Casamorati - Italica 2016

Casamorati - Italica by XerJoff
Casamorati - Italica is a perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMilkMilk
AlmondAlmond
SaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanillaVanilla
ToffeeToffee
Base Notes Base NotesCedarCedar
SandalwoodSandalwood
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 22.10.2021.

Perfumebee
Too opulent for my blood sugar level
You caught my eye because of your almond. You came in a very opulent vanilla pudding costume with a thick layer of caramel. You left behind diabetes.

Sometime after two sugar shocks, the almond sheepishly said, "Hello." But always well-behaved behind the vanilla costume. Unfortunately, my circulation can't take it. Sorry, I tried. You may move on.

Basilisk2803
I so wanted this relationship to work-out
So excited, thinking everything made by my one and only Xerjoff must be a 200% masterpiece. Safe buy, I thought even it was going to be a blind buy. Here you are. I tried my best. I swear. I wanted to fall in love, or at the very least, just to like it. Nope, not with this one. Didn't like it on my wrist, nor on my hair, nor on my clothes, but I wanted to keep it—for the sake of the gorgeous bottle and outstanding, eco-friendly box... I pushed myself so hard to tame it... Then one day I reentered a room, where I had spent an hour giving a private lesson, when a strong energy drink smell assaulted my brain and my nose... My student, a teenager, denied having such a drink. She thought that I had one...
It was embarrassing realisation that I smelt like a youngster who brings herself to a point of addictively consuming energy drinks. Sorry guys, apologies to all Italika`s lovers and fans.. No-go for me. PASS. Is it my "special" skin? Or is it my idiosyncratic nose that informs my brain of a sickening smell? Xerjoff, it's not you. You did nothing wrong. It's me!
2.5

Stinkypenny
Eww. Unpleasant at best, nausea inducing at worst.
I can appreciate this fragrance, but on my skin it is very very laconic thanks to the milk... and I don't like it. It smells like something curdling. The milk lasts for a very long time for a top note, but it doesn't travel far from the skin... which I am thankful for. Instead, I smell a buttery caramel reminiscent of a werthers original. I do not get any almond but I do get saffron. The almond becomes more apparent the closer my face gets to my arm. I do not understand the mass appeal of this fragrance but do admire the creaminess of the milk note... they can easily become very sharp on the skin. There are much better gourmands from Xerjoff, namely Lira, Dolce Amalfi, Dama Bianca, and Golden Moka from the Coffee Break collection. I will not be buying this, upset that I still have 9.5ml of a decant to get through.

Also for the price of a full bottle, or even the 30ml, the silage is poor after 1-1.5hrs of wear. I would expect more for a fragrance of this price.
He's not that cute..
I received my bottling from Italica this morning. It was really an anxiety test. It was written a lot of negative about Italica: unwearable etc.. I was really prepared for anything in this test, especially as a man Italica wear, can that go well?

Yes it can go well, the fear was entirely misplaced. Italica is not a monster that needs to be locked in a cave.

What awaits one in Italica: A beautiful gourmand with a special sweetness: Here comes especially almond and milk combined with sugar to use. After about 3-4 hours, Italica transforms. More of the almond note comes through and woody notes with a musky note. I really can't relate to the scent being too sweet for some. A Kirké, Lira, One Million, Layton, etc. Are just as sweet. There are some perfumes for women which are even sweeter. So I can't understand the panic at this point at all. Of course Italica is not for everyone what but a reason to banish the fragrance preferably in a cave I do not see.

Also for men Italica goes. My recommendation is: Be brave and test Italica. The fragrance does not bite.

The durability is Xerjoff typical also very good. I can perceive the fragrance now already a little over 12 hours and I think there is still what. The Silage is only the first 3-4 hours stronger then Italica is quieter and is well perceivable at a distance of an arm's length.
Connie
Unbearable. Sometimes a lot is just too much...
Italica is just too much even for me as a big fan of super sweet gourmands and big fan of Xerjoff. Way too much... For me, just unwearable.. I wanted to try this fragrance for so long. I almost bought this one blind, because no gourmand could be too sweet for me, until now....

I always think about where and on what occasion I could wear a fragrance when I test a fragrance.... With Italica is not even my otherwise very good imagination so far that I can imagine only one occasion for this fragrance. Maybe if I had to participate in a confectionery championship, where it would be about marzipan cakes...? I really don't know. In no case when I go out to eat or generally go away and suitable for everyday use is the fragrance also not...

The scent is probably the sweetest thing I've ever smelled... It is not a pleasant sweetness, but such an extreme sweetness that I get within 10 minutes in the truest sense of the word nausea... That is already a statement, because I usually almost in very sweet Gourmands regelrecht Bade...

If you imagine a big lump of lukewarm marzipan with warm milk and toffifees on top, you pretty much know what Italica smells like.... It has nothing to do with a perfume in my opinion, sorry Xerjoff. Every now and then even a fragrance from a niche house can be so off-beat and unique that it becomes unwearable. I'll never say again that a fragrance can't be too sweet for me..
Smoetn
My thanks to the community
XerJoff - a name in the world of fragrances, which stands for exclusivity and extravagance like no other. This begins with the fact that XerJoff fragrances are sold only at selected retailers, both online and in the presence world, and virtually without exception without discounts.

Casamorati fragrances thereby reflect Xerjoff's collection of vintage perfumes, inspired by the ancient art of Italian perfumery. In 1888, Claudio Casamorati founded the C. Casamorati perfume factory in Bologna. During these years of production, Casamorati received numerous awards and valuable rewards from major national and international exhibitions. Around the middle of the 20th century, Casamorati had to close the factory due to a financial crisis and so XerJoff came on the scene. Sergio Momo, founder of Xerjoff, decided to bring Casamorati back to the glory days of the early century and unceremoniously took over Casamorati.

Such a background, very well wonderfully marketed, naturally arouses desire. Since the lottery here on Parfumo to "Italica" came just right. And, after I had never really won my life something of importance, I was allowed to count myself all at once among the lucky winners. Now "Italica" finally arrived with me and I would like to share my impressions with you (not only in writing). But first to the fragrance.

Fragrance
There are probably very few fragrances, which polarize similar to "Italica". On the Internet, it goes there from sky-high jubilant ("Gourmand his father. Exceptionally good") to food poisoning-like expressions ("I got sick", "triggers nausea with me").

Interesting here is that "Italica" was probably re-released as a "re-release" again, since he was apparently discontinued in the meantime. So he is also led on some Internet sites as "Italica 2021". Whether the fragrance was reformulated thereby, will probably remain a secret forever.

To take it right away - for me "Italica" is a beautiful fragrance, although no masterpiece. However, I can also understand why he seems to trigger a nausea in some. The fragrance is indeed on the borderline of oversweetness with an intense deep almond/marzipan note. For me, this tightrope walk is quite skillful and does not tip over in the process, but if you are a little oversensitized here, it can probably come to a nausea inducing association.

At the same time, I agree with all the comments that associate "Italica" with Italian pastries. Add to that a cappuccino or straight up amaretto and the Italy induced association in the mind is perfect. So seen the name fits naturally like the tomato sauce to the Spaghetti.

Overall, the fragrance also goes through only a minimal transformation and that only in the drydown. Then namely the sweet marzipan note is pushed a little more into the background and woods and musk make themselves wide. This does the fragrance quite well, as it takes away some of that pungent deep marzipan note. Saffron also contributes to the overall picture, although quite subdued, which suits me very well, because I do not like too strong saffron notes (too medicinal).

So the fragrance remains then also good and happy 8 hours on the skin and radiates quite neatly. For me, the fragrance is also unisex, he has but besides the sweetness also quite a deep, perhaps even tart marzipan note, which gives the fragrance even something dark or even oriental. Thus, he is of course mainly in autumn and winter to wear, but in times of Corona and home office, gladly also in midsummer alone in front of the computer.

The bottle is XerJoff according to all doubts and deserves the highest praise. By this dark magenta he is for me the most beautiful bottle of the already very beautiful Casamorati Flakonreihe.

So for whom is this fragrance now suitable? First and foremost, of course, for gourmand lovers. However, the fragrance is also to be enjoyed with caution. Who would like to play it safe and find in the XerJoff universe, should perhaps rather reach for "Lira" or try "Naxos", if it should be a little more noble. Nevertheless "Italica" has its right to exist, in my opinion it is artistically more valuable and therefore more interesting. For the masses probably rather nothing, but they reach anyway rather rarely to XerJoff. So if you like it a little more extravagant and are into gourmand fragrances, you should definitely give "Italica" a try. Speaking of...

I would like to express my gratitude to this great community and give away some of my luck. Therefore, I give away 5x5ml to the first five commenters on this review . Only the shipping of 3,50€ (I currently do not live in Germany) should please be taken over. The glass bottle I then take over again.
So feel free to comment on my review and let me know if you are interested in a bottling (the first 5 can then count themselves among the lucky ones). Of course you can also say your opinion about the content of my comment :)
Bella Italia
First of all, I would like to say thank you for even letting me wear this fragrance. JohnnyLaw generously raffled off some of his winnings and I was one of the lucky winners!
As soon as I read the scent notes, I kind of knew that this scent would be wonderful for me. Fragrances with milk accords somehow always draw me in.

As soon as I sprayed the scent, I was sitting in the piazza in Italy drinking my caffè. First I eat my amaretti and then I dip another catuccini into my cappuccino. In that order, my scent perception. As it progresses, it smells a bit oriental in the heart notes, but I can't explain where that comes from. In the base, a pleasant woody note comes along and makes it wonderfully soft on my skin. Of course, it also nestles beautifully by the included musk.
A really perfect with my skin harmonizing Gourmand. I run the water together when sniffing in the mouth.

For all those who have written that they find it good, but do not know how they should wear it: I immediately have several layering options in mind.
One option would be a nice deep rose scent. The other would be another woody note such as oud with dazu layern.
Maybe also something nice tangy with a citrus note.

I hope I have you a few good suggestions can give and you give him another chance to conquer your heart.
For me, he is a clear desire candidate
+ Flacon = Hui & - Fragrance = Pfui
+ Flacon = Hui
- Scent = Yuck

The was so highly praised in the sky that I thought to myself, there is nowhere to get, it must really have it in itself. The eBay prices have spoken a language for themselves. When I saw that it was available at Xerjoff again, I thought to myself, I'll order it blind now. When it arrived, I unpacked it all with glee and sprayed a careful spritz on my wrist, let a few seconds pass before smelling it and thinking oh no, what have you ordered? a repulsive and pungent sweetness full of milk, almond, vanilla, toffee and saffron that is just so potent and penetrating at the same time that literally made me sick and still does every time I smell it. I gave it to my mother, girlfriend and some family members to smell and really NO ONE could and wanted to smell the a second time. I can't for the life of me understand how all the people I've sold a bottling to can praise it so highly like it's paradise on earth but also many other comments. I don't get it and don't understand it. All the family members I've given this to smell have almost c*cked. Apparently it's different here at Parfumo. Therefore, I have this fragrance unfortunately had to sell with a heavy heart, although it has such a beautiful bottle and packaging
European trip
This Italica purchase is worth a comment. My first: I'm kind of virgin in the relationship. From a sharing I knew: I must have the scent. So the Google machine started up and Harvey Nichols found what he was looking for. Well, only Harvey doesn't send Italica to Germany. A dear Parfuma gave me a contact to England. Unfortunately the parcel, shipped with DPD, was not delivered here in Germany, but sent back. He flew away my scent. The English contact was quite shocked, even because of the value, and sent Italica with a friend by suitcase and plane to the Netherlands to the lovely Parfuma. From the Netherlands the hotly longed for part finally arrived by mail today. And I was rewarded: a blood-red velvet bottle in a noble box. Still like the smell of mi? Yes.
The scent is wonderful. The first sprayer is a burnt wooden stick and then immediately burnt almonds, café latte with cocoa note and candy floss . The vanilla and the toffees wrap you up like silk. I was wearing Italica, and my girlfriend commented, "You smell so soft. Yes Italica is very soft, like fluffy cotton wool. In the course of time, delicate vanilla remains beautifully creamy on the skin. Long shelf life. I hope you can test him!
Dear Seraphima my very big thanks to you!

RisingChaosRisingChaos 16 days ago
Almond toffee cookies with a faint artificial, medicinal cherry undertone. Dense and dry. Dries down to a creamy, milky vanilla-caramel.
Ka3nKa3n 5 months ago
Underwhelming performance. For this price stick with other almond scents, there are tons that carry same almond touch and are 3x cheaper
GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 7 months ago
Yummy,cuddly,sweet but not cloying milky,almondy toffee & vanilla.Very well done! Minus: zero sillage but maybe it’s meant this way
Imani32Imani32 2 years ago
For anbody who loves almonds, this is beautiful. Milky and toffee and on my skin the dry down is sweet and woody. Not cloying at all.

by Wayofscent
by Kankuro
by Rajudaph
by Rajudaph

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff