Shooting Stars - Nio 2009

Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff
Shooting Stars - Nio is a popular perfume by XerJoff for men and was released in 2009. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Jacques Flori

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Spices, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Nutmeg, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Patchouli, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.01.2021.

The citrus grail
Xerjoff Nio is a perfect example where price meets expectations. This perfume also sets the bar so extremely high for other citrus fragrances, it isn't even fun anymore.

The citrus in Nio is pleasant and revined. The opening is beautiful. It takes me immediately to the Italian beach. It sparkles, radiates and it's shines like the Italian mid-summer sun.

I prefer wearing it on special events only, so Nio can be a treat for me and the (special) people around me. Perfumes should be shared with other and shouldnt be solely for our own pleasure. The boost of Nio is perfect for achieving that goal.

Strong performer with a captivating scent trail.

Projection - 8.5
Scent - 10
Longevity - 9:, which is extra-ordinarily high for a citrus perfume.
Compliments - 10
Warilol
Luxury citrus cleaner for enthusiasts
Granted, somehow my title is mean, how dare I associate such an expensive and valuable fragrance with a toilet cleaner, shame on my head!
Rarely have I experienced a deart juicy and tangy opening with a citrus scent, which at the same time also comes across as unprecedentedly natural, before that I pull out my capy.
I could describe the course of the scent even further and tell the same story as the previous speakers, but I stop here and come to my criticism.

To me, Nio seems too harsh, even aggressive. The opening definitely has something of a citrus cleaner, somehow obvious if you interpret the lemon so juicy. From a craftsman's point of view this fragrance is a gem, as a wearable perfume I see it for me personally rather less.

The lemon is too hot for me, the scent of the whole is not manly enough. As a co-criterion comes then unfortunately still the steep price: 250 € for 50 ml, there I am out and rather reach for Dior Homme Cologne.

Nio may be better craftsmanship, but Dior's beauty is for me more tame and sociable, simply more practical
Thanks to my electoral princes of Mannheim for the bottling:)

Xerjoff Nio
I hadn't realised that I didn't upload this review here. It is nearly a couple of years old now, but my thoughts are pretty much the same. Hope you find it useful. Thank you. ........... ,

The Serious One
A major dilemma of fresh and especially of citric fragrances is their usually limited shelf life. Either you get along with it and have to spray more often, or you compromise that the fragrance develops in a completely different direction. Or one wears Nio, because this manages to maintain a citrus-green aura for a few hours without weakening the projection.

DaveGahan101 has already said a lot about the fragrance itself with which I fully agree. Nio is not a playful perfume, associated with special emotions or sensuality, but one that conveys seriousness and cleanliness. These qualities are, of course, particularly due to the long dominating neroli note, which has the said hesperidic and green properties. The spices are finely woven here, so that the pepper does not scratch the nose, but only adds a nuance of pungency. I can still see nutmeg at its best here and cardamom is just as natural and absolutely unsweet to guess. Usually I don't like a soapy note, but in XerJoff's creation, fortunately, it's only slightly present. Because only dry arranged woods are noticeable in the base, which in my opinion convey an almost too uncompromising impression. This bitterness certainly benefits the wearer at high temperatures, but a little more heat would have made Nio better for me.

Besides this point of criticism, I would only criticize the price, which is set rather high for a fragrance that I would rather classify as office-suitable, masculine. The shelf life is ideal (a good eight hours), with only the woody base and some spice remaining in the last few hours. Despite the completely missing sweetness and the clearly bright orientation of the fragrance it can also convince in the external effect. And that makes Nio more than just a summer scent. If you are tired of the heavy scents in the cold seasons, this is the best way to relax.

More than a perfume
I don't know how to write a review for this precious perfume. Although Nio is not a very complicated perfume like Nabucco's, it smells like a world. It is one of the greatest I have ever tried. To me it smells like an Italian gentleman who sits in a Jazz bar drinking and smoking a very good-smelling cigarette. Nio is a perfect choice for those who want to shine like a star in a crowded place.

Liquid Gold
I usually don't write reviews or anything, but for Nio I just have to. Great and amazing fragrances don't necessarily have to be complex. One way a fragrance can be great is by taking simple ingredients composing it with the utmost quality. Nio is simple, it opens with a blast of green notes along with bergamot. I usually dislike bergamot because it can easily smell like dishwashing liquid/cleaning products (this fact along with Summer heat + sweat makes the typical fragrances of this genre a nightmare). In Nio, the bergamot is photo-realistic, in the same way Orange Sanguine has a natural smelling blood-orange note. After a while you can smell some nice lush neroli. Neroli as Roja Dove says, easily puts a smile on your face. The drydown is very nice and woody. If you could liquefy the sun on a bright spring day, along with the energetic and positive feelings associated with it the result would be Nio. Nio has great projection for a citrus fragrance and is very long lasting as it has 31% perfume content. Add the high quality in with its performance and you can see why Nio is a winner in my book.
2.5
2.5

Abbrevation
Oh, NIO, one of the aftershave-type fragrances, let me reveal your secret recipe: take fresh iceberg lettuce, rosemary, thyme, shake it with two handfuls of vetiver, serve it on a softly shining metal base... Bon appetite!

The color is blue beyond the dark green shade of pine. Chypre, citrus, pine – such type of fragrances, which congeal my heart and makes a perfume inaccessible and strange for my nose. I believe, that my feelings cause such shy sillage and cutty durability on my skin, since others who rated sillage and longevity, gave rather good points.

NIO is simply not my taste. They are close relatives with NINFEO MIO, not only in their names.

KimJongKimJong 4 months ago
The big projection is rather a disadvantage in Nio's case. Like Clive Christian L for Men, it is also a piece of art, but difficult to wear.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
It opens with a pungent bergamot with the greenness of vetiver. Then, it stays citrusy but with a nice neroli and jasmine. In the base, wood
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 6 months ago
A very clean and fresh green-citric Summer fragrance, balanced by a gentle spicy-woody base. Nice performance, yet over-hyped.

by Amirdoust
by Twocents
by Kec25
by Kec25

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff