Irisss 2007

Irisss by XerJoff
Irisss is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still available to purchase.

Jacques Flori

MuskMusk
VetiverVetiver
FrankincenseFrankincense
CedarCedar

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 29.09.2021.

Xerjoff number 3
My fragrance journey through the world of Xerjoff scents is now officially underway with this review. I have previously tested the Mamluk and Alexandria II, however, the two are me in the search of an Oud Wood successor get under the nose.

So why not start with this fragrance, which could acquire many laurels, many find the fragrance incredibly great and it also fits me from the notes. However, I'm already fallen with the Alexandria II with it on the nose, because here came out unexpectedly a note from the fragrance pyramid, which has spoiled me the otherwise very good fragrance something. Often enough, I've mentioned that my nose is very sensitive to rose notes and closes quickly when the intensity of the rose becomes too much. Even with perfumes that contain minimal rose but don't do a good job of concealing it, I notice this and thus the scent is usually unwearable for me. I could not imagine why just this Irisss now exactly this note should work out so strongly (for my nose).

Irisss is described by most as a cool, dry and very elegant fragrance. Since I had to do so far mainly in the designer area with iris notes or these were allowed to sniff there, it was clear to me, this fragrance is interesting. Because almost every fragrance tested so far with a good portion of iris has appealed to me in some way and was found to be at least good. Whether it was Prada L'Homme or Valentino Uomo Intense. Even with some niche fragrances, the iris always came across as pleasant.
It's true as it's always said. This Xerjoff settles on the note as the main ingredient and is simply dry as dust due to the high concentration. The more times a gush of scent from my arm got into my nose, the more I felt like I had to drink something first because my mouth was getting dry. You could put out a fire with this dryness. Maybe someday there will be powder extinguishers from Xerjoff. With this dryness comes another quality that is rarely found in designer iris scents, it is extremely unsweet. In the designer range, iris is embedded in such a way that it either comes across as sweet or creamy. Here it is not the case, which is why the association of a cooling effect is reinforced. Sniffing does the whole thing then after very luxurious face powder, a big pot full in which one makes snow angels.

After a few minutes, I noticed the rumble of thunder slowly approaching me. My nemesis and final boss. Before I could scream "Oh holy rose" this one was already up my nose and with that I was completely out. In this case, it's not the rose alone, but the complete mixture that did me in. I would guess the rose is further enhanced by other floral notes, because it smelled different than other rose scents that have knocked me out before. But it became clear to me, the dryness of the iris, which is already very fierce in the nose combined with the rose, which has laid extremely quickly on my tongue will make me neither happy, nor let me sleep peacefully.

Who also wants to test a real sillage monster, which should organize a sample of this fragrance. One spray of this fragrance and an entire room was filled smelling nothing but irisss. No matter where I held my arm or no matter how far away from me, I could always detect the scent. About the durability, I can unfortunately not make any statements, because I have not held out the fragrance so long to exhaust the maximum.

For others, the fragrance may be really excellent, just the people who like extreme powderiness and elegance. Who like me has an aversion to rose, should rather look for other fragrances, because Irisss was in my nose the absolute rose overkill. Qualitatively, you can not say anything, because he gives what he promises and sniffs in its entirety extremely valuable and noble.
Ischgelroi
Perfect for all those who find Apollonia too sweet, flowery or harmless
I had until recently Apollonia in my collection, but somehow Apollonia never came to use, just 2x sprayer to test. Unfortunately, Apollonia was me in the long run just too dear, or too clean, if this can be said so. Apollonia is an incredibly beautiful fragrance, but unfortunately I always missed something, even if Apollonia has received a very good rating from me.

Irisss contains the same iris note as Apollonia, which I like again very much. The big advantage Irisss but begins directly after the aufprühen already play out. The clove, incense, cedar, rose, bergamot, benzoin and carrot give Irisss a much more lush scent combined with a complex incorporation of the iris theme. This incorporation is what makes Irisss so interesting to me. Here you don't get a clean scent in front of your nose but something with staying power and a very distinctive scent progression. Unfortunately, Apollonia lacks this. Compared to Irisss, Apollonia really aims to be pure and at the same time only focus on the iris and emphasize the delicate. Apollonia is more of a scent veil.

I think Irisss is also more unisex than Apollonia. Ultimately though, buying it is a matter of personal preference, or what is wanted. For me, Irisss is the better fragrance because I want something more distinctive and my focus is not necessarily on the pure iris note. Xerjoff has proven with Apollonia and Irisss how different two fragrances can be created around a main note.
Connie
It doesn't get much more noble than that.
Iriss is a fragrance that I, as a great Iris lover and fanatical fan of Xerjoff, have wanted to test for a long time. Today I finally got my first sample of Xerjoff Iriss..

What do you expect from a fragrance that costs about 440 Euro for 50Ml? In any case, a fragrance that is so well dazzled that you are catapulted into the sky, an extremely good durability and a great Sillage...

I'll start with the scent. Right after spraying the scent is very dusty but in a super noble way. Literally breathtaking. Bergamot and Iris join in an incredibly beautiful combination with something subtly earthy, must be the carrots... Really heavenly and unmistakable... The fragrance remains very dusty in the top notes but heavenly and unique. After about 45 minutes the fragrance becomes much softer and almost creamy. The beautiful violets come through slowly, otherwise the scent remains the same. The fragrance now smells like a super exclusive cream. The scent remains the same, so you shouldn't expect a multi-faceted scent. The difference between head and heart note is on my skin only the change from dusty dry to soft and creamy... After a while and when the fragrance changes almost in the base note, a light and very nice soft smoke note appears without changing the fragrance greatly...

The durability is unfortunately not so great on my skin at least not. After 2 hours the scent is only very close to the skin and can be smelled with good will... The Sillage is mediocre in the first hours, after that you have to add more. Unfortunately, this gives a good deduction in the B grade for a fragrance for 440 Euro. . H+S is unfortunately not what I had imagined for the price... Therefore I will not buy this beautiful fragrance, which is however very good for my bank account.

The fragrance for me is 100% feminine although it is sold as unisex. The fragrance is in my opinion only for women over 35. Serious and super noble... It is absolutely no sexy, flirty, girly or party scent

Glitteralex
Golum would drop the ring for thisss....
I am a huge fan of Orris. However, it often wears too cool or flat for me in a soliflore composition. Therefore, I rarely wear it alone, or have to find it in blended perfumes (Misia is a current favorite). In blends, I sniff endlessly in search of the Orris, never satisfied that I am getting enough.

Irisss is the exception. Orris is right there, the entire time. This is not so much a "perfume", but a performance, a perfect interpretation of Orris. While Oriss is by far the predominant note, and this perfume has the "feel" of a soliflore, it most certainly is not. Xerjoff has meticulously selected supporting notes, used in homeopathic quantities. In minute amounts, Jasmine and Rose add a palatable sweetness, Violet supports the powder, and Carrot Seed gives lift. Vetiver enhances the earthy quality of the Orris, and Musk adds a skin feel that Orris lacks on its own. I can't even detect the other stated notes. Doesn't matter, they are behind the scenes doing what they should- supporting the undeniable and perfect star of this show: Orris.

Yes, the price is absurd, but perfection doesn't come cheap

Magical
You can barely catch a glimpse of her through the imposing cedar trees that cast long shadows over the forest. If you look closely, you'll see her silver hair, like smoke undulating in the breeze, then her thin silhouette, like witch of the forest. She is on her kneels, picking iris flower. She keeps the bouquet in her arms, and her movements became frantic as the bouquet is taking shape. Among clods of soil, there can be seen the roots of the iris flowers, but just for a second, than she buries them quickly with her small hands, as she looks back over her shoulder looking worried. The movement makes her hair flow like a river over the petals. I look at her. She is unbelievably beautiful and she impregnates even the air around with her tenderness. She rose up. The bouquet's weight draws ghostly shapes on her dress. She starts to run but suddently she looked back and I saw her lips move rhythmically. Irisss, Irisss ... she whispers and loses her trace in the majestic forest.

ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
Perfect iris: buttery, sweet, tart, creamy, rich. Unaffordable. Holy Grail of iris perfumes.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Soft, slightly powdery iris which appears deep mainly through vetiver, cedar and musk. Distinct carrot note makes the scent invigorating.

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by Dandrobe
by Dandrobe
by GewoonBB
by GewoonBB

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff