Join The Club - 40 Knots 2012

Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff
Join The Club - 40 Knots is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.01.2021.

For fragrances of the collection"Join The Club", by purpose no notes are specified. Every scent of this series is dedicated to another club.

DerDefcon
I can't seem to get along without Rose.
I was particularly curious about Xerjoff's "40 Knots", since according to many it is a fragrance twin to Dior's bestseller, the "Ambre Nuit" - a masterful fragrance, by the way. And indeed, the parallels are clearly smellable. However, the differences are just as noticeable, both in the opening and in the further course of the fragrance. 40 Knots" is by far the more edgy fragrance, as it lacks the rose that provides softness and cuddliness in "Ambre Nuit". The ambergris in "40 Knots" is much more tingling, salty and tart. I therefore understand the naming "40 Knots", but can say that the fragrance, according to my nose, is not remotely an aquatic fragrance. Wouldn't that actually make me question the naming? Well ... also no matter.
In the further course of the fragrance, a decent portion of cinnamon joins later, which rounds off the animalic ambergris and thereby significantly increases the wearability of this Xerjoff. In the end, it's still the case that I prefer and wear Dior's bestseller. It may be quieter and perhaps it may not stick to the skin the way "40 Knots" manages to do. However, it is never too loud for that or takes hours to ring in the end of the scent. Yes, with "40 Knots," it takes. That doesn't make it unpleasant - not at all. But it is definitely a bit exhausting, because being permanently served the full olfactory drone of salty-harsh Walko** - pardon me - without any contrast program is not quite what I was hoping for. Remedy is, as already described, the cinnamon and then I really like this edgy fragrance, but that spice just comes too late. So I stay with "Ambre Nuit" by Dior. This stay, by the way, is automatically also a declaration of love to the rose masterfully integrated here - willy-nilly the fragrance without which I can no longer.

Ptsau
My first fresh aquatic scent!
I got a big bottle with the Black Friday deal. I am in love with its opening: salty aquatic and I can detect some tea note in it. I’m not a freshie kind of girl because I cannot stand strong citrus so I don’t have any fresh fragrance in my collection. This one definitely the only freshie but not citrusy kind of fresh that I love but I wish the whole duration of the perfume would stay like its opening. It dries down to very aromatic woody with some salty vibes that makes it too elegant to wear casually. I love the dry down too but just has to dress more elegant or formal to match it. I’m hunting my kind of freshie for casual wear or signature scent but this is not.

It has divine quality and super high concentration of perfume oil at 34%. Very well blended and superb performance. Last 12+ hours on my perfume eating skin and great projection and sillage. With its price, it does worth every penny.

Overall it’s a gorgeous scent, 9/10 for me. Just don’t expect it’s the everyday signature scent.
74.08 kilometers per hour
I suddenly decided to get a Xerjoff because the brand alone exudes a certain authenticity, dominance and performance.

A few days later, the package arrived and I was puzzled why it is so heavy at all. With full anticipation I tore open the box to hold the good piece in my hands. The packaging is made of leather, is extremely robust and noble, you open it and see that the bottle is wrapped in 2 cloths that stick out from the sides. The bottle is bomb, I also call it "Banger" because it's so awesome that all the other bottles next to it are no longer worthy of attention. One has the feeling, in it would not be a perfume, but liquid gold, because this gem just exudes luxury.

The fragrance should smell like Ambre Nuit, but I do not know and is still very unique and special for me, because I always evaluate fragrances subjectively. I define uniqueness just different, because I have already tested many things but never smelled something like that. It makes me feel like I'm floating through seaweed on a plank in the ocean while nibbling on Hot&Spicy chips from Pringles. Speaking of the ocean, this fragrance DNA has the same complexity and depth.

Performance: well, the last five scents I ordered never had a strong HS on me, strangely enough, despite the strong scores of over 8. Is probably because my sense of smell gets tired quickly or I may have Corona, so I would like to say negative about the durability and sillage here as well.

Long story short: Strikes if you find a good deal! I personally find the bottle extremely cool and want to own a Xerjoff on principle, because the eye eats somewhere with ;-)
PS: 40 knots correspond to a speed of 74.08 kilometers per hour.
Rdilger
The sense of smell is the most honest sense
I had more to say about this fragrance than would fit into a statement. Therefore I dare to make a comment. 40 knots ago I tried Ambre Nuit from Dior. A whole day (Sunday :-)) I tried to smell the fragrance beautifully. As a relative newcomer in the perfume world, I read the effusive comments and thought to myself that these great experiences should also come to me. But smell and sense of smell are not universal. Even if 100 connoisseurs find the fragrance gigantic, it can still contain a scent or a combination of notes that just doesn't suit you personally. Smell is strongly linked by personal experience and association with positive or negative memories, which in the end decide whether you like it or not. This is how Ambre Nuit failed me. Then I hit 40 knots. Again I leave positive comments. Among them is the hint that 40 Knots is similar but much more interesting than Ambre Nuit because it is rounder, more aquatic and more beautiful. I'm sure you can imagine what happened. Yes, actually in an order at Xerjoff Universe I also checked 40 Knots ... the last argument for me was that it even fits thematically to my hobby and aquatic notes should provide the necessary magic. What can I say, I am a classic victim of marketing and self-deception - friendly meant :-) Summa Summarum, 40 Knots is much more similar - for me - to Ambre Nuit than I thought, in Dry Down for me 100% the same. Especially the sense of smell, the most honest of our senses, because it is the only one of our senses that is directly connected to the control centre (cortex cerebri), cannot be fooled. If you don't like it, you don't like it, and good self-affirmation and marketing can't change that at all. This does not mean that 40 Knots is not a good smell. Xerjoff stands for quality and beautiful fragrances. Then it may be another one
5.5

Drseid
A Slow Sink Into the Cashmeran Sea Depths...
40 Knots opens with a fresh, slightly salty oceanic accord with underlying subtle supporting woody-amber before moving to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart it remains slightly salty oceanic, with a fresh, airy and slightly sharp green accord emerging to meld with the synthetic woody-amber accord that begins as subtle support, then groww as time passes until into the star. During the late dry-down the composition turns slightly powdery, as the woody-amber accord takes the fore as sole star, shedding its green, slightly salty oceanic supporting cast through the finish. Projection is good and longevity very good at over 10 hours on skin.

40 Knots starts off pretty nice smelling, if nothing too groundbreaking with its salty oceanic accord, staying pleasant through its early heart as the additional green accord while a bit synthetic is not so in a bad way, melding quite well with it. Sadly, the composition takes a major turn for the worse as it introduces a dreaded synthethic (in a bad way) woody-amber accord into the mix that has cashmeran written all over it. As time passes the cashmeran gobbles up everything else and spoils what started as at least a mild winner. To its credit, 40 Knots never takes the cashmeran to sickening levels, keeping the unwelcome stuff well in-check throughout, but even so it is just a bit too much for this writer. The base is *all* cashmeran, all the time. The bottom line is the $195 per 50ml bottle 40 Knots starts off mildly interesting and certainly pleasant, only to gradually sink into its cashmeran laden depths, earning an "above average" 2.5 to 3 stars out of 5 rating but an avoid recommendation as too much of its development is wasted in mediocrity to hold one's attention long.
with 40 knots away from the aquatic
Dear Fragrance Crazy !
On the one hand I would like to thank the founder of this site! Meanwhile Parfumo is launched to my fragrance Duden .Not only that it is super informative, but there is here a home for fragrance crazy . You have the feeling that you are not the only one who has developed a passion for good water! :-D Since I am still a commentary virgin, I wanted to change this

So now to the fragrance 40 Knots !
Those who expect an aquatic fragrance will be disappointed. 40 Knots is a feel-good fragrance per Excellance ! It smells salty and woody. One has the feeling to walk along a wooden footbridge at the sea. Do you know when bright fresh wood gives off a sweet smell? That's exactly what 40 Knots reminds me of. It is a pleasant sweetness, not pushy but present .40 knots triggers with me on the one hand security on the other hand also wanderlust. One would like to lie somewhere on the beach and look at the distance of the sea.

Many compare this fragrance with dior's Ambre Nuit and the resemblance is hard to deny, but I find 40 knots more complex. Whether it is perhaps because Xerjoff keeps the ingredients secret, I can judge unfortunately with difficulty.

Also the Sillage and durability is very good for such a lovely fragrance and I find better than with Diors Ambre Nuit. In my opinion a super beautiful fragrance that does not touch and does not even bother you. Buying tip.

Flacon: noble!blue glass bottle with xerjoff typical lid in gold ! makes something here !
Durability: loose 8 hours on clothing after weeks still perceptible

So love me that was my first fragrance comment ! Damn difficult if you don't know exactly what's inside and you smelled this scent the last time years ago!
With the amazingly good comments I have been able to read so far, my comment is very amateurish, but all the beginning is hard and practice makes perfect

Oceans and adventures
Fantastic scent that reminds me of the sea breeze and great adventures in unknown places. Present but not overly imposing, fairly linear. Longevity is good.

Woody - sweet - salty
I can't convince myself to name it an aromatic aquatic, although there's sharp hint of salty water in top reminiscent of nothing related to ocean, but the core of fragrance lurks around sweet aromatic woods and syrupy fruity notes that deliver picturesque of tobacco. Some uncertain hint of oud; which I hesitate to approve; collaborates with this core.

40 Knots is a compliment-bringer king and warm sweet four season fragrance. It's a smart upmarketing of today's inexpensive masculine mainstream fragrances that you skip over in Sephora.
3/5

Rickbr
Mainstream aroma transformed into luxury
Some impressions come into my mind when i spray 40 Knots on skin. The first one, which i'll develop further, is that it's aroms is familiar to me, reminding me of a mainstream fragrance not so known and already kind of forgotten, the discontinued Diesel Zero Plus masculine.The second impression is that there is something retro about it which for me seems to be associated with my image of an Yatch Club. And the third is that, altough this has coeherence and it's well done, i suspect that this one of those perfumes where the bottle and presentations costed much more than the fragrance formula itself. On its essential structure, 40 Knots is Zero Plus in a modified form: the cinnamon, the vanilla and the almond heliotrope touch are all there.The main diference is that 40 knots highlights a carnation flower accord, spicy, hot and a little bit powdery and this is the main retro touch that makes me think of the club. Something also gives me a lemon sensation and for some moments is almost if this was an isolated part of coca-cola aroma. There is also a green note in this composition that makes me smell, in an incomplete form, a roses aroma for quite a few seconds. The interesting parts of 40 Knots - the carnation, the coca-cola sensation, the fragmented rose - unfortunately are brief sensations mixes in the aforementioned notes of cinnamon, vanilla and heliotrope, ending in the tipical xerjoff base: a woody, synthetic, sharp and dry aroma. Well, if luxury is in the details, certainly here you are purchasing something like that, just have in mind that this is a mainstream creation modified and packaged to have prestige, which highs it price considerably.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 month ago
It starts sweet, spicy (cinnamon) and aquatic. In the drydown it's powdery (iris), salty (ambergris), green (vetiver) and woody (cedarwood).

by DavidBraz
by Mikail5050
by Eggi37
by Eggi37

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff