Volkamaria (2012)

Volkamaria by Wiener Blut
Bottle Design Alex Wiederin (2012)

Volkamaria is a perfume by Wiener Blut for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Green mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesMoroccan rose, French orris, Florentine iris
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Tonka bean

Submitted by Lilau, last update on 23.07.2019.

6.0 8.0 9.0 5.0/10

Rosie88
Hats off for that stubborn beast!
Before I finally got the scent under my nose, I made myself smart about the background of the scent.

The term "Viennese blood" was coined in 1873 and describes the special temperament of the inhabitants of Vienna in the heyday of the monarchy: a mixture of joie de vivre and carelessness - the decadence of Fin-de-Siècle.
Wiener Blut is thus an antithesis to the "blue blood" of the rest of the European high aristocracy.
The fragrance is inspired by fashion, art and luxury in the imperial royal monarchy of Austria-Hungary.

I placed great hope in the fragrance, because I not only felt the inspiration to the fragrance, but also the scents as such. as very interesting and beautiful when I had looked through the fragrance description.

Thanks to a dear Parfuma, I could now finally extensively test the fragrance:

First I can perceive fresh citric notes - bergamot and mandarin with a hint of light powder.
The prelude is quite nice, but not unusual.

After the citric top note has "evaporated" I can clearly perceive the iris and heliotrope, light and floral with a hint of powder.

After about 1.5 hours, however, the leaf "turns" and a very synthetic and biting sweetness completely covers the previously so sweet scent... There's nothing else to smell on my skin from then on.

I have to admit that from then on I don't like the scent at all anymore... Since I had sprayed the scent on both wrists, it almost knocked me over, because the scent is really STRONG!!

So I tried to wash off the scent on a wrist once... 4 times soaped and even hand cream over it, but you just can't get it off!

Hats off for that stubborn beast!
I had to go through that! Even after showering and "sleeping about it" I could still perceive the scent...

Only after the 2nd time showering the next day with soap, I could get rid of Volkamaria again... the old tick!!

If you like sweet-synthetic and long-lasting fragrances, you should try Volkamaria... It was just too much evil for me!

Is probably the temperament of the Viennese ;)

by Mightynaf
by Mightynaf
by Struweliese
by Struweliese

Popular Wiener Blut

Volkamaria by Wiener Blut Indisch Leder by Wiener Blut Palais Nizam by Wiener Blut Florentiner by Wiener Blut Panasch by Wiener Blut Nord du Nord by Wiener Blut Ex Voto by Wiener Blut Unheimlich by Wiener Blut Freudian Wood by Wiener Blut Sale Marino by Wiener Blut Klubwasser (2018) by Wiener Blut Hesperia by Wiener Blut Klubwasser (2009) by Wiener Blut