Suki Essence 2016

Suki Essence by Weil
Suki Essence is a popular perfume by Weil for women and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Aroli (Arômes Ligériens).

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Date, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesCandied rose, Frankincense, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oud, Vanilla, Vetiver, Cistus

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 03.09.2020.

Beautiful, powerful, serious
I was very happy that I got the opportunity to test this fragrance, because through the previous descriptions I was very curious about it. Actually, I only wanted to write a statement, but I did not succeed in expressing my impression in so few words. I would therefore ask for your indulgence for the key point nature of my description.
Suki has absolutely something, but at the beginning she's too powerful-sweet for me. Candied fruit, but with an unusual touch, not the usual fruit sweetness and softened with a bit of bitter bergamot. After about an hour then pure, clear incense, very beautiful and very serious. In the end I only smell the vanilla, it is noble, but the other notes are unfortunately hidden. My impression is that Suki is clearly divided into three parts. The three phases appear one after the other and do not merge into each other, but are detached. I recognize a very unique fragrance, which deserves all admiration, but which is too powerful for me personally. By this I don't mean the Sillage (which is good, but not too room-filling) but the overall impression of the fragrance. Many thanks to net Parfuma, who made it possible for me to get to know this special fragrance!
Frankincense always goes
So completely without introduction it goes into the topic.
I ordered Suki Essence (EdP) because I was looking for a worthy successor to Donna Karan Black Cashmere who, in my eyes, is the perfect (cool) incense/church scent. I am not a churchgoer, but I am not averse to the sacred. So he always reminded me of Christmas and had something holy and immortal about him.
Now to Suki. The top note clearly goes in the Black Cashmere direction, you can smell the incense well. However, he then goes other ways, becomes rosier/flowerier and altogether softer/warmer with dates and cinnamon. The incense note, which is the "basic statement" of the Black Cashmere fragrance and which lasts until the end, ebbs off a bit in Suki, or rather blends into the other notes. The church is not quite so holy here and dates with cinnamon are served.
Suki is a wonderful incense scent, which develops fruity/sweet/spicy and also rosy.
But of course you should also like incense.
I don't smell anything from the oud, the information on the packaging (no oud indicated) differs from the information on the homepage. Animalic Oud is not found in any case.
Suki is probably, still, an insider tip. Price-performance is also more than okay.
Minigolf
Cotton wool soft incense cloud
This fragrance is not just a fashionable skirmish to stick to the fragrance market, it's a big hit. A fragrance like from the best "times".
Here a fragrance house once again shows what it is capable of. Glowing reverence on my part for a fragrance I didn't even know last week, or knew that it existed.
And "glowing" is this "Suki Essence", the name sounds somehow "Japanese" but has as little to do with the Asian country as elephants with the North Pole.
"The wood fire is "glowing" and gives off an almost cotton-soft incense note, which enters into a competitive liasion with the roses. A hint of cinnamon makes the whole thing even more attractive.
The fruits of the "top note" don't remain silent during the whole fragrance process, but stay fine in the background as a "decorative accessory" without something "missing".
The soft amber and the somewhat "racke" oud in the base provide an extremely deep and interesting duel, as do the vanilla and the vetyver.
it's almost like a "mixed double", sometimes the vetyver plays with the oud, and no "winner" comes out. Then again the vanilla grabs the oud at the "Krawattl", without both being really "ready to fight". It is more of a "show duel" than if slaps in the face were faked by clapping hands close to the cheek of the opponent.
then Amber and vanilla "sing" again in the most beautiful duet, whereby the incense always remains the main actor.
Zistrose occasionally pulls out her black powder box and sprinkles a pinch among those present.
Being here as a "spectator" or "lurker" is like following a very exciting movie or television film. Whereby I sit comfortably on the mentioned cotton-soft cloud of incense and do everything from a slightly elevated position in succession and amicably.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Fantastic scent for women. I offered it to my wife mainly because I love it; now she loves it as well. One step ahead of DKNY Black Cashmere

Popular Weil

Zibeline (1927) by Weil Zibeline de Weil (2011) by Weil Weil de Weil (Parfum de Toilette) by Weil Antilope by Weil Weil pour Homme (1980) (Eau de Toilette) by Weil Chunga (Parfum) by Weil Kipling (Eau de Toilette) by Weil Secret de Vénus by Weil Eau de Fraîcheur by Weil Bambou (Eau de Parfum) by Weil Un Brin de Lavande / Gentilhomme / Lavande Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Weil Greedy Essence by Weil Bambou Glacé by Weil Rêve de Weil by Weil Secret de Weil by Weil Padisha by Weil Sweet Bambou by Weil Eau de Weil by Weil Noir by Weil Emotion Essence by Weil