Shooting Stars - Amber Star 2013

Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff
Top 7 in Unisex Perfume
Shooting Stars - Amber Star is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is oriental-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Shooting Stars - Star Musk

Top Notes Top NotesYlang-ylangYlang-ylang CedarwoodCedarwood AmbergrisAmbergris
Heart Notes Heart NotesGurjum balsamGurjum balsam Gaiac woodGaiac wood MyrrhMyrrh
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla SandalwoodSandalwood BenzoinBenzoin OpoponaxOpoponax

Submitted by Avelus, last update on 24.05.2022.

Sex im Flakon!
Das ist der schönste Amber Duft, den ich je gerochen habe! Ich habe mich durch sehr viele Amber Düfte getestet, es gibt so viele schöne aber diese Duft toppt jeden!
Das Amber in diesem Duft ist sehr sanft und schön. Durch die Vanille und den höozernen Noten wirkt der Duft sehr warm und doch ist er sehr stark und wird direkt wahrgenommen. Die Sillage ist top, du wirst in jedem großen Raum wahrgenommen.
Einfach der schönste Amber Duft. Teste ihn, lass dich von ihm verführen und verlieb dich in ihn! Ein Traum.
Phl92
Amber, the stuff of... Crap is made of.
Before we reach for the amber stars a short digression:
I recently got to test what it means to swim in the afternoon at Louis Vuitton. They call it "Afternoon Swim" and package it in light blue transparent vials. The result after a short but intense splash was refreshing, but unfortunately I constantly had the feeling that Lous Vuitton had located his pool directly at a farm and the adjacent cowshed.

What does the whole thing have to do with Amber Stars by Xerjoff?
After applying Amber Stars stings me again, but only initially this penetrating and now already familiar scent in the mind.

What can that be?

Well, a quick look at the fragrance notes expose the two commonalities of the 2 Dufte, which seen as a whole, but have very very little in common:

Amber!

This provocative introduction goes quite with the (for me) provocative opening of this high quality and complex fragrance.
It just has to be ambergris that makes the immediate association with me to the farm, more specifically, the cow barn in the neighboring village of my home.
Not absolutely horrible, if you're into pure nature, but pay extra to wear it on your skin, I really don't want to.
But as already mentioned, this amber develops in the Amber Stars of Xerjoff but after a short time to a relatively tart and dark fragrance mixture, which truly reaches to the stars.
The contained ylang-ylang, which can also be strongly perceived, awakens in me further similarities to the Black Orchid perfume by Tom Ford (the golden bottle) and that alone makes the fragrance good. In the highly complex and fine drydown are further also the bourbon vanilla for me more noticeable, but to filter out individual fragrance notes, my nose is simply not enough still trained.

To readers of this review not to get lost: this fragrance has altogether purely nothing to do with Afternoon Swim by LV, which is definitely rather a fragrance for warm days, whereas Amber is probably optimal for colder days, as they come now.
The fragrance fits better for me in the evening to elegant clothes and is absolutely unisex suitable for me. At the same time I see the fragrance both in women and men with style and upscale wardrobe as well as age. (Absolutely no high school prom potential)

Durability and sillage is very strong, and to the projection I can hardly say something concrete, but would think that he properly bangs (but with style of course;)

I will not buy the fragrance so soon, also because the price shocks and deters from it.
Should I do that but ever, that is with certainty rather a grip on the stars than a grip in the dunghill!
Ischgelroi
I can't understand the very good reviews...
I received my bottlings of Xerjoff Amber Star and Star Musk on Friday. The excitement for the test was of course again huge. The reviews here really suggest a holy grail in a bottle. Of course, due to this euphoria in the reviews, the expectation for Amber Star has also been high. Of course, it would now be possible to discuss whether the expectations have been set wrong by the previously mentioned reviews.

But now to the fragrance itself: It is really not easy for me here to evaluate this fragrance. Let me start like this: Amber Star has of course a very strong amber note, which is also quite well done and I also like. Unfortunately, that's about it for the good. Amber Star seems to me stuffy, oppressive to slightly musty, where this mustiness comes from I don't know unfortunately. The vanilla is here too strong in the foreground and makes in conjunction with the amber this stuffy and oppressive combination. Here I just do not see a fragrance in the premium segment. It lacks refinement and subtlety. The extremely good ratings just don't make sense to me here at all. Of course, Amber Star is not a misfortune in the bottle and already solid but for me just not more and with a fragrance under 100€ I would be here also more generous.

The next problem is the almost non-existent silage on my skin. Amber Star is well perceptible for 20-30 minutes just at an arm's length, but shortly thereafter the silage is no longer existent with me. I had to press my nose flat on my arm to be able to smell Amber Star. I cannot give this a good rating. Anyone who does not have the problem can of course ignore my assessment at this point regarding the silage.

The durability is but very good 11-12 hours I can smell Amber Star on the skin when I press my nose Platt.

Unfortunately, I am extremely disappointed in this Xerjoff, especially with the price in mind.
Manogi
The wonderful smell of old books
Thanks to the dear @Jolanda12 I was allowed to test this fragrance. She has praised him in the highest tones. And she has not promised too much.

It is not even a particularly complex fragrance. A scent progression I could not perceive practically. But the fragrance has character. He triggers feelings with me. That makes it special for me.

If I had to describe it, I would most likely say that it smells like old books. I can see myself in a library browsing through yellowed works. Shooting Stars - Amber Star has something sweet about it, which I attribute mostly to the ylang-ylang and benzoin. But there is also something for which I have no words - except "old books". I have a hard time identifying the individual scents that make up this impression. It could be the myrrh, but also the gujak wood or the opoponax, which I don't really like - or all of them together. I don't know Gurjan balsam. But that doesn't really matter here. The overall composition is fascinating. It strikes me as a tamed Animalix | Aaron Terence Hughes. The scent is more pleasing, as it also has a certain sweetness, but has the same atmosphere for me.

Remarkable is the durability. That was easily 24 hours. Sprayed on the hand I could smell it even after washing my hands. Also the sillage is neat.

Who likes fragrances that are somewhat out of the ordinary, but still very wearable, I can very much to the heart Shooting Stars - Amber Star once to test. The price is horrendous though. Apparently it is only available as a set with Shooting Stars - Star Musk for almost 700 €. The fragrance is great, but whether that is justified, I dare to doubt.
The most devilish angel
Xerjoff, what have you done?
This fragrance is driving me crazy. But in a positive sense.
On me I love the scent, it smells slightly sweet, woody and very strong amber. He is in my experience a very good date fragrance. The ladies do not understand at the beginning, what suddenly smell!?
I smell the fragrance on me very very much. Although he is a unisex fragrance, I see tendency clearly on the male side.
As a man, the fragrance is relatively easy to wear. Personally, I apply it to 90% on dates, but also in my spare time while strolling through the city or quite clumsy, because I just want to inhale the stuff.
What woman could wear the fragrance? I clearly see a well-dressed woman here. Summer dress? Blazer? Top coordinated outfit gladly also with jeans and a nice shirt to it? My thoughts go in many directions.

Unfortunately, Xerjoff does not sell the fragrance individually. He comes only with Star Musk. Over 600€ is not a little money for it. However, I recommend ordering a sample. Smartest consisting of Amber Star and Star Musk.
The performance is also very good. On my skin with moderate sweat production I could determine times of about 8 - 14 hours. On the clothes we are talking about a good two to three days.

I am very very happy to smell this masterpiece from Xerjoff. Personally, it is my favorite fragrance of Xerjoff.
DerDefcon
Something is missing here.
"Amber Star" by Xerjoff is one of those fragrances that I really wanted to get under my nose, regardless of whether I buy it or not. The latter is more likely, this fragrance is after all only sold in a double pack with "Star Musk" and is thus inevitably in a financial sphere, in which I will not go under any circumstances. At some point there is also an end. So it's not so bad that I like this Xerjoff candidate, but at the same time it doesn't completely knock my socks off. It starts off cinnamony and very tingly, according to my nose. Behind this initial scent impression, I suspect the ambergris that also provides a similar tingling sensation in "Ambre Nuit" or "40 Knots". What follows is probably the epitome of the everyday amber par excellence, it does not go into the resinous or even sticky, but is rather dry-woody nature - probably due to the subtle smoky guaiac wood and myrrh. The whole thing is rounded off by the vanilla, which also at no time for a drift into gourmand or Diabetisgefilde provides.
"Amber Star" is thus, to sum it up, a wonderfully airy amber fragrance that can be worn almost across seasons. The durability is indeed enormous and the sillage is also not from bad parents, but it is just by just that airy not slaying, as long as you do not overdo it with spraying. However, I feel this Xerjoff as seeeehr smooth ... too smooth. It was refrained from giving it corners and edges as you often find in other amber fragrances. So it comes that this Xerjoff - as good and wearable as I find it - became a bit boring to me with longer wearing time. Ultimately, it is therefore other amber fragrances that smell more interesting for me - for example, "Grand Soir" from the house of Kurkdjian or the "Casamorati - 1888"
Jasmin96
The gentleman among vanilla fragrances
When reading the ingredients comes so many on the idea to stamp AS as one of many vanilla fragrances. Slightly woody, some amber and lots of vanilla.
The first time you smelled the initial suspicion quickly comes back to mind. But wait a minute. There is apparently something more to smell. Already initially comes through a slight amber note, which becomes more and more perceptible over time. It is not intrusive. It makes the fragrance not a youth or casual companion. It seems distinguished, almost elegant. The amber note, however, is not as extreme as most other amber fragrances. It resonates slightly and gives it that specialness. By this fragrance DNA I find him not only suitable for winter but also on lukewarm spring days very pleasant.

About the flacons I think you do not have to write much. They are usual high quality and feel very good in the hand.

The durability and sillage are very good. He is sprayed on the evening, in the morning still perceptible
Fenice
Carlisle...? Where are you?!
Finally it's time again for a review :D and this time I have myself none other than Xerjoff Amber Star vorgeknöpft!

Hachja... Xerjoff... a brand that is mega hyped just like PDM, Creed, MFK and Tom Ford, so I HAD to test what's up with this hype.

When the bottling of Amber Star arrived, I couldn't wait to finally test this, after all, according to reviews etc, Amber Star MUST be PURE GOLD, anything else would be "blasphemy". Well, let's do it!

Fragrance
I actually have a hard time describing the scent because this one starts off, I don't know, woody(?) and then vanilla comes in. Anyway, it smells really good and I can also understand why many here describe the top note as the "best", because it's really quite good. As it progresses, however, you notice that the scent becomes sweeter but not at all sticky sweet but pleasant. After several hours the scent develops, how shall I say? I honestly do not know, but it just smells 1:1 after Parfums de Marly Carlisle.

Unfortunately, I can not describe the fragrance in more detail, because it smells woody, vanilla and slightly spicy with me but after which wood, etc. I can not say, because I do not know and am not yet so well trained to be able to smell out exactly.

When I sprayed on the fragrance and it smelled after several hours in the drydown after Parfums de Marly Carlisle, I had wondered at first very much and thought: "Why does it smell here after Carlisle? Where did that come from? I didn't have anyone over!". Then I went through the whole apartment but found nothing, went to the balcony but there it didn't smell like Carlisle either. When I lay in bed in the evening, it still smelled like Carlisle and then I noticed that my wrist smelled like Carlisle, but I couldn't explain why, because I hadn't sprayed on any Carlisle and I don't own any Carlisle anymore. The next day I immediately went here on Parfumo and looked at Amber Star and Carlisle and could hardly believe my eyes! The base note (except for benzoin and patchouli) is identical, also the smell of Amber Star and Carlisle is identical in the drydown (base note).

Base note Amber Star: Bourbon vanilla, sandalwood, benzoin, opoponax
Base note Carlisle: vanilla, patchouli, sandalwood, opoponax

Anyone who owns Carlisle and Amber Star (both), spray you both times and wait several hours, the drydown will be the one and the same!

If I had to test blind, I wouldn't be able to tell if the scent was from Parfums de Marly or Xerjoff. If I didn't know it was from Xerjoff and someone gave it to me to smell blindly and told me it was from Parfums de Marly, I would believe it immediately, because Amber Star could very well have been a creation of PDM from the smell. If PDM created this and the price was reasonable, I would buy the fragrance without hesitation. Exactly if Xerjoff would sell for a maximum of 220€ as 100ml, I would buy immediately.

@!Sillage

The sillage is quite strong d. h. if one uses 1 Sprüher, one smells the perfume still several meters far.

Durability

The shelf life is also quite long 12+ hours.

Although I do not own the bottle, but have seen him in videos and pictures already and find this very beautiful and very high quality and a real eye-catcher.

@!Recommendation
Since I am torn, on the one hand yes because of the top and heart notes, as these are really very nice. On the other hand, no, because it smells in the drydown simply 1:1 like Parfums de Marly Carlisle (base note).

Those who value the top and heart notes: Yes, there I can recommend Xerjoff Amber Star.

Who puts value on the base note: No, since I would reach for PDM Carlisle, is much cheaper (with promotions / discounts) than Xerjoff Amber Star and smells 1:1 like Amber Star in the drydown (base note).

General recommendation: NO! Not because of the fragrance, which is really good and pleasant (I could not find the urine note mentioned here from time to time simply), but because of the price: Even if the fragrance is good, the flacon and box very nice and high quality, that just does not justify the price of 660€ or 330€ or similar per flacon. Even if both bottles cost 300€ each and the box 60€, that still doesn't justify such an astronomical price. Even considering the milliliter number of 50ml each, I find the price in no way justified.

@!Heartbreaker

Amber Star is often compared with Grand Soir, to this I can only say one thing from my personal point of view: The two are the same, if at all, only very minimally. I find Grand Soir actually more violent and more extraordinary (nischiger) than Amber star, also the Drydown with Grand Soir I find better than with Amber Star.

Let me put it this way:
If Amber Star had the Drydown of Grand Soir, it would be a MEGA DUFT! Or the other way around, if Grand Soir had the opening of Amber Star, Grand Soir would be a MEGA Smell! I love Grand Soir (only the drydown though) and I like Amber Star (only the opening).

If you want a "cheap" and brutal amber fragrance, you should buy Grand Soir. If money is no object: Amber Star!

Which of both smells more exclusive, better whatever, I do not know, I would also not like to judge, because everyone feels it differently. I find both very good, but if money plays a role: Since I find Grand Soir really better (price / performance is absolutely TOP).

Who owns Grand Soir, Amber Star does not necessarily need, but it is also no shame to own Amber Star.

@!Credits
Many thanks to MissPDMarly for bottling Xerjoff Amber Star :) a very nice person!
Nadiiine
The queen among fragrances.
I could already sniff a variety of fragrances in the past and I always got to smell very nice scents. Sometimes it takes longer until I fall in love, sometimes it is an "okay" or sometimes I do not like a fragrance. Because of the high price I refused to test this fragrance at the beginning, because I was afraid I could fall in love with it and then I am faced with the big problem that I absolutely have to have a bottle. And what can I say? - that's exactly what happened. Then the day came when my sample kit arrived and I got to smell Amber Star for the first time. And many of you have already written here in the reviews exactly what I think: This fragrance has left me speechless, it is a true masterpiece & I have never smelled something so beautiful! Yes, I almost come to tears, as beautiful as he is! After the first spray, I guarded my little sample like my treasure. I sprayed it on a test strip and tugged on it for days. About the scent: it's incredibly warm, spicy, deep and so finely tuned. The scents harmonize so well with each other and everything is just right! It's hard for me personally to smell the individual scents, but I can detect amber from the start. The resinous and woody notes in the base are also very noticeable. It is so smooth, so special! It has such an allure, magical! The H+S are outstanding! God how I was happy to smell it on my sweater the next day and Amber Star greeted me and put a glow right on my face
Noble fragrance dream
Amber Star is, as the name suggests, a wonderful sweet amber fragrance. High-quality and creamy, this perfume seems like a revelation for the lover of amber fragrances. Various oriental resins, whose scents have been excellently extracted, accentuate the fragrance and transform the gentle violence of the supporting amber note into a soft scent. The resulting composition is finely rounded off by warm-spicy sandalwood and cedar and dipped in a sweet, embracing bourbon vanilla.

An inimitable fragrance, rarely smelled such a round, noble and high-quality fragrance.
Only to recommend !

RisingChaosRisingChaos 8 months ago
Spicy, woody amber with rich balsams, a touch of vanilla, and animalic undertones. Ylang-ylang adds a floral touch. Strong performance.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Woody and slightly salty (ambergris) opening. Then balsamic, spicy and resinous. Also a sweet and slightly animalic vanilla in the base.
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Balsamic, smoky, elegance and sweet. But this subtle taste cannot be expressed by the word 'sweet'.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
A slightly spicy/animalic, oriental-woody Winter fragrance, balanced by a creamy sweet resinous-woody base. Nice vanilla-ambergris combo!
FranknSenseFranknSense 2 years ago
This is probably the best vanilla elixir I own. It's also very balsamic and woody. It's a joy to use but strangely not popular with girls.
ScentedGentScentedGent 2 years ago
Amber Star is about as close to perfection as anything I've ever smelled. LOVE it!

by Sweetsmell75
by Lufax
by Domex99
by Domex99

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Richwood by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Accento Overdose by XerJoff