Opera

Opera by XerJoff
Opera is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesFruity notesFruity notes
VanillaVanilla
CedarwoodCedarwood
Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver
MuskMusk

Submitted by Lilienfeld, last update on 15.09.2021.

The scent was integrated into the Xerjoff collection "V" in 2019.

Lilitu
A confession or je ne regrette rien
I confess. No, I must confess.

First, I sniffed this yet very specific fragrance DNA in a sample of a fragrance twin. Yes , it is so - a fragrance twin. I tried a fragrance twin. What more can I say about it? I can literally hear the outcries of outrage. To my credit, I can only add one thing. I did not know what fragrance this was. At the time, I didn't know the brand Xerjoff, nor the term niche fragrances. I was at the beginning of my rediscovered passion for fragrances.

During an order, this fragrance twin sample fell into my hands. Without great expectations, I sprayed the fragrance on my wrist. Wow.
First of all, I was struck by how strong this fragrance was compared to the other fragrance samples. I didn't even have to sniff my wrist to notice it. I had never smelled such a complex composition before. It was simply love at first sight. I had to order this fragrance twin. Immediately.
That was not enough for me, not by a long shot. Because my curiosity was aroused. I researched this wonderful fragrance and was shocked to discover that it is one of those expensive niche fragrances that I had not heard of until now. Thus, I had no choice but to get me first only a bottling of the original.

How could it be otherwise, since I have already fallen in love with his little brother, Opera overwhelmed me - even more complex, more intense, longer lasting - simply stunningly beautiful and noble.

To smell out individual fragrance notes almost impossible. First, a slightly fruity note embedded in the rose scent with a dash of citrus. Somewhere I read that this could be bergamot. The spices like nutmeg and patchouli rise up and aromatize the sweet fruit-flower melange.
Opera is classified as floral-spicy on Parfumo. However, for me, a fine powdery note comes in addition. Something indescribably elegant and fine. All woven together by a balsamic note, which gives the elegant composition still something delicately warm pulsating.
In the end, all the components come together. The flowers and fruity notes step discreetly into the background. The spices are enclosed by the woods, embedded in the warm vanilla and as a little icing on the cake is still a slightly fresh, green element added.

Opera - yes, the name fits. Opera provides a stage for tender love stories, dramatic separations and strong emotions. Wrapped in this fragrance, opera-goers not only enjoy the poignant spectacle, but are a part of it.

Bottom line, "Je ne regrette rien."
I don't regret having tested the fragrance twin, because without it I would never have known the original. Now I'm waiting impatiently until a perfumery takes pity on me and offers Opera at a lower price. I'm afraid I'll have to be very, very patient for that.
the sound of music
"An opera begins long before the curtain goes up and ends long after it has come down It starts in my imagination, it becomes my life and it stays part of my life long after I've left the opera house."
This unanimous statement came from Maria Callas; she knew what she was talking about.

So also Xerjoffs "Opera" begins not with the first spray, the first sniff and discovery; but already with the tasteful packaging and the flacon worth seeing: the house of Xerjoff gives the honor!
Curiosity and anticipation are both aroused and can thus enjoy this opulent, sounding work of art from the first fragrance note.

The overture of this opus begins with fresh ripe fruit; the south sends its greetings!

A deliciously filled fruit basket, which is in the midst of the full bloom and fragrance of a rose garden; so the fragrance notes can unite and rise right at the beginning to a wonderful chord.
The first two acts are balsamic filled with resinous spice and golden glow.
Nutmeg and leather appear immediately and not too shy, in continuing supporting roles. For these two nuances are fully absorbed in the grand finale.
The golden and pale yellow rays are conjured by precious ambergris and sensual cheerful ylang-ylang.
Thus, deep fragrance dark and bright sparkle meet full of harmony, before "Opera" gets ready for the almost classic finale.
In strong tones, vetiver and patchouli now arrive on the fragrance stage: both complement each other in their earthy beauty and joyfully await the special cedar scent, which is also not long in coming and now lets this composition head for the climax.
This appears here in the warm, soft sensuality of musk and vanilla.
You could almost believe Venus and her entourage hovering over the fragrance stage.

Thus, "Opera" develops voluminously, full of sound and virtuosity, with all the pomp and fanfare of the great Italian opera.
This fragrance loves the big stage, likes to be the center of attention and basks in the applause.

Like this particular kind of music, you have to appreciate "Opera" with all its facets, otherwise this fragrance creation just seems loud and artificial!
Warning: in this case, you should be blessed with patience: because "Opera" is long-lasting and treats at most very small breaks in between.

Xerjoff has created here a fine piece of fragrance art, which lives up to its name.

I like this grand opera in the fragrance and I am now curious whether I would like from this brand probably also "Soprano".
I think almost yes; because we share the love of Italian music and fragrance art
Nadiiine
A special, for me new fragrance DNA
You are special! Meanwhile, I have already tested some Xerjoff fragrances and found pleasure in many. Today my bottling arrived and I could hardly wait. My expectations were very high due to the positive feedback - and it hit the mark (literally, because the bottle matches my statement) I was jumping around my living room with joy because it is so good! So special. I actually haven't smelled this DNA before. It has a character all its own and is anything but ordinary . The opening alone is insane: fruity, creamy, sweet (but not oversweet) and I get the nutmeg too. As time goes on, the fruitiness and sweetness lessens and the other scents come out, sometimes more sometimes less. I notice the rose every now and then, but it is not present. Here is for me the point where I find myself really hard to find the appropriate description and also my expertise is not yet too well matured.

One thing is certain: this fragrance is insanely complex and you really experience a great fragrance experience. In my opinion, it is definitely unisex and is worth testing. H+S = Beastmode. I'm already looking forward to wearing it at a special event and just the thought makes me feel insanely classy. Xerjoff did a great job again, beautiful
MarkoGr
The elegant lady in the rose garden
Have me without a premonition ordered this fragrance as a sample, just to try out new fragrances, and I must say I'm gobsmacked. I will definitely give this to my mother for her next birthday. From my perspective, this fragrance is the best fragrance for elegant ladies I have ever smelled.

The fragrance is classified as unisex, however, I personally find it difficult to assign the fragrance to a man. The Turkish rose stands out strongly in this fragrance, making it too feminine for me to wear by myself.

My olfactory senses take here as good as no synthetics was, he smells just natural ... just like an elegant lady in the rose garden.

Dancing on a String
What does a masterpiece need?

First, it needs a sensitive composition of a "conductor" who knows his craft. But above all, such a fragrance must spark images, open their own soul like a book.

There are plenty of images in the fragrance "Opera" by Chris Maurice: a lyrical kiss in the haze of the dark night; farewell moments behind closed eyes burning on my hands and lips; a river full of lovesick arias tinged with shadows of farewell.

Christian Carbonnel a.k.a. Chris Maurice comes from the most prestigious perfume family in Spain. Thus, Christian grew up in the world of perfumery and thanks to his father Francisco Carbonnel, the passion and talent to create exceptional fragrances were literally born in his cradle. "Nefs", "Erba Pura", "Camel", "Malvs" are just a few of his excellent creations. Many will follow, I am sure. Christian is so very "out-of-the-box", so I expect many more jewels.

The opening is already very opera-like, a heavy curtain reveals a brilliant start, which smells very unusual: subliminally compressed fruity notes floating with rose petals in an old barrique barrel. Already here small indefinable fragrance particles swim along, which will not leave my nose until the end. These notes behave like tiny pheromonal fragrance particles that hold the wild mess together and give the whole fragrance only a sense.

"Opera is not just a night out scent. Opera you spray on, if you intend something more than just "togetherness and holding hands". "Opera" is wicked and a little "trashy", a scent of apostatic lust without a hint of moderation.

The longevity of the fragrance is monstrous, it also follows countless twists and spins in the fragrance development. The sensuality of the scent is further underpinned with earthy, rooty notes that kick in after about five hours.

After DeepRiver's really cool review, it's really hard to say anything else about the fragrance that would reveal more than DR has already so clearly and wittily stated. I fully share his opinion, no fruit type is individually smellable here or even vetiver and musk. What is clearly perceptible, however, are compounds of notes whose whiff smells of carnal desire. The fragrance leaves a stamp not only for days, it is almost a tattoo that remains.

"Opera" is a bit like "dancing on a string", the scent can quickly seem over the top. For me, however, "Opera" is a sinful essence that sighs deeply and longingly lascivious on my shiny skin: A masterpiece.
Fruity-luxurious
The name fits here perfectly to the fragrance- big, loud, in your face, absolute masterpiece! A very luxurious fragrance and in terms of H+S Xerjoff- typically top!
Very fruity, but not pappsüß- fruity, but noble- fruity. I recognize beside it also the musk, a light spice and also light sweetness. Everything seems very balanced, especially the fruity notes to highlight so fancy I find absolutely unique. It reminds me of some fragrance from my childhood, probably from my mother, only which one?! Anyway, she loves the fragrance too.
Has for me in any case a vintage character. Could imagine him therefore well on a super chic, frilly older lady. Even if I'm the opposite of that, comes to my collection!

Razvanyke
What a floral beauty, more feminine than unisex
I am the lucky owner of a bottle of this beautiful perfume and since this morning I am sniffing it on every possible surface, paper stripe, clothes and skin. It is a bit harsh, hair spray in the opening but after 10 - 15 minutes it becomes such a beautiful floral smell, like when you are in a sunny day in a park full with flowers and the wind gives you a whift of that.

It reminds me of summer, of sun in the eyes and no worries .. I am not sure what the fruity notes are but I definitely feel them. I have tried this perfume in an airport, during Corona times, and it was on my jacket since December .. now in Feb it is still noticeable.

A bit of patchouli and vanilla are coming out also and I simply adore how easy are they mixed together. The bottle came with the top off and dripped some ml on the black velvet so Xerjoff quality controls sometimes are not the best, but overall the experience is great.

Maybe is just my impression but it is quite similar with Amouage - Reflection Man.

The price is too high, like with all the Xerjoffs but I do expect crazy longevity so that will compensate.
Absolutely overwhelming
....I have to do something good for myself every now and then, and then I go to look for a new scent. As for the great niche fragrances, I discovered them for myself about 2 years ago. I used to think that Douglas' offer was the end of the story. Since then I have the feeling someone would have turned on the light:-))
But now to Opera - already the name makes great expectations, as does the flacon. The comments here have made me so curious that I made a blind purchase, it was a damn good offer, dared.
As always, I could hardly wait until the parcel messenger finally arrived at the door. After that I literally fall over the packages and can't get them up fast enough.
Then finally the first sprayer on the wrist .... I take something herbaceous unsweet was and first disappointed. However, I know that several tests are always necessary for me. So I tried it again after 2 days and I was rewarded.
The scent gets better from time to time, no that's understated, more grandiose. I couldn't list all the things I perceive now, I take the smell was too complex for that.
As for shelf life, I can say it's gigantic for me. I take the scent even after days on my pillow was. I can say the same thing about Sillage. One is clearly perceptible and should dose the fragrance sparingly.
It is absolutely a fragrance for the big performance, but also just for me to enjoy.
Stanze
With roses and vanilla at the opera
Soon I'll be singing two arias at a music school festival, one of which is "Se tu m'ami." The text: "Se tu m'ami, se sospiri" for example "If you love me, if you sigh..." occurred to me when I read the description in the comments to this perfume. So I had to try it out and had a bottling done.

According to the official description (at essenza-nobile, the official website mentioned above doesn't work for me) a prince from the south appears in an orchard. (Well, I don't think of princes at all.) Then a businessman overwhelms the princess (aha) with all the stuff from the heart note. (I now have to think spontaneously of Asterix and Cleopatra, where an architect is showered with gold until only the tail of his tail peeps out. Probably the princess doesn't bow and her crown looks out. Anyway, I wouldn't want to be bombarded with leather anyway.) Then there is a wedding and the stuff from the base note is given away. Some beams of cedar wood? (Romance is not my thing..)

How does Opera smell? I tested it on myself and on family tester M, who only rarely allows me to spray him. That means he liked Opera very much on me. The top note handed us both a fruit basket, which we had to pass on to the other opera-goers. Then both of us were enveloped in the scent of roses. But this is where the differences began. In my case, the rose fragrance was immediately underlaid with ylang-ylang and leather. M, on the other hand, smelled clean of roses and vanilla. The vanilla remained with me in the background, but then the Vetiver really cut quite pure. At M the vetiver appeared later and didn't seem so dark, it was kept in check more by musk.
To Summarize: I quickly have a very opulent - I would have said almost pompous - smell, which may seem noble, but which you can only wear in opera, or even better, if you perform yourself. I can't really love it. Too noble for my everyday life. With M, however, a fragrance suitable for everyday use, clean and deep at the same time for the special man. You can even sigh.

Projection is rather strong, therefore not suitable for work. But not dangerous when used sparingly. The durability is good, sufficient also for the ring of the Nibelungen.

The price is not exactly low and therefore my small bottling, which I will only bring out for special occasions, is enough for me personally. Unless I spray M with it. You'll see.

MariaSMariaS 7 months ago
It smells elegance. Its an intense, classy meshmerizing smell, I can describe it as floral woody soapy.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
Fruity and fresh opening (melon, apple) with rose. Then it settles to a more floral scent with nutmeg. Sweet, woodsy. Very strong projection
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 1 year ago
This perfume is rather strange. I like it on the air, but on close sniff it really smells like a cleaning product. The nutmeg is TOO strong!

by Felsn
by Alexis66
by Alinde
by Alinde

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Accento Overdose by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff