Velvet Collection - Liwa 2017

Velvet Collection - Liwa by Widian / AJ Arabia
Velvet Collection - Liwa is a popular perfume by Widian / AJ Arabia for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is oriental-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesJasmineJasmine
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
VetiverVetiver
OudOud

Submitted by Michael, last update on 18.11.2021.

A love hymn
You are not just a perfume for me, not just a scent I put on to impress others.... You are a feeling for me! The feeling of having arrived, of finally being home. No other perfume has ever touched and fascinated me like you. You surround me like a protective cloak, with which nothing and no one can harm me.

I can not and do not want to split you into your individual parts, I just want to enjoy you as a whole and let me fall.

From the first moment you impress me. My beloved smell of saffron welcomes me and lets me already guess how beautiful you are. It accompanies me in a gentle way as you reveal your beauty to me. You embrace me with your fine spiciness and sweetness, which is softly bedded on a floral background. Your strengthening woodiness further deepens the feeling of how much you truly remind me of home. I can clearly see myself lying on dark red velvet, the massive dark wooden beams on our ceiling above me.

You were with me throughout the day, always reminding me of your presence with your warm embrace, but never being intrusive. However, you were not only comforting, you were interesting. Very slowly you leave me, growing quieter and quieter.

I hope you will soon be mine, for though you come from the Orient, you fit me, my home....
Aleci
The rounded oud for greatness
At the beginning of my fragrance journey, it all started with designer 0815 fragrances that fulfilled their purpose to smell good but not very individual and long (with the exception of le male which managed to hold felt days in the early 0s). Over the years and especially through YouTube and parfumo I got to know niche fragrances and thus also the ingredient oud know...

well after the one or the other bottlings I understood and succumbed to the fascination for oud.
The beginnings were rather characterized by oud fragrances that have oud on it but in it...?!
Well I think rather less. But as it is so I got a filling of Alexandria2. Hmhmh yes well that had directly into the collection :-)
now it went bottle and bottling for bottling further and among them was also oud for greatness and Widian liwa.

Both were already very similar, the first test was oud for greatness:
The beginning strongly marked by Baccarat Rouge / smoky / oudig / saffron, etc. 3 sprühstoße and everyone who only came near me thought : "the has times so right eingedieselt".
For me too violently. Not because of the h/s but "too dirty"

Now to liwa:
Yes they are already close but liwa is more rounded for my perception. As if one had given oud for greatness to refine and liwa would have come out.

To illustrate it: oud for greatness is when it comes to attention like when you walk naked through the streets and liwa still has a pair of panties on and it says Versace :-)

Velvety Sweet Dry
Liwa by Widian is not easy to describe, not even the transitions of the individual phases, as it really runs so smoothly and evenly that you hardly notice.

It starts typically medicinal/Arabic until I start to notice a still slight citrus note, which together with the saffron makes for a really successful start. The flowers round it off, it is really a very harmonious overall impression. I never smell the floral notes directly but think this soft velvety feeling without a corner or edge comes from that along with the amber note.

It also starts not very penetrating, it builds slowly, after a while the oud comes into play, never intrusive or too dominant, but like everything else, it fits harmoniously into the overall picture of this fragrance. But do not think it is a light fragrance, he is deep and dark but you fall at least soft ;
The oud in it is very pleasant, it is very dry and slightly spicy but smells incredibly clean, I like it very much.

It is so that the notes balance each other and complement each other, he never becomes too sweet, for example, because it is balanced by the dry oud.

The thing I like most is a light, cool, fresh breeze later in the fragrance, maybe from the vetiver and bergamot or maybe one of the flowers and spices.... but to be honest i just don't know :D she is very unique and beautiful, that's enough for me ;)
My conclusion

Yes it has certain similarity with Oud for Greatness also later very very slightly with Baccarat Rouge 540 Eau de Parfum

But it is still a very own fragrance, in direct comparison you notice this, at the first sprüher I immediately thought of OFG (the initio came out later) but if you compare both, you immediately feel the different composition. OFG is much more brute and rougher than Liwa.

And even though Liwa has just as heavy notes and very very much power, it's much better disguised here, it feels lighter than it really is. Hard to put into words ;)

Both scents are great, but I personally find Liwa a tick better.

Liwa is not a fragrance for every day, there are easier and cheaper alternatives. But it is a very nice fragrance, which will leave the right carrier and on the right occasion with security a great impression, the few will smell like the carrier of Liwa.

The durability and sillage is excellent, the flacon very nice, as well as the packaging.
But please do not buy it blindly, Liwa should really be tested. He is polarizing, know some who absolutely do not like him, others again love him.

Try before you buy!!!

Love

Deniz

Serenissima
"Scented oasis" in the red desert
The oasis "Liwa" in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi consists of several settlements and is located on the edge of the great Rub Al-Khali desert; also called "red desert".
Iron oxide impregnates the desert sand here in such a way that it appears orange and often even red.
Magical plays of color under changing incidence of light inspire the imagination: reflections of blazing fires, around them dancing to strange sounds shadowy creatures, mysteriously wrapped in veils, to hot passion, devotion and infinity.
"Liwa" weaves living images of sounds, light and scents: here is a meeting of different elements!

The fragrance artwork "Liwa" from the "Velvet Collection" by Widian captures this unique magic of desert and oasis in an artful firework of oriental fragrance notes.
Small, spicy-floral flames ignite at first contact; this magical fragrance being so enticingly invites closer acquaintance.
Without bergamot it also does not go here; however, jasmine and the cheerful fragrance-intensive freesia are immediately dusted with precious saffron and thus take on a slightly reddish hue in aroma and color.
The first bitter spice comes from artemisia; wormwood lifts the glass in greeting!
White flowers (roses, tuberose and surely some more mysterious comrades-in-arms) and rose geranium, with their special fragrance nuances enrich this first impression.
A perfect balance arises in this way from the now familiar to us fragrance notes and the golden radiance of ambergris.
Sensual, floral, rich and majestic is "Liwa" already.
They are no longer flames, but already warming bonfires that greet the arrival of the animalic oud note.
Sovereign this fragrance ruler pulls the also not shy classic base team players with him: erotic, the senses slightly scratchy sandalwood, earthy components of vetiver and patchouli: heavy and moist, awakening hidden feelings.
Cedarwood has a slightly more moderating, woody effect on the overall work of art!

Iridescent fragrance nuances as well as sensual crackling and alluring flames stand for the secret of "Liwa":
The fascination and everlasting magic of the Orient in the middle of the orange-red reflecting desert, in which the oasis "Liwa" forms an excitingly fragrant center.

"Liwa", this vital fragrance being, shares its fragrant secret only with the wearer at any given time, who surrenders to this goddess of fragrance.
Everything is whole here - nothing half: fragrance and sensuality, seduction and devotion: Yin and Ynag = a fragrant frenzy for hours!

I remember it clearly: "Liwa" shared the first fragrance letter with other precious bottlings that Can777 packaged for me at that time.
Many of his extraordinary fragrance creations he deemed worth sharing with me.
Some were still too foreign to me at the time: I had to become more experienced and mature, and more sure of myself in this world of fragrances, to recognize and enjoy them.
For "Liwa" it is now the right time: we recognized each other!

MariaS
And the award for the best opening goes toooooo....Liwaaaaa!!!
Have you seen the movie “Split”? In this movie the main character has multiple personalities (around 23) and one moment he is a cute little child and the next he is a cold blood criminal. This is what happens with this perfume. It is a complex perfume that changes a lot with time.

The opening is an experience. I haven’t felt this way since I opened Black Phantom by Kilian. So, at the opening I got an intense spicy smokey scent that got me so addicted, that I kept smelling and smelling it again, trying to understand what I smell. After some time, it became a beautiful oriental slightly spicy and slightly sweet scent. After that, the spiciness disappeared and I got a sweet woody- oudy smell so heartwarming. At the end (and I mean the next day), there was a sweet scent left similar to Baccarat Rouge 540. So BR540 is one personality of the perfume but at the late dry down of it. And if you want my opinion (well, you re getting it anyway) there is absolutely no point comparing these two perfumes. Also,there is an oud for greatness by Initio personality (vibe) in this perfume especially when you smell the bottle. The complexity of this perfume makes it unique!!

This perfume is a MASTERPIECE in my opinion and with the 8.3 that it gets here I feel it’s totally underrated. But again not every person has a good taste like me….hehehe... I' m kidding of course, I respect every persons taste and preferences because they show personality and uniqueness!!

About the audience it is totally unisex. It can be worn in any occasion but better be a formal event, a night out, an important meeting, etc because this perfume smells quality, its addictive, alluring, sexy and bold.

Also, about the pricing I gave it a 10 because it is worth every cent and not because I believe it's cheap because it's not!!!!!

Thank you for your time my fellow perfume addict! Be safe and smell good!
Ice1ne
A treasure that is not made of gold...!
I wanted to make my first comment for an exceptional and worthy fragrance and I have now found it in my eyes!

!!!LIWA!! For now, I would like to share with you how I came to know this fragrance :)

A good colleague of mine was in the Munich city center on the road as an Arab holidaymaker hurriedly passed him. Suddenly a very good smelling and intensive smell penetrated into the nose of my colleague. Even after a few meters distance, the scent was still in his nose and so he quickly decided to turn around and run after the holidaymaker, because he had never smelled such a pleasant scent before. Finally he caught up with the good smelling vacationer and politely asked him what kind of perfume he had put on. The man answered: LIWA
All right! From that point on, my colleague was completely beside himself and called me first. He asked me where I was. Coincidentally, I was also in the Munich city center on the road. He just said: Stay where you are, I'll be right with you! When he then arrived totally hectic at my place his description was: Awesome scent! Very pleasant! Totally fierce!
I laughed first and said: Come down first and tell me what's going on. So he told me first what was going on. I said everything clear sounds great then please look on the Internet where there is this fragrance and we test it! Already done, he said: Oberpollinger in Munich. I said: Well then aufgehts my friend! And there we were, my perfume fanatic friend and I [also a fanatic, even if my collection is still quite small, in contrast to long-time perfumers :-)] at the Oberpollinger. In front of us a beautiful red flacon that was practically just waiting for us :) No sooner said than done!

And now to the fragrance:

As the very first jumped me immediately this pleasant and not pungent, biting oud touch in the nose. It was a gentle, soft and bearable Oud wovon I was directly very strongly excited!

It went on then by the smell fruity and somehow also something woody became. The saffron also came to light and made itself recognizable, but the oud in the fragrance still remained present and was always in the foreground.
The saffron I could not perceive unfortunately long, but the fruity-woody held throughout! Everything together has harmonized perfectly in my opinion and fits more than just well together!

I was simply fascinated by these wonderful notes and this fabulous composition of this perfume!

I sprayed a few spritzes on it to test the scent on myself. I sprayed it on and did some errands downtown that I had cut short to test this fragrance with my colleague. I had almost forgotten what I had to do on this day :)
When I came home in the evening, the fragrance still hung on me and I was also thrilled by its durability, which is incredibly strong!

Conclusion:
An extremely beautiful and pleasant fragrance for someone who wants to stand out discreetly! I can definitely recommend this fragrance to any Oud lover who also like fruity scents at the same time. A super nice blend!
Thanks for reading :)
The King
This fragrance has catapulted me into another dimension where space and time no longer exist. More complex than a fragrance could hardly be in my imagination. So dynamic and never ending and always evolving .
An adventure trip and a MUST in my collection!

GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 8 months ago
Wow! This recalls an image of a rich sheikh, wearing gemstone rings. Loads of fruity, smoky oud, opulent, dynamic, complex.1 spray is enough
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
Initially fresh spicy, this slightly smoky, yet (candy)sweet spicy floriental, settles to a solid and warm earthy-woody base. Very complex!
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Highly sweetened ambery woods and candied flowers. Is it possible to get hyperglycemia from a fragrance? :)

by LadyLuxifer
How am I supposed to appreciate any fragrance after this one?
#atnight
by Ice1ne
by Ice1ne
by Dandrobe
by Dandrobe
In Greek this word means the warm dry wind which is usually catastrophic. The same about this perfume it is warm Smokey spicy and catastrophic for my bank account!
Love at first snif!!
by Can777
by Can777
by Fedaie
Mit etwas Phantasie kann man sogar Dubai erkennen :)
offenes Herz in der Nacht
by Cosmicflower

Popular Widian / AJ Arabia

Sapphire Collection - London by Widian / AJ Arabia Gold Collection - II Sahara by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - II by Widian / AJ Arabia Limited Edition - 71 Intense by Widian / AJ Arabia Velvet Collection - Delma by Widian / AJ Arabia Limited Edition - 71 Extreme by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - IV by Widian / AJ Arabia Sapphire Collection - New York by Widian / AJ Arabia Velvet Collection - Hili by Widian / AJ Arabia Gold Collection - I by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - I by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - III by Widian / AJ Arabia Limited Collection - 71 by Widian / AJ Arabia Black Collection - V by Widian / AJ Arabia Limited Collection - VII by Widian / AJ Arabia Sapphire Collection - Aswan by Widian / AJ Arabia Al Wasl by Widian / AJ Arabia