Coffee Break - Golden Dallah 2018

Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff
Coffee Break - Golden Dallah is a popular perfume by XerJoff for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesExotic spices
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffee absolute, Rose absolute, Frankincense, Cambodian oud, Amber
Base Notes Base NotesHazelnut, Cocoa, Tonka bean

Submitted by Amourage, last update on 06.01.2021.

Coffeebomb Extreme
Since I own the bottle of Golden Dallah, crystallized in my collection a fragrance that can push Oud Wood Intense from the coveted signature throne and will. That the two fragrances are not similar, I think I do not have to clarify here again, because they are two completely different fragrances.

First of all, I would like to talk about the presentation of Xerjoff.

Whether in the cheaper collection like "Join The Club" or the more expensive "Oud Stars" collection, of which I own the Alexandria III, Shunkoin & More than Words, an above-average quality is consistently put on the day.

The bottle comes beautifully packaged, in a detailed cardboard box that hides a box covered in dark red faux leather. If you open this, the fragrance is protected with a silk-like paper.
The flacons of the "Coffee Break" collection have a wonderfully chosen red-black color gradient, whereby the bottle becomes darker and darker towards the bottom. In addition, the golden details + the solid gold metal lid...A dream!

After the long intro now finally times to the fragrance.

As soon as one frees the fragrance from its bottle, one is almost swirled around by many different spices, whereby one can smell out at a certain distance also already something cocoa, hazelnut & coffee.

The spices themselves I can not smell out unfortunately individually and with guessing I do not really get further.
In my opinion, the fragrance does not go through a great transformation. The spices warp after about 20 minutes and Golden Dallah now shows its real self.
With the combination of a frankincense note (not at all sacral smelling incense!), the roasted coffee and the all-known Rose-Oud duo it really leaves me speechless.
The incense together with the coffee makes perhaps a little too long roasted coffee beans and thus a stunning scent. That Rose-Oud together are a strong team, I think I do not have to tell anyone.
Amber I personally do not really perceive here. Maximum very, very far in the background.
The base of hazelnut, cocoa & tonka always resonates and underlines this great composition, although I can easily perceive the tonka bean only after several hours.

There is nothing wrong with the durability of the fragrance and so Xerjoff extends my daily coffee break to just under 9 hours. The sillage should not be underestimated in this fragrance in any case and should Golden Dallah accordingly carefully dose. The first 2 hours it radiates like plutonium in my opinion. Up to the 6 hour he becomes quieter and quieter and then you can perceive him only in close proximity.

For me, this fragrance is always an experience and I do not regret a cent that I invested in this.

Thus, Oud Wood Intense must unfortunately make room for a new fragrance after just under 4 months.

Thank you for reading and if you're looking for a gourmand, uniquely enduring coffee scent, you should definitely try Golden Dallah!

Very interesting oud/cannabis/coffee/resin mix
My first try from Xerjoff’s Coffee Break collection is Golden Dallah, the member of the collection that seems to be reputed to actually contain the most coffee. I definitely fall into the camp of immediately smelling cannabis upon first spray, perhaps the effect the named Cambodian oud note, the overall blend smelling like a mix of cannabis, coffee, resins, and just a touch of cocoa. It’s a great blend that hints at being a sweet gourmand while really only being partly that, instead a coupling of the cocoa/resins and oud/cannabis aspect. And it performs very well, with strong projection from the onset and seemingly quite great longevity. To clarify, though, the coffee is present but not dominant. I would not label this a coffee-rich, let alone a coffee-dominant fragrance, at least based on how it smells on my skin.

The cannabis accord in Golden Dallah reminds me of two of Dua Fragrances’ two original blends—Cannabliss with the Mobster and Pineapple Express—with Golden Dallah landing somewhere between the dark boozy tobacco vibe of the former and fresh fruity aspect of the latter.

Golden Dallah is priced at $235 for 50ml and is sold by great boutiques like Beverly Hills Perfumery and Luckyscent as well as Saks Fifth Avenue and the Xerjoff Universe website. I obtained my sample from the Xerjoff website but both Beverly Hills Perfumery and Luckyscent sell the official spray samples in addition to full bottles.

Overall, this is a clear winner that may be a little challenging due to the sort of cannabis/oud accord, but for those that enjoy it, it might be a welcome, daring, semi-gourmand.

8 out of 10

Ptsau
Gorgeous coffee with oud and frankincense!
I never had a chance to try a sample of it even I heard many good things about it until I found a deal for Black Friday from Saks then I blind bought it. I was kinda disappointed when I first sprayed it even though I could definitely smell the quality of it because its opening smells so much like the Angels’ Share I got not too long ago except it’s missing the cognac note and something brighter in the opening. I knew Angels’ Share is new and it’s sure not a clone of AS but I’m disappointed not because of its quality or bad scent. It’s just because I always try not to get something similar.

Lucky that it smells totally different than the AS after the dry down. Its dry down is woody oriental plus incense with the coffee gives it a cozy warm feel and the rose give it a bright feel at the same time while AS is dark boozy all the way with oak in the base. I can’t quite detect the oud and cacao though. Instead, I get the creamy amber from the base, which I always love. They’re actually so different except the similar first impression.

Longevity is great. Last about 9-10 hours on my skin. Not huge projection but also not skin scent. People would definitely smell you within 1-2 feet of you.

Overall very nice scent and I love it as I always love cozy warm scents. It is a coffee base perfume with the most coffee note I can detect and I love coffee. It is very high quality and well blended as Xerjoff always has. It is definitely a 8.5/10 for me. Alexandria II is still my favorite from Xerjoff and 10/10 for me tho.
KokoLores
JeKaMi or also: the fragrance melange of a taster day in Düsseldorf
you could call it that or something like that. Of course, Düsseldorf can also be replaced with other cities that have a good selection of perfumeries. Coffee in the notes was the trigger for me to blindly buy a bottling in the souk here. Xerjoff was mostly a "best bet" for me, be it Irisss, Lira or Fars who moved in with me as FB. Coffee Break can be applied well in the so-called homeopathic dosages. The scent has a lot of bang in the opening. And the opening is my personal "Jekami". Everybody can join in and there are definitely some who do. That makes it difficult to hand out single notes. At least for me. The melange smells delicious, spicy but also a bit sweetish. I combine the sweetness with the smell of dates. It is definitely pleasing. At some point the hint of coffee, the rose comes out well, as does the out note. The scent ends slightly sweetish in the base, on my skin with a different, rather dry sweetness than at the beginning. The JeKaMi after the spraying on really reminds me of those taster days with my scent friend. At the end of the day, despite sufficient coffee breaks and an extensive lunch, we always had this mixture of the tested scents around us and of course also in our clothes and partly also in our coat pockets filled with paper strips. The scent is as colourful as the autumn leaves on the ground, warm shades of red, some yellow leaves and in between there are some green leaves. I like the scent. Great on the right autumn days. But even now when it's grey in grey: it warms.
Hammer fabric from XJ
Beguiling from the first sprayer. Coffee, cocoa, spices, incense ... Lasts easily 8 hours, during which I cannot notice any development. But don't worry, the whole thing seems so harmonious that I like to sniff it into myself all day long.

The golden blend
Mesmerizing Oriental spicy centered around a beautiful Arabian coffee accord. The perfume opens with a finely tuned exotic spice accord where as I sense Cardamon, nutmeg and cinnamon notes, uplifting and lively. Taking hold of you just before moving to a balsamic ambery heart accentuated with amber, Oud and incense. The perfume settles on a nutty sweet sensual base of Tonka, cocoa and hazelnut creating and alluring scent profile . Masculine leaning with moderate sillage and projection and very good longevity. Absolutely superb like many in the Xerjoff line of Oriental perfumery with very high quality ingredients.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
A slightly smoky, yet oriental spicy-sweet Fall fragrance, balanced by a warm and sweet earthy-woody base. Realistic take on Arabian coffee.
Ronny1987Ronny1987 1 year ago
Reminds me Oriental Latte, that my local coffee shop serves. Spicy, sweet and dark coffee scent, delicious!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
A whirlwind of spices, with an arabic coffee, a touch of oud and hazelnut plus a base of frankincense, amber and tonka. Superb and unique.
FranknSenseFranknSense 1 year ago
Coffee, incense, oud, hazelnut and a wheel of spices blended masterfully. Very unique and powerful scent. A must try for everybody.

by Entenradio
by Fedaie
by Eggi37
by Eggi37

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff