Begum 2015

Begum by XerJoff
Begum is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-creamy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesLemonLemon
BergamotBergamot
Red berriesRed berries
FreesiaFreesia
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose absoluteDamask rose absolute
Jasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
LilacLilac
VetiverVetiver
VanillaVanilla
AmberAmber
MuskMusk

Submitted by Midia, last update on 16.10.2021.

The scent is exclusively available at Harrods, London.

FlinkPoyd
The scent of the Indian princess...
... so it suggests at least the name of the perfume, which was chosen for me almost appropriate!
Why only almost suitable? I consider it quite wearable for both man and woman without any inclination to a gender.... Not to mention that you shouldn't be put off by it anyway, wear what makes you happy!

And a little preface on my part before I get into the review on this heavenly masterpiece...
I'm writing my very first review here after just under a year on Parfumo, so please bear with me and I'm looking for suggestions for improvement from you readers and please give me feedback in the comments :)
So far I have only dared to statements, but this fragrance has convinced me so much that I need a few more characters here.
I will evaluate each criterion individually, from DNA to bottle, P / L I will disregard, because I think that the price is secondary for now, as long as you yourself are convinced of the fragrance.

What awaits you olfactory in this fragrance?
The first thing that came to my mind when I got to know Begum was a slight association with Oud Satin Mood Extrait de Parfum, however, I must say right away that it develops in a different direction! This fragrance contains a great rose-oud combination as well as in the just mentioned fragrance by Mr. Kurkdjian but additionally has a huge floral variety in it!
In addition, the almost indescribably beautiful creaminess, prompted by a great mixture of ylang-ylang, sandalwood and the Florentine iris (iris).
This fragrance manages to be dedicated with its DNA for every season and that has also fascinated me in this fragrance, that create only the fewest.
After over 300 tested fragrances I could for the first time a smooth 10 in the DNA award, of course, that is always in the eye of the beholder, but I can speak for myself and say that this kind of fragrance has more than convinced me and seen in the long term it will continue to do so. A true fragrance experience for me!

How long do I perceive this fragrance on my skin?
I always rate my longevity in hours, i.e. 1/10 = 1 hr, 2/10 = 2 hrs, etc.
I have Begum perceived with me even after a good 9 hours on the skin and could therefore include here a 9/10 in the overall rating. Since the fragrance contains the classic rose-oud combination, it was also to be expected that this is not only suitable for a few hours.

How do others perceive the fragrance / how strong is its external effect?
Of course, this is always difficult to judge, due to the instructed feedbacks needed for this. Due to my work in the office, however, I could easily fall back on this feedback here (many thanks to my colleagues at this point, who do not read this here but still have to endure every day even partially "heavy not mass suitable" fragrances ;D ). Here I always try in advance to draw the comparison to absolute sillage monsters such as Interlude Man which, as is well known, could fill entire stadiums with a single spray. With Begum the radiation is indeed there, but moderate, which I find quite pleasant (at least with this fragrance DNA)!
All in all, you can say that you definitely get smelled with this fragrance, it still doesn't catch you off guard. So basically the perfect blend was found.

To the optics of the flacon I think I do not have to say much, that is consistently a matter of taste and has nothing to do with the fragrance :)

Finally, I can tell you that I have found with this fragrance my (probably) future signature fragrance, which unfortunately does not currently adorn my collection yet.... This fragrance is exclusively available at Harrods in London and for us Europeans almost inaccessible, unless you book the next plane and make a trip to England, just for a fragrance... :) You have to decide for yourself, if it would be worth it... Probably it would be to me, if I did not have a panic fear of flying!
I hope that one day I have the opportunity to call this fragrance my own.

Thank you so much for your time!
Larasu
Walk in the castle garden
Do you have a certain person in front of your eyes when it comes to perfumes to which exactly this fragrance would fit? It is not only about the outer appearance, it must also reflect the character, the essence of the person. Since I've become more intensively involved with fragrances, such an image almost automatically pops into my head. With Begum it was different, I had no person in front of my eyes. He painted for me one of the most beautiful images.
Sprayed, he transported me to one of the most beautiful places, a place I could probably only dream of. I'm standing in the middle of the front yard of a gigantic white castle. The castle stands a good kilometer in the distance. To my left and right are a row of citrus trees, they are lemon and bergamot trees. They lead straight ahead, parallel like a path to a huge golden fountain.
Between the trees are berry bushes that look almost dainty. They bear bright red berries and taste just as they look juicy and sweet. The sun makes everything in this garden smell even more intense. It really brings the sour, vibrant flavors of the citrus to life.
Arriving at the fountain, probably the most beautiful part of the garden awaits me. Around him is a huge meadow of flowers, always arranged by color. It is downright a work of art. A beautiful play of colors, which shines in front of the white castle in the most diverse colors under the sun.
When I look at the various flowers, I recognize each of them, but when I close my eyes, it is very difficult for me to identify a particular one based on their scent; no single one of them dominates. The interplay of all the flowers creates a floral wonder with so many different facets. Each flower brings its own special scent characteristics. It smells creamy, powdery, clean, exotic, fresh and green all together. Meanwhile, I don't notice the scent from the fruit and citrus as potent as it was in the beginning but still present. Through a sweet vanilla note, the sea of flowers seems meanwhile even creamier.
In this fragrance spectacle I could stay for hours, time flies. It has become cooler. And now I begin to perceive the scent of the adjacent forest; it is rosewood and especially sandalwood. The sweetness of the vanilla has diminished considerably. Instead, I now detect the combination of balsamic amber with a gentle animalic note. Amber lends probably again some sweetness together the base notes envelope one cautiously.
Begum is special, !!Beautiful!! and he is above all incredibly well balanced.
The sweet, fruity head along with the fresh, acidic citrus, doesn't make the floral seem heavy and overbearing despite the creamy vanilla, it's like they hit the perfect middle ground. The whole is rounded off by the warm, gentle animalic base.
Because of the "floral explosion", I guess many see Begum as feminine. I have to say that it is not a fragrance that would be considered one of the typical masculine fragrances, but I don't see it as "too" feminine at all. It's a beautiful interplay of fruity, citrusy, floral, and woody accords that will suit anyone.
I still don't have an image in my head of a specific person wearing the scent. The only thing I can say is that you smell very wealthy with the fragrance, but without being strict / serious to act; on the contrary, he acts sympathetic and inviting. Without knowing the meaning of the name of the fragrance, it has triggered such an association in me (thanks to Jade89 again for drawing attention :D)
In case you didn't know either Begum is a title worn only by princesses and princesses.
Thanks for reading :o)

CCatalina1
When real beauty meets reality
Begum from Xerjoff is a state of mind, an intimate universe, an alchemy of the senses, a connection with the deepest instincts, it is the perfume that makes you become much more elegant and more seductive.
It belongs to the category of creamy floral perfumes with fruity accents, and according to this classification, Begum is characterized by a wonderful harmony conferred by the mixture of jasmine, rose, freesia and ylang with the precious sandalwood and sensual amber accents. Along with fruity notes, Begum can also be called 'the perfume of desire' its sensuality and magic defining it as one of the sexiest and highest quality perfumes of all time.

Begum it s clearly one,if not the best offering from Xerjoff, of course in my subjective opinion. It has everything,from smell to the quality of the ingredients,from the amazing (not chemical at all)perfomances to the beautiful packaging. And somehow,yes,by a long shot,Begum reminds me of Roja's new Nüwa ,the sandalwood note is pretty much there ,the finess and the elegance are almost identical ,BUT Begum is exceptional. Truly exceptional.

by FlinkPoyd
by FlinkPoyd
by Dandrobe
by Dandrobe
by Q8baggio
by Q8baggio

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff