Oud Stars - Fars 2012

Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff
Top 17 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Stars - Fars is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Nagarmotha, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.09.2020.

A light summer oud
Very light-hearted. A lavender, not a real dry one, yet authentic and not artificial. Notes like bergamot and rose geranium, which do not really come out clearly and give the fragrance its lightness. Unobtrusive and well-dressed - i.e. rather reservedly dosed - oud in the base note. No opulent madness like Alexandria II, rather soft and reserved.

Excellent durability and a 2+ silage.

The Oud Star (tested by me so far) with the greatest summer suitability.

Unfortunately not a particularly great association, but a great scent, that should be enough for me.

Will probably be along with some Rojas at some point in my collection, if I do not care how much money I spend on perfume. Until then, I'll settle for fragrances in this price range that really blow my mind and are not just "great". Recommendation to buy! Cheers
Mischa99
beautiful exotic desert scent as a surprising conclusion
After spraying, you are greeted by a chemical smell that quickly fades and presents woody, fresh and fruity fragrances. The longer the colours are worn, the more a cinnamon note comes through, the overall composition appears very natural and round. Then there was nothing for hours, but to my surprise there was another enchanting fragrance development. Now Fars really turned up the heat and a dusty desert litter was suddenly present: the finish reminded me very much of L'air du Desert Marocian; what a nice surprise. Unfortunately, this fragrance was not as strong as the one mentioned above, but you can't have everything. The silage seemed to me to be rather weak at Fars.
DerDefcon
Damn it! I like that one.
With Xerjoff as a brand, I have reached a point where I say to myself, "No matter how good or sensational it is, it is too expensive. Finished, done, over."

I will probably stick to this statement, because somewhere you have to set a financial limit. Currently "Fars" can be found on the internet for 257,- Euro - for 50ml, mind you. That's about five Euro per Mililiter and that hurts somehow.
Despite the horrendous price I was curious and wanted to test a Xerjoff. The barter deal with the nice and generous perfume "Max1403" was completed quickly and easily and nothing stood in the way of a test. And yes ... damn it! I really like it - what a dilemma.

"Fars" from the "Oud Stars" collection is, according to my nose, a composition that is particularly captivating with lavender and oud. I honestly do not really notice the rose geranium.
In the beginning, the oud and the lavender compete with each other and try to overtake each other olfactorically. Sometimes the oud is dominant, which is dry, clean, but also nice and dark. Later it is again the light, slightly herbaceous, not at all too sweet lavender that "overscents" its woody counterpart. Thus, the first half hour gives the impression of being dealing with an oud-heavy fougère, but this is soon forgotten, because both - the oud and the lavender - get in order and work hand in hand for the next hours.
The not at all miserable, not at all animalistic, or even medical oud unleashes after more than an hour an aura that reminds me a little bit of paper. Maybe I am sitting in a library, too? Mmm... who knows. The wood appears dark, but at the same time very transparent and dry. The lavender, on the other hand, brings a little light into this darkness and rounds off the fragrance in an almost perfect way. This one is not a bit pungent as I know it from other lavender-laden scents. It is rather - let's say - a dried lavender that has retained a little bit of its residual juiciness and that now carefully sprays its subtle aroma in our fictional library in order not to scare off any visitors.

This interaction, which I have just demonstrated, is incredibly successful, perfect, masterly. The oud lets the lavender play and the lavender lets the oud play. It can be that simple. And contrary to what I expected, this composition proves to be suitable for everyday use and socially acceptable, fortunately it does not immediately contaminate whole rooms, buildings or even areas of land. The sillage is perceptible, but never disturbing, and that's surprising inasmuch as here at parfumo.de one reads again and again about Xerjoff fragrances as the space-consuming "warfare agents" par excellence. Well ... doesn't always seem to be the case - fortunately. I don't know if "Fars" would not lose part of its magic if it were as strong as I feared before the test. As it is, we can speak of perfection and also of a very flexible wearable scent characteristic. I can imagine wearing it on special occasions, but also in everyday life - with a shirt or coat if you like. But it also goes well with a rustic leather jacket. "Fars" is simply a universal genius
Self-confident modesty.
Dear friends of oriental fragrances, please don't be angry when I say that this is actually not my fragrance direction... or was as you take it.

My collection contains two Amouages. But both (Silver and Jubilation) I don't feel'typically oriental'. So far I could not get much out of this category, because I was always quite quickly saturated.

But now I have discovered Oud Fars.

At first, its top note seems a bit unharmonious to me, somehow medical. A lavender chord as a prelude to an oriental scent. It smells as confusing to me as the top note of Jubilation XXV, but once you get used to it, it's quite interesting. Nevertheless I think: lavender and bergamot in combination with oud and patchuli is not a must.

But what comes after a few minutes is just a dream. A gentle dream. Balanced, pleasant and yet clearly a child of the Orient. Not sweet, not heavy, but earthy and warm.

Woods of the desert lead a life full of privation, but their scent is, similar to great wines, which have to cope with a lot of rock and little soil, something special. Cheap beauty. You stop and want to sniff again. And again. And many more times. Without getting full.

The top note reminds me of jubilee only because it is similarly confusing. Otherwise, both top notes have nothing in common. But in the base, both scents come very close. Jubilation seems noble, special and mysterious. Oud Fars smells effortless and friendly, but still very valuable. Jubilation seems a little distant. Oud Fars welcomes you in his arms. There's no reason to avoid hugging. Patchuli, sandalwood, cedar and oud. One wants to linger. You feel safe and secure.

Oud Fars is no Sillage monster, but he has enough strength and endurance. He seems masculine to me on the one hand, but is certainly also attractive to every woman. Even a baby could smell like it. A unique, universal beauty. Sexy when it fits. Elegant, if you want it to be. Masculine to the man. Seductive about a woman. Not intrusive, yet present. Self-confident modesty. Wow!
Lavender Room with Narcotic Oud
What a perfume! An exotic oriental with a rarely-beautiful charisma and with base notes that really have it in them. For me, however, it is above all an excellent lavender scent with a cloud of refined and almost narcotic ouds. Almost everything in the golden-brown, elegant looking bottle (including oud) seems to revolve around this fragrant, green-grey herb with its purple flower panicles. That's how it feels to be a lavender fan. It smells exactly like long uncut, real lavender that woody.

It is well known that roses and lavender harmonize very well with each other and by that I do not only mean the beautiful sight of the two. Roses and lavender complement each other very well also from a horticultural point of view. For such a strongly scented herb keeps pests away, attracts useful insects and covers the thirsty earth with its dense wood. In the meantime I have put the lavender everywhere, not just between the roses, because I simply like it too much when I work in my beds and am always surprised and overwhelmed by the scent of lavender. As often as I squat during gardening, the typical smell rises up my nose again and again. And every time I ask myself spontaneously: What was that then? Oh yes, the lavender...

With OUD STARS - FARS a lavender fragrance has been created that smells just like real lavender that has not been cut back for a long time after its first flowering phase, when it starts to lignify. If you cut it fresh, it smells amazingly good. I find this smell - both in the garden and in the perfume - to be tart, hot, citric, spicy, woody, discreetly sweet-floral and above all very, very beautiful. Both the wood remaining in the soil and the completely dry stalks in my hand give off a very special aroma. A fragrance that I like very much, that does me good and that triggers pleasant associations in me... a feeling of summer, wind and vastness resonates. Yes, even of boundless freedom. Smells of fragrance can lift you up and help you not to experience distress in your own environment as so distressing... At the same time a feeling of security creeps into my heart, which is connected with the memory of my childhood. Because at home Lohse's URALT LAVENDEL was used. Today I still own a small round miniature bottle of it. There's nothing left, but it still smells like before when I open it.

To get to the point: Hardly anything smells as beautiful and persistently beautiful as real lavender. I don't know anything that can compare with lavender. Hmm... at most one or the other rose - I have to admit that.

So: I am enthusiastic about this perfume! Totally thrilled! At first I thought it was a men's fragrance, but now I have changed my mind: it is beautiful for both men and women. I've been dreaming in violet lately, anyway!

The opening is already powerful and radiant: green bergamot, rose geranium, white jasmine and purple lavender blossoms bring bright colours into play. Especially in the first few hours, it looks like a brilliant fireworks display, but is quietly accompanied by tart and woody notes. Then the lavender becomes overwhelming in its sharp-spicy woodiness... it's beautiful! And everything that now gathers around the lavender, especially oud, ambre and patchouli, does it good, brings it to unfold in a beguiling way. Then there's something quite rare: Nagarmotha, a smoked grass with an earthy, oriental-harsh note (I have read about it). I definitely think that the cosy warmth in the perfume comes from the base notes. The whole thing lasts really nice and long on my skin and has exactly the right external effect for my taste: not too much and not too little. I would like to advise everyone who particularly likes lavender and would like to experience it in a new and exotic way to test the fragrance on occasion. Try it is still about studying.

...
Conclusion 1: There are so many nice people here on Parfumo. Today I especially thank one who generously sent me this precious 'lavender water' as a sample.
Conclusion 2: Well, another few seducers of this caliber and I soon end up in the poorhouse.

Oriental & Overpriced
Fars (or “Farts”, as a friend of mine correctly referred to this) opens as a fairly pleasant patchouli-ambergris floral scent with sweet-anisic notes and a juicy-herbal, and slightly fruity touch which kind of reminded me of tea. Sandalwood and vetiver on the base, both quite conventional but pleasant (the sort of “juicy” sweetness may come from sandalwood, probably). That’s it for quite long, also oud-ish somehow, even if it is not listed. Then it slowly becomes more dry, more astringent and decidedly muskier, in a partially pleasant way; the muskiness is “real”, grayish and dusty, but also revealing a synthetic bitterness which won’t go away. Still counter-balanced but sweet-floral and ambery notes. Overall a globally inoffensive musky-earthy-woody scent with floral-sweet nuances, posh and restrained, resembling to any Montale just replacing oud with a patchouli-ambroxan-woods accord. That same kind of synthetic, trendy “elegance” is here too. Conventionally sophisticated, safely uncreative and not particularly distinctive, “smelling expensive” (before than “good”), fairly plastic and utterly pretentious. But long-lasting. The price tag is hilariously pathetic, but if you find it on sale for 30/40 EUR, then it’s worthy the purchase.

5,5-6/10

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 11 days ago
A fresh and clean spicy-floral Mid season fragrance, balanced by a warm earthy-woody base. Gentle take on Oud, with Ambergris as a bonus!
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Oud, combined with nagarmotha, becomes a light, almost citrical, fresh touch. Flowers make agarwood then finally harmless.

by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by Infinite
by Infinite
by Käthe28
by Käthe28
by Jensemann
Alle guten Dinge sind Fünf.
Der Star unter den Oud Stars
Der Star unter den Oud Stars
by Fedaie
by Fedaie
Draufgänger
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular XerJoff

Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff