Dans La Nuit (1924)

Version from 1924
Dans La Nuit (1924) by Worth
Bottle Design René Lalique

Dans La Nuit (1924) is a popular perfume by Worth for women and was released in 1924. The scent is floral-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Green notes, Violet, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Orris root, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Ylang-ylang, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, Civet

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 04.01.2020.

2.5 2.5 2.5 1.0/10

Gold
Beware of the new version
The 2011 version which I bought - unsniffed - at a very low price is a bad copy of Samsara and falls flat after 10 min. Unfortunately, I never had the chance of trying the vintage. The new juice cannot be recommended!
5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Sun, moon and stars!
I cannot believe that what I bought under the name Dans la nuit really smells like something that was created in 1924. Dans la nuit is so sweet, so fruity-woody-powdery, so bloody modern! Right at the start I thought of the chalky raspberry flavour of Blendi, the pink childrens' toothpaste, but now Dans la nuit reminds me of "Sun Moon Stars" by Lagerfeld. And I happen to like that one.

I write this ten minutes after having sprayed the fragrance onto the back of my hand - I'm afraid this won't last much longer as I have the impression that the fragrance is quickly evaporating.
My Dans la nuit is part of a set of five Worth fragrances, by the way.

Another twenty minutes later: Dans la nuit is back and fairly radiant again. There is a note rising to the surface that I know from older fragrances and believe to be aldehydes.

And another hour later: Dans la nuit has lost a lot of sweetness in the meantime and presents a woody base note. The aldehydic part has become more pronounced and I smell something animalic. I find it a bit powdery, too. The likeness to Sun Moon Stars is much less conspicuous now, as Dans la nuit takes a road of its own, even if it goes in a similar direction.

by Zora
by Zora
Worth - Dans la Nuit (1924)
Worth - Dans la Nuit (1924) ... Caution High Voltage
by Madkat
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Worth

Je Reviens (Parfum) by Worth Courtesan by Worth Worth pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Worth Je Reviens (Eau de Toilette) by Worth Je Reviens Couture by Worth Monsieur Worth (Eau de Toilette) by Worth Sans Adieu by Worth Worth pour Homme Haute Concentration (Eau de Toilette) by Worth Vers Le Jour by Worth Miss Worth by Worth Vers Toi by Worth Je Reviens (Eau de Parfum) by Worth Dans La Nuit (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Worth Je Reviens (Eau de Cologne) by Worth Worth pour Homme (After Shave) by Worth Worth pour Homme Haute Concentration (After Shave) by Worth Dans La Nuit (1985) (Parfum) by Worth Projets by Worth Monsieur Worth (Eau de Cologne Triple) by Worth Imprudence by Worth