Shooting Stars - Allende 2018

Shooting Stars - Allende by XerJoff
Shooting Stars - Allende is a perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is gourmand-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
MagnoliaMagnolia
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
CocoaCocoa
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla

Submitted by Amourage, last update on 29.12.2021.

Blinfluenced
Vanilla heaven or vanilla hell...

For me, who likes sweet scents Allende is an intense vanilla scent with a very light floral note. That it is in the floral share of magniole I could not recognize, especially since my magnolia essence smells different, but may also be due to the concentration.
Design of the packaging is as always excellent, I like the leatherette boxes from Xerjoff, make super in my display case. The meteorite shard is a "nice to have".
Flacon is super as with all Xerjoff fragrances.
The first spray mists me in a vanilla cloud, extreme but still pleasant. From the magnolia I still get nothing with. The 2nd spray puff in the neck floods me then with vanilla, not artificial but also not completely natural. A very light chemical note fills the room.
After about 1.5 hours comes the floral note, for me still nothing of magnolia to recognize. As before, the vanilla is the dominant fragrance.
Durability and performance are excellent, two sprays are quite enough for me to smell the day (8 hrs).
Conclusion:
For me, the vanilla heaven, for those who do not like it so intensely sweet rather not the right fragrance.
Am to this day still looking for the magnolia...
Vanilla not for everyone
First I have to say, I think Allende has not deserved the many negative reviews ;-) Or rather, the taste seems to drift with this Xerjoff clearly apart.
I'm a big vanilla & admittedly also Xerjoff/Casamorati fangirl, may be that I am therefore not entirely objective.
I smell: vanilla, magnolia & musk and find the vanilla in Allende special, not like the conventional vanilla scents too heavy and very warm, rather a light floral vanilla. The synthetics that are mentioned here by some, I can understand, I guess the musk is "guilty" of it. However, that is what makes Allende special in my opinion and I don't know of any perfume that comes close to it. The drydown is very soft vanilla/floral, slightly creamy, but just by the white flowers and the musk no gourmand!
Compliments: rather few, masculine.
As a conclusion, I can say vanilla lovers come here fully at their expense, and also who likes Casamorati Lira / or Bouquet Ideale & Italica, will come here at his expense, all others find the fragrance probably rather difficult.
A plus point is definitely the packaging and the bottle, there are small meteorite pieces and a Zertifkat supplied, yes the marketing has probably struck, but what can I say?! With me it works :-)
Connie
Not at all what I expected. Creepy...
First of all I must mention that I am a big fan of Xerjoff fragrances. I find the vanilla notes in most Xerjoff fragrances especially beautiful. I couldn't wait to test Allende after the many reviews where the vanilla scent was just too sweet and too much for most people. So I expected a vanilla bomb without end. I would have hoped for a vanilla note similar to the irresistible vanilla base note in Xerjoff Casamorati Lira.

I'm completely disappointed in the scent of Allende. Honestly, I hardly smell vanilla, not at all, zero...I just smell a very pungent and very unpleasant pungent floral scent, must be the magnolia. It reminds me a little bit of some of the scents of Chanel. Totally old fashioned, pungent, not warm at all and an absolute headache guarantor... I even smell a little blue hot men's shower gel in between. It's bad. The first time I have to wash off a scent of Xerjoff because I find it just creepy.

Vanilla overdose?
Confused at first by the name, as the only Allende I know of is the Chilean president overthrown by Pinochet... and I am sure he wasn’t the inspiration for this fragrance. I spent most of perfume wearing years avoiding Vanilla until I discovered and enjoyed the likes of Lune Feline and Angelique noire as well as the various Vanilla based fragrances by Sylvaine de la court. Then I thought it’s quite nice to have some vanilla rich fragrance to layer with my usual fragrances. I came across reviews of Allende and and decided to blind buy it, solely on reviews. Now, that’s a bad idea for any fragrance and more so for Allende.
This perfume is so strong that I feel like I am not smelling it properly, I am not able to pick the various notes. I cannot pick out the cocoa not the magnolia and all I get is ultra sharp vanilla. I like gourmands but I am not able to associate this with custard or cream, it’s all Vanilla to me!
I would agree with other reviewers in that it’s better suited for colder weather, and maybe more of an evening fragrance where you want to be noticed. I wouldn’t wear this to the office.
What's in the flowerbed?
It was a cold February night in the rural town of Allende (Mexico) in 1969 when the largest amount of coconut vanillite (not to be confused with Pokemon vanillite) that ever fell on the earth plunged into a flowerbed right next to the post office building. Parts of the vanilla meteorite were found in an area of 8 kilometers and the original total mass was about 2 tons and had the size of an ice car.

In the morning all hell broke loose in Allende. The local post office official declared a state of emergency: "What's in the flowerbed? Now I have to repaint." Through the Apollo program, the whole world was interested in space right now, and professionals were everywhere. At first there was a bit of confusion whether the magnolia belonged to the vanillite and had grown on the meteor or whether it had only gotten into the meteorite through the fall. However, the results of the investigation remained secret for the next decades. Somehow Xerjoff got hold of the results of the investigation in 2018 and they succeeded in distilling the meteorite.

Salvador Allende (1908-1973) was then just one politician among many in the Chilean Unidad Popular (UP), i.e. between two offices. That's why he didn't notice the vanillite meteor at all.

You have to be strong to carry two tons of vanilla scent. It probably helps if you are an astronaut or an astronomer, ice cream vendor or postal worker (high on the yellow wagon). One should wear this fragrance in the colder half of the year. For example, at night in February. Or to commemorate the spirit of optimism that prevailed in the Apollo program at the time. Or if you're in the mood for custard and no one's around.

Generally speaking, however, you have to ask yourself whether you would like to spend so much money on a generic vanilla scent with an unlisted coconut note. There is something similar in the Comptoir Sud Pacifique (Vanilla Coco layered with Vanilla Tiaré?) or Les Senteurs Gourmandes (Vanilla Monoï?). That's just a guess, of course. Perhaps there is only this one unmistakable meteor of coconut vanillite.

IoanaPIoanaP 2 years ago
Strong opening, first sniff neutralized my senses. Very sweet gourmand-floral. Gives me the feeling of an edible body lotion.
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 3 years ago
Very creamy vanilla bomb. Opens with a almond type note, then it dries down has a beautiful floral vanilla, unisex (leaning a bit feminine)

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff