Velvet Collection - Delma (2017)

Velvet Collection - Delma by Widian / AJ Arabia

Velvet Collection - Delma is a popular perfume by Widian / AJ Arabia for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Peach, Bergamot, Heliotrope
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Freesia, Geranium, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Saffron, Vanilla, Leather, Marshmallow, Gaiac wood, Galbanum

Submitted by Michael, last update on 14.11.2019.

9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Spring in a bottle
After Liwa this is now my second fragrance from Widian and although I already liked Liwa very much, I find this one even more beautiful.

A quite sweet Oriental where the sweetness doesn't smell synthetic at all. Opened a little bit citric but quickly turns into this wonderful sweet flowery direction which doesn't smell like marshmallow for me but more natural and fruity. The aura that this fragrance brings with it when applied is madness. Soothing and at the same time appealing, she accompanies you for more than 12 hours with a non overwhelming projection, untypical for sweet scents, and even as a sluggish person you never feel confronted with a heavy scent, but you regularly receive beautiful scent puffs and are reminded of what a beautiful scent you are wearing.
This lightness despite the sweetness makes it the perfect fragrance for me, especially now in spring. It reminds a little of Sahara Blue of Moresque without its aquatics and with more fruity-floral sweetness.
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Are we sick? :D
It's always amazing that you meet brands or labels you don't know yet, even if you should have tried some fragrances like me. I don't really know the Arab brands very well. On the other hand, I also see that there are currently over 8000 fragrance brands, and I'm sure there are even a few more that do not yet exist in the Parfumo database.

You have to imagine that. 8000 stamps with over 110000 scents! That's kind of sick! And even sicker are all the people who want to test all these scents. People like you, for example! And... well... people like me... I even have friends who make fun of the fact that I have made fragrances a hobby, argh! There are no more excuses like "I only registered there to get perfumes!" :DD

But at least it's fun, and that's the main thing, right? And discovering new scents is also fun, although I also like discovering and blaspheming abnormal scents, which is not the case here at Delma. No, on the contrary, Delma is a beautiful scent, named after the volcanic island Delma (or Dalma) of Abu Dhabi. The name means "a bucket full of water", which alludes to a well on the island, while everything around it is dry as a bone :D

The fragrance:
At the beginning I smell fresh citric notes like mandarin and bergamot. Peach is then added, but these fruity notes quickly mix with each other, making it somewhat difficult to identify the individual fruits after a few minutes.
In addition I smell flowery notes, from which I can smell the roses best. In the background it smells like earthy patchouli, where I have the feeling that this scent will be much stronger later, but you will see that.
A little later, the sweet jasmine clearly appears and becomes the strongest floral note. In addition, there are other sweet notes that differ from the sweetness of jasmine, but remain more in the background and are therefore less easily identifiable. These could be the marshmallows, but I'm not sure about this.
It remains sweetish for a while (as I said especially because of the jasmine) and the background is slightly earthy because of the patchouli. It still smells a little generally fruity.
Towards the end it remains fruity sweet, the sweetness gradually comes more and more from the vanilla, which also makes the fragrance a little more powdery. This also makes the fragrance softer, especially thanks to matching beautiful scents such as guaiac wood. Every now and then a leather note flashes up, but it is too weak to really be noticed (you can only smell it if you sniff it very close to your skin). The saffron, which begins soon, smells weak, but good and prevents the fragrance from drifting too much into the sweet. All in all a beautiful, sweet-floral and powdery fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good for a while and therefore not only smells from close up.
The shelf life is also very good, the fragrance can be smelled from morning to evening, so it lasts more than twelve hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is partly rectangular, but has strongly rounded edges and a spherical upper part where you can see decorations worked into the glass. In addition there is a black-red colour gradient downwards to the thick bottom. On the front side you can see the name and logo in golden letters. The black lid is also hemispherical with a cylindrical base. A very beautiful and also high-quality looking bottle.

So, Delma is a beautiful fragrance that smells flowery, slightly fruity, but above all sweet and powdery. From the scents and style he is for me clearly a women's scent and by no means unisex. I find it especially suitable for use as an evening fragrance or for going out, and despite its sweetness, I find it wearable all year round.

As I myself have already some scents on my hump (oh no, I have a hump, waaaah I am ugly!!!) For Hater, as always, this is a joke, a joke! And no whining! You don't check it anyway! D), the fragrance smells to me like beautiful and well-done mainstreamers with a sweetish direction, which could come from Dior, Guerlain, but also possibly Gaultier and so many other brands. But that's the problem with so many fragrances. At some point, most people just smell the same or at least similar, but I don't care as long as the scent is good, because that's the main thing.

However, this fragrance is much more expensive than most mainstream fragrances, and you should consider carefully whether it is worth it. Anyway, you get a great bottle with this one, if you like me tend to get scents in nice flacons (although the main streamers often have nice flacons, yes, the agony of the choice! :D).

Yes, a test is worth it, but on the other hand you shouldn't expect anything new

Hermesh 2 years ago
Dense sweetness lies over flowers and covers them; bitter-tart notes appear later and make the sweetness bearable.
At that point unisex.+3

by LKing
by Hildchen93
by Hildchen93

Popular Widian / AJ Arabia

Gold Collection - II Sahara by Widian / AJ Arabia Sapphire Collection - London by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - II by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - IV by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - I by Widian / AJ Arabia Velvet Collection - Liwa by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - III by Widian / AJ Arabia Gold Collection - I by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - V by Widian / AJ Arabia Velvet Collection - Hili by Widian / AJ Arabia Limited Edition - 71 Extreme by Widian / AJ Arabia Sapphire Collection - New York by Widian / AJ Arabia Limited Collection - 71 by Widian / AJ Arabia Limited Collection - VII by Widian / AJ Arabia