Vers Le Jour 1925

Vers Le Jour by Worth
Bottle Design René Lalique
Vers Le Jour is a perfume by Worth for women and was released in 1925. The scent is spicy-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesAngelica rootAngelica root
WatermelonWatermelon
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood
CedarCedar

Submitted by Ergoproxy, last update on 25.01.2020.

2.5

Unpleasant and not wearable
The mini-spray of "Vers le jour" from 2011 is a deplorable screechy and ugly floral fragrance with fruity overtones. The bottle is part of a set I bought unsniffed. Can't say anything about the original from 1925, but the new version smells vile.

Asphaltblume
Painfully sweet primary school reminescence
Finding that Vers Le Jour is now listed in the database I sprayed it on to study how the fragrance develops.

The top note is a mixture of an indefineable fruitiness and pencil - cedarwood that is.
Ananas peeks from the fruit basket and I recognize melon as well. The flowers listed are still containing themselves loftily, allowing the fruits to dominate the scene.
Angelica root holding back as well suits me fine, as it has a tendency to turn into a rather unpleasant smell of celery. Cedar is still going strong and the juice as a whole reminds me of the smell of my old primary school: Children. Children exude a specific sweet smell, which I detect in this perfume.

In the meantime I discovered a lonely little flower - a rose. Just one. And that's a sickly one.

Right, I don't know whether that's just a coincidence, but I get an itch on the spot where I applied Vers Le Jour. And my temples start to throb. The fragrance develops a buzzing sweet point that disagreeably stings my nose. In addition there's still ananas, children, cedar, a certain creaminess I'd attribute to musk. Osmanthus? Yes, could be - I used to have teabags flavoured with osmanthus, that could be a part of the unpleasant point. The teabags smelled great as long as I sniffed them only briefly. And just the dry bags, the tea in the cup didn't have any of the sweet fragrance.

I'm not quite sure whether I should follow Vers Le Jour sacrificially to its drydown or whether I should declare this eau de toilette unwearable for me and consequentially wash it off thoroughly. But as my headache becomes stronger and my stomach starts to protest as well, I'll abstain from valour for the sake of science and go have a scrub. And an aspirine.

Popular Worth

Courtesan by Worth Worth pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Worth Je Reviens Couture by Worth Je Reviens (Parfum) by Worth Dans La Nuit (1924) by Worth Miss Worth by Worth Je Reviens (Eau de Toilette) by Worth Monsieur Worth (Eau de Toilette) by Worth Je Reviens (Eau de Parfum) by Worth Worth pour Homme Haute Concentration (Eau de Toilette) by Worth Dans La Nuit (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Worth Sans Adieu by Worth Je Reviens (Eau de Cologne) by Worth Dans La Nuit (1985) (Parfum) by Worth Vers Toi by Worth Monsieur Worth (Eau de Cologne Triple) by Worth Projets by Worth Imprudence by Worth Requête by Worth Fleurs Fraîches by Worth