Begum 2015

Begum by XerJoff
Begum is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-creamy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesLemonLemon
BergamotBergamot
Red berriesRed berries
FreesiaFreesia
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose absoluteDamask rose absolute
Jasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
LilacLilac
VetiverVetiver
VanillaVanilla
AmberAmber
MuskMusk

Submitted by Midia, last update on 16.07.2021.

The scent is exclusively available at Harrods, London.

Larasu
Walk in the castle garden
Do you have a certain person in front of your eyes when it comes to perfumes to which exactly this fragrance would fit? It is not only about the outer appearance, it must also reflect the character, the essence of the person. Since I've become more intensively involved with fragrances, such an image almost automatically pops into my head. With Begum it was different, I had no person in front of my eyes. He painted for me one of the most beautiful images.
Sprayed, he transported me to one of the most beautiful places, a place I could probably only dream of. I'm standing in the middle of the front yard of a gigantic white castle. The castle stands a good kilometer in the distance. To my left and right are a row of citrus trees, they are lemon and bergamot trees. They lead straight ahead, parallel like a path to a huge golden fountain.
Between the trees are berry bushes that look almost dainty. They bear bright red berries and taste just as they look juicy and sweet. The sun makes everything in this garden smell even more intense. It really brings the sour, vibrant flavors of the citrus to life.
Arriving at the fountain, probably the most beautiful part of the garden awaits me. Around him is a huge meadow of flowers, always arranged by color. It is downright a work of art. A beautiful play of colors, which shines in front of the white castle in the most diverse colors under the sun.
When I look at the various flowers, I recognize each of them, but when I close my eyes, it is very difficult for me to identify a particular one based on their scent; no single one of them dominates. The interplay of all the flowers creates a floral wonder with so many different facets. Each flower brings its own special scent characteristics. It smells creamy, powdery, clean, exotic, fresh and green all together. Meanwhile, I don't notice the scent from the fruit and citrus as potent as it was in the beginning but still present. Through a sweet vanilla note, the sea of flowers seems meanwhile even creamier.
In this fragrance spectacle I could stay for hours, time flies. It has become cooler. And now I begin to perceive the scent of the adjacent forest; it is rosewood and especially sandalwood. The sweetness of the vanilla has diminished considerably. Instead, I now detect the combination of balsamic amber with a gentle animalic note. Amber lends probably again some sweetness together the base notes envelope one cautiously.
Begum is special, !!Beautiful!! and he is above all incredibly well balanced.
The sweet, fruity head along with the fresh, acidic citrus, doesn't make the floral seem heavy and overbearing despite the creamy vanilla, it's like they hit the perfect middle ground. The whole is rounded off by the warm, gentle animalic base.
Because of the "floral explosion", I guess many see Begum as feminine. I have to say that it is not a fragrance that would be considered one of the typical masculine fragrances, but I don't see it as "too" feminine at all. It's a beautiful interplay of fruity, citrusy, floral, and woody accords that will suit anyone.
I still don't have an image in my head of a specific person wearing the scent. The only thing I can say is that you smell very wealthy with the fragrance, but without being strict / serious to act; on the contrary, he acts sympathetic and inviting. Without knowing the meaning of the name of the fragrance, it has triggered such an association in me (thanks to Jade89 again for drawing attention :D)
In case you didn't know either Begum is a title worn only by princesses and princesses.
Thanks for reading :o)

CCatalina1
When real beauty meets reality
Begum from Xerjoff is a state of mind, an intimate universe, an alchemy of the senses, a connection with the deepest instincts, it is the perfume that makes you become much more elegant and more seductive.
It belongs to the category of creamy floral perfumes with fruity accents, and according to this classification, Begum is characterized by a wonderful harmony conferred by the mixture of jasmine, rose, freesia and ylang with the precious sandalwood and sensual amber accents. Along with fruity notes, Begum can also be called 'the perfume of desire' its sensuality and magic defining it as one of the sexiest and highest quality perfumes of all time.

Begum it s clearly one,if not the best offering from Xerjoff, of course in my subjective opinion. It has everything,from smell to the quality of the ingredients,from the amazing (not chemical at all)perfomances to the beautiful packaging. And somehow,yes,by a long shot,Begum reminds me of Roja's new Nüwa ,the sandalwood note is pretty much there ,the finess and the elegance are almost identical ,BUT Begum is exceptional. Truly exceptional.

by Q8baggio
by Q8baggio

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff