17/17 - Damarose 2010

17/17 - Damarose by XerJoff
17/17 - Damarose is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot FreesiaFreesia Red fruitsRed fruits LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily of the valleyLily of the valley Florentine irisFlorentine iris Damask rose absoluteDamask rose absolute Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli RosewoodRosewood SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.09.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

All about the rose
How to describe a rose? Or this Damarose?
White blouse, 45+, maybe even early 50s.
Skin is not that firm, but still quite fresh, the Dame has plenty of money to look after herself.
Some designer jewellery, not much, but expensive.
Classy hair style, nothing to show off.
She knows, she is rich, but not that young, but she can afford almost anything.
What does she want?
What is she dreaming about?
Quiet evenings?
Sudden passion?
Her daughter`s wedding?
She moves around and sweet without sweetness and fruity fruitless cloud moves along.
Powdery woody some leathery cloud.
Damarose.. white blouse.. expensive...and rich in any way..
Parfbar
Xerjoff Damarose ...... ?
Soft, delicate, sensual rose.
First you hear the echo of red berries, a little tartness of cranberries and the airiness of musk.
And in the opening Damarosa becomes quite luxurious, velvety, the sound of jasmine, the sweetness of ylang joins.
Amber, vanilla and sandalwood form a beautiful base: warm, enveloping, soft as a powder puff. The astringency of the rose fades into the background, only a weightless sensual haze remains.
In my opinion, the fragrance is good for different types: for panthers quite interesting, for dreamers too: not intrusive, intelligent.

DalilaB
Quite possibly the best fresh rose fragrance in my collection
I first bought this blindly, as a 10 ml sample on one of the Perfume aficionados groups. I was looking for the a perfect rose that’s subtle enough to wear to the office but special to be a statement perfume to wear for an upcoming interview. Sure enough, it’s arrived and I wore it on a very hot day in Germany. I kept getting wafts of it all day, but felt it was too weak at the time to justify the price tag. Few days later, I could still smell it on my watch strap and I had to revisit my sample and surely enough I fell in love.
I cannot pick any of the notes, to my nose I smell fresh rose. It’s fresh with a citrusy opening, light and airy and kind of soapy clean at the end most likely it’s the presence of musk. I’ve checked various websites and it is actually a very complex fragrance with loads of notes that are hard for me to pick up as rose seems to be the most prominent and lingers throughout the wearing of the perfume. I got a full bottle and was going through it at great pace, I now have a backup bottle too. I cannot comment on the price tag, it’s of course expensive. Is it worth it? Well that’s very tricky question. How do we decide if a fragrance is worth the price tag? Are there other rose frags in the same category? I’m still looking, and I think Bvlgari le gemme desiria might be in the same ball park for half the price.
Price aside, it’s a beautiful chypre worth a try.

Images

3 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Amber Star by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff 17/17 - Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff 17/17 - Richwood by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff