Join The Club - 40 Knots 2012

Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff
Top 57 in Unisex Perfume
Join The Club - 40 Knots is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Sea breezeSea breeze
SeawaterSeawater
Woody notesWoody notes
HoneyHoney

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.07.2021.

For fragrances of the collection"Join The Club", by purpose no notes are specified. Every scent of this series is dedicated to another club.

The Fog - Fog of Sensuality
Now that I have already written a few statements and felt visibly comfortable writing these minimalist summaries, I would also like to try my hand at a review.
I chose the "40 Knots" because I tested this one out recently and it simply wowed me. In addition, he combines many things in itself, in which I find pleasure.
Already after spraying on, this familiar aroma flows directly towards me, a touch of this commercially very successful drink. Yes, I smell like cola!
In the prelude, however, this fragrance is underlaid with a certain saltiness, a breeze at the sea, which conjures up a few very nice images in my mind. Be it the beach bar, where I sip alone a cool, spicy Coke, where the salty aroma in the air unites with the refreshing drink. Be it the Cuba Libre I enjoy with friends on a starry summer night on a veranda near the sea, which we have mixed together from the highest quality components and which, through its already considerable spiciness, has found the perfect balance between effervescence and sweetness, garnished with a finely tuned saltiness, which is again in the beautiful sea air.
Yes, this fine, mostly invisible and slightly salty mist lays with absolute precision over the entire course of the fragrance. You can sense it, but it does not impose itself. It weaves the fragrance components into a great experience, using its mystical aura to present us with a total work of art. This mist serves us an absolutely sensual fragrance that I can't get enough of...... and if the mist lifts in the morning, it mysteriously reappears at dusk to do its work!

Eletus
yacht club without sea salt
I had a 10Ml Decant to try for several days. The sea notes come out to shine in first puff but do not last long, I would think the first 10 minutes then fade quickly and without being offensive evokes more a fragrance like Cold Water or Green Irish type the composition of oceanic air on a yacht, the green notes are somewhat confusing a little difficult to identify, I know that round something amber with something floral in the background (maybe pink with some pepper). I don't know why it gives me an air of Barber shop type, I was expecting something more calone type, something more saline that evokes sparks of water in a sailboat, I am left to owe a lot, yes the notes are of quality but the whole composition did not captivate me.
Be careful with the Hype around. For its high price, believe me there are better options.

Tiens!
Einfalt
A trip to the club of yachts
Aquatics have never been my thing. False promises of a well-fillable theme with the infinite expanses and dimensions of the oceans as a guideline ; however, most of the fragrances in this category have problems with lack of naturalness factor and the authenticity attached to it. Except for this masterpiece ; the Pacific of perfume.
Disclaimer : If you want to get straight to the point and do not want to get into too much mind game right now, please scroll down to the sentence "the journey begins" after the 3rd paragraph and get into what is written from there.

The feeling of creating something great fills one with vitality and a gossamer pinch of charming arrogance, doesn't it? At least it does for some, while others are just glad to have made something for once. But you're not one of those. You're bite-sized enough to complete the goals you've immortalized in your head : Which is why, within the next 5 years, you've managed to focus on your financial well-being in such a way that your success has taken on an international sheen. You are now richer than many a state, have relieved your great-grandchildren of their jobs and have walked with your dream partner free-spiritedly along every geographical, emotional and maturity-climbing path that even money could not have bought you ; a wealthy person who prances through life based on his emotional intelligence, leaving a lasting impression on every fellow human being, free of reproach. To your children, too, you realize a growth that every growing and maturing human child can only wish for ; to be equipped with an unshakable quantity and quality of understanding, charity and far-reaching abilities of life regulation. Perfection and strength predestined.
And exactly that someone will be YOU on the road to success after 5 intense years ! And you celebrate this more than generously, you prepare your brand new yacht for launching, send invitations to your closest and their closest friends, set foot for the first time on your traveling companion, the captain heads for the Pacific ; the journey begins.

You're on your yacht with your friends, some friends already well buzzed, the others just really getting into the ecstasy of friendship. You're standing on the deck, feeling a sense of physical and psychological weightlessness. Everything is perfect, you love.
In that moment, you pause for your self once, close your eyes and take a deep breath through your nose :
You grasp the freshly laid wooden floor, notice how the shallow, dreamily pleasant and refreshing sea breeze cools your face and perceive the vast depth of the salt water. The blazing sun fills you with energy and flows roundly and benevolently into your nose despite its intensity, like a yellow-white reflection on the water that lets you catch the far-reaching spectrum of the horizon and the ocean.
You exhale again, trying to control the overwhelmingness of the complex and enthralling perception of the impression. But you know ; as long as you are at the mercy of these circumstances and the powerful fragrance tearing into the locality, you will not cease to submit to it in amazement and impotence.
You have it then, however, after the first, barely 15. minute satisfaction by the realization that what you have just perceived reflects an undreamt-of fascination of worldly possibilities. After a while the sun moves towards its evening position and remains in the state of sunset. The liveliness of the sea and the time have covered your slightly warmed wooden floor with a thin layer of salt water, but in a perfectly dosed distribution, so that through emerging interpretive play, your own imagination can insert the experience of the sea memory or imagination parat to allow a personal aspect to the perception. If you are someone who lacks both, let yourself be carried away by the impression and your imagination will put before you a picture that could not have been better tailored for you.
With nearly everyone already settled into their chambers and the crisp night approaching, the ground still radiates some warmth and a faint citrusy, salty scent of seaweed still glides through the rest of tonight's journey.

You wander off the deck into the control cabins of your yacht, peering at the gold-wrapped speedometer visible to all in the room ; the cruise control reads :
40 knots
A composition that could not have been better presented, namely he is the olfactory representative of the club of yachts and the multi-layered sea represented. You want purified, authentic, on luxury and art leaned Auf-dem-Meer-Erlebniss without compromise of any kind? Then please buckle up, try it, read the manufacturer's description of the fragrance when unpacking the sample and my description before the first spray on the wrist through, close your eyes, perceive only the fragrance and make your own picture of this masterpiece.
My first review | Z9D
Criticism, questions and suggestions welcome !
Why 40 Knots sails under a false name and should actually be called Naxos
I admit, I wrestled with myself for a long time whether I should test XerJoff's 40 Knots. Somehow, when reading the relevant XerJoff reviews, I always had the impression that the brand is aimed more at younger to middle-aged people who prefer powerful scents. I, who am slowly out of the club-live age - well, jazz clubs excluded - place myself rather in the classic-conservative part of the fragrance universe, but am not averse to experiments and avant-garde outliers. And with a bit of sailing experience in the Turkish Aegean and Danish South Seas, the maritime bliss promise of 40 Knots seemed well worth a sniff. Even if the implied speed in the name rather refers to a speedboat ...

So that it came at all, in advance my heartfelt thanks to fellow parfumo Sergio0908, who left me an appropriately sized sample. Which was a funny occurrence, because it turns out we're almost neighbors. Well, sometimes good things are just around the corner. Thanks Sergej!

Back to XerJoff's 40 Knots ...

A fierce, fresh breeze greets me in the top notes. Instead of relying on citrus tones, it is blown in by mint and pepper. Hui, this is already going well to the point! Over the next half hour, it seamlessly transitions into a cinnamon and nutmeg mix, joined almost immediately by a jasmine note. A very pleasant sweet-salty note builds up.

Question: is this still an aquat or already not? I am at odds. I try to imagine teak planks bleached by Mediterranean sun. The salty seawater that still sprayed across the deck during the last, abundantly sporty turn before entering the marina has long since evaporated. Remnants of salt have crystallized on the planks. Hm. I don't really want to succeed with the seafaring associations, it lacks plasticity. No, 40 Knots is not a Popeye Aquat, not really. But maybe this XerJoff scent instead reflects a relaxed evening on the quay of a small marina on some Cycladic island, hardly any wind, the swell lazily sloshing around the creaky, shell-eaten wooden posts propping up the jetty. Outside, a 38" Beneteau bobs, awaiting her ouzo-stoned crew back from shore leave ...

After what seems like hours, the heart note gently transitions into the base note. Vanilla, amber, musk and a breeze of cedar now dominate. Equal, no captain to be seen, they rally spicily around a residue of sweet saltiness and let the long, sunny day pass in review, until it's time to retire to the bunks. Mind you, until that time comes, it takes and takes and takes ...

Categorical Rating:
Spicy-woody-sweet

Olfactory evaluation:
Top notes: Moroccan mint and coarse black pepper
Heart notes: cinnamon, nutmeg, jasmine
Base notes: vanilla, amber, musk, fresh cedar

Associative rating:
Colourwise: emerald green, light blue, pure white, forest honey yellow
Tactile: faded driftwood, polished teak, brass hardware
Musical: Mikis Theodorakis "Canto General"
Literary: Nikos Katzantzakis "Alexis Sorbas"
Visual arts: Sokratis Evgenidis "Santorini Magic 14" (2020)
Architecture: traditional Cycladic architecture

Verdict: A formidable fragrance that actually delivers on all the promises that XerJoff stands for - fine composition, high quality, excellent durability, very good sillage. All this presented in an opulent bottle. And wearable on almost any occasion. A place on my wish list is thus him sure.

Only: Perhaps for this fragrance the name Naxos would have fit better than the 40 Knots? ;-))
With 40 knots off to the new favorite fragrance
I did it again - a blind buy. When the package arrived, I was actually a little nervous, because I was absolutely not sure whether the 40 Knots what for me.

Package opened and there was already the beautiful XerJoff outer packaging in dark blue; inside the usual brilliant leather box. Flakon taken in hand and the first impression was only positive. The 40 Knots looks really great, especially when you hold it against the light. Since he shines wonderfully in blue and purple hues.

Spray head removed and hoped: please please please be good.Have then actually hesitated a bit and thought about whether I should test it right now or still wait... Then I thought, why wait? Off into the cold water and on it goes - Pfff-Pfff - sprayed 2 times on my arm.

And then... JOY high 10!!!

The 40 Knots starts citrusy fresh - has me immediately well liked. After about 10 - 20 minutes, it gets a little warmer and a salty and woody note comes along. The fresh, aquatic is carried all the time in the background.

Imagine you are on a yacht and jump into the wonderful turquoise sea, swim a round, come out of the water and go directly with your still wet-salty skin in the sauna. The sauna is brand new and is just being heated up. You open the door of the empty and new sauna, which is already a bit preheated, and immediately notice this wonderful scent of all the wood paneling. A first infusion has just taken place with a slightly fresh mixture (there was a tiny little drop of honey in the mixture, but only a little one!).

That's exactly how the 40 Knots smells after the top note fades into the background: wonderful fresh, slightly warm wood (so absolutely not heavy, old, woody), but as if from a new sauna where you are allowed to enter as the first guest to relax after swimming in the sea. The infusion gives the whole experience that certain something and rounds everything off to your complete satisfaction :)

For me, quite clearly: this candidate deserves more attention!

Durability and sillage are very good and in the usual XerJoff quality. From my point of view, the fragrance can be worn at any time of year and on all occasions. An all-rounder, as one wishes :)

I love it!
Ischgelroi
For me, the perfect aquat...
I've really had a lot of aquatics but they couldn't really convince me, either too synthetic, too scratchy, etc. I had until last Tom Ford Costa Azzura and Armani Bleu Tourquise as Aquaten. Unfortunately, these could never completely convince me.

The Costa Azzura is really very good, but it has always lacked something so that this can get a 10 rating, with Costa Azzura it has a bit of performance and there was something missing in the fragrance itself for me.

Armani Bleu Turquoise is also similar to 40 Knots, but that sweetness and heavy kind of ruined the scent for me. I didn't really have an aquatic in my collection anymore until yesterday, but then the mailman rang with my package of Xerjoff 40 Knots. I was really excited about this scent because no aquatic had convinced me 100% until now. 40 Knots I of course immediately unpacked and sprayed on. Immediately a very strong Aquate comes towards me with an initially very strong silage. The notes which I can perceive are the following: Salt, honey and something woody. The scent progression here remains pretty linear from the beginning to the end. I can recommend anyone who is still looking for an aquatic to try 40 Knots, because in my opinion this is absolutely coherent neither too sweet, scratchy, or synthetic and if someone likes Costa Azzura or Bleu Turquoise, then he or she will love 40 Knots.
The Punisher among Navy's
The fragrance smells like the rock in the surf among the whole crew of aquatic fragrances and general sea scents. Enduring, consistently straightforward and acidic, pissed off at those who can't keep up. The new Le male le Parfum is considered a sailor but next to the Xerjoff it only makes a willing apprentice. Also on board is the Armani Acqua di gio, known as a good weather sailor, an older comrade waiting for retirement who doesn't want to cause any trouble. But it is when the waves are ridden and duty calls no further that the 40 Knots becomes approachable, amazingly approachable. The honey puts a total twist on the dry down. So not everyone gets along with the Xerjoff 40 knots, but the people who stand on an authentic style, are well served with him
Wow, what a surprise
When you order several different bottlings, actually more looking forward to a special fragrance and then suddenly "Join the Club - 40 Knots " by Xerjoff steals the show.
So is my story to this wonderful fragrance.

An absolute top fragrance in my opinion and would H+S better, it would have the other fragrances difficult with me to get attention.
Sweet-salty water smell, which smells much better than it sounds at first :)

A scent that is hard to get enough of and I find myself sniffing it over and over again.

It is for me a fragrance to go out to the disco or bar...but also for other events imaginable.
A walk along the harbour in the evening along a lighted street with different bars and places on holiday during summer. :)

Scent: sweet sea water in perfection
Durability: good
Sillage: could be better, therefore only an OK
DavidBn
Of inspiration, obsession and wonder
All three words somehow fit Xerjoff's 40 Knots. But everything in its time:
Let me start mot the wonderment - for this, perhaps something should be said about the background of the name. All fragrances of the "join The Club" by Xerjoff are assigned to a club - who would have thought it with the name - and the fragrances oriented to these scenarios. I have often been unsure about this, because I found the names somehow inappropriate - the fragrances were convincing, but the names suggested something else. What this has to do with 40 knots? This one also belongs to a club - the yacht club. At first I thought of a light, perhaps yacht plank - therefore woody - and aquatic scent, perhaps with the ingenious Xerjpff performance. But already when I saw Ambre Nuit of Dior listed as a fragrance twin, I realized that I could also be wrong with this JTC: and that was then also so - at least partially:

Because the first time I applied it to a perfume I actually perceived a fresh note, which, however, would also not be unusual for Xerjoff fragrances. Anyway: a still partially fresh, slightly aquatic, although for me not citric opening somehow fit. Quickly, however, the top notes on my wrist seemed to say goodbye. When I arrived home a good hour later, I could smell more clearly what those who compared Xerjoff's 40 knots to Dior's Ambre Nuit meant. I don't detect a rose, but the amber is similar to the Dior. Cozy, warm but just less floral. Instead? A woody base as well as, for me, almost salty heart notes accompanied the amber in its development - and there it was again, the astonishment. Yes, we are dealing with an Abberuft here and this is certainly not a lupenreiner Aquate - well, not really. But the rather masculine scent, separately its notes that play in the background, made the name almost seem sensible again. The drydown then becomes more masculine and actually moves away from the Dior with 40 knots - even if a certain similarity may remain. This would now also clarify what the word inspiration had to look for in the title.

But where we were just at the word "remain": the 40 knots remains - and on the skin. Hats off, the greatest weakness of the distant relative from France was eliminated here namely sovereign and on my skin I would speak here even of a "Beastmode" fragrance. Locker 10 to 12 hours accompanies me the fragrance through the day and if it must be - by the silliest as well as the very neat projection - also through one or the other evening.

Heftig it becomes then at the end again, when it comes to the price. Since Xerjoff was yes nich never squeamish - and the colleague here is no exception. 290€ are called for the 100ml, 180€ for the 50ml ... ouch. Is it worth it, just when Dior offers 125ml of your Ambre Nuit for the 50ml price of the 40 knot? To me, it is: I almost have an obsession.... Conclusion: if you're looking for a much better performing, more masculine alternative to Dior that's still independent enough, you should definitely try this fragrance. From a Blinbuy, on the other hand, I would advise against even for fans of the note, samplen guaranteed worth it! Who now also wants to shell out the money for the fragrance, should become bright ears - a definitely successful fragrance!
DerDefcon
I can't seem to get along without Rose.
I was particularly curious about Xerjoff's "40 Knots", since according to many it is a fragrance twin to Dior's bestseller, the "Ambre Nuit" - a masterful fragrance, by the way. And indeed, the parallels are clearly smellable. However, the differences are just as noticeable, both in the opening and in the further course of the fragrance. 40 Knots" is by far the more edgy fragrance, as it lacks the rose that provides softness and cuddliness in "Ambre Nuit". The ambergris in "40 Knots" is much more tingling, salty and tart. I therefore understand the naming "40 Knots", but can say that the fragrance, according to my nose, is not remotely an aquatic fragrance. Wouldn't that actually make me question the naming? Well ... also no matter.
In the further course of the fragrance, a decent portion of cinnamon joins later, which rounds off the animalic ambergris and thereby significantly increases the wearability of this Xerjoff. In the end, it's still the case that I prefer and wear Dior's bestseller. It may be quieter and perhaps it may not stick to the skin the way "40 Knots" manages to do. However, it is never too loud for that or takes hours to ring in the end of the scent. Yes, with "40 Knots," it takes. That doesn't make it unpleasant - not at all. But it is definitely a bit exhausting, because being permanently served the full olfactory drone of salty-harsh Walko** - pardon me - without any contrast program is not quite what I was hoping for. Remedy is, as already described, the cinnamon and then I really like this edgy fragrance, but that spice just comes too late. So I stay with "Ambre Nuit" by Dior. This stay, by the way, is automatically also a declaration of love to the rose masterfully integrated here - willy-nilly the fragrance without which I can no longer.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 1 month ago
Deep, dark woods with aquatic and green accords supporting. Salt and pepper pop off the skin. AdG Profumo vibes despite dissimilarities.
NgarciaNgarcia 1 month ago
I'd divide the woody notes in two categories, woody notes and cedar, this one is dominant after some hours, the another one in the beginning
ScentistaScentista 2 months ago
Gorgeous aquatic scent, a bottle of luxury, literally. Is beautiful on hair too.
Blako11Blako11 3 months ago
La profundidad del mar fue lo primer que pensé al olerlo, es muy especial. Notas acuáticas a más no poder de máxima calidad.
MariaSMariaS 5 months ago
Its Royal ouds kid running at the beach. Has similar vibes, but 40knots is more sweet, delicate and fresh than RO (spicier and more intense)
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
It starts sweet, spicy (cinnamon) and aquatic. In the drydown it's powdery (iris), salty (ambergris), green (vetiver) and woody (cedarwood).

by DavidBraz
by DavidBraz
by SonyCrockett
by SonyCrockett
by Felsn
by Felsn
On the throne!!
by MariaS
I joined the club with this gem!
by MariaS
by BS96
by Stere
by Stere

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Accento Overdose by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff