Erba Pura 2013

Erba Pura by XerJoff
Erba Pura is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is fruity-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot
Sicilian orangeSicilian orange
Sicilian lemonSicilian lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFruity notesFruity notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.10.2021.

The scent was integrated into the Xerjoff collection "V" in 2019.

Giggs1980
Fruits for the Tsar..............?
Already after the first spray you realize what awaits you. A fruit bomb par excellence. At the same time, the mango polarizes immensely.
Since I'm not such a mango fan, I realize very early that this is not my fragrance.
The mango always reminds me of overripe fruit on which already the mosquitoes lurk around. Nevertheless, the fragrance is very nice. He seems noble and not provocative. The mango polarizes from the beginning to the end. The citrus nuances, come only later to the surface.
Nevertheless, the fragrance remains extremely sweet what does not fit so to me. I lack in this fragrance the freshness which makes this fruit bomb for me bearable and portable. In my opinion, this fragrance is rather something for the ladies, since he has virtually no male touch. Also, in the course of the fragrance, no masculine note appears in my opinion. The durability and sillage is above average as one knows it with Xerjoff fragrances.
I can recommend the fragrance to all mango fans and fruit lovers only warmly. For me, he is too feminine but that does not mean that it is a bad fragrance
Xerjoff for the ladies you have done everything right.
For me, unfortunately, not
It's a pity...
If one deals with Xerjoff, one comes across Erba Pura again and again. I have first tested other fragrances of Xerjoff (Naxos, Opera etc.).
Now I am but also finally come to Erba Pura.

First of all, the positive: Sillage and especially shelf life is above average and really great!

About the scent: I can not say it differently but I always smell a bubble gum out. Chewing gum with powdery slightly soft, fruity touch. Of course, the whole thing is always a matter of taste but I'm used to Xerjoff other. Yes the scent is something special, but for me personally unfortunately not very good. One must also always keep the price in mind and if you're honest, the fragrance could also cost 20 euros per bottle.

Am still very convinced of the brand Xerjoff, of Erba Pura but unfortunately not so really.
Rich russian with sunglasses and optional jogging suit
This XerJoff was the first from the house I have smelled.
And I fell a little in love. Okay let's say I have a crush, to speak of love is too early at this point.

I honestly have absolutely no idea exactly why this scent did it to me. He smells EXTREMELY intense. It actually smells rather unexciting, but INTENSIVELY unexciting. It smells synthetic and goes through the nose directly into the brain. And there's suddenly nothing else but that scent.

If I had to personify him, he would be male between 29 and 34, he lives in Moscow and wears sunglasses.
From which house the sunglasses are, you can not see from the front. But it doesn't matter because he only wants you to see that they were expensive.
He wears a jogging suit from Prada in black and sits in some sinfully expensive hotel in Moscow at breakfast right in your field of vision. He's had a coffee brought in and is now eating some toast with Jamón Ibérico ham.
You don't think much of him as you drink your Gyokuro green tea and have your yogurt with granola, honey, and assorted berries in front of you.

You're about to take a sip of the tea when your eyes fall straight back on him. That's when he pulls off his sunglasses and his gaze hits you square in the pit of your stomach. He smiles at you and you don't even know what's happening to you right now. He's actually absolutely not what normally appeals to you, he looks unexciting.
But INTENSIVELY unexciting
The first strike
The Erba was the first Xerjoff that moved in with me. Before I was allowed to test some other fragrances of the house, this has it me but this spring. With friends sat together, tested new bottlings and bang, a few days later he stood with me.

It opens as a super tasty, fruity, tangy cocktail that is very pleasant and not too flashy. Over time, the sweet vanilla musk combo unfolds in the dry down. A fragrance with which does not offend, but elegantly darts through the day, because it is very positively perceived by people in the environment. The durability and sillage are unparalleled. When I spray it on in the morning, I still notice it on myself in the evening. The bottle is a real eye-catcher and looks even more beautiful and powerful in person. A perfume which is Xerjoff like unisex.

You are a summer refresher at the top level as one is accustomed to from Xerjoff

The Road to Xerjoff
Since I moved to the West in 2006 I used my favourite—expensive—perfume religiously for many years. Then I started to get skin irritations on my nose, so I looked for alternatives—without any success. About a decade ago in Vienna I was given a promotional leaflet in the street. The scent was very attractive, so I visited the shop which happened to be owned by a lady from my home country. However, the perfume turned out to be more expensive than my than current one. What to do? I rubbed the leaflet over my body. It was totally different from my previous perfume but not being a perfumer, I really can't describe the smell, only how it made me feel. My impression was: That's the one. Love at first sight. Bull's eye—Erba Pura. I bought my first bottle and returned to my very conservative perfume shy Swiss environs. But to this day I wear it and proudly stand out from the crowd. People often make sweet and surprisingly positive comments. I am a private tutor and my students inevitably fall in love with it saying that when they smell Erba, they feel more confident about coming exams ))) No point to repeat that it can last up to three days, everyone knows Xerjoff`s famous projection. Since Erba is not readily available, someone even travelled from the other side of Switzerland to me to smell the fragrance. He was so overwhelmed that he could not wait for an on-line delivery, so I gave him a decant—win/win—we both could continue experiencing the delight. Erba Pura was my signature perfume up to 2019 when I visited the Xerjoff store in Turin—which broadened my olfactory horizons—but that is a story for another day.
The Empire
Sunset. A straight wide street, paved with large smooth stones. Built by those master builders who have so shaped the landscape of the south. Cypress trees stand at even intervals at the edge of the road. Around it only lush green meadows.
Grass and cypresses blowing in the wind.
Further along the road, passing lemon trees. Sunny yellow fruits brought to ripeness by the power of the Tuscan sun.
The procession continues along the road. Magnificent stone buildings loom on the horizon. Inhabited by patricians. The outskirts of a small town. Only these neighborhoods lie on the annual route. The beautiful sides of the empire.
Children and adults stand well dressed on the roadside waving and lining the street with flowers.

- A benevolent wave of the hand.

Every year this entourage is expected by the citizens here. Once only to catch a glimpse. Once only to see the exalted, the emperor.
From Amalfi, Neapolis, Pompeii, Parma to Sicily this annual inspection of the Emperor extended. He wanted to see and enjoy the beautiful sides of his empire over and over again. Passing cities, breathtakingly beautiful landscapes, buildings like aqueducts, theatres and arenas. It was not enough for him to know what he ruled over. He wanted to see, feel and smell it with his own eyes.

The Emperor's entourage had almost reached the end again after a long journey. At the emperor's headquarters. Rome.
He could already make out the high city walls on the horizon.

-Intermissio-

The posse came to an abrupt halt.
A turquoise green velvet robe with a golden crown on its head rose. Immediately enveloped in a fragrance of fresh fruit, vanilla and wood.
Looking back into the distance, the landscape in the sunset. Longing. Melancholy.

-Finis-
Fruity sweet tooth
A fruity sweet, full-bodied dessert - that's Erba Pura for me. My fear was that it would be too scratchy and smoky for me, as I have already heard and read comparisons to Dahab Kajal. This is not the case at all in my opinion. Erba Pura comes across as slightly smoky in the first 5-6 seconds, but up close you perceive a wonderful, delicious mango lassi. Once it dries down it is joined by a creamy, soft vanilla. This makes it a delicious fruit, mango (cream) cream for me. The H/S is great, even after more than 8 hrs I notice Erba Pura on me - without it getting on my nerves. Who has a desire for a few decent calories, without having to have a guilty conscience, is exactly right here ;)
fruity-sweet cocktail
The opening is very fruity and invigorating. The drydown rather sweet. For younger fragrance lovers to recommend and absolutely unisex. H/S absolutely above average and the bottle is a dream. The price is absolutely justified!

Big disappointment?
I am surprised to see when I enter here that the duration and the projection are so outstanding, in levels of recognized and unquestionable niche hits in that aspect of the performance.
I would say... no way.
I write this in June 2021 and my experience is a "worthy" projection within an hour when applying GENEROUSLY, I am talking about putting 9 sprays of perfume sample on the neck and 3 on the hands, come on, half of the sample (official by Xerjoff) for only one use. Literally.
Regarding the smell, I liked it.
I read notes and it does not seem like a "citrus" fragrance either, it will have citrus ... but nothing in the lemony, bergamot orange or mandarin sense that I could have smelled as such.
I find it fruity with a touch more tropical than Mediterranean citrus, the acidity point not noted, rather sweet in that case.
And musk carries importantly for sure.
Summer, by day, easy for all audiences.
Sweet but not cloying: a summery sweet, not "fresh" either.

For me a disappointment. A smell that could be from a common store, "designer" market and performance in that line or even very much inferior to many of that market.
The first Xerjoff
I had to make the decision between Erba Pura and Accento. Initially, I thought in the old dynamic manner, buy the more expensive is better.

I have taken my time both compared again and then it was clear to me I take the here.
Erba Pura it has become. It is like a fruit bomb / vanilla / sweetness simply wonderful. Wonderful fragrance that I like extremely and I also get many compliments for it.

I would buy the fragrance again and again.

Durability from early morning to evening and silliage is great.

My first comment in this forum

Mozart1756Mozart1756 7 months ago
Ultimate mixed fruit bomb with bourbon vanilla and amber. Feminine side. Extreme longevity and sillage. Beast mode. Mixed fruit gum smell.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
The opening is nuclear, fruity and sweet, cloying and overwhelming. After 2 hours, although linear, it becomes bearable but still synthetic.
MariaSMariaS 11 months ago
I close my eyes I spray it and for a moment I fell like I am in holidays in Hawaii. That's how amazing it smells!
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Not complex but very potent! Opens up with peach and mango and ends with some musk. Mouthwatering! You'll be noticed a mile away!!!

by Sweetsmell75
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by MelOn
by MelOn
gleißend strahlendes sonnenlicht blended dich bereits wärmend direkt nach dem erwachen. du stapfst schlaftrunken in den neapolitanischen hinterhofgarten - ZACK: schlagartig wirst du von den kräftig fruchtigen aromen erfrischt!
by Felsn
by Carlossp
by Wodgod
by Wodgod

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff