Casamorati - 1888 2013

Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff
Casamorati - 1888 is a popular perfume by XerJoff for men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Replica - By the Fireplace

Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
PatchouliPatchouli
AmberAmber
BirchBirch

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 16.09.2021.

VARIETY. - very underestimated fragrance
I have already heard about many Xerjoff fragrances something and also already tested some, this however was rather unknown to me so far and I have heard little of him. Too bad, because I can now say that he belongs to my greatest favorites & not only from the Xerjoff collection.... No! From my complete collection. He is something very special & that's what makes him so beautiful. It's very diverse, has many great scent components & it's hard for me to smell them out exactly. It is aromatic & I always discover new scents. The more I smell it, the more I fall in love with it. Like more? Yes! It has something green, something spicy, something floral, something warm & soft... that's exactly what I mean by variety. It all harmonizes beautifully together. I can't categorize it to any season either, it goes with each in my eyes. Just wow, nothing more to add to this. Take a chance & give it a try. :)
UWelling
Holiday in the spice shop
This spicy-floral unisex fragrance is really the hammer! Also the color in my small sample bottle is wonderfully amber!
I had immediately at the first apply the perfume the feeling to be in a spice shop me.
Somehow I immediately came vacation and spice or tea business in the sense.
Wonderfully aromatic the beginning, then a gentle but not too strong florality.
I perceive later a gentle and long-lasting woodiness.
A great fragrance that was worth testing.
Smoetn
Welcome to the club of 10!
Recently I decided to pay a little more attention to Xerjoff and Casamorati in particular and set out to test some fragrances from this house. "Naxos" and "Alexandria II" I already knew and so I tested some scents on the "V Collection" and especially Casamorati. Here I already knew "Mefisto" about which I then also came to "Silver Mountain Water" or then ultimately to "Club de Nuit Sillage".

So I went to the perfumery, after this had finally reopened after a long lockdown time, and just took me this brown bottle, which was relatively well rated here on Parfumo, even if he was not at the top of the top list. And what can I say...It has made Zoom!

I was instantly smitten and could hardly believe my luck. The scent was strong, had a great tangy note and really appealed to me. Initially, I gave the fragrance a 9 and also wrote a statement about this great fragrance; I'll come back to this later. After some time, especially after I still smelled the fragrance on my sleeve, I had to correct my rating then but again, and upwards - to a 10!

Now it is so that I give a 10er rating really relatively rare. In 136 tested fragrances I have a total of only five times awarded a 10, so on average only 3.67% of all tested fragrances. In my personal 10 club are industry greats such as "Oud Wood", "Layton", "Reflection Man" and "Epic Woman", the latter intended as a fragrance on women, less so on me, although I could imagine that happening. And now so "1888" by Casamorati / Xerjoff as the fifth in this exquisite round!

And so I now could not help but to get me a bottle, even if this is really not exactly cheap and Xerjoff basically also offers no discounts. Now he stands but in all its glory in front of me (in the 30ml version) and I can not feast enough on it. But now a few words about the fragrance, where I would like to go back to my statement mentioned at the beginning.

Fragrance

The statement read:

"A really great fragrance. Masculine, spicy and elegant. But am I the only one who smells out a clear cola note here?"

And I still stand by this statement, even if the comments on this were that neither Cola would smell out, nor the fragrance is particularly masculine. That did not want to let my olfactory ego sit on itself and so I researched a little on the Internet. First of all, Xerjoff itself classifies the fragrance as rather masculine on their website. There, for each fragrance, there is a 3-point scale with more masculine, unisex or more feminine; "1888" has its point on the far left, so on the masculine side. Also here on Parfumo, 73.6% men own the fragrance. But I will absolutely not deny that the fragrance can be worn just as well by women!

Now then to the cola note. For this I was on relevant English-language pages fündig. Here it was not said that "1888" remind of cola, but very well to "Root Beer", this non-alcoholic American drink that in German probably corresponds most closely to our malt beer. There was talk of a "fizzy" and "sparkling" note, which I then probably perceived as a cola note. In this respect, I can be corrected here gladly and correct me insofar as I now replace cola by malt beer.

This note then also remains in the entire course of the fragrance, but later then keeps a little more in the background. For this, the floral notes come through in the following, which makes the fragrance so special and noble for me. A little reminds me the fragrance here of "Mefisto" or "Silver Mountain Water", at least you can recognize a distant relationship. In the drydown, the fragrance then becomes a little creamier, due to the woods and especially the amber. By the latter "1888" then even reminds something of "Grand Soir", of course still supplemented by this cola vibe, whereby also something "Enigma" of Roja resonates.

So the fragrance remains then 8-9 hours on the skin and pleases just initially not only one, but also his fellow men in the immediate vicinity. "1888" is not a "sillage monster", but the fragrance is nice and strong and gives the wearer a great aura.

The fragrance is also basically always wearable, no matter what the occasion, no matter what the season and thus becomes a real all-rounder or "ever walker".

The bottle and the overall presentation is Xerjoff according to outstanding. I find the Casamorati flacons less kitschy than, for example, the "V-Collection". The bottle, even the small one, has a decent weight and seems very high quality workmanship. Incidentally, the brown color of the bottle is quite reminiscent of a cola or even malt beer bottle. Coincidence?

Conclusion

I probably do not have to write much here. The "10" actually says everything. For me, the fragrance is something very special and he may even become my signature fragrance. Only the price is a small Wehrmutstropfen, but for a "10" you can indulge yourself so something already times.

So who is looking for a "tangy", spicy, but at the same time floral and elegant fragrance, "1888" should at least have tried. Cheers!
Heavy fare...
The fragrance is sold as unisex but for me is the more masculine.... The scent is extremely heavy and goes in the dark direction...When spraying I immediately thought of Nejma Seven. Mega heavy, a bit booze and patchouli to the sky... A Beast Mode what everything is about, whether durability or sillage ...

The patchouli and clove play a very big role here. So far the only fragrance from the Casamorati collection I can not stand...

1888 (NKNN)
• XERJOFF CASAMORATI 1888 •

After a couple of great first experiences with Xerjoff (Nio, Naxos, More Than Words, Uden Overdose), it's time to sidestep to their Casamorati imprint as well. 1888 is the only sample I have at the moment. Yesterday, I saw 1888 appear in instafraghead's top 5 most addicitive fragrances post, so I figured it would be a good time to sample it.

1888 is clearly a strong, punchy fragrance, as reflected by the color of the fragrance itself. It's a warm spicy scent, with a peppery amber with floral or even herbal touch. My first impression was that of a cola syrup scent with a herbal or minty backdrop. After a few minutes, it becomes warmer and deeper, and the spices become stronger. It actually reminds me of a deeper, higher quality and spicier version of the L'Oreal Men Exper Barber Club products that I use on my beard. Although that's supposed to be cedar wood, but it does surprise me that 1888 doesn't list more wood notes other than sandalwood and birch. Later in the drydown is becomes a bit sweeter, which I feel like stems from the patchouli, although I read people say it's a honey-like sweetness, which I can get behind. Especially, because it also gets creamier. Very pleasant and indeed quite an addictive scent.

The longevity is amazing. I did a quick respray during the night, but 24 hours later, including a shower, it's still noticable as a skin scent •
Yharnam79
'Once we kissed under liquid skies' - A fragrant feeling of wanderlust
Intro:
Xerjoff. One of the few brands that somehow never really caught my interest before. But probably also because I never really had the opportunity to test the Xerjoff fragrances. They are simply sparsely represented in the perfumeries I know in HH. But I'll start by asking myself (now more than ever) why that is so
The smell:
warm herbaceous vs. peppery hot
flowery vs. woody
creamy vs. rough
Amber and sandalwood vs. patchouli
masculine vs. absolute unisex
italian vs. oriental
Sunset at the sea vs. dry desert sand

The fragrance abstract:
'once we kissed under liquid skies, capering in thunderous squalls
we slept naked by the pines at night
loveblind, lovedrunk
one summer long'
(kasper hate)

Outro:
Despite the impression that I have never seen so many contrasts at once, 1888 seems to me to be all of a piece. The facets fit together like the finest pieces of a puzzle. A noble "feel-good maker" that is nevertheless suitable for everyday use. 1888, where have you been so long?

MariaSMariaS 10 months ago
Openings’ like an old male perfume but dry down is amazing. Warm sweet spicy ambery. Gives me same vibes as by the fireplace but with neroli
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
Spicy, cozy. I love the note of carnation with the sweet amber, which creates an addictive sillage. In the drydown, floral, smoky, creamy.
TimVRTimVR 2 years ago
Many facets, very enjoyable, never boring.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Kinda difficult opening..very flowery and spicy (like some indian stores). When it calms down u get such an elegant refined aura. OMG

by Strehliwood
by GeorgeMaras
by GeorgeMaras
by Lacrimalus
by Lacrimalus
Not a summer perfume but the bottle cap reminds me off shells.
by MariaS
by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG
Casa-casa-casamoratiiiiii... Love this scent so much!
by MariaS
by Toreter
by Nadiiine
by Nadiiine

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Accento Overdose by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff