Shooting Stars - Oroville 2009

Shooting Stars - Oroville by XerJoff
Shooting Stars - Oroville is a perfume by XerJoff for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCamomile, Clary sage
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Neroli, Orange blossom, Tobacco
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Galbanum, Sandalwood, Vanilla, White musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.11.2019.

Oudless--and beautiful!
I applied XerJoff OROVILLE today a bit warily after my experience of NAJAF, but my concerns were for naught: not a drop of oud anywhere to be sniffed!

Instead, this complex composition packs a pretty punch of galbanum mingling with a few different flowers and what seems like a rich and smooth base. I'm a bit surprised that chamomile and clary sage are in this mix, because the blend does not reveal either of those notes, characteristically difficult especially in the case of chamomile, which sometimes ends up smelling bitter and sour at the same time.

I feel that OROVILLE is somehow familiar, but I cannot decide which perfume it is reminding me of. It's a lighter presentation of galbanum than is found in some classic chypres, but it is still ever-so-slightly twangy. I feel that the greenness has been mellowed and softened by the amber and vanilla, although this is not at all sweet to my nose and it's definitely not an amber perfume--nothing like DHAJALA from this house.

This all sounds quite vague and nondescript, but ultimately I find OROVILLE indescribable, so all I can really say is that I do like it and recommend it for a sniff by those who appreciate galbanum. I hasten to add that this is nothing like Miller Harris TERRE DE BOIS or other super-heavy galbanum perfumes, so those who sometimes find galbanum a difficult wear may be pleasantly surprised by OROVILLE.

I consider this perfume to be entirely unisex and do not know why it has been specified for men.

by WitweBolte
by WitweBolte

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff