Sapphire Collection - New York (2019)

Sapphire Collection - New York by Widian / AJ Arabia

Sapphire Collection - New York is a new perfume by Widian / AJ Arabia for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Rose, Jasmine, Patchouli, Caramel
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, White musk, Vanilla, Tonka bean, Tobacco

Submitted by Bluerose, last update on 12.07.2020.

Widian, for starters...
Widian Fragrances... it took me a while to get into that. For one thing, it was a form of respect. If a fragrance needs over 200 € to change hands, then I think about it again. In the meantime, I had been fed with Widian's scents from time to time by the perfume dealer I trusted (for insiders, the keyword "Iris" from Houbigant), who had already been mentioned elsewhere. But the above mentioned respect, and the feeling, "what could the fragrance do so much better?", held me back But now it happened that at the end of last year, after I got to know the Widian London while trying it out, I got a complete sample box of the Black Collection as a present. So I had the time to get to grips with it. For me, a time in which my head undertook many fragrance journeys. Here I realize that my perfume dealer is a persistent and enterprising guy. Hm ...
Since I like leather, I thought London was a great place. But I didn't buy it, I just got to know it. That's why I don't write anything about it. But, one thing was clear to me about the London, and after enjoying the sample box. Where the difference to many of my previous fragrances lay. The Widian Scent World is a huge cinema. And I knew it had at least some merit in offering such a fragrance at this price. And recently, New York came to me after the liva was very close to losing the scent selection. And just the way I chose the scent, questioning it again and again, what would be the better scent for me ... it was never the question what I generally like better. At most, it was the question of what it was that was bringing me to this or that Widian at the moment. I could have made friends with all Widian fragrances, it was all close together, and yet so diverse. Being constantly torn back and forth. But on this day, it was New York. A fragrance that went through with a creaminess Right from the start. To the end I can't say, because I'm still reeling in the fragrance and it's not over yet. Anyway, this creaminess is sometimes flanked by a fruitiness, but that goes away again and there's a fresh floral note, then tobacco and again and again the vanilla touch. What is different now than with other fragrances? That's how I feel: it flows! No fragrance puzzle piece is switched off by another. It flows into each other, it's a kind of passing the baton and the predecessor runs along a little bit until it's released quite inconspicuously. And that is for me the great cinema. A film where the plot is intertwined. Until the credits roll, it's all a seemingly random, but surely well thought-out script. And it is a film that also brings images. Near New York, I'm standing in a loft, on a double-digit floor of course, looking across the night sky at the lights of the city. Out of the boxes, jazz (Patricia Barber, or Melody Gardot) bubbles out at the end of the day. White shirt, collar open by now, tie hanging over the back of the chair, bussines trousers still on and of course fine leather shoes (ah, leather, I think of London). A cool breeze comes in through the opened glass door to the balcony. Dimmed light in the apartment, a nice evening drink in the glass. Then the night breeze takes in the rest of the scent of New York sprayed in the morning ... ...and you can still "feel" it. An absolute inner peace spreads out and the hectic rush, as it is the case in a city like New York, simply stays outside.
Wonderful!
I also know pictures of other fragrances. This may be due to the way I treat fragrances, how I move into them when I buy them. And in this respect the Widian fragrances are unique. And that's what finally won me over in New York. I'm sure there are compilations like this, maybe not a twin, but the division Only, as naturally as New York presents these virtues, I have never experienced it so well before. And even if New York is not a seasonal fragrance, on and with me it is "my" fragrance. And yes, it is summer. But New York doesn't care about that right now. It's summer, and right now it's Widian-New York summer. Paßt.
Did I mention that my perfume dealer seemed as happy as I was when it came to buying? Now he has carefully advertised for me for a good 2 years, and in the end I decided to leave him money that found a new home with him, while he left me the New York. So we both had joy... although he still has a lot of Widian scents and can feast on them. It's to his advantage, although I don't begrudge it to him. He treats me, too

Does It worth?
I have been wearing this fragance yesterday and i had very different feelings during the whole day about this perfume. The opening is amazing... I thought "oh my good!" I have found MY PERFUME! But the the time gone by ant It went into the first dry down and It was more like... Ok...It is nice but...does It really worth the price? Because It turned a lot more generic for me...similar to lot if perfumes... I think the main image in my head was rose prick by Tom Ford, although that one is a bit less Green & creamy and much sweeter! Meybe It could be rose prick mixed with herod by parfums de marly...The time continued and some hours later It was only a skin scent...a very nice and good skin scent but with no projection and without leaving any trail... So... I dont know... The scent is great, a caramelized rose, sweet, creamy, very pleasant... But what i am not sure about is if It is really necessary to spend 5€/ml for this perfume... It would be great for half price but i dont know if It gets my quality border for a fragance with this price...
The fragance is floral an sweet so good for night and not too Hot weather although It could be worn at daytime because It is not intrusive at all. Unisex...

Scent: 9
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 7
Quality/price: 4
Versatility: 7
Originality: 7
Global: 8.5
MrGaunt
Amazingly complex border crosser who surprises.
As a declared Widian fan I was very much looking forward to the fragrance. The sister fragrance London is one of my favourite fragrances, as it is a bit more general and western-modern than the black and golden Widians which rather appeal to the friend of the Arab fragrance art. London does a great job as a modernist without being boring (quite the opposite).
Now I thought that the pulsating metropolis of New York as a role model would also produce a rather modern fragrance. Think so.

New York starts with a short house of mandarin bergamot, the citrus fruits must always spurt forward. The spurt is short and does not last more than one minute, then other notes take over the command.
In the heart New York suddenly becomes amazingly dirty, animal components fight quite successfully for supremacy, the mandarin tries to fight its way through again and again. Gently, Rose will make it through a little bit. You'd think it was an oud scent, I'm confused at best. Light sweetness is included. Matching is difficult. My assumption is, that here a relatively dirty patchouli with also a bit harsher vetiver takes over the supremacy. The remaining notes, however, underline this with a slightly sweet creaminess, the caramel part can also be identified. And again and again the fruits and rose fight their way forward. Sounds a bit restless and unharmonious, but it's not that much.
Somehow at this stage I feel a little reminded of "Chimaera" by Tiziana Terenzi, who drives the interplay into completely different spheres. Who looks for a very calm smell should be careful here.
Over time, the hustle and bustle disappears, the dirty front retracts surprisingly far, the fragrance becomes even softer. Oh, there's the tobacco. If one could somehow suspect something in the heart, one could not place oneself in the foreground there. A very pleasant, soft tobacco. It is supported by tonka/vanilla and creamy parts (will probably be the musk with the iris). The second main role in the base is played by the flowers. Rose can still be guessed, but I think jasmine remains more present. The scent becomes very calm, very relaxed, so here it doesn't fit to the never sleeping New York anymore. The sweetness is well dosed and supported, the tobacco is natural and no overaromatized headache pipe tobacco.

New York is going through an exciting development for me. Not everyone's thing guaranteed, I like that. The base is enormously relaxed, in contrast to the modern and even slightly synthetic London (not meant negatively) I find New York very natural. It's a great fragrance. I just expected it to be different.

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 34 days ago
Very nice mix of flowers with tobacco and sweet notes. A mix between rose prick and herod but not sure if It really worths the price. Unisex

by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin
by RobK
by RobK

Popular Widian / AJ Arabia

Gold Collection - II Sahara by Widian / AJ Arabia Limited Edition - 71 Extreme by Widian / AJ Arabia Sapphire Collection - London by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - II by Widian / AJ Arabia Velvet Collection - Delma by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - IV by Widian / AJ Arabia Velvet Collection - Liwa by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - I by Widian / AJ Arabia Limited Collection - VII by Widian / AJ Arabia Gold Collection - I by Widian / AJ Arabia Limited Collection - 71 by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - III by Widian / AJ Arabia Velvet Collection - Hili by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - V by Widian / AJ Arabia