Opera

Opera by XerJoff
Opera is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesFruity notes, Turkish rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylang, Nutmeg, Leather, Ambergris
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Haitian vetiver, Musk

Submitted by Lilienfeld, last update on 21.04.2021.

The scent was integrated into the Xerjoff collection "V" in 2019.

Dancing on a String
What does a masterpiece need?

First, it needs a sensitive composition of a "conductor" who knows his craft. But above all, such a fragrance must spark images, open their own soul like a book.

There are plenty of images in the fragrance "Opera" by Chris Maurice: a lyrical kiss in the haze of the dark night; farewell moments behind closed eyes burning on my hands and lips; a river full of lovesick arias tinged with shadows of farewell.

Christian Carbonnel a.k.a. Chris Maurice comes from the most prestigious perfume family in Spain. Thus, Christian grew up in the world of perfumery and thanks to his father Francisco Carbonnel, the passion and talent to create exceptional fragrances were literally born in his cradle. "Nefs", "Erba Pura", "Camel", "Malvs" are just a few of his excellent creations. Many will follow, I am sure. Christian is so very "out-of-the-box", so I expect many more jewels.

The opening is already very opera-like, a heavy curtain reveals a brilliant start, which smells very unusual: subliminally compressed fruity notes floating with rose petals in an old barrique barrel. Already here small indefinable fragrance particles swim along, which will not leave my nose until the end. These notes behave like tiny pheromonal fragrance particles that hold the wild mess together and give the whole fragrance only a sense.

"Opera is not just a night out scent. Opera you spray on, if you intend something more than just "togetherness and holding hands". "Opera" is wicked and a little "trashy", a scent of apostatic lust without a hint of moderation.

The longevity of the fragrance is monstrous, it also follows countless twists and spins in the fragrance development. The sensuality of the scent is further underpinned with earthy, rooty notes that kick in after about five hours.

After DeepRiver's really cool review, it's really hard to say anything else about the fragrance that would reveal more than DR has already so clearly and wittily stated. I fully share his opinion, no fruit type is individually smellable here or even vetiver and musk. What is clearly perceptible, however, are compounds of notes whose whiff smells of carnal desire. The fragrance leaves a stamp not only for days, it is almost a tattoo that remains.

"Opera" is a bit like "dancing on a string", the scent can quickly seem over the top. For me, however, "Opera" is a sinful essence that sighs deeply and longingly lascivious on my shiny skin: A masterpiece.
Fruity-luxurious
The name fits here perfectly to the fragrance- big, loud, in your face, absolute masterpiece! A very luxurious fragrance and in terms of H+S Xerjoff- typically top!
Very fruity, but not pappsüß- fruity, but noble- fruity. I recognize beside it also the musk, a light spice and also light sweetness. Everything seems very balanced, especially the fruity notes to highlight so fancy I find absolutely unique. It reminds me of some fragrance from my childhood, probably from my mother, only which one?! Anyway, she loves the fragrance too.
Has for me in any case a vintage character. Could imagine him therefore well on a super chic, frilly older lady. Even if I'm the opposite of that, comes to my collection!

Razvanyke
What a floral beauty, more feminine than unisex
I am the lucky owner of a bottle of this beautiful perfume and since this morning I am sniffing it on every possible surface, paper stripe, clothes and skin. It is a bit harsh, hair spray in the opening but after 10 - 15 minutes it becomes such a beautiful floral smell, like when you are in a sunny day in a park full with flowers and the wind gives you a whift of that.

It reminds me of summer, of sun in the eyes and no worries .. I am not sure what the fruity notes are but I definitely feel them. I have tried this perfume in an airport, during Corona times, and it was on my jacket since December .. now in Feb it is still noticeable.

A bit of patchouli and vanilla are coming out also and I simply adore how easy are they mixed together. The bottle came with the top off and dripped some ml on the black velvet so Xerjoff quality controls sometimes are not the best, but overall the experience is great.

Maybe is just my impression but it is quite similar with Amouage - Reflection Man.

The price is too high, like with all the Xerjoffs but I do expect crazy longevity so that will compensate.
Absolutely overwhelming
....I have to do something good for myself every now and then, and then I go to look for a new scent. As for the great niche fragrances, I discovered them for myself about 2 years ago. I used to think that Douglas' offer was the end of the story. Since then I have the feeling someone would have turned on the light:-))
But now to Opera - already the name makes great expectations, as does the flacon. The comments here have made me so curious that I made a blind purchase, it was a damn good offer, dared.
As always, I could hardly wait until the parcel messenger finally arrived at the door. After that I literally fall over the packages and can't get them up fast enough.
Then finally the first sprayer on the wrist .... I take something herbaceous unsweet was and first disappointed. However, I know that several tests are always necessary for me. So I tried it again after 2 days and I was rewarded.
The scent gets better from time to time, no that's understated, more grandiose. I couldn't list all the things I perceive now, I take the smell was too complex for that.
As for shelf life, I can say it's gigantic for me. I take the scent even after days on my pillow was. I can say the same thing about Sillage. One is clearly perceptible and should dose the fragrance sparingly.
It is absolutely a fragrance for the big performance, but also just for me to enjoy.
Stanze
With roses and vanilla at the opera
Soon I'll be singing two arias at a music school festival, one of which is "Se tu m'ami." The text: "Se tu m'ami, se sospiri" for example "If you love me, if you sigh..." occurred to me when I read the description in the comments to this perfume. So I had to try it out and had a bottling done.

According to the official description (at essenza-nobile, the official website mentioned above doesn't work for me) a prince from the south appears in an orchard. (Well, I don't think of princes at all.) Then a businessman overwhelms the princess (aha) with all the stuff from the heart note. (I now have to think spontaneously of Asterix and Cleopatra, where an architect is showered with gold until only the tail of his tail peeps out. Probably the princess doesn't bow and her crown looks out. Anyway, I wouldn't want to be bombarded with leather anyway.) Then there is a wedding and the stuff from the base note is given away. Some beams of cedar wood? (Romance is not my thing..)

How does Opera smell? I tested it on myself and on family tester M, who only rarely allows me to spray him. That means he liked Opera very much on me. The top note handed us both a fruit basket, which we had to pass on to the other opera-goers. Then both of us were enveloped in the scent of roses. But this is where the differences began. In my case, the rose fragrance was immediately underlaid with ylang-ylang and leather. M, on the other hand, smelled clean of roses and vanilla. The vanilla remained with me in the background, but then the Vetiver really cut quite pure. At M the vetiver appeared later and didn't seem so dark, it was kept in check more by musk.
To Summarize: I quickly have a very opulent - I would have said almost pompous - smell, which may seem noble, but which you can only wear in opera, or even better, if you perform yourself. I can't really love it. Too noble for my everyday life. With M, however, a fragrance suitable for everyday use, clean and deep at the same time for the special man. You can even sigh.

Projection is rather strong, therefore not suitable for work. But not dangerous when used sparingly. The durability is good, sufficient also for the ring of the Nibelungen.

The price is not exactly low and therefore my small bottling, which I will only bring out for special occasions, is enough for me personally. Unless I spray M with it. You'll see.

Opera addiction
The Scala from Milano in a bottle.I really have no intention to put this perfume in top 10 of all out there,but it certainly deserves a good place.Been testing a whole bunch of fruity floral scents and have bought my fair share of good and not so good fragrances,but I tell ya folks,Opera is an amazing perfume.The fruits and flowers linked by the one and only ambergris,and that touch of musk and leather makes Opera an unisex scent,even though i just can't see it on a man.It also comes with the Sospiro territory of huge sillage and great longevity.Superb!

MariaSMariaS 3 months ago
It smells elegance. Its an intense, classy meshmerizing smell, I can describe it as floral woody soapy.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
Fruity and fresh opening (melon, apple) with rose. Then it settles to a more floral scent with nutmeg. Sweet, woodsy. Very strong projection
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 1 year ago
This perfume is rather strange. I like it on the air, but on close sniff it really smells like a cleaning product. The nutmeg is TOO strong!

by Felsn
by Felsn
by Malaga
by Malaga
by Alexis66
by Alexis66

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff