Opera

Opera by XerJoff
Opera is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesFruity notesFruity notes Turkish roseTurkish rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylangYlang-ylang NutmegNutmeg LeatherLeather AmbergrisAmbergris
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli VanillaVanilla CedarwoodCedarwood Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver MuskMusk

Submitted by Lilienfeld, last update on 22.05.2022.

The scent was integrated into the Xerjoff collection "V" in 2019.

The Chameleon
I hardly know a fragrance that presents itself so diversely with ever new, changing facets - and that fits into so many different situations to boot! Opera adapts in my opinion not only different situations, but also moods, weather and seasons. I hope for many more new moments of discovery that lie within this beautiful, velvety soft fragrance egg. Great love!

The long black...
Opera oh Opera, you joy for the senses!
Since I was once again in my perfumery of confidence and sniffed me through the Xerjoff fragrances, suddenly I could not leave my nose from the test strip. I grabbed a pack and marched straight to the cash register.
The Flacon is from the form and from the cap like every Xerjoff, however, this is wrapped with velvet and comes in an elegant black therefore.
The color I let tell me, since the attentive readers know that I'm blind... anyway.
Let's get to the essentials, the scent. Wow, I call that opulent, a terrific opening, fruits, velvet soft, creamy they fill my nose. I imagine also a touch of nougat to perceive. Immediately I have images in my head again, a large dark hall, candlesticks, flickering candles, a deep carried melody creeps into my head. Cushions, covered in velvet, dark, dust in the corners, not much.
A light melody joins in, musk, vanilla, light, tentative. The notes blend into a great composition, opulent, yet playful.
After time, the pleasure becomes softer and more cuddly, the velvet becomes softer, cotton wool, clouds, a dream. Nevertheless, the fragrance does not lose its performance and is even after 10 hours intensely perceived.
My absolute favorite for a chic evening.
Glumanda
A noble fruit chewing gum to kneel down on
After I have tested myself little by little through the Xerjoff fragrances and Erba Pura is absolutely addicted, my girlfriend also wanted such a great, eye-catching and projecting fragrance.
Nothing better than that: from the V collection Soprano, Ouverture and Opera sounded the most promising in terms of fragrance notes.
Do not get me wrong, also Soprano and Ouverture are beautiful fragrances, but after I tested both on my skin, I was at least in terms of fragrance somewhat sobered (H+S in both nevertheless top). A few days later then followed Opera and wow.
Rarely has an opening me so After I have tested myself gradually through the Xerjoff fragrances and Erba Pura is absolutely addicted, my girlfriend also wanted such a great, eye-catching and projecting fragrance.
Rarely has an opening so flashed me: It smells intensely of fruit and by a uniquely smoothe creaminess creates a kind of incredibly high-quality bubblegum scent. Again and again I had to sniff my wrist throughout the day and was delighted to find that this beautiful note stays for a long time. As time goes on, vanilla and musk come through more and more, making the scent even more complete.
I couldn't wait to show my girlfriend the scent. No idea why, but I just ordered a bottle already instinctively.
As expected, my girlfriend was also immediately blown away by the fragrance and could not stop like me to smell the wrist and grin. She also immediately had the bubble gum association and was impressed with the sillage. The perfume smells at her even more wonderful.
When I then told her that I have a bottle next door, the happiness was perfect.
So that as a little story about happiness in advance :D

So again short and sweet:
A very high quality made fruit cocktail that gets even creamier and nicer with time. The vanilla is super delicate. A very complex and loud fragrance
Depending on the skin, the fragrance lasts easily 8-10 hours and is perceptible to the environment over the first 6 hours well over an arm's length.
Opera is declared as unisex, however, I would locate the fragrance rather than feminine.
Since I find the fragrance but so fascinating, I can also imagine him on a beautiful spring or autumn day to wear.
PS: This is my first review.

Hope you could follow my impressions to some extent and perhaps feel a similar joy when sniffing Opera :)
Share your perfume recommendations with me, only through Parfumo and YouTube I have become aware of such beautiful Nieschendüfte like Opera and Erba Pura
Lilitu
A confession or je ne regrette rien
I confess. No, I must confess.

First, I sniffed this yet very specific fragrance DNA in a sample of a fragrance twin. Yes , it is so - a fragrance twin. I tried a fragrance twin. What more can I say about it? I can literally hear the outcries of outrage. To my credit, I can only add one thing. I did not know what fragrance this was. At the time, I didn't know the brand Xerjoff, nor the term niche fragrances. I was at the beginning of my rediscovered passion for fragrances.

During an order, this fragrance twin sample fell into my hands. Without great expectations, I sprayed the fragrance on my wrist. Wow.
First of all, I was struck by how strong this fragrance was compared to the other fragrance samples. I didn't even have to sniff my wrist to notice it. I had never smelled such a complex composition before. It was simply love at first sight. I had to order this fragrance twin. Immediately.
That was not enough for me, not by a long shot. Because my curiosity was aroused. I researched this wonderful fragrance and was shocked to discover that it is one of those expensive niche fragrances that I had not heard of until now. Thus, I had no choice but to get me first only a bottling of the original.

How could it be otherwise, since I have already fallen in love with his little brother, Opera overwhelmed me - even more complex, more intense, longer lasting - simply stunningly beautiful and noble.

To smell out individual fragrance notes almost impossible. First, a slightly fruity note embedded in the rose scent with a dash of citrus. Somewhere I read that this could be bergamot. The spices like nutmeg and patchouli rise up and aromatize the sweet fruit-flower melange.
Opera is classified as floral-spicy on Parfumo. However, for me, a fine powdery note comes in addition. Something indescribably elegant and fine. All woven together by a balsamic note, which gives the elegant composition still something delicately warm pulsating.
In the end, all the components come together. The flowers and fruity notes step discreetly into the background. The spices are enclosed by the woods, embedded in the warm vanilla and as a little icing on the cake is still a slightly fresh, green element added.

Opera - yes, the name fits. Opera provides a stage for tender love stories, dramatic separations and strong emotions. Wrapped in this fragrance, opera-goers not only enjoy the poignant spectacle, but are a part of it.

Bottom line, "Je ne regrette rien."
I don't regret having tested the fragrance twin, because without it I would never have known the original. Now I'm waiting impatiently until a perfumery takes pity on me and offers Opera at a lower price. I'm afraid I'll have to be very, very patient for that.
the sound of music
"An opera begins long before the curtain goes up and ends long after it has come down It starts in my imagination, it becomes my life and it stays part of my life long after I've left the opera house."
This unanimous statement came from Maria Callas; she knew what she was talking about.

So also Xerjoffs "Opera" begins not with the first spray, the first sniff and discovery; but already with the tasteful packaging and the flacon worth seeing: the house of Xerjoff gives the honor!
Curiosity and anticipation are both aroused and can thus enjoy this opulent, sounding work of art from the first fragrance note.

The overture of this opus begins with fresh ripe fruit; the south sends its greetings!

A deliciously filled fruit basket, which is in the midst of the full bloom and fragrance of a rose garden; so the fragrance notes can unite and rise right at the beginning to a wonderful chord.
The first two acts are balsamic filled with resinous spice and golden glow.
Nutmeg and leather appear immediately and not too shy, in continuing supporting roles. For these two nuances are fully absorbed in the grand finale.
The golden and pale yellow rays are conjured by precious ambergris and sensual cheerful ylang-ylang.
Thus, deep fragrance dark and bright sparkle meet full of harmony, before "Opera" gets ready for the almost classic finale.
In strong tones, vetiver and patchouli now arrive on the fragrance stage: both complement each other in their earthy beauty and joyfully await the special cedar scent, which is also not long in coming and now lets this composition head for the climax.
This appears here in the warm, soft sensuality of musk and vanilla.
You could almost believe Venus and her entourage hovering over the fragrance stage.

Thus, "Opera" develops voluminously, full of sound and virtuosity, with all the pomp and fanfare of the great Italian opera.
This fragrance loves the big stage, likes to be the center of attention and basks in the applause.

Like this particular kind of music, you have to appreciate "Opera" with all its facets, otherwise this fragrance creation just seems loud and artificial!
Warning: in this case, you should be blessed with patience: because "Opera" is long-lasting and treats at most very small breaks in between.

Xerjoff has created here a fine piece of fragrance art, which lives up to its name.

I like this grand opera in the fragrance and I am now curious whether I would like from this brand probably also "Soprano".
I think almost yes; because we share the love of Italian music and fragrance art
Nadiiine
A special, for me new fragrance DNA
You are special! Meanwhile, I have already tested some Xerjoff fragrances and found pleasure in many. Today my bottling arrived and I could hardly wait. My expectations were very high due to the positive feedback - and it hit the mark (literally, because the bottle matches my statement) I was jumping around my living room with joy because it is so good! So special. I actually haven't smelled this DNA before. It has a character all its own and is anything but ordinary . The opening alone is insane: fruity, creamy, sweet (but not oversweet) and I get the nutmeg too. As time goes on, the fruitiness and sweetness lessens and the other scents come out, sometimes more sometimes less. I notice the rose every now and then, but it is not present. Here is for me the point where I find myself really hard to find the appropriate description and also my expertise is not yet too well matured.

One thing is certain: this fragrance is insanely complex and you really experience a great fragrance experience. In my opinion, it is definitely unisex and is worth testing. H+S = Beastmode. I'm already looking forward to wearing it at a special event and just the thought makes me feel insanely classy. Xerjoff did a great job again, beautiful
MarkoGr
The elegant lady in the rose garden
Have me without a premonition ordered this fragrance as a sample, just to try out new fragrances, and I must say I'm gobsmacked. I will definitely give this to my mother for her next birthday. From my perspective, this fragrance is the best fragrance for elegant ladies I have ever smelled.

The fragrance is classified as unisex, however, I personally find it difficult to assign the fragrance to a man. The Turkish rose stands out strongly in this fragrance, making it too feminine for me to wear by myself.

My olfactory senses take here as good as no synthetics was, he smells just natural ... just like an elegant lady in the rose garden.

Dancing on a String
What does a masterpiece need?

First, it needs a sensitive composition of a "conductor" who knows his craft. But above all, such a fragrance must spark images, open their own soul like a book.

There are plenty of images in the fragrance "Opera" by Chris Maurice: a lyrical kiss in the haze of the dark night; farewell moments behind closed eyes burning on my hands and lips; a river full of lovesick arias tinged with shadows of farewell.

Christian Carbonnel a.k.a. Chris Maurice comes from the most prestigious perfume family in Spain. Thus, Christian grew up in the world of perfumery and thanks to his father Francisco Carbonnel, the passion and talent to create exceptional fragrances were literally born in his cradle. "Nefs", "Erba Pura", "Camel", "Malvs" are just a few of his excellent creations. Many will follow, I am sure. Christian is so very "out-of-the-box", so I expect many more jewels.

The opening is already very opera-like, a heavy curtain reveals a brilliant start, which smells very unusual: subliminally compressed fruity notes floating with rose petals in an old barrique barrel. Already here small indefinable fragrance particles swim along, which will not leave my nose until the end. These notes behave like tiny pheromonal fragrance particles that hold the wild mess together and give the whole fragrance only a sense.

"Opera is not just a night out scent. Opera you spray on, if you intend something more than just "togetherness and holding hands". "Opera" is wicked and a little "trashy", a scent of apostatic lust without a hint of moderation.

The longevity of the fragrance is monstrous, it also follows countless twists and spins in the fragrance development. The sensuality of the scent is further underpinned with earthy, rooty notes that kick in after about five hours.

After DeepRiver's really cool review, it's really hard to say anything else about the fragrance that would reveal more than DR has already so clearly and wittily stated. I fully share his opinion, no fruit type is individually smellable here or even vetiver and musk. What is clearly perceptible, however, are compounds of notes whose whiff smells of carnal desire. The fragrance leaves a stamp not only for days, it is almost a tattoo that remains.

"Opera" is a bit like "dancing on a string", the scent can quickly seem over the top. For me, however, "Opera" is a sinful essence that sighs deeply and longingly lascivious on my shiny skin: A masterpiece.
Fruity-luxurious
The name fits here perfectly to the fragrance- big, loud, in your face, absolute masterpiece! A very luxurious fragrance and in terms of H+S Xerjoff- typically top!
Very fruity, but not pappsüß- fruity, but noble- fruity. I recognize beside it also the musk, a light spice and also light sweetness. Everything seems very balanced, especially the fruity notes to highlight so fancy I find absolutely unique. It reminds me of some fragrance from my childhood, probably from my mother, only which one?! Anyway, she loves the fragrance too.
Has for me in any case a vintage character. Could imagine him therefore well on a super chic, frilly older lady. Even if I'm the opposite of that, comes to my collection!

Razvanyke
What a floral beauty, more feminine than unisex
I am the lucky owner of a bottle of this beautiful perfume and since this morning I am sniffing it on every possible surface, paper stripe, clothes and skin. It is a bit harsh, hair spray in the opening but after 10 - 15 minutes it becomes such a beautiful floral smell, like when you are in a sunny day in a park full with flowers and the wind gives you a whift of that.

It reminds me of summer, of sun in the eyes and no worries .. I am not sure what the fruity notes are but I definitely feel them. I have tried this perfume in an airport, during Corona times, and it was on my jacket since December .. now in Feb it is still noticeable.

A bit of patchouli and vanilla are coming out also and I simply adore how easy are they mixed together. The bottle came with the top off and dripped some ml on the black velvet so Xerjoff quality controls sometimes are not the best, but overall the experience is great.

Maybe is just my impression but it is quite similar with Amouage - Reflection Man.

The price is too high, like with all the Xerjoffs but I do expect crazy longevity so that will compensate.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
Initially fresh and soapy fruity-floral, a sweet and powdery, spicy fruity-floral Fall fragrance, balanced by a smooth leathery-woody base.
MariaSMariaS 1 year ago
It smells elegance. Its an intense, classy meshmerizing smell, I can describe it as floral woody soapy.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Fruity and fresh opening (melon, apple) with rose. Then it settles to a more floral scent with nutmeg. Sweet, woodsy. Very strong projection
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
This perfume is rather strange. I like it on the air, but on close sniff it really smells like a cleaning product. The nutmeg is TOO strong!

by Nadiiine
by Stere
by Journey82
by Journey82

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Richwood by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff