Casamorati - Italica 2016

Casamorati - Italica by XerJoff
Casamorati - Italica is a perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is gourmand-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMilkMilk AlmondAlmond SaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanillaVanilla ToffeeToffee
Base Notes Base NotesCedarCedar SandalwoodSandalwood White muskWhite musk

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 05.10.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Perfumebee
Too opulent for my blood sugar level
You caught my eye because of your almond. You came in a very opulent vanilla pudding costume with a thick layer of caramel. You left behind diabetes.

Sometime after two sugar shocks, the almond sheepishly said, "Hello." But always well-behaved behind the vanilla costume. Unfortunately, my circulation can't take it. Sorry, I tried. You may move on.

Basilisk2803
I so wanted this relationship to work-out
So excited, thinking everything made by my one and only Xerjoff must be a 200% masterpiece. Safe buy, I thought even it was going to be a blind buy. Here you are. I tried my best. I swear. I wanted to fall in love, or at the very least, just to like it. Nope, not with this one. Didn't like it on my wrist, nor on my hair, nor on my clothes, but I wanted to keep it—for the sake of the gorgeous bottle and outstanding, eco-friendly box... I pushed myself so hard to tame it... Then one day I reentered a room, where I had spent an hour giving a private lesson, when a strong energy drink smell assaulted my brain and my nose... My student, a teenager, denied having such a drink. She thought that I had one...
It was embarrassing realisation that I smelt like a youngster who brings herself to a point of addictively consuming energy drinks. Sorry guys, apologies to all Italika`s lovers and fans.. No-go for me. PASS. Is it my "special" skin? Or is it my idiosyncratic nose that informs my brain of a sickening smell? Xerjoff, it's not you. You did nothing wrong. It's me!
2.5

Stinkypenny
Eww. Unpleasant at best, nausea inducing at worst.
I can appreciate this fragrance, but on my skin it is very very laconic thanks to the milk... and I don't like it. It smells like something curdling. The milk lasts for a very long time for a top note, but it doesn't travel far from the skin... which I am thankful for. Instead, I smell a buttery caramel reminiscent of a werthers original. I do not get any almond but I do get saffron. The almond becomes more apparent the closer my face gets to my arm. I do not understand the mass appeal of this fragrance but do admire the creaminess of the milk note... they can easily become very sharp on the skin. There are much better gourmands from Xerjoff, namely Lira, Dolce Amalfi, Dama Bianca, and Golden Moka from the Coffee Break collection. I will not be buying this, upset that I still have 9.5ml of a decant to get through.

Also for the price of a full bottle, or even the 30ml, the silage is poor after 1-1.5hrs of wear. I would expect more for a fragrance of this price.
He's not that cute..
I received my bottling from Italica this morning. It was really an anxiety test. It was written a lot of negative about Italica: unwearable etc.. I was really prepared for anything in this test, especially as a man Italica wear, can that go well?

Yes it can go well, the fear was entirely misplaced. Italica is not a monster that needs to be locked in a cave.

What awaits one in Italica: A beautiful gourmand with a special sweetness: Here comes especially almond and milk combined with sugar to use. After about 3-4 hours, Italica transforms. More of the almond note comes through and woody notes with a musky note. I really can't relate to the scent being too sweet for some. A Kirké, Lira, One Million, Layton, etc. Are just as sweet. There are some perfumes for women which are even sweeter. So I can't understand the panic at this point at all. Of course Italica is not for everyone what but a reason to banish the fragrance preferably in a cave I do not see.

Also for men Italica goes. My recommendation is: Be brave and test Italica. The fragrance does not bite.

The durability is Xerjoff typical also very good. I can perceive the fragrance now already a little over 12 hours and I think there is still what. The Silage is only the first 3-4 hours stronger then Italica is quieter and is well perceivable at a distance of an arm's length.
Connie
Unbearable. Sometimes a lot is just too much...
Italica is just too much even for me as a big fan of super sweet gourmands and big fan of Xerjoff. Way too much... For me, just unwearable.. I wanted to try this fragrance for so long. I almost bought this one blind, because no gourmand could be too sweet for me, until now....

I always think about where and on what occasion I could wear a fragrance when I test a fragrance.... With Italica is not even my otherwise very good imagination so far that I can imagine only one occasion for this fragrance. Maybe if I had to participate in a confectionery championship, where it would be about marzipan cakes...? I really don't know. In no case when I go out to eat or generally go away and suitable for everyday use is the fragrance also not...

The scent is probably the sweetest thing I've ever smelled... It is not a pleasant sweetness, but such an extreme sweetness that I get within 10 minutes in the truest sense of the word nausea... That is already a statement, because I usually almost in very sweet Gourmands regelrecht Bade...

If you imagine a big lump of lukewarm marzipan with warm milk and toffifees on top, you pretty much know what Italica smells like.... It has nothing to do with a perfume in my opinion, sorry Xerjoff. Every now and then even a fragrance from a niche house can be so off-beat and unique that it becomes unwearable. I'll never say again that a fragrance can't be too sweet for me..

5 short views on the fragrance
RisingChaosRisingChaos 12 months ago
Almond toffee cookies with a faint artificial, medicinal cherry undertone. Dense and dry. Dries down to a creamy, milky vanilla-caramel.
Ka3nKa3n 1 year ago
Underwhelming performance. For this price stick with other almond scents, there are tons that carry same almond touch and are 3x cheaper
GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 2 years ago
Yummy,cuddly,sweet but not cloying milky,almondy toffee & vanilla.Very well done! Minus: zero sillage but maybe it’s meant this way
Antonio57Antonio57 26 days ago
Sweet scent, smells like cookies and milk in a good way. Unisex, but it leans little more on girls’s side. Good gourmand if you ask me.
Imani32Imani32 2 years ago
For anbody who loves almonds, this is beautiful. Milky and toffee and on my skin the dry down is sweet and woody. Not cloying at all.
More statements

Images

17 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Amber Star by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff 17/17 - Richwood by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff 17/17 - Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff