Shooting Stars - Blue Hope 2014

Shooting Stars - Blue Hope by XerJoff
Shooting Stars - Blue Hope is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Carlo Ribero

JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesCastoreumCastoreum
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 26.10.2021.

4ajbukoshka
"Sometimes at night I look at the stars..."
"Sometimes at night I look at the stars
And I see your face before me
It's reflected so beautifully in the Elbe
Though I know you're not here"
[4ajbukoshka sits] at the harbor all alone in the cold
Even though [she almost freezes to death]
As if half of [her] heart is missing
What [she] has left is a piece of paper." (1)
Wrapped in (reusable beeswax) paper: Tangerines, clementines? Those orange crossed mini oranges just now. Whatever it was...
A baby beaver scurries by, having hoped to find something edible here. With cute beady eyes, the fluffy-lovely thing scans the surroundings to disappear unnoticed. So that's what it should have come all the way out of the burrow for, hmph. In vain, 4ajbukoshka waits for mama beaver to follow, but is secretly glad not to have been attacked by an animal.
Today was her day off after all, a special day, this one in 365: 4ajbukoshka's birthday.
Here's to an Earl Grey! This one is cold, colder than the wind in Hamburg, but 4ajbukoshka is warmed from the inside. Jasmine sits down with her. Together they sit there and keep silent, if they couldn't find the right words. It is not always words that are needed when your best friend and supporter hugs you tightly, so tightly that almost all the air escapes from 4ajbukoshka. But that's what she needs right now, to come back to herself. Jasmine smells ever so slightly vanilla, so for 4ajbukoshka: like "home," wherever that place may be.
"For us, it's goodbye
and pray for a reunion
[...] Tears fall like drizzle" (1)
After the warm shower, it is already late at night and dark, 4ajbukoshka wraps herself in her freshly laundered blankets and looks out her window:
"I don't know if you hear me when I say something
Whether you see me under the radar
Are you really here when I'm not sleeping?
I can't feel it
even though [everyone says it]!" (1)

"The sky's the fucking limit
Give me something that never ends!" (2)
Give me hope: a shooting star in the sky above my window. Glittering water of the Elbe - even if it's just my reclexion.

________________________
(1): Bozza - Elbe (2020)
(2): Sido & Samra - Empty Hands (2021)
Unfortunately a bit boring
I received yesterday my filling of Blue Hope and have this now today aufgesprüht in the morning and could observe the scent today the whole day in the home office / smell.

Blue Hope opens nice and fruity and sweet like Decas, Erba Pura and Nero70, with Nero70 being a bit rougher with the neroli, but more on that later. Right after spraying it on, I smell mostly mandarin, bergamot, vanilla, and a slight saffron note, which thankfully isn't too strong. The next 1-2 hours there are no major changes to the fragrance. After about two hours, the fresh and fruity notes retreat and more vanilla comes through and the typical Xerjoff musk note, combined with the initial saffron note. The whole now remains until the end after something 10-11 hours.

Now we come to the reason why I will not buy Blue Hope. I already own Xerjoff Nero70 and Nishane Ambra Calabria. These perfumes have a clear similarity they combine the freshness and fruitiness of orange and bergamot and Nero70 still Neroli. Exactly these fresh and fruity components are also present in Blue Hope. Especially Ambra Calabria shows a clear similarity, but I definitely like the freshness better in Ambra Calabria. Nero70, on the other hand, is even fresher and has an absolutely unique DNA through the clearly perceptible neroli, this comes up short in Blue Hope, especially in comparison with Nero70.

Blue Hope could only partially convince me. I find the fragrance definitely good, but unfortunately a bit boring compared to the other two fragrances, especially with Nero70 as a competitor from the same house.

Who has the Amabra Calabria or Nero70 not yet can of course take a look at Blue Hope, but for me Blue Hope is not convincing enough for a bottle purchase.

Taurus1967
High carat with fine grinding
It is really a coincidence that my last comment about Armani's "Diamonds for Men" also has to do with the most valuable of all gemstones. For XerJoff's "Blue Hope" is also a diamond, probably one of the most beautiful, most famous and most expensive of all - the legendary blue "Hope" diamond, which was already discovered in the 17th century and since then several owners have been able to call it their own.

Among them the 45 carter was owned by the Hope family for a good 50 years, which ultimately gave him his name. Meanwhile it is located in the Smithsonian Institution in Washington and has an estimated value of about 200 to 250 million dollars.

You don't have to dig quite as deep into your pocket at XerJoff to purchase the "Blue Hope", where a good € 400 is called for 100 ml of the pure perfume. For some people it's still a small fortune, for others a lapidary shrug of the shoulders when using the black Amex.

The Blue Hope first shines with a fruity melange of tangerines, some bergamot and a little saffron. Ideal for warm days, even though jasmine, musk and especially vanilla will be added shortly afterwards. All this without a doubt quite valuable and with a tendency to powdery. In between, for whatever reason, beaver's horny has been placed, which does not necessarily harm the creation. On the contrary: this minimal animalism adds a little extra touch of mystery to the fragrance.

Personally, I like the fact that Blue Hope is not the umpteenth version of powdery and orange blossom, but with the citric-saffron-like prelude has contributed to more looseness and summeriness, because this perfume is thus wearable for all seasons, although it seems more for the evening than for going out.

I think it will also be more popular with the ladies, but men would also appreciate it - especially since the durability here is more than okay. The sillage is enormous in the first few minutes, but then decreases more and more.

The theme with the blue Hope diamond is quite appropriate here, but the Armani looks more like gemstones.
Blue is a vague color
"Blue Hope" is a very sweet, cool musk sweetness. The fair meets the evening ball. A brave mixture. That can quickly seem cheap and kitschy, but for my taste it only does it briefly at the beginning, then the noble scent sits down and enchants. At least it has the potential.

Narciso Rodriguez in niche, you might say. They go a lot in the direction of musk, powdery, lipstick. Definitely more feminine, you'd think first. But if you smell the smell into the current men's shelves, it'll relativize itself again. So it goes for everyone, like fragrance always does. Wear whatever you like. It's like with colours - the social presettings can be ignored or even reversed. Why not, it doesn't hurt anyone and only brings colour and freshness into play.

Back to the blue hope (sounds like a ship's name^^): Xerjoff surely has even better and more complex scents in his program, with "Blue Hope" you know immediately where you are and much doesn't change anymore. But if you like fluffy cloudy cotton candy with light splashes of orange and saffron, you can treat yourself to a bottling. Because the extremely high price, the fragrance would not be worth much to me even if I liked it even more... It's overcoated and only for sheikhs and tsars
Flacon: the overall presentation is already raised, definitely
Sillage: despite the sweetness of the fairground not too loud. But it depends on your own standards.
Durability: the price and claim (almost) reasonable - 7-9 hours

Conclusion: the colour of hope... "Blue Hope" is a powdery musk vanilla glue that is airy and high quality enough to wrap its "cheap" theme finely and sexy and luxurious. Nevertheless: still more for younger people. Stardust vanilla pudding.
5.5
With the Bibergeil too stingy, from the O-Saft-Pulle too much
So far I haven't had a XerJoff under my nose that I'd even rudimentarily said was worth its price. And in the niche area I already see plenty of fragrances (among others Tauer, Kurkdjian...), where the price would be qualitatively justifiable somehow. So that's not it.

No, here - as is often the case with this brand - I am extremely struck by how rabidly the aroma density is fogged around. The prelude is - Meggi has bundled it nicely below - something sweet, juicy-sweet, unfortunately too saffron pregnant. I don't like this spice in perfumes and the idea of sucking it into candy form makes me even less comfortable.
Nevertheless - I like to cook a nice parmesan saffron risotto. But real saffron, which already provides more colour than aroma, is a different snack than the saffron aroma used for me in almost all corresponding perfumes, which always has something plastic and peculiar.

After all - it disappears after a good 20 minutes and you are left with the slightly vanilla orange bonscher (yes, Meggi, I know the word as an old Kieler since childhood :-) ), who is not bad per se, but for 400 Euro but also not really able to give away a lot.

Yeah, I'm looking for the beaver horny. The constellation with vanilla, mandarin etc. sounded very attractive in advance and after 45 minutes something animal-like leather appears, but rather sporadic. After all - from then on "Blue Hope" becomes somewhat more interesting and complex, albeit still on a quite northern German flatland level. Okay, I'd say so. But just now.

Kankuro
Blue is warmer than red.
XerJoff, again and again this magnificent niche label draws me in. Right from the beginning, the beautiful scents by Sergio Momo made me swoon. No wonder I once owned four of them. I will never forget my first XerJoff perfume. It was the limited edition "Verona 010". Only 101 bottles were made and every one was hand painted by a chinese artist. Every bottle was unique. I paid 300€ for a 100ml bottle, quite an expensive blind buy. But there was no other option, as samples weren't available. Luckily I loved the scent. The second XerJoff in my collection was the honey and caramel drenched Oud, Mamluk, followed by Uden and finally Mefisto. I enjoyed all of them, but only for a short time. I came to a point were I wanted to take a break from perfumes. I sold most of my collection, including the XerJoffs. Then I was gone for one year. Currently I am rebuilding my collection. My new motto: Less is more! I focus in less fragrances, which allows me to enjoy and experience them in a more intense way. As I made my way back into perfumery, I noticed several new releases, including Red Hoba, Blue Hope and 1888 by XerJoff. Of course I wanted to try them, but I took it slowly. I don't want to experience the feeling of "too much" in terms of perfumes again. Everytime a new release sparks my attention, I stop myself from immediately ordering samples. I remain patient. But amidst all my patience, a sample of Blue Hope found its way into my hands. After all this time it's XerJoff again. What can I expect?

Just seconds after spraying the fragrance on my skin, the scent of tart and lush citrus fruits emerges, studded with beautiful accents of Saffron. This almost spicy freshness makes me think of nature and calmness. After reading several reviews on the internet, saying Blue Hope is sweet and fruity, I was quite surprised by such an opening. This must be a typical case of false expectations on my part. Or is it? Rather quick, the first impressions of Blue Hope start to disappear. After merely two minutes, the first changes begin to unfold: The perfume gets richer, the citrus melts into an accord of woods, which also brings fruity and sweet notes along with it. Just a few seconds after their appeareance, they already start to take over. What is the source of these new olfactive impressions? Sure, I could take the easy road and guess that some fruits are responsible for the fruity sweetness. But in this case it's just not that easy. Blue Hope may be fruity, but doesn't smell of fruit. The same goes for the Sweetness, which gets more intense as I write these lines, but never really goes into gourmand territory. The scent as a whole seems rather milky and tasteful. Also, the saffron is still there, lending the scent a velvet like gloom. As I consulted the notes pyramid to find out which of them is responsible for the curious fruit accord, I saw the cedarwood. At this point it is important to consider that cedarwood comes from many different regions. All these varieties produce oils, but they all have a distinct smell. They range from urinous, resin, woody, smoky; to even creamy and coconut like. That's exactly it, I am sure! The slightly woody, sweet and milky scent mixed with fruitynessmit is a result of combining a certain variety of Cedarwood with Jasmine. Often Jasmine is called the single most important flower in perfumery. You can also find different kinds of Jasmine, growing in different parts of the world. They all smell have an individual smell, but they all smell without a doubt like Jasmine. And truly, as Blue Hopes heart comes to full bloom, it offers a moist and green note with exotic hints, typical for Jasmine. But let's be honest: All of that is rather hard to make out, as the perfume is blended masterfully. Not a single note acts on its own, all of them act together and create something wonderful, something new! After an hour on my skin, all thats left of the saffron is a soft hint. It played its part extremely well in the composition and continues to lend a faint, almost unnoticeable velvet spice accent. During the rise of the Vanilla, these little hints of spice are pleasant and keep the composition alive and moving. And now to my favorite part of the fragrance: The Vanilla shows its full beauty during the drydown of Blue Hope! On a side note, it's fantastic how this fragrance manages to change this dramatically three times without losing its spirit. After the dry citrus and saffron opening and the rich and creamy Jasmine and Cedarwood heart, follows the beguiling and sweet base note of Vanilla. And despite all these different phases, Blue Hope always smells like Blue Hope, staying true to itself. But now back to the wonderful drydown: The already mentioned Vanille does not overpower the heart notes completely, parts of them remain until the end of the perfume. But something rather curious happens now. The Vanilla is hiding a secret. It's a carnal secret. It may only be the faintest hint, only a whisper. But it's there, something animalic. The last fragrance that combined sweet Vanilla with animalic notes, if I remember correctly, was Musc Maori by Parfumerie Générale. Unfortunately, this one smelled rather vile to me. Blue Hope is luckily not even close to this disastrous combination, I guess it's due to a different ratio of how the notes were used. So while Musc Maori reminds me of Vanilla pudding with chocolate chip cookies and big cat anus, Blue Hope doesn't evoke any wild animals, nor is it erotic in any way. It carries the scent of life, which draws me in and keeps me protected and warm. This warmth and feeling of protection is present during the whole development of Blue Hope. It's a comfortable kind of fragrance it calms me down and envelops all my senses. A fresh oriental like no other. Chapeau, Mr. Momo! Your creative direction resulted in yet another marvelous fragrance.

What else can I say? Blue Hope is a fragrance I fell in love with. It is warm and gentle, and the way the fresh citrus transforms into something much deeper and more rich is stunning to whitness. I know that XerJoff is often critiziced for their high prices and decadent bottle design. But personally, I am willing to pay the money they ask for Blue Hope, as this fragrance is unique. XerJoff is one of the very best out there, not a single of their compositions was a disappointment. Even if I did not like a fragrance, like Dhofar or Fiero, their quality is always outstanding. Lastly I'd like to mention that Blue Hope, despite being gentle, has amazing staying power and a strong sillage.

by Infinite
by Infinite
by Labormaus
by Labormaus

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff