Shooting Stars - Amber Star 2013

Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff
Top 6 in Unisex Perfume
Shooting Stars - Amber Star is a popular limited perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is oriental-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation Limited Edition
Scent goes well with Shooting Stars - Star Musk

Top Notes Top NotesYlang-ylang, Cedarwood, Ambergris
Heart Notes Heart NotesGurjum balsam, Gaiac wood, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Sandalwood, Benzoin, Opoponax

Submitted by Avelus, last update on 24.11.2020.

Completion
Xerjoff has long been an unwritten piece of paper for me. Just like Roja once was. Especially in my early days, I avoided the really big scents. This was partly due to my respect for the fragrance itself and also because of the numerous reviews, which are mostly positive to very positive. Looking back, it was absolutely outrageous, because fair reviews count here and I could not contribute anything bad. I wanted to find the hair in the soup, but I didn't manage to do it and that although I really tried hard. And THAT only because this one should not be on the wish list.
I don't care anymore. The smell is really good, really, really good. That reads sund can also be read and recognized by the previous comments.

It's getting colder now. Surely such a scent would suit you particularly well. The oriental-woody flair is very inviting. Balsamic notes make it wonderfully wearable and not intrusive. I appreciate that very much about fragrances. Not too loud, but not too quiet either. This special compromise and strength. This makes them versatile, both at work and in everyday life itself.

The star in this ensemble is clearly the amber. There's no need to hide that. And the rest is placed around it, knowing that Amber sets the tone, but also knowing that without her as the other components Amber would never shine like this. To represent this so extremely harmoniously is great art and undoubtedly very difficult. It's like Sweetsmell: it's a complex fragrance, but it follows a clear line. No big surprises are needed here.

At the beginning, as already described, the amber is in the foreground. A bit bitchy at the beginning myrrh is added. The scent seems a bit peculiar and bulky here and only becomes a bit calmer when cedar wood joins in.
Here the fragrance is undoubtedly good, but it still lacks the decisive harmony that ultimately makes it so special and balanced. When the top note has settled a bit and guaiac wood becomes noticeable, it becomes more balsamic and spicy. I like this development, as it turns the fragrance upside down a bit.
Since real highlight actually follows in the base. I am a great friend of vanilla in fragrances, especially in combination with sandalwood. The fragrance itself gets a noticeable sweetness, but no obtrusive and annoying, but well-dosed nuances, they fit in wonderfully here. Through the interplay with amber, which is still the center of attention, the fragrance gets a great depth and smells so exceptionally engaging. The initially spicy, but somewhat creaky impression now becomes creamier, lulling. Completion of a great fragrance concept.

The shelf life is good. But I expect the same from a fragrance in the price range. The projection and the perception are also very neat, well balanced between: I'm always there, but actually only for you. I give the rest a little sample of myself, but still belong only to you!
I think this way of Xerjoff is great (regardless of whether it is intended or not). It is not obtrusive and yet always there and the full 12 hours.

For this winter, however, the ordered filling must be sufficient. Xerjoff has already disappointed me. For this reason and also because I want to test it in combination with Star Musk. I hope that the sharing will work. If it works, I will certainly be one more candidate to buy! :)
HIRH
The biggest star in the amber sky
Probably the most beautiful, elegant, reservedly-present amber scent I know.

It is difficult for me to describe the scent precisely. The amber sets the tone, not only in the top note. An oriental balm, probably made of gurjun, vanilla and benzoin, envelops the amber. It seems somehow strange, similar to elemi resin. But I could sit in.

The scent does not project like a world champion, but pleasantly restrained. Nevertheless clearly perceptible! A large part of the perceived projection is not only the projection itself, but also the "angularity" and volume of the scent. If the scent is strikingly composed, the projection is often overrated. Here, the sillage is pleasantly discreet, but definitely present. Which is not a bad thing, in many situations it is more appropriate than suffocating one's own environment. The sillage here is more of an "oh, but this is something special" sillage. Not one of those "oh, he has applied too much" silage.

The durability is brutal.

I don't know, this comment does not really convey the enthusiasm I feel for this fragrance. But rest assured, it's there.

Conclusion: Close your eyes and look at the map. Cheers
Heavenly, divine, ...
With this fragrance XJ weiß Gott has set standards! It seduces me (lastingly) from the first moment on and is probably the tastiest amber creation I was allowed to sniff. I am also thankful that the ylang-ylang I loved was so "built in" here that you can perceive it and still (?) wear it.

Now that I have experienced a number of Xerjoff fragrances, I dare to make a comparison: with Roja. Both will have to put up with that - not least they play in the same price league, and they can't defend themselves either. Well, perhaps indirectly, if I call vehement supporters of one or the other to the scene ...

In short: In contrast to Roja perfumes, whose first impression can be deceptive and in which different notes emerge and take effect in the course of the hours, I cannot observe such a development in any of the XJ fragrances known to me. Maybe I'm too much of a layman for that, and more experienced scent noses will wrinkle them over my statement.

Anyway, I love this fragrance anyway (or even more so), because it delights me constantly for a whole day.
AnjaTom
Timeless perfume art... a masterpiece!
Simply a masterpiece! I can't express it more aptly!
You don't need to say a word about the H/S with this fragrance, just ultra ingenious!
The P/L, well, it's already a hefty price.

The fragrance itself:
Wonderful warm wood bedded in honey (Yes, I smell honey out)!
It is a very multi-faceted fragrance that unfolds wonderfully on the skin and is by no means linear, but remains true to its line.

Still, he brought back a memory of something... then it occurred to me:

"Oud Save The King" (yes, for comparison some Xerjoff fans will want to hit me now)

But honestly, I compared yesterday with Oud Save the King and found an amazing resemblance to the "Amber Star".

The OSTK smells a little less like honey, a little "cookie" I would say!
In short, if you like the Amber Star but don't have the necessary change, you should try the OSTK!
In comparison to the Amber Star a real "Cheapie", of course not quite so multifaceted and refined, but definitely worth a test!

Nevertheless, Chapeau for this masterpiece!

KimJongKimJong 2 months ago
Balsamic, smoky, elegance and sweet. But this subtle taste cannot be expressed by the word 'sweet'.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 3 months ago
A slightly spicy/animalic, oriental-woody Winter fragrance, balanced by a creamy sweet resinous-woody base. Nice vanilla-ambergris combo!
FranknSenseFranknSense 10 months ago
This is probably the best vanilla elixir I own. It's also very balsamic and woody. It's a joy to use but strangely not popular with girls.
ScentedGentScentedGent 11 months ago
Amber Star is about as close to perfection as anything I've ever smelled. LOVE it!

by Can777
by Dimwobba
by Iluvdawid
by Iluvdawid

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff