the 1998 version, with cognac-coloured juice, not the pink in the image above.

Right from the nozzle of my decant, I can smell the mixture of spices and taste the cinnamon on my tongue. The part of me that dislikes spicy scents tells me not to spray it on, but it's very intriguing, and so I spritz thrice - on my arms and in the hollow of my neck.

It is just as spicy on the skin. But it feels dark, and reminds me of a the flicker of a single candle in a darkened room. There's carnation in it for sure, but it's like someone smashed it and all its essence is drifting around that candle whilst a bowl of spices sits nearby.

After about an hour or so, it calms down and becomes more floral, a little creamy, but still spicy. The "smoky" florals plays very nicely into this. There's a strange resemblance to the smell of sweat or skin somewhere in the mix that I only pick up when I put my nose to my skin, but it doesn't seem to detract from the overall scent. Something sweet peeks through, too, but I can't put a name to it. Could all of this be the influence of aldehydes? Perhaps.

Overall, Boudoir screams femininity, the empowering, sexy kind, but not exactly sultry. In my mind, I see this perfume made for *that* woman in red stilettos and a long skin tight dress, getting what she wants, when she wants. But she's not the kind who only stays in glorious mansions. Oh no, this lady isn't afraid to get down and dirty, to mingle with the boys in a room swirling with tobacco smoke. My mind goes to the movie The Great Gatsby (the Leo DiCaprio rendition).

I'm not sure how I personally feel about wearing this out at all (as I tested this at home). Nonetheless, it's quite brilliantly made and despite being spicy, I, who normally dislikes spicy scents, am rather drawn to it. I have not decided if I like it or if I'm simply neutral about it.

Sillage is pretty good! I can definitely smell it all around me.

Longevity is good, too. The scent does become closer to the skin at about the 4 hour mark, but in total, it lasts 7-8 hours on me.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
Cinnamon for the cinnamon hater!
My daughter wanted a perfume that had both cinnamon and cigarettes. I did a bit of research and thought she might like this. So I bought her a bottle. When she first put it on I was shocked...in a good way! "Oh my god, let me smell that!" I said to her as I got a whiff as she walked by. It smelt so smooth and deep, I just had to have it for myself. So, instead of borrowing her bottle all the time, I bought my own.

What can I say? I am not a lover of cinnamon. Most of the incarnations of this spice in perfume have been far too harsh for my palate. None of the famous cinnamon perfumes have changed my mind, Poison, Opium, Cinnabar to name a few. So I was intrigued by Ms Westwood's creation. I already have three of her perfumes and I adore all three (Anglomania, Naughty Alice and Let it Rock). I had previously owned Boudoir Sin Garden but hadn't been impressed with it, finding it rather boring and generic. Sin Garden is so different from the original Boudoir which is sexy and in your face, but in an alluring and seductive way.

Boudoir is extremely well blended, I can make out the marigold and bergamot slightly in the opening along with the cinnamon and a touch of patchouli. As this warms to my skin it blooms into a smooth, rich slightly sweet tobacco scent. It reminds me of when I drank rum a few years ago when I still smoked cigarettes. There is no rum in this beautiful concoction, but the sweetness of the rum with the tobacco is somehow the memory it evokes. A dark, tobacco filled room in a brothel, brimming with ladies of the night and their various perfumes. At the centre of this scene is the Madame who is the most magnificent in burgundy velvet and a low decolletage. Around her is a cloud of fragrance that is: Boudoir.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Deep rose
I received today My Boudoir. It is really amazing and your comments really helped me to choose. It reminds me a lot of John Galliano's perfume. Amazing lasting power and is for all year round. Gothic and mysterious.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Nights in White Satin
Westwoods "Naughty Alice" is well behaved and innocent next to "Boudoir"! -- Rarely was a scent this aptly named....It smells like a "Boudoir".....after a long night of sex with your man that is just back from a l-o-n-g trip. He smoked Cigarillos and brought you a huge bouquet of pink carnations....Your favourite flowers.

Tobacco, carnation, cinnamon and narcissus are some of the notes that barrage my senses after I spray this...They swirl and swirl and I can only think -- Sex in a bottle! In fact it is something like this that I think Jean-Baptiste was trying to *create* in the movie "Perfume" -- It smells very much like the essence of a naked woman. (if this makes any sense).

This is not a scent I would wear to work...or to a casual lunch. No; this is something that you wear when you are out to seduce. It's a dirty scent...in a very sexy and intimate way. In fact this would be perfect to wear with your favourite lingerie...in your Boudoir where you and your lover are playing "Fifty Flacons of Scents" ; )

Definitely not something you should buy blind! This is not for everyone, and should be tested on your skin before purchase. Don't expect pretty or yummy...No, I would rather describe this as primal and animalistic with a growl!

Silage is: a long sexy hug. -- Longevity is: all day/night long.
Be warned! Now go and enjoy! : )
Scent 9.0/10
Lady in Red
It would be easier for me to copy and paste the lyrics of this beautiful song by Christopher Burgh to describe this fragrance, which is equally beautiful.

There is something here that reminds me of Coach Poppy without the girly-girl flavor.

This lady is all dressed up looking gorgeous and lovely, just like the song says. She's dancing with me cheek to cheek.

She is a beautiful lady shining bright giving a feeling of complete and utter love.

I'll never forget the way you look tonight. Anyone who knows this fragrance can relate.
Courtesan
Well now! How typical of me to try and hop on the bus when it has already passed my stop? The good ones always die the most untimely deaths. Boudoir is FLIPPIN' FANTASTIC!! A friend with whom I trade fragrances from time to time sent me the bottle with a good wearing left in it! I love this one to a degree that slightly concerns me :).
Boudoir is rich and exotic, an expensive courtesan in the same way that Fracas is a megaDiva! Lush indolic jasmine supported by rose, carnation and tobacco ... how 'putain' can one get? Top end tho' ... this is no streetwalker like Tabu. The aldehydes bring excitement ... sparkling, like a pair of rhinestoned Manolo's, ghetto fabulous!
I'd probably be inclined to classify Boudoir as more of an oriental, but I can see why some folk lean toward calling it a chypre.
Luckily I spotted a few lonely bottles at a perfume shop near me. They'll have a home very very soon :o).
Scent 10.0/10
It was instant love
Boudoir is gorgeous. It opens like rootbeer or dr. pepper or sodapop on me. I'm serious. I almost immediately sense the powder and cinnamon & other spices. The rose is perfectly done. On me, Boudoir is sweet without being a sugary, cloying, white floral mess. It wears beautifully into the base. I was on the lookout for indole given previous reviews, and I did not sense any poo, sweat or underpants, thankfully.

Boudoir is a modern chypre with a vintage parfum feel. It wears like an oriental on me, landing somewhere between CK Secret Obsession and Houbigant Chantilly, both of which I own and wear. I think those two reference points are somehow fitting -- Secret Obsession is a modern oriental that's really an abstract gourmand, and Chantilly is a vintage spicy, powdery beast. In all cases, the fumes need the right wearer. And good news for me - This is my playground.

Boudoir won't be confined to the bedroom on me. In fact, as the weather cools, I plan to wear this into the office! Sexy, not so sure. What I am sure of is that my 10ml decant won't be enough! Just went to the top of my want list.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
A Well-named Perfume
I had been wanting to try Vivienne Westwood BOUDOIR for quite some time, and to my great happiness, awesomeness sent a hefty sample of the original amber-colored elixir my way--living up to her name, yet again!

If TABU is the hooker who waits for customers in the back room of a dark, smoke-filled house, and BAL A VERSAILLES is the sly nubile mademoiselle who manages to nab the richest man in town, BOUDOIR has got to be the high-class escort who services clients of Heidi Fleiss. She's bright, she's beautiful, and no one on the outside can tell what she's up to: discreet and illicit affairs.

The dentyne/Trident cinnaminty note in this composition is stronger and longer-lasting than I've ever experienced before. This same note appears in at least three Bond no 9 perfumes, but there it is usually very light and ephemeral, while in BOUDOIR it really hangs as a veil over all of the other notes from start to finish. The base is rich and thick with patchouli, with a touch of wood and je ne sais quoi--though I'm not sure that I'd say that it's underwear!...

More oriental than chypre to my nose, BOUDOIR is far more naughty than nice. When anyone comes near, she flashes a deceptive smile, and then she winks.
Bottle 5.0/10 Scent 3.0/10
Tabu's Daughter
and at first
sniff it smelled like A Crap load of Amber an Orange and hinges of PLASTIC!
egggggh! and with dirty laundry
smelly smelly armpits. i'm picturing
a neurotic drag queen in Leopard print
leggins black stelettos gold lame blouse
long bright red dress coat with matching pilbox hat bright red lips ala joan crawford hair coiled in the most
grotesque beehive animal printed handbag her looks is a cross between
Joan Crawford Judy Garland & Sante Kimes the notorious Grifter. walking
down 5th avenue. or going to a delect
motel and the moteler reeks of a sweaty guy
named Jacques that when i smell this

and i got one word left
CHEAP!

Alex1984 24 days ago
Hard to pinpoint notes. Complex, grand, burlesque. Diva scent, not girly. Could easily be early 20th century, proper perfume with balls!+2
Bottle 9.0

• by Gwiazdka72 by Gwiazdka72
  • by Moni43 by Moni43
  • by Lilau by Lilau
  • by Sunnyiland by Sunnyiland
  • Ich ärgere mich noch immer, das sie hier das Etikett so schief aufgeklebt haben, so eine S... by Moni43
  • by Sabi by Sabi