Casamorati - Lira (2011)

Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff

Casamorati - Lira is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and was released in 2011. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Blood orange, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Rose, Licorice, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesCaramel, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.10.2019

8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Moritz1988
Fruity caramel spring gourmand dream
This scent is definitely not for candy scorners. But if you are looking for an extremely tasty gourmand that, in contrast to many other fragrances of this genus, is also perfectly wearable on springlike days and somewhat cooler summer nights, then Lira from the Casamorati 1888 series is the right choice for you. This is mainly due to the wonderfully juicy and natural looking blood orange, which skilfully loosens up the very sugary sweetness of the caramel vanilla melange especially in the first 1-2 hours and radiates a spring-like yet always distinguished aura.

After the fruity-sweet initial phase, caramel and vanilla begin to assert themselves more and more as the main protagonists of the fragrance. This however - and this is what I particularly like about Lira - without being penetrating or completely exuberant. The gourmand fragrance itself is an absolute dream for all sweet toothers and should not leave the surroundings cold. In any case, the quality of the ingredients used is immediately noticeable.

As far as the occasion is concerned, the fragrance is, in my opinion, predestined for festive evening events, but can still be worn universally without any problems. Only in the summer heat of the day the caramel sweetness is a bit too much.

A tip for the gourmand fans among the men: Even if marked as a ladies fragrance, Lira is for me easily wearable as a (younger) man - as long as you are not into ultra-masculine macho fragrances, of course. All in all, Lira is one of the best gourmands I've ever had under my nose. Only the durability disappoints me a little with about 6-7 hours
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

The song of happiness
As a little kid on the side of the road,
Disappeared in a perfumery,
It didn't suspect from all the happiness,
What a scent she'll love there.
Warn it fruits, flowers, treats?
What dreamy sins they are!
Saw it and found it pretty quickly,
There was a pretty bottle in the corner.
Sniffed quite timidly at it,
So the madness then began.
And how else is it gonna be,
She called the vial "my"
Xerjoff Lira was the name,
Feels like a real lady,
For sheer joy already sick,
If he's at home in the closet now.
It smells beguiling at home,
So happiness must be forever!

Xerjoff's masterpiece touched me,
6 7 hours seduces me,
All other smells too,
Warm caramel in the belly,

Fruity starts this little smell,
Sweet tart warm fruits.
It gets flowery in the process,
Then the base, I look forward to it,
Sweet stuff, anything you like so much,
Accompanied throughout the day.

Now this beautiful piece ends,
With the advice : treat yourselves to happiness!
7.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Doting Doting Liraic
There are so many declarations of love to Lira here. But I don't care, because now I have to give mine away.

Gourmand scents are always such a thing. I like a lot of them. But rather those who don't smell too "edible". Parfum's that only smell like chocolate pudding with caramel sauce and coconut flakes etc. don't come into my house. If gourmand then something more complex. Mixed with ingredients that make it special, that show up every now and then and freshen up the sweet uniform porridge.

Now I come to Lira.
Lira begins so beautifully sparkling through bergamot and blood orange. But it's pleasantly sweet, lovely. But a hint of lavender plays only a minor role here. Quite easily recognizable and keeps the citrus notes in check. Thank God.
At first I thought to myself, "How? That's a gourmand smell? He's way too lively for that.
But care is required here. You should not be deterred by the top note. The most beautiful part is yet to come.

After a while the fruity one disappears (but is still easily recognizable until the end) and the flowery frog appears. Now Lira goes rather in the oriental direction. He'll be spicy-sweet. While sniffing it reminds me a bit of Addict 2002. But much nicer! Not as "hit it" moderately as Addict. Softer, softer. I like that :)
So he stays for a while, until he sneaks away with caramel and musk fluffy and tasty.

He doesn't have a hell of a situation with me. Yeah, he's holding bomb. On his clothes he can still be smelled the next day and after a working day I'm also asked what a great smell I'm wearing. It is well perceptible but does not knock anyone down.

In my opinion Lira is rather an Oriental that becomes a light gourmand towards the end.
Anyway, Lira is for me one of the most beautiful fragrances I have ever smelled ♥

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

The eternal old lyre!
A new evening, a new comment!
You know, I don't have to tell you that by now, with a few small exceptions there is a new description of the fragrance every day (or every evening, is there actually the word??) as usual. And yes, I'm babbling or talking something here, that's just my thing... who doesn't like it, he or she has to read my Kommis net (but nevertheless they immediately click on "not helpful" without reading,... do you think I wouldn't have noticed that? You nasty, unsympathetic worms! :D).

Well then, I'm going to talk a little about the scent again before I describe how it smells to me. Well... the scent is called lira. This does not mean that the fragrance was named after the Turkish lira or the former Italian lira, but after an ancient plucked instrument, the lyre. Also better known under the term "lyre", which probably led to the development of "the old lyre", which colloquially stands for repeated (sometimes annoying) utterances (similar to my former fear when testing women's scents or my typical phrases like "Boah, you have to smell women delicious to bite with"! and so on :D). Because even the lyre or lyre had only a few strings to play, so that it was usually limited to a few pitches and one had often heard the same or similar, monotonous sounds and melodies.

So much for the lyre, but at least you're all a little smarter now, aren't you? D
But now to the fragrance, which according to the descriptions is supposed to be a kind of star or starlet, which should appear mysterious and provocative in its appearance. Well, let's see!

The fragrance:
The fragrance starts with a great blood orange, which gives a short, citric effect. Then, however, a rather intense, cinnamony-vanilla note appears, which, as always, provides a powdery, soft and sweet scent and also lets the scent of cookies and biscuits and so scents :)
Yes, the fragrance is really delicious :D
Through the lavender one can smell bitter smells, these are however a little weakly precipitated. The vanilla disappears a little into the background from the heart note (but it will surely appear again), so that you can smell the lavender a little better. It also makes the cinnamon smell better, as well as the woody notes and a little later the caramel. And as I said, the vanilla becomes stronger again later.
By the way, the scent is powdery sweet and you can smell the vanilla the most here, but if you smell more at the sprayed place, the tangier scents like lavender appear more intense. I think it's nice that you can still smell nice, fruity scents from the top note in the scent cloud from time to time.
Soo, in the base the scent becomes as expected even more powdery and sweeter, because the vanilla returns now again or it becomes stronger again and smells much stronger, well... just like vanilla :D
Whereby in the base also a little musk is added, and the fragrance not 100% only smells of vanilla, and I think that's good, so at least a small, but fine change is added.
But... how could it be any different, after several hours one really only smells vanilla :D

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The charisma is strong and you leave behind a nice, larger scent cloud, which lasts a while and is therefore good to smell.
The shelf life is very good, the fragrance literally lasts from morning until late evening or even deep into the night, depending on how much you have dosed it.

The bottle:
The bottle is as high quality as ever. It is thin and high and widens in height. It ends at the upper part in an arch and thus looks like an antique column, except that the flacon appears somewhat wider than these columns. On the front you can see a label with a portrait of a woman (the Starlet??). The gilded lid has a beautiful shape and reminds somehow of royal headgear of ancient Lower Egypt. A beautiful bottle, even if the brown colour of the bottle might not please everyone.

Okay, so I think the scent is great. I liked the top note best, because you can smell a nice blood orange, but also the rest of the fragrance is of course very beautiful. The scent is vanilla-heavy as usual, whereby the fruity notes from the beginning can be smelled in the scent cloud a little later, and the scent does not immediately smell of vanilla at least in the first few hours :)
Besides, he's got pastries like cookies, biscuits or cakes. I like that, even if I shouldn't wear such a scent myself. Still, it's a delicious, pleasant scent that makes you look forward even more to wintery events like Christmas, or at least makes winter more bearable if you should be a snow hater (yes, I said "hater", not snow hare :DD) Some of you don't like the cold days! Although somewhat understandable, I find them more bearable than brutal summer days, especially during a heat wave...).

Well, of course the fragrance is usable especially in winter (or autumn), it can be used as a low-dose everyday fragrance or as a deliciously biteable scent (I told you, that's my saying, my old lyre!).

Well, I think you could try the scent for a change. The only criticism is that it's not really worth the price. Because, as I said, you smell a lot of vanilla, but so many other fragrances also smell, and that at a much cheaper price and also high quality and good. Here you probably just pay for the brand, so to speak... like with some Roja or Amouage fragrances, hopefully you know what I mean. That everything is high quality, but should be clear here, of course, so fans of the brand or those who want it can gladly test and access :)

Well, that's that, then. For today. See you tomorrow! :D

07012000 2 years ago
Very rich vanilla scent that lasts all day perfectly!For me it smells like Cuir Belugaand Aura Sublime(without citrus)Worth trying it!!+7
Lexa 3 years ago
Sweet caramel with vanilla and just a hint of blood orange.With all these new formulations,post 2014,all the fragrances lost many notes.+1
Hermesh 4 years ago
Caramel with creamy rich delicious vanilla and some grassy notes. Despite all the sweetness is soft and tender.+2

by DavidBraz
by Silverrain
by Twinkle
by Twinkle

Popular XerJoff

Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Erba Pura by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Casamorati - Fiore d'Ulivo by XerJoff Wardasina / Rosso Afgano by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Blue Hope by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff