Join The Club - Ivory Route 2012

Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff
Join The Club - Ivory Route is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.10.2021.

For fragrances of the collection "Join The Club", intentionally no notes are specified. Every scent of this series is dedicated to another club.

Xerjoff Number 10 - Kitchen of the Poisoners
The other day at Xerjoff headquarters, in product development...

Lorenzo: Hey Mattheo, the boss has a new order for us !
Mattheo: Again ? We just created a new fragrance last week.
Lorenzo: You know him, he makes so much amore with his fragrances and the 200 mark in the number of creations doesn't come by itself.

Mattheo: Now don't tell us to do anything with Overdose again...
Lorenzo: You can rest assured, it's supposed to be something for the Join the Club line.
Mattheo: So again mix something wild together and hope that something decent comes out of it, as usual?
Lorenzo: Haha, no we take our craft seriously and compose a fragrance that will be unforgettable.
Mattheo: Ok, so again mix wildly together and see what comes out.
Lorenzo: Don't let the boss hear that, otherwise he'll get the idea of doing it better himself.
Mattheo: Exactly, because we are the professionals, sometimes more or less...

Mattheo: Tell me Lorenzo, how should it actually smell in the end or what should it be called?
Lorenzo: I don't know how it's supposed to smell, I think it's supposed to be worn in one of those newfangled clubs. So in any case sweet. How it should be called, the boss said, Ivory Route.
Matthew: Ivory Route? Tell me, have you been drinking?
Lorenzo: I never drink on the job, apart from the five, six vodka.
Mattheo: What am I supposed to think? Hmmm, the name sounds a bit like Ivory Coast, so Africa. We could make something that comes across as animalistic, leathery and warm.
Lorenzo: The smell of a Land Rover Defender, where a lion shit in it? Mattheo: Lorenzo, how much have you had already ? Who should wear something like this ? It should i club wearable.
Lorenzo: A Land Rover Defender on the dance floor where a lion shit in it? Mattheo: I think you rest for now, the smells in here must have got into your head too much.

Mattheo: I imagine a warm resinous scent which captures the warmth and humidity of Africa. Plus spices, which is supposed to mimic flora, and some smokiness, which isn't supposed to bring in animalicness, but an animalic touch.
Lorenzo: What a fantasy, which one of us has been drinking now?
Mattheo: In the end, it sounds a little like the competitor product Grand Soir by MFK with a little smoke, but it sounds pretty cool. But the fragrance will be able to show its full power through the spice and the smoke. It will radiate beautifully from the skin and also last for what feels like an eternity. I am a genius.

Lorenzo: Let's do it that way then, we'll have to toast to that, hicks.....

Great sweety oriental scent
Powerful spices with vanilla tones, sandalwood and I would say even some kind of boozyness.
Could be an Amouage scent but easier to smell for bigger audience.
Very good but nothing too impressive in a niche and high priced (so much it is) context.
I have to say that silage is so weak point, a decent lasting…but with your nose just over the skin.

Best of all JTC scents
Ivory route was my first purchase from Xerjoff. and so far is my only repurchase from them as well.

Ivory Route is a masterpiece scent with substantial amount of spices running through it’s veins. I get very little basil in the opening. I don’t think I miss it here at all. To my nose it is more about the spicy mix of sandalwood, vanilla, ambers, slight hint of incense hiding behind the curtains and exotic spice bazaar at the centre of the stage. It is an intoxicating blend with quite heavy sillage.

Connie
An adventure to a faraway land.. Dreamlike..
With the JTC fragrances from Xerjoff it's always a bit like a box of chocolates. You never really know what you get, because no notes are listed.

I'm just sitting here and make me a first impression of this fragrance. I have just received my small sample and have just sprayed the fragrance... So it will first a kind of " First Impression"..

The fragrance is definitely niche. Very very Xerjoff, super unusual but super beautiful and very exciting. The fragrance is definitely unisex. It is not a feminine fragrance, little floral and more like a herbal blend . The fragrance is a masterpiece for me . A combination of scents that leave me speechless in the first moment . Like walking through the Arabian spice souk where it smells everywhere of beguiling herbs . I love to walk around there and I immediately think of my evenings in the Emirates... The scent is very oriental to me. The notes I can only guess...

So how does Ivory Route smell? The first thing I think of would have to be the first seconds after the aufprühen, is actually one of my favorites of Xerjoff " Dolce Amalfi"... Although Ivory Route is not fruity at all like Dolce Amalfi, it has the same vibe in the top notes but only in the top notes.... The scent, like Dolce Amalfi, has a bit of that cough syrup note that I absolutely love and adore. A bit like it used to smell in the pharmacies. Medicinal/herbal but pleasant... I was going to go with the clove note... When the scent settles down any super light woody notes come out and definitely a fair amount of incense. I think those two notes remind me of Dolce Amalfi, but Ivory Route changes scent after the dry down. I also smell tobacco blossom in the dry down and some subtle floral note that I can't define.... Vanilla or I guess more tonka, is a constant companion along this exciting journey...

What can I say except that the fragrance is like a dream journey to a distant land. A true adventure fragrance. The scent has for me absolute addiction potential.

But it is fair to say that the fragrance is very little perfumed and that the fragrance for many who are not fans of niche fragrances, perhaps a bit too special and unusual would be...For me personally, the fragrance is a dream. It is but absolutely no everyday fragrance but a super fragrance for a special occasion. As the H+S is, I will continue to test and make an update about it....
Phill
Spicy powdery feel good journey
The fragrance also reminds me (as described in another comment) of Guerlain l'homme ideal, which unfortunately broke in my bathroom three days after I bought it a year ago.
However, with "less" spice and less synthetic freshness than Guerlain.
Especially the opening and the first two hours I find incredibly spicy, frankincense, resinous with delicious and powdery vanilla on top.
The fragrance has a very long shelf life... BUT: ... Unfortunately, after a few hours, it starts to smell rather interchangeable and replaceable by other cheaper vanilla scents.
If it weren't, I'd give the highest score!

Ivory Route - Xerjoff
I have been impressed with just about everything I have tried from the house of Xerjoff so far, please watch this review if you want to know whether Ivory Route was an exception.

Oriental Trip
The scent that references the Ivory Route and represents a trip club goes into an oriental path to do this connection, bringing in some classic elements of this family: sandalwood, patchouli and a amber accord that seems mainly made of vanilla and labdanum to me. With a predominance like that, it would be hard that Ivory Route to go out of the lack of originality that governs this line, but he is consistent and seems to me to be among the best elaborated ones. Here, i see the brand pratically referencing its Richwood creation (and, consequently, Chanel Coromandel), but in a balance where there is no roses and where the patchouli is best highlighted in relation the ambar aroma. It's primarly a classic patchouli creation, on of those earthy ones with an incense aura and a hippie/exotic/mystique vibe. The spices mingle to it in a way that i cannot separate or point out them, they just seem to give a sweet spicy colour that complementes the patchouli. As this trip unveils, the labdanum and vanilla are clearly more noticeable and they give to me what seems like the ambar impression which is only suggested at the opening. There is something mixtured with the vanilla note that to me gives it an almondy touch which remains secondary level on the skin. The sandalwood adds to the composition a woody creamy profile, cozy and perfect to finish this trip into what seems the misterious orient aromas.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 4 months ago
Spice closet on paper, surprisingly fresh and sweet on skin. Mentholic undertones as it dries down.
MariaSMariaS 6 months ago
It’s a spicy woody scent which I accidentally mixed with wulong cha and smells amazing!
ExxellenceExxellence 1 year ago
Smooth and creamy at first then it gets spicier. Quality juice with soft sillage and great longevity. Its nice but too spicy oriental for me
Ronny1987Ronny1987 2 years ago
Hands down still one of my favorite Xerjoff. Creamy sandalwood with lots of spices and herbs

by CharlAmbre
by Bosworth
by Stere
by Stere

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff