17/17 - Pikovaya Dama 2014

17/17 - Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff
17/17 - Pikovaya Dama is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot Sicilian lemonSicilian lemon Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose NeroliNeroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesCorianderCoriander Atlas cedarAtlas cedar Turkish iris Omani frankincenseOmani frankincense NutmegNutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli Ceylonese sandalwoodCeylonese sandalwood MuskMusk Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 15.09.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Beautifully Calming
This is a goregeous powdery, rich fragrance. It offers a lightness and heaviness that can only attest to the quality of the ingredients. That being said, in true Xerjoff style of the fragrances in this collection it is an upscaled soap/pomade/cream/talc powder/deoderant/shampoo. It is not worth it's price in my opinion despite it's beauty... unless this is a genre you want to invest in. This is a very high quality powdery iris, woody number and will fail to disappoint any who love such fragrances, it is long lasting on clothes, hair and skin; the projection is fantastic ; it is a stellar example of it's genre, but it is not unique. It shares a similarity with Join The Club - Fatal Charme but FC has more edge. And is cheaper.
Expensive soap
As you would expect from Xerjoff and is usually used to, there is absolutely nothing to complain about the performance. Likewise, the Flacon is high-quality and very pretty to look at.

The fragrance is also by no means bad or even unpleasant, BUT for me it is unfortunately just very very soapy without that certain something.

Who is looking for a special fragrance creation, will definitely find elsewhere at Xerjoff, the selection is for every occasion or every occasion finally excellent.

The Pikovaya Dama is perfect from my point of view for people who are otherwise not a big fan of perfumes, but simply want to smell all day like fresh from the shower.
Whether one is worth the € 400, - for 50ml, must decide in the end of course everyone for themselves ;-)
Then you wear it.
If you, nourished by water and bread,
in breath oxygen, in longing happiness,
Shy to disturb the living and the dead,
before too far thou go'st, full of caution rather retreat.
When joy and sorrow mark thy face,
Thou wear'st it not.

When sorrow and trouble remind thee of the woe,
that can wait around every bright corner,
and the memory of all the wrong steps,
Makes thee forebode what wisdom hath devised,
when fearfully thou draw'st back, Before the moral of the tale:
Thou bearest it not.

But if thou art brave, like the emperor's dogs,
and fearless choose thy way,
mysterious and strong at every hour,
Thou countest thyself the measure of all things,
if nothing, and if no one, can ever pull you down,
then you wear it.
The olfactory performance of Ms. Pikovaya
In the end, it is decisive for me what a scent does to me. The scent information that is conducted via the olfactory bulb to the olfactory cortex has a strong emotional effect on us. Pikovaya Dama has such a strong effect on me . The sensation of spiciness or the impression of floral freshness arise in my mind and impress me very much. The rose, vanilla, nutmeg and a pinch of sandalwood: what a great performance. I embark on a little journey to my fragrance room and I am happy. That's right, I read: I have a wellness fragrance room!!! After 10 hours of work, I close the door of my oasis and rejoice with Pikovaya Dama that we get along so well.
Pure disappointment...
I have been dying to try this fragrance for so long. I am a very big fan of Xerjoff and the fragrance pyramid sounded great. Unfortunately or let's say fortunately when I think of the price, I do not like this fragrance at all, to be quite honest I find the stale and absolutely unattractive.... I would have imagined me somehow something like Ibitira, one of my favorite fragrances, only maybe a bit drier and powderier.

I so wished I could smell the iris and incense but I smell zero iris and absolutely no incense. Instead I smell a stale dry scent that scratches my nose all the time. I can't define a single note. When I think of my childhood in the 60's and 70's, I think of my grandma. She would have such an old-fashioned pungent scent in the bathroom that somehow smelled like nothing but old ladies. The scent seems to me ice cold without just a hint of warmth or anything attractive... Kind of like a big bag of cheap laundry detergent smells when you open it up.... Dry, clean and uninteresting..

I see before me an old cold and heartless woman.... She's slim and all in black.... She is dressed super classy and wears a white pearl necklace..She doesn't have a smile for anyone. Whew just creepy....

Sorry about my grammar but I was born Danish...

4 short views on the fragrance
RisingChaosRisingChaos 1 year ago
Slightly powdery, floral, a weird airiness. Off my skin it's very green, dry, oddly abrasive. Hint of patchouli and vanilla. Strange scent.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Powdery, soapy, floral, luxurious. The opening is citrusy and soapy with dominance of aldehydes. Then, gently sweet with iris and vanilla.
MariaSMariaS 2 years ago
Strongly soapy and powdery. Like you had a hot bath with floral shower gel and then put baby powder!
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
Initially bright citric, this clean, yet heavily soapy powdery-floral Spring fragrance, settles to a gentle creamy woody base. 100% Unisex!

Images

14 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Amber Star by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff 17/17 - Richwood by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff 17/17 - Symphonium by XerJoff