17/17 - Symphonium 2015

17/17 - Symphonium by XerJoff
17/17 - Symphonium is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is gourmand-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesSpanish mandarin orangeSpanish mandarin orange Italian orangeItalian orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesIndian cardamomIndian cardamom Belgian chocolateBelgian chocolate
Base Notes Base NotesWhite muskWhite musk Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla Laotian oudLaotian oud Thai oudThai oud

Submitted by Elchen50, last update on 24.09.2022.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Weaker than a Zara perfume
I love the smell. It’s well blended. It reminds me of a fine belgian chocolate cake freshly taken out of the oven in a chilly winter morning. I received it as a birthday gift and I love the smell but I don’t understand why is it so weak.
I’m a heavy sprayer - 6-7 sprays of this and it dissapeared in 15 minutes. No sillage whatsoever . And it’s a very expensive perfume for it to be so weak . Before receiving it , I came here and saw your reviews saying that this has an 8/10 power and an 8/10 sillage - of course I was expecting it to be somewhat of a beast mode fragrance. You guys are either liars or you smelled a different perfume ! And yes, I’m sure it’s original

More Than a Chocolate Orange
Smells just like a chocolate orange. But it's not the cheap Terry's chocolate orange that I so despise -- and I like most fruit-chocolate combos! This is a freshly peeled, effervescent but perhaps slightly candied orange dipped in high quality rich, dark milk chocolate. This is far more edible than the majority of so-called "gourmand" fragrances. The tiniest hint of cardamom adds a spicy nuance that really allows the scent to pop off the skin.

I don't notice the other notes in the opening, but after 60-90 minutes of drying down hints of vanilla and woods underlying the chocolate orange start peeking through. I wouldn't identify the woody notes as specifically oud if I wasn't told so, as they don't stand out much. Performance is quite excellent as well, with a consistently moderate projection over 3-4hr. I can pick up faint whiffs up to ~8hr, with 12hr+ longevity as a skin scent.
A visit to the fair..
When I was once again looking for a yummy gourmand, I came across this dream of a scent...I thought of these softcakes while reading...from a star kitchen...orange jam on a buttery soft biscuit...doused in chocolate...I had to think about buying this scent blind for a few days...just because of the price...I did...it came...OMG it was exactly how I imagined it!!!! Even better in fact!
So I apply this doozy on my skin for the first time and leave my house...I meet the first people/friends...they started talking about my scent :D "Jasmine, you smell unbelievably delicious!" "Jasmine, what is that???" "Jasmine, you smell like you're at a fair, like a cotton candy stand"!
To me, those are the best compliments on a perfume! You smell good enough to eat!

The Gourmand Symphony

Simply unique in the world of elegant-gourmand perfumes, Symphonium belongs to the heavyweight of the luxury category it represents. Please imagine that you take a bite from the finest Swiss chocolate filled up with a delicious orange liqueur, opulent, with a rich and complex texture, which effectively floods all your senses. Add a drop of oud of incredible quality and close your eyes. Symphonium is so good that everyone turns their heads after you.
It belongs to the 17/17 collection,and it is an Fortnum & Mason exclusive ,and from my experience,everything exclusive is way better than the normal collections.
What i really wanted to point out is that Symphonium shares some similarities with Profumum Roma's Acqua E Zucchero,but the richness,the beauty,the density of the blend and the amazing oud note that counterbalances the composition makes Symphonium a real masterpiece in its range.Perfomances...my God what a fragrance,one spray is enough to enevelop the wearer in one of the most delicious scent out there. Even there are some bad people talking bad about it ,the quality-price report is great! Amazingly great!!!!
Yes, this is Symphonium from the house of Xerjoff and it's all worth it!
Yummy!
The composition has appealed to me directly. Tangerine, orange, chocolate and then also vanilla - I was very taken. However, my thoughts were torn - if the fragrance is well composed: a dream, but it can also quickly become an all overlapping nightmare. So straight to Parfumo, into the souk and ordered 3ml to try. Luckily I was not disappointed, a magical chocolate-orange dream! Perfectly matched, pleases my nose immensely. I smelled it on my skin all day, on my clothes even the next day like freshly sprayed on. So if you like chocolate and orange, you won't be disappointed with this scent at all! ?

5 short views on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
A dark chocolate bar filled with orange cream, blended with strong oud and a hint of vanilla. Sweet enough if you like gourmand scents.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 11 months ago
Initially juicy and fruity spicy-sweet, a warm and creamy oriental-spicy Gourmand, tamed by a musky earthy-woody base. 100% Unisex!
MariaSMariaS 1 year ago
Dry orange slice with chocolate syrup and liqueur. Settles to a beautifully blended boozy slightly spicy gourmand. Leaning feminine.
NicheOnlyNicheOnly 1 month ago
Gorgeous chocolate orange from up close, and heavy vanilla that floats around in the air, but the drydown is equivalent to women's bodywash.
ScentedNekoScentedNeko 3 months ago
One of the best gourmands there is. Citruses - check, chocolate - check, oud - check. Has everything a good fragrance needs.
More statements

Images

10 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Amber Star by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff 17/17 - Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff 17/17 - Richwood by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff