Join The Club - More Than Words 2012

Join The Club - More Than Words by XerJoff
Join The Club - More Than Words is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is oriental-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Dried fruitsDried fruits LabdanumLabdanum RoseRose Spicy notesSpicy notes OudOud AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.05.2022.

XerJoff deliberately do not specify any notes for fragrances of the collection "Join The Club". Every scent of this series is dedicated to another club.
More than Words allegedly captures the world of writers and poets.

MtW - Join the Club
While an intoxicating accord of sweet fruit dominates the opening of More Than Words, it also indicates the unpredictability to come, with individual moments of smoky labdanum and wood creeping in just enough to surprise and enchant. As the sweetness dries, the fragrance bounds further into exotic territory, with oud and benzoin providing a warm, sensual backdrop. A waxing and waning frankincense brings everything together with such natural precision that it's easy to forget how bold the whole thing really is. Like all great writing, More Than Words is something more than the sum of its parts.I have it my collection from the beginning, but now the price seems to be much bigger..

Caliskana
incency rose with a pinch of oud
I don't know what i was expecting before buying blindly this perfume.
This turns out to be a great rose, oud, incense combo.
The opening is a lil bit harsh, but it faints to a nice and well blended rose & oud combo.
you can feel the dried fruits that gives just a pinch of sweetness.
I like it, but it's not a signature scent for me.

The Beat Of Our Hearts
The sum of our parts
The beat of our hearts
It is louder than words
Louder than words."

Pink Floyd's "Louder Than Words" song describes the feeling flawlessly. I bought a pack of decanters with the scents that intrigued me about this brand, one of which was More Than Words. If you are interested, here you find my XJ 1861 Naxos. More than a Word is modern and classic poetry whose verses describe universal feelings that colour our lives. It is composed of conflicting feelings, reworked into a blend of emotions that distil vibrant prose of stunning clarity.

The fragrance is spicy, warm, and sweet with complex edges. Right off the bat, I get almost salty ambergris, so forceful, which cannot be valid from the sperm whale. It is chemical, a derivative of ambroxan, for sure. Behind that comes a piercing oud, not too medicinal at all. It feels like oud, but harmless, refined, not skanky, which slightly darkens the salty and flowery tones. The initial blast is not unique to my nose because I already have a similar scent, but I will tell you later.

The heart unveils with a bouquet, mingles with fruit accords, a delicate and sweet rose with a fruity touch. A creamy rose rules the floral tone—the rose is the blossom I get the most in the bouquet of white flowers—while the fruity edge comes from some dried fruit, which could be a blend of raisin plum, apricot, and sour berries. So, when the rose comes into play, it oozes with fruity and smoky nuances added to the gummy cistus flower, which pairs well with the other guys. Besides, I bet there is a faint spicy touch, subdued cinnamon.

The dry-down changes toward something more thick, sweet, and salty. The ambergris takes the stage now and gets prominent, while the oud still lingers in the back. Woody oud and resinous cistus create a dense side dish with a salty amber tinge. The perfume is now a skin scent, and I have a better idea of what it reminds me of; it's Intense Cafe. Take out the coffee note, and you get the same vibe. The two colognes sit in the same ballpark and share many notes in common, mainly rose and oud paired with a dash of amber. Though they are not clones of one another. And the oud-rose couple is not ordinary.

I can wear it as a casual fragrance or formal evening and night events. It is a cologne that fights the cold weather. The fall and winter months are ideal. This is truly one of the most delicate fragrances based on oud it has ever privileged me to wear. It winds like something with well-mixed oud and rose typical of Arab scents but in modern ways.

I base the review on a decant I have owned since January 2022.

-Elysium

Taming the poets’ rose
My love story for this fragrance is rather complicated. I loved it at first sniff on a friend, but this is quite unfair because he is one of these people who smell great whatever perfume they chose to wear. I was still a newbie in the fragrance world and this was my first introduction to xerjoff.
I quickly got myself 10 ml and my first wearing of it, I felt that it overpowered me. Maybe not the best fragrance to wear in an office?

But it was glorious in that crisp winter morning. I could smell it all day and before I could dissect the layers of this new perfume, a colleague came into the office and asked who was wearing a strong cologne! Cologne!? Then another colleague from China asked me if I was on medication because it smelled like something medicinal. Needless to say, I never wore MTW to work. It became my evening perfume or my « me time » perfume. I still enjoy it a lot, but I do love it on other people more than I love it on me.

I can smell a little similarity with Armani Rose d’Arabie, with the added sweetness of dried fruits. Obviously, I prefer more than words or I wouldn’t be writing this.

I had both versions of this fragrance before and after the change in bottle shapes and I am afraid I cannot detect the subtle changes of anything I find the new formulation easier to wear. It’s a beautiful take on Oud & Rose and it always be in and out of my collection until I figure it out :)
Durability Winner My Collection
Once sprayed and always something of it. This rose-oud combination is in terms of durability a real bomb. The scent is unfortunately too penetrating for me. The first hour after application you smell nothing else (despite low dosage). Anyone who is looking for a powerful rose-oud fragrance, with which you can not hide is hereby on the right side. I will nevertheless dispose of him soon again, because he is too bad as a placeholder in my perfume cabinet and certainly has its justified fans.
Of books, boobs and oud
Above the entrance to the Abbey Library of St. Gallen is written in large letters: PSYCHES IATREION (pronounced: psüchäs hiatreion). This could be translated from the Attic with "sanatorium for the soul". The literature and especially the library, where literature was consumed in former times, was and is still partly regarded as a "soul pharmacy"
With the Joint the Club line, XerJoff has created fragrances where, to the chagrin of the fragrance pyramid rollator pilots, individual fragrances are not the focus of attention. XerJoff deliberately does not publish a pyramid of fragrances. The fragrances should convey a specific scent image, which usually works very well. More than Words is dedicated to a specific club/circle. That of literature, especially the writer and the reader. The fragrance transports one to a powerful, dark, old library.

Libraries with their dark corridors and discreet niches, however, have their appeal especially in the youth. Whether it is the deafening silence and tranquillity of a library, thoughts turn sometimes to Judith, then again to Anna, from the coquettish restlessness, the reckless grace, the light-hearted remorse to discipline and credit points for graduation.

One day, my former fellow student S. from the Land of Smiles took the current issue of a Big 'Uns publication out of her pocket with her tender, pale, discreet fingers - in Asia, especially in Japan, it is quite common to consume such adult magazines in public - and put the booklet on the ponderous reading table. S., leafed calmly through the booklet and commented. First the lecture, then the seminarium.

In short, a library addresses not only the intellectual part of the psyche, but also the sensual part. So does More than Words
More Than Words is fruity and sweet after being sprayed on. Woody and smoky notes (frankincense, ambergris and labdanum) are quickly added. The woody and smoky notes evoke the image of dark, mighty cupboards and shelves full of old books preciously bound in leather.

At this stage, the fragrance thrives on the interaction between light, fruity, sweet, immaculate notes and dark, mysterious and even verr(a)ucht-erotic notes. Just as a library houses works by Thomas Aquinas as well as works by Catullus ("The honourable poet must be chaste, but his verses are not.") or Giovanni Boccaccio.

Soon Oud joins in. Oud with smoky, dark, earthy, slightly animal notes. The oud symbolizes the preciousness and grace of literary works. But the oud does not dominate the fragrance completely or even one-dimensionally, it is artfully woven into resinous, sweet, leathery and smoky notes.

At the end of the fragrance process, More than Words becomes softer and quieter. One sits relaxed and mentally satisfied in a quiet, warm, dark, cosy reading room of a library. The fragrance envelops the wearer in an intellectual and sensual sense of security.

More than Words is a deep, sensual perfume. It reflects the whole range of literature. More than Words is complex, but not as exhausting as the "Quiet!" fetishists of a library picking up the hasty Aphrodite, light and dark at the same time, sweet and lustful and at the same time bitter like very old dark wood. More than Words transports the emotions of literature, more than individual words (or scent pyramids) can do on their own.

GewoonBB
More Than Words (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
•XERJOFF MORE THAN WORDS •

After the success of Naxos, I've been waiting to try out more Xerjoff fragrances. Next in line was More Than Words.

This has one of the best openings I have ever smelled. It's woody, fruity and floral at the same time, and it has an almost palpable sparkling quality. Funny enough, it reminded me of cola and it took a while before I could let that connection go. That's where I started smelling more of the florals and a slight animalic warmth. In essence, this is a rose-oud combination, but it's fruitier and more powdery than the other's that I have tried. It has a hint of the Acqua Di Parma Colonia Oud opening (with the raspberry), but way better, deeper and smoother.

Pinpointing exact notes is hard, some wafts I think of tobacco, some of leather, some of labdanum. The drydown isn't as amazing as the opening, it's very similar, a bit drier, and it loses a bit of the brighness and magic. The sparkling freshness from the opening fades and the scent becomes warmer. Still very enjoyable throughout and I think crowd-pleasing, but maybe not the most unique or special. Given More Than Words' pricepoint, it might be a hard sell, but it's lovely nonetheless. I could see this working in most weather conditions. Most people seem to use this in cold weather, but I think with moderate sprays this could be awesome in warmer weather as well (I'll have to test that out when warmer weather ever reaches The Netherlands). Since it's even more expensive, I don't think this can dethrone Oud Satin Mood on my wishlist, but it surely made the list and I'm likely getting a new sample after I finish this one •

Please follow my IG Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.

Music to my soul
This fragrance is the one that gives me butterflies in my stomach, like when inlove. The combo between fruits and oud is amazing to my nose. I haven't found someone who didn't like it every time i was wearing it

SyddemizardSyddemizard 1 month ago
The typical combo oud-rose with others original notes, than they gives it a new direction. unisex, beast mode and quality
ElysiumElysium 4 months ago
Far and beyond all words. A delicate and sweet rose with a fruity touch. Oud and cistus create a dense side dish, with a salty amber tinge.
JMWeedJMWeed 5 months ago
Slightly sweet and spicy rose feature. The oud/wood tone is very soft. Well blended and outstanding performance.
Basilisk2803Basilisk2803 9 months ago
No compromises, no crowd pleasing - be bold, be yourself - More Then Words - Join The Club!
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
This one has a touch of golden warmth that reminds me of myrrh, although it does not appear in the list of notes.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A slightly leathery, yet dry and dusty floral-woody Fall fragrance, with a challenging spicy fruity-sweet opening. Keep sprays to a minimum!
CrishoffmanCrishoffman 2 years ago
Refined and spicy minimalist rose.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 4 years ago
Interesting rose oud combo. Fruity and delicious. Got some bad reactions from it, but I loved wearing a sample of this one.

by GeorgeMaras
by Cme
by Nashulian
by Nashulian

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Richwood by XerJoff