Casamorati - Gran Ballo 2013

Casamorati - Gran Ballo by XerJoff
Casamorati - Gran Ballo is a perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesWild berriesWild berries
Mandarin orange zestMandarin orange zest
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardeniaGardenia
Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac
HoneysuckleHoneysuckle
Base Notes Base NotesCaramelCaramel
VanillaVanilla
SandalwoodSandalwood
AmberAmber

Submitted by Infinite, last update on 21.10.2021.

My debutante ball
This comment reflects only my impression, it has already been written anyway all sorts.
Here I summarize it times as a newcomer: All of them are right!
Too flowery, too penetrating, too crass - too flat, too trivial - floral - pungent - too little sweetness , too much sweetness.
With my previous fragrance samples of this brand, I have experienced the same.
The fragrance pyramid is just not there on my skin, he remains too pale, he takes a strange turn into an unpleasant olfactory range.
So there remains only the personal testing.
In this fragrance even under more stringent conditions. Because floral fragrances, which are also still identified with "fruity", I avoid for years.
But in this community it's all about the horizon expansion.
There are samples, I make the lid off , sniff briefly and plug again, at best a second chance on a test strip.
Since this one month, in which I am involved here, I have tested many samples.
It's simple. It's a mixture of everything. The hype around the brand (I'm not completely immune to that) The reference to quality, I agree.

To the prelude I'm inclined to say, that can go away, that is yet again only floral bouquet, who knows what is still waiting for you there in the decay, not again stale floral water, hairspray.....
No, he is getting better , the fruity I can also suffer well on me.
I like it. The bottle will stay. I have found a floral scent for me.
Which works pleasantly on my skin over the whole course.
A finely woven blend of florals, sweetness and amber base.

The longer I write here and sniff my wrist, the more imagery creeps in.
Conclusion
The first step has been taken. And should there be more wearable floral fragrances, for which I can inspire me, and which are not so expensive, then I'm happy to join :-)
Donnerminze
Gran Ballo in the castle garden
I was a bit deterred by the bottle, which is quite pink. However, I found the name "Gran Ballo" so interesting that I had to test the perfume. Already at the first spray I was blown away. I find the scent very floral, but in an unsweet way. What I also really like is that the scent is not overbearing and the sillage doesn't slay you. For me it is the perfect companion for a summer evening. A garden party on a starry night... the wind blowing a hint of florals over every now and then.... The Gran Ballo in a castle garden.
Since I've read that the fragrance is supposed to be very similar to Viva la Juicy, I'll definitely compare that soon. However, I find this bottle still a bit less beautiful.... Then rather pink!
5.5
Other than expected
I would have expected something completely different because of the many reviews that report about a sweet very "girlish" scent.
I guess the scent is different on my skin...

Immediately after spraying I smell only white flowers, very noble and super beautiful a little bit dusty flowers. Tangerine skin I do not smell at all..First of all a very positive surprise. Unfortunately, after 20 minutes these notes are joined by something pungent, something where I immediately think of a men's aftershave or eau de toilette for men. Which note this is I unfortunately do not know. By the way, the same pungent note is in Francis Kurkdjian's " Gentle Fluidity Silver, which I find terrible...This note tickles my nose and is not easily masculine and very penetrating for me.

Unfortunately I do not smell any caramel and no vanilla at all in the base, which according to the fragrance pyramid should be in this fragrance.

That's why the scent is not for me. It's too pungent and not sweet enough.
Pure disappointment...
Nothing complicated, sounds very girlish and simple. Reminds me a lot of Pink Bouquet Moschino. The pompous bottle, the scents and also noble perfume name made me very curious. I expected something lively and expressive. Unfortunately a disappointment..

A Sweet Shade of Pink
The latest release of Casamorati focuses on “the tradition of GRAN BALLO or Debs’ Ball, was born in 1700 when in the noble palaces of the period, in a shining of lights, mirrors and golden stuccoes, young aristocratic girls had the opportunity of finding their own “Prince Charming”. It was clear that I was expecting a romantic floral perfume for young innocent girls, a perfume that should make me dream. How is in fact Gran Ballo? The pink bottle warns you right from the start – this is Barbie Girl’s perfume for her first prom.

Gran Ballo begins with a fruity caramel vanilla dance then floral notes join the quadrille having the same overdosed caramel vanilla partner and all the party ends on an amber base drenched in the same caramel vanilla sauce. It is a very sweet perfume highly recommended for those having a “sweet tooth”, those that do not enjoy sweet gourmand perfumes please stay away. Good longevity on skin with average silage.

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Discreet, flowery-caramelly (but only gently sweetened) with a fruity accord and a slight freshness that "rejuvenates" the scent.

by Pralinchen
by Sallytopia
by TheNicheOne
by TheNicheOne

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff