Coffee Break - Golden Dallah 2018

Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff
Coffee Break - Golden Dallah is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesExotic spicesExotic spices
AmberAmber
Base Notes Base NotesHazelnutHazelnut
CocoaCocoa
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Amourage, last update on 14.09.2021.

Spicebomb on steroids
Preface: this is my first review here.

Two weeks ago I wore the Golden Dallah for the first time. Just two sprays I had applied, because I have heard that this perfume is very strong. And indeed: At the beginning I was very overwhelmed and at the same time confused by the many intense spicy notes, which I could not classify all. After about an hour, I smelled out the rose and especially clearly the hazelnut. Thus, I associated this fragrance with Nutella. However, I didn't smell oud at all and coffee was hard to detect. Since I was at this time with my father in the car on the road, we got by the brute charisma relatively quickly headache :-D. Overall, the scent was to 10 hours plus perceptible and I have this even the next day a bit perceived.

This is the strongest fragrance I have smelled so far on me! Unfortunately, he is me personally too sweet and spicy / sticky and also find unfortunately no suitable situation for me to wear. For Gourmand fans, this perfume is probably paradise, because the performance and quality are really top!
Sheer desperation
It opens with an unknown to me spice notes that I tried to find out, I searched my spice cabinet in which about 45 spices stand for just this fragrance but was not found. That has annoyed me, there I began the Internet search, but unfortunately unsuccessfully, everywhere is only "exotic spices" so if someone knows the spice mixture, they find delicious, would cook with it :D
Well I had to come to terms with it and realized more and more the rose that showed me present what is first unusual in a "coffee break" fragrance, on the other hand I know it from my mother, she likes to take syrups in her coffee and there it does not matter whether hazelnut, crème brûlee or even rose. The warmth of the amber heats up the coffee well, which now also gently unfolds its own aroma. But the other scents drown out the poor coffee very much.

In the end, I came to the decision to simply analyze the leave and enjoy the scent as a nice cup of coffee, then still got out my Chemex and me a tässchen brewed, was the best thing I could do here
Coffee? Are you there?
In search of a good coffee scent, I stumbled across the Coffee Break. The name alone has made me really curious and then also from the house Xerjoff. When the sample then arrived, it was time. Sprayed and tested. My first thought: Very spicy gourmandhaft eigt not even bad, but where is the coffee note? Test strip put aside and after 1-2 hours smelled it again. With the hope that the fragrance unfolds and lives up to its name. Unfortunately in vain... The coffee note came out very lightly, but the scent was still very gourmand spicy, the exotic spices and tonka bean were very much in the foreground, accompanied by the cocoa and hazelnut. I really liked it and understood why many liked it. However, I was slightly disappointed as I was expecting a coffee scent, with the name "Coffee Break" even a concise coffee scent.
Conclusion:
The fragrance is really nice in itself, has a good durability and sillage. However, the fragrance is in my opinion very far from its name. Who expects a coffee intensive fragrance here, is unfortunately disappointed. For all those who are looking for gourmandhaftige fragrances with the certain something, will appreciate the fragrance here :)
Ischgelroi
A fragrance of superlatives with a big disadvantage
I have now worn Golden Dallah already 3x and must say right away that the scent is really perfect and really one of the best and most extraordinary perfumes is I have smelled so far / tested.

I will not say here so many words about the fragrance itself, because I find this simple, but at the same time perfectly implemented.

Golden Dallah really smells like a mocha coffee, which there is seht often in cities like Istanbul in zahlriechen small bistros. Golden Dallah has but still numerous spicy notes, which are but not clear to describe individually. A delicate framing of the whole forms a gentle note Oudnote.

The disadvantage of this masterpiece is but for me, unfortunately, that I just do not find a use for this special fragrance. In the office certainly not. In the summer also not. For normal celebrations also not, in the leisure too much of the good. Golden Dallah has such a strong sillage that it seems almost impossible for me to wear this fragrance.

It is really incredibly unfortunate that I can not find a use for this masterpiece.

Toreter
I think I would eat some hazelnuts while I take coffe break
I received the other day a couple samples of Xerjoff fragances and one of them is this interesting Golden Dallah.
Im not good at all into figuring out notes blindly but this time I wanted to try. I hit 3 sprays on my hand and let my nose speak. Oh well I couldnt tell.......something citric.....something sweet.....oh wait.....wait.....that......i can recognise......cant be......I eat it everyday......is it hazelnut?it HAS TO be hazelnut!!!!So I went fast to Parfumo's website and checked if at least my nose was neither broken nor COVID affected.......MAN!!! it´s hazelnut!!!!!!! I felt so proud....... (sic) actually it is so clear that afterall I guess a child could tell.
Anyways..... besides that hazelnut I can smell coffe but not toasted seeds or morning coffe, to me smells like coffe with milk.....you know.....cafe au leit....and sugar or something sweet. Following these notes I took a look at % of men and women owning this perfume and it is clearly more loved by men than women wich actually schocked me.
After 10-15min of wearing the fragance, I can explain why man would prefer this perfume rather than women. Frankincense says HI! together with amber. Frankincense reminds me kinda of Amouage Interlude but obviously softer.....I also can tell a clear Amber note just like in Daniel Josier Ambre Tabac.
After a while Frankincense is there, coffe, amber and hazelnut is toned down.
It is clearly a gourmand fragance with that little incense detail that would make it lean on the masculine side but I think I would also fit a woman taste.
Seems to project well and it is lasting quite a while.
Café Pleasure with the nose
Hello all ,

I could test the fragrance already in December due to a sample and immediately felt very appealing.
Now I have since yesterday a bottle of a nice member received.... Thanks again at this point.

To the fragrance of the café is present from beginning to end, initially surrounded by fruity notes that become increasingly spicy in the course of the drydown. The fragrance is in my opinion definitely for people over 30 years and I would also rather not classify it as unisex .

So if you have a gourmand fragrance in your collection, then Dallah is hot favorite at number 1 in this category.

Performance and projection are very good, especially the cafe note you smell nich 12h +

Clear recommendation from me to you parfumorista ???
Coffeebomb Extreme
Since I own the bottle of Golden Dallah, crystallized in my collection a fragrance that can push Oud Wood Intense from the coveted signature throne and will. That the two fragrances are not similar, I think I do not have to clarify here again, because they are two completely different fragrances.

First of all, I would like to talk about the presentation of Xerjoff.

Whether in the cheaper collection like "Join The Club" or the more expensive "Oud Stars" collection, of which I own the Alexandria III, Shunkoin & More than Words, an above-average quality is consistently put on the day.

The bottle comes beautifully packaged, in a detailed cardboard box that hides a box covered in dark red faux leather. If you open this, the fragrance is protected with a silk-like paper.
The flacons of the "Coffee Break" collection have a wonderfully chosen red-black color gradient, whereby the bottle becomes darker and darker towards the bottom. In addition, the golden details + the solid gold metal lid...A dream!

After the long intro now finally times to the fragrance.

As soon as one frees the fragrance from its bottle, one is almost swirled around by many different spices, whereby one can smell out at a certain distance also already something cocoa, hazelnut & coffee.

The spices themselves I can not smell out unfortunately individually and with guessing I do not really get further.
In my opinion, the fragrance does not go through a great transformation. The spices warp after about 20 minutes and Golden Dallah now shows its real self.
With the combination of a frankincense note (not at all sacral smelling incense!), the roasted coffee and the all-known Rose-Oud duo it really leaves me speechless.
The incense together with the coffee makes perhaps a little too long roasted coffee beans and thus a stunning scent. That Rose-Oud together are a strong team, I think I do not have to tell anyone.
Amber I personally do not really perceive here. Maximum very, very far in the background.
The base of hazelnut, cocoa & tonka always resonates and underlines this great composition, although I can easily perceive the tonka bean only after several hours.

There is nothing wrong with the durability of the fragrance and so Xerjoff extends my daily coffee break to just under 9 hours. The sillage should not be underestimated in this fragrance in any case and should Golden Dallah accordingly carefully dose. The first 2 hours it radiates like plutonium in my opinion. Up to the 6 hour he becomes quieter and quieter and then you can perceive him only in close proximity.

For me, this fragrance is always an experience and I do not regret a cent that I invested in this.

Thus, Oud Wood Intense must unfortunately make room for a new fragrance after just under 4 months.

Thank you for reading and if you're looking for a gourmand, uniquely enduring coffee scent, you should definitely try Golden Dallah!

Very interesting oud/cannabis/coffee/resin mix
My first try from Xerjoff’s Coffee Break collection is Golden Dallah, the member of the collection that seems to be reputed to actually contain the most coffee. I definitely fall into the camp of immediately smelling cannabis upon first spray, perhaps the effect the named Cambodian oud note, the overall blend smelling like a mix of cannabis, coffee, resins, and just a touch of cocoa. It’s a great blend that hints at being a sweet gourmand while really only being partly that, instead a coupling of the cocoa/resins and oud/cannabis aspect. And it performs very well, with strong projection from the onset and seemingly quite great longevity. To clarify, though, the coffee is present but not dominant. I would not label this a coffee-rich, let alone a coffee-dominant fragrance, at least based on how it smells on my skin.

The cannabis accord in Golden Dallah reminds me of two of Dua Fragrances’ two original blends—Cannabliss with the Mobster and Pineapple Express—with Golden Dallah landing somewhere between the dark boozy tobacco vibe of the former and fresh fruity aspect of the latter.

Golden Dallah is priced at $235 for 50ml and is sold by great boutiques like Beverly Hills Perfumery and Luckyscent as well as Saks Fifth Avenue and the Xerjoff Universe website. I obtained my sample from the Xerjoff website but both Beverly Hills Perfumery and Luckyscent sell the official spray samples in addition to full bottles.

Overall, this is a clear winner that may be a little challenging due to the sort of cannabis/oud accord, but for those that enjoy it, it might be a welcome, daring, semi-gourmand.

8 out of 10

Ptsau
Gorgeous coffee with oud and frankincense!
I never had a chance to try a sample of it even I heard many good things about it until I found a deal for Black Friday from Saks then I blind bought it. I was kinda disappointed when I first sprayed it even though I could definitely smell the quality of it because its opening smells so much like the Angels’ Share I got not too long ago except it’s missing the cognac note and something brighter in the opening. I knew Angels’ Share is new and it’s sure not a clone of AS but I’m disappointed not because of its quality or bad scent. It’s just because I always try not to get something similar.

Lucky that it smells totally different than the AS after the dry down. Its dry down is woody oriental plus incense with the coffee gives it a cozy warm feel and the rose give it a bright feel at the same time while AS is dark boozy all the way with oak in the base. I can’t quite detect the oud and cacao though. Instead, I get the creamy amber from the base, which I always love. They’re actually so different except the similar first impression.

Longevity is great. Last about 9-10 hours on my skin. Not huge projection but also not skin scent. People would definitely smell you within 1-2 feet of you.

Overall very nice scent and I love it as I always love cozy warm scents. It is a coffee base perfume with the most coffee note I can detect and I love coffee. It is very high quality and well blended as Xerjoff always has. It is definitely a 8.5/10 for me. Alexandria II is still my favorite from Xerjoff and 10/10 for me tho.
KokoLores
JeKaMi or also: the fragrance melange of a taster day in Düsseldorf
you could call it that or something like that. Of course, Düsseldorf can also be replaced with other cities that have a good selection of perfumeries. Coffee in the notes was the trigger for me to blindly buy a bottling in the souk here. Xerjoff was mostly a "best bet" for me, be it Irisss, Lira or Fars who moved in with me as FB. Coffee Break can be applied well in the so-called homeopathic dosages. The scent has a lot of bang in the opening. And the opening is my personal "Jekami". Everybody can join in and there are definitely some who do. That makes it difficult to hand out single notes. At least for me. The melange smells delicious, spicy but also a bit sweetish. I combine the sweetness with the smell of dates. It is definitely pleasing. At some point the hint of coffee, the rose comes out well, as does the out note. The scent ends slightly sweetish in the base, on my skin with a different, rather dry sweetness than at the beginning. The JeKaMi after the spraying on really reminds me of those taster days with my scent friend. At the end of the day, despite sufficient coffee breaks and an extensive lunch, we always had this mixture of the tested scents around us and of course also in our clothes and partly also in our coat pockets filled with paper strips. The scent is as colourful as the autumn leaves on the ground, warm shades of red, some yellow leaves and in between there are some green leaves. I like the scent. Great on the right autumn days. But even now when it's grey in grey: it warms.

MrLawmanMrLawman 4 months ago
The spices used aren't your typical spices. They are more astringent. Base is formed by woods (no oud) and amber. No nuts, coco or coffee.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A slightly smoky, yet oriental spicy-sweet Fall fragrance, balanced by a warm and sweet earthy-woody base. Realistic take on Arabian coffee.
Ronny1987Ronny1987 2 years ago
Reminds me Oriental Latte, that my local coffee shop serves. Spicy, sweet and dark coffee scent, delicious!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
A whirlwind of spices, with an arabic coffee, a touch of oud and hazelnut plus a base of frankincense, amber and tonka. Superb and unique.
FranknSenseFranknSense 2 years ago
Coffee, incense, oud, hazelnut and a wheel of spices blended masterfully. Very unique and powerful scent. A must try for everybody.

by Entenradio
by Eggi37
by Stere
by Stere

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff