Oud Stars - Fars (2012)

Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff

Oud Stars - Fars is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Nagarmotha, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 30.11.2018

Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Self-confident modesty.
Dear friends of oriental fragrances, please don't be angry when I say that this is actually not my fragrance direction... or was as you take it.

My collection contains two Amouages. But both (Silver and Jubilation) I don't feel'typically oriental'. So far I could not get much out of this category, because I was always quite quickly saturated.

But now I have discovered Oud Fars.

At first, its top note seems a bit unharmonious to me, somehow medical. A lavender chord as a prelude to an oriental scent. It smells as confusing to me as the top note of Jubilation XXV, but once you get used to it, it's quite interesting. Nevertheless I think: lavender and bergamot in combination with oud and patchuli is not a must.

But what comes after a few minutes is just a dream. A gentle dream. Balanced, pleasant and yet clearly a child of the Orient. Not sweet, not heavy, but earthy and warm.

Woods of the desert lead a life full of privation, but their scent is, similar to great wines, which have to cope with a lot of rock and little soil, something special. Cheap beauty. You stop and want to sniff again. And again. And many more times. Without getting full.

The top note reminds me of jubilee only because it is similarly confusing. Otherwise, both top notes have nothing in common. But in the base, both scents come very close. Jubilation seems noble, special and mysterious. Oud Fars smells effortless and friendly, but still very valuable. Jubilation seems a little distant. Oud Fars welcomes you in his arms. There's no reason to avoid hugging. Patchuli, sandalwood, cedar and oud. One wants to linger. You feel safe and secure.

Oud Fars is no Sillage monster, but he has enough strength and endurance. He seems masculine to me on the one hand, but is certainly also attractive to every woman. Even a baby could smell like it. A unique, universal beauty. Sexy when it fits. Elegant, if you want it to be. Masculine to the man. Seductive about a woman. Not intrusive, yet present. Self-confident modesty. Wow!
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Lavender Room with Narcotic Oud
What a perfume! An exotic oriental with a rarely-beautiful charisma and with base notes that really have it in them. For me, however, it is above all an excellent lavender scent with a cloud of refined and almost narcotic ouds. Almost everything in the golden-brown, elegant looking bottle (including oud) seems to revolve around this fragrant, green-grey herb with its purple flower panicles. That's how it feels to be a lavender fan. It smells exactly like long uncut, real lavender that woody.

It is well known that roses and lavender harmonize very well with each other and by that I do not only mean the beautiful sight of the two. Roses and lavender complement each other very well also from a horticultural point of view. For such a strongly scented herb keeps pests away, attracts useful insects and covers the thirsty earth with its dense wood. In the meantime I have put the lavender everywhere, not just between the roses, because I simply like it too much when I work in my beds and am always surprised and overwhelmed by the scent of lavender. As often as I squat during gardening, the typical smell rises up my nose again and again. And every time I ask myself spontaneously: What was that then? Oh yes, the lavender...

With OUD STARS - FARS a lavender fragrance has been created that smells just like real lavender that has not been cut back for a long time after its first flowering phase, when it starts to lignify. If you cut it fresh, it smells amazingly good. I find this smell - both in the garden and in the perfume - to be tart, hot, citric, spicy, woody, discreetly sweet-floral and above all very, very beautiful. Both the wood remaining in the soil and the completely dry stalks in my hand give off a very special aroma. A fragrance that I like very much, that does me good and that triggers pleasant associations in me... a feeling of summer, wind and vastness resonates. Yes, even of boundless freedom. Smells of fragrance can lift you up and help you not to experience distress in your own environment as so distressing... At the same time a feeling of security creeps into my heart, which is connected with the memory of my childhood. Because at home Lohse's URALT LAVENDEL was used. Today I still own a small round miniature bottle of it. There's nothing left, but it still smells like before when I open it.

To get to the point: Hardly anything smells as beautiful and persistently beautiful as real lavender. I don't know anything that can compare with lavender. Hmm... at most one or the other rose - I have to admit that.

So: I am enthusiastic about this perfume! Totally thrilled! At first I thought it was a men's fragrance, but now I have changed my mind: it is beautiful for both men and women. I've been dreaming in violet lately, anyway!

The opening is already powerful and radiant: green bergamot, rose geranium, white jasmine and purple lavender blossoms bring bright colours into play. Especially in the first few hours, it looks like a brilliant fireworks display, but is quietly accompanied by tart and woody notes. Then the lavender becomes overwhelming in its sharp-spicy woodiness... it's beautiful! And everything that now gathers around the lavender, especially oud, ambre and patchouli, does it good, brings it to unfold in a beguiling way. Then there's something quite rare: Nagarmotha, a smoked grass with an earthy, oriental-harsh note (I have read about it). I definitely think that the cosy warmth in the perfume comes from the base notes. The whole thing lasts really nice and long on my skin and has exactly the right external effect for my taste: not too much and not too little. I would like to advise everyone who particularly likes lavender and would like to experience it in a new and exotic way to test the fragrance on occasion. Try it is still about studying.

...
Conclusion 1: There are so many nice people here on Parfumo. Today I especially thank one who generously sent me this precious 'lavender water' as a sample.
Conclusion 2: Well, another few seducers of this caliber and I soon end up in the poorhouse.
Oriental & Overpriced
Fars (or “Farts”, as a friend of mine correctly referred to this) opens as a fairly pleasant patchouli-ambergris floral scent with sweet-anisic notes and a juicy-herbal, and slightly fruity touch which kind of reminded me of tea. Sandalwood and vetiver on the base, both quite conventional but pleasant (the sort of “juicy” sweetness may come from sandalwood, probably). That’s it for quite long, also oud-ish somehow, even if it is not listed. Then it slowly becomes more dry, more astringent and decidedly muskier, in a partially pleasant way; the muskiness is “real”, grayish and dusty, but also revealing a synthetic bitterness which won’t go away. Still counter-balanced but sweet-floral and ambery notes. Overall a globally inoffensive musky-earthy-woody scent with floral-sweet nuances, posh and restrained, resembling to any Montale just replacing oud with a patchouli-ambroxan-woods accord. That same kind of synthetic, trendy “elegance” is here too. Conventionally sophisticated, safely uncreative and not particularly distinctive, “smelling expensive” (before than “good”), fairly plastic and utterly pretentious. But long-lasting. The price tag is hilariously pathetic, but if you find it on sale for 30/40 EUR, then it’s worthy the purchase.

5,5-6/10

Hermesh 3 years ago
Oud, combined with nagarmotha, becomes a light, almost citrical, fresh touch. Flowers make agarwood then finally harmless.+1
Bottle 10.0

• Draufgänger by Amourage
  • by Sirchelios by Sirchelios
  • by Splashfrag12 by Splashfrag12

Popular XerJoff

Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Casamorati - Fiore d'Ulivo by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Blue Hope by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Oud Stars - Mamluk by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Dhajala by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff