Sapphire Collection - London (2018)

Sapphire Collection - London by Widian / AJ Arabia

Sapphire Collection - London is a new perfume by Widian / AJ Arabia for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is leathery-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesOud, Cypress, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, Raspberry
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Dry amber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 22.08.2019

8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

MrGaunt
Best soft leather scent with twist?
As a confessing AJ Arabia / Widian fan I have the problem that the scents for my taste are mostly great class, but for something difficult in general use such as work. They often have a great creaminess, but also a certain "funkyness" due to the oud notes or a too strong sweetness in the Velvet Collection. Unfortunately, this restricts them for everyday work.

Now with London comes a fragrance that starts the Sapphire Collection and takes a different direction. In contrast to the other series, the oud seems to stay more in the background here and, after the Velvet Collection, moves a little further away from the more oriental scents of thee Black and Gold Collection. I look forward to the other fragrances.

But now to the fragrance.
Here especially the comparison to Tuscan Leather is drawn by the combination leather + fruit. It's been a while since I had it as a test, but I still think I can say that the comparison is not too accurate. I also call La Yuqawam pour Homme my own which is very similar to TL. Both scents are clearly more angular than London.
Other leather fragrances on the market are also difficult to compare directly, because either they go in the robust direction of the "leather jacket" in various elegant versions (motorcycle jacket with Dark Rebel Rider vs. fine but still quite cool leather jacket with Bottega Veneta pour Homme Extreme) or in the direction of "grandpa's leather armchair". That's generalized, but you understand what I mean.
Royal Leather" by Charriol is a leather scent that unfortunately receives too little attention and takes up the subject of leather + fruit very finely. A very fine leather scent, super office suitable but not boring.

London is now going in a slightly different direction. It starts with a strong dose of leather and raspberry, not very subtle but quite pleasant. Can one or the other certainly put on the first sniffer under "boring, I already know". Oud plays a background role, but is noticeable.
After a short time, however, it takes on a direction that I have never seen before from other leather fragrances. A very soft leather base remains, as does the fruit, along with very light floral components. But the fragrance gets a pleasant modern unsticky sweetness.
And that sweetness is hard to describe. No gourmand, not even fu*dry, very modern. The vanilla certainly does the main work here, supported by amber and musk. It occurred to me that I would rather expect the fragrance in the form of Geza Schön composed by Ormonde Jayne as a sister fragrance to Nawab of Oudh or Montabaco. Who knows the style of Geza Schön may understand what I mean by modern here. Probably they also work with Iso-E-Super, Ambroxan or other components in London, which is fine for me because it works very well.

After the leathery-fruity start, a fragrance that finds a great balance with restrained leather, some (raspberry) fruit and delicate flowers and a very pleasant sweetness remains after approx. 30-60 minutes. This combination really lasts for a very long time, after 12 hours I can still perceive it well on the skin even if it certainly no longer radiates far.
A very pleasant and generally compatible fragrance, yet without boredom with its own charisma of fine notes. Modern. I really like it. What I particularly like: I can imagine London very well dosed carefully as an office fragrance, with two more splashes it becomes more present in private use and in the first few hours the soft station wagon is quite a bit louder.
For certainly not a few perfumers, the fragrance might seem too untraditional, perhaps even designer. I still find it rather niche. Especially for fans of Geza Schön with his slightly different concept of fragrance creation certainly worth a test. *ClickGoodsBasket*
7.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

julsten
What was that that got me?
Well, this is my first comment. Why with this scent? Well, because it fits: After the 1st test, I felt like after a very intense OneNightStand, which you can still find next to you in the morning. Now I looked (sniffed) at the situation. Do I want to get to know him better? It was explosive attraction, fascination, self-abandonment almost.... I never really would have taken a guy like that home with me! ...but do we fit together in the future?
The second time was more natural. We knew each other. But this time I felt like I had to make up my mind. Do I stand by him? Shall we try it together? He's so different. I'd stand out with him. With him, maybe I wouldn't be myself.... so we went for a walk... i couldn't let him and he couldn't let me! This attraction makes me excited, adventurous, sexy. If I get too close to him, he will hog me completely and utterly... Why am I so into him? I was always looking for something to calm me down, flatter me or support me. He's not one of them!
He's driving me crazy. I'm exhausted at times, turn away if I have to. But after some time we get together again and it is every time an adventure with him.
Maybe I should confess to my husband?! ...I'VE BALLED OVER 200€!!! AAAAAAAAAH what's been riding me???!!!!

Aniretak 7 months ago
Beautiful, ultra soft, extraordinarily delicate leather with flowers. Perfect for this spring. Love it. Very comfortable and complimentary+1
9.0