Oud Stars - Fars 2012

Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff
Top 28 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Stars - Fars is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot
OudOud
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.09.2021.

Oud for beginners?
The Xerjoff Fars is incredible...
Next to Al Khatt, Ceylon uvm. the Fars is the ''most western'' from the Collection and opens up to most people.
Opens with a very finely tuned & pleasant lavender, followed by gentle unobtrusive yet strong oud. Hintenraus comes a beautiful rose geranium to the vor schein.
I can recommend the fragrance especially for summer evenings or restaurant visits.

In my opinion, you can give away the Fars without any problems. He will like 8/10 men.

To the durability and Sillage:

The fragrance performs best in my opinion between 5-7 sprays. My motto: More is more.
The sillage, however, is already from 3 spray bumps ingenious. One is perceived, but remains relatively undercover.

I can recommend the fragrance to anyone from an age of about 20. Of course, depends entirely on the outfit
Of Raging Kinskis And Fake Rose Petals
The most fascinating fragrances for me are those that do not directly trigger a reflex to buy. Which, months after the first encounter notwithstanding, creep back into consciousness without any external trigger and say: "I'm still here. You might have to look for half a day. But I'm there. And you should try again." I've written about this in the past, and I'm doing it again now. Often these are the scents that don't fit the familiar pattern and break up the known. The force of habit is stronger than the spirit of discovery at first. But the forward-pressing desire for the new eventually finds its way through the brain into olfactory memory.

I must have had my sample of Fars for over two years. Every few months it comes out of nowhere. The need to seek out Fars again. After the pale memory on which I want to spray again a current impression. Up until now, along with the obvious fascination, there has always been a doubt present as to whether the scent suits me. Slowly, however, I have to admit to myself that I no longer want to escape the spell. The spirit of discovery has triumphed once again. But why is that so?

I've read about comparisons to Jubilation 25 by Amouage. And while the fragrance profiles are really far apart, it makes sense. In both fragrances, the contents are extremely tightly woven. Individual notes are hard to pick out. The famous whole that is more than its parts. There's also the solemnity of demeanor, even if the extroversion is a different one here. And just like the Amouage, something touches me here that I can't quite put into words. That certain je-ne-sais-quoi vibe that every fragrance enthusiast knows from somewhere. That you can't attribute to specific fragrance notes. The sum makes the music here.

Whether Fars really belongs in the family of oud stars is questionable. That it has rather harmed the fragrance, probably. When I read here, Fars is an ordinary rose oud fragrance, the inner Kinski rages. Oud is indeed a not entirely unimportant note here, but it has more of an embracing effect in the background. Rose and rose geranium are also NOT the same thing olfactorily (damn it, but Klaus is starting to calm down). It's more the rose stem, including the leaves, that's been used up here. I'm pretty sensitive to rose scents - here everything blends smoothly into said whole and it doesn't smell classically rose.

So who are the fragrance stars here? Honestly, it's hard to say. The lavender is definitely present. I'm really not a lavender fan, but it's so elegantly tucked away here. So cooling and pure. I can't detect the stated bergamot separately. To me, Fars is an extremely tight interplay of the cool lavender, a woody rose geranium with a bit of vetiver tangled in it, and a dark, bubbling base. At first glance, this sounds like a contradiction that doesn't necessarily go well together. But with Fars, everything just fits. As if it could be different, but it doesn't need to be. The whole thing comes across extremely smooth and almost airy despite an undeniable heaviness. The scent texture really makes me think of silk. As cheesy as it sounds.

As alluded to above, Fars smells really classy and celebratory. Unlike Jubilation 25, however, Fars doesn't need a baroque palace to come through. Fars practices in understatement and can be worn low dosed certainly well in the work environment. A fragrance for people who appreciate beauty but don't want to tattoo that on their forehead. However, Fars can certainly be disguising due to its luxurious appearance. One of the reasons I wasn't quite sure at first. Fars carries something very pleasantly sophisticated - without being too enamored with his own aesthetic. Attractive and thoroughly sexy. Provided the fragrance suits the demeanor of the wearer. For me, the fragrance is rather masculine, but have also read contrary opinions.

Extremely Arabic Fars does not work on me. In a blind test, I would probably not have been able to categorize him in this way. Which is part of the appeal. Either I know too little in the field of Arabic fragrances (possible) or the marketing does the rest. Fars could also be an Arabic interpretation of a French fragrance house. I understand the reference in principle. When you think of oud, you naturally think of Arabic fragrances. However, the whole making of the fragrance reminds me more of French perfumery. I may be wrong, but that's my impression. The longevity is very good, the sillage finely tuned. Fits simply.

So another fragrance has taken its time. Even if the result was probably already determined at the first encounter. The gentle bonds of habit did not want to allow it, for that it is now all the more beautiful. That's why this hobby is so beautiful: because one's own ideas are always challenged. This is the only way to keep the spirit of discovery alive. In a world of raging Kinskis, delicate rose petals and woody rose stems. Actually not so bad.

Ischgelroi
The perfect oud for beginners ?
Xerjoff Fars was next to Acqua di Parma Oud my entry into the world of oud perfumes, and right up front I can really recommend this entry with the previously mentioned perfumes to anyone, especially if I think yuck oud (cow barn). Fars is the first full size oud fragrance that made it into my collection. The reason for this is simple. Fars is a very universal oud fragrance, which can also be worn sparingly dosed in the office, because there is not only oud as a smell here and the fragrance does not slay you.

The next convincing point for the purchase of Fars is for me this light freshness of lavender and bergamot combined with oud. I have really tried several perfumes in this direction including from Dior, but all could not really convince me, or at least not so much that I would buy a bottle of it.

Clearly Fars is not cheap, but for me after longer consideration well worth its price and I would buy Fars again.

Fars offers in my opinion really the perfect entry into the oud world and the most important thing for me here is that here oud is clearly perceptible, which has disturbed me for example in Oud Wood, or Oud for greatness.

The most important argument, however, was that Fars not strongly after rose, saffron or leather, if I smell these three notes, especially together in a fragrance I would like to wash this off most. Unfortunately, you meet this note but in very very many oriental fragrances, which often makes them unwearable
Bāgh-e Eram - The Gardens of Shiraz
Persia - a slowly forgotten empire full of mystical legends, cultural and scientific achievements, impressive architecture, formative art and botany. If you talk about the Persian royal cities, you will definitely get Babylon and Persepolis mentioned with their legendary stories. A lesser known royal city, which served as a seat of power during the times of the Zand dynasty, is Shiraz. Known not only as the birthplace of the ancient Persian royal houses of the Achaemenids and Sassanids, but also as the botanical garden of Persia, Shiraz is located in the southern province of Fars. In addition to the many colorful bazaars, hamams, and architectural masterpieces such as the Shah Cheragh Mosque, the city is most famous for its abundance of flowers and unique rose cultivars. Over the entire city spread gardens and parks from long forgotten times, which thrive in the mild climate and Shiraz in a dress of flowers and blossoms wrap.

I'm not really sure if XerJoff's Fars is meant to pay homage to the southern Iranian province with its beautiful gardens. However, Fars feels to me like a walk through the magnificent Bāgh-e Eram botanical garden in northern Shiraz.

Fars opens very delicately with lovely floral notes, which at first suggest rose, but then turn out to be rose geranium. My first thoughts go in the direction of gentle rose-based soaps from an oriental hamam, but only briefly. After leaving the beautifully laid out flower beds behind, one passes jasmine bushes and enters another corner of the garden. Behind the flowery façade of the rose geraniums, the lavender now appears cooling, which is not dry, but fresh. In a symbiosis with light nuances of white oud, it becomes cooler, deep and woody - similar to a shady spot in the middle of the botany. Near the lavender beds are areas planted with oriental and Asian grass species, which exude an almost earthy aroma. Many species grow there - but from a distance I only recognize Nagarmotha and Vetiver. I sit down on a bench made of precious woods and watch the blossoms and grasses blowing in the warm wind, listen to the splashing of the irrigation systems and let myself be caressed by the warm smells of resins and woods in the shade of the Persian architecture
Fars is in my eyes a thoroughly oriental fragrance, without putting oud in the center of events. Much more the oud used here discreetly underlines the filigree floral chords and harmonizes with the lavender as rarely seen. Bravo!
A light summer oud
Very light-hearted. A lavender, not a real dry one, yet authentic and not artificial. Notes like bergamot and rose geranium, which do not really come out clearly and give the fragrance its lightness. Unobtrusive and well-dressed - i.e. rather reservedly dosed - oud in the base note. No opulent madness like Alexandria II, rather soft and reserved.

Excellent durability and a 2+ silage.

The Oud Star (tested by me so far) with the greatest summer suitability.

Unfortunately not a particularly great association, but a great scent, that should be enough for me.

Will probably be along with some Rojas at some point in my collection, if I do not care how much money I spend on perfume. Until then, I'll settle for fragrances in this price range that really blow my mind and are not just "great". Recommendation to buy! Cheers
Mischa99
beautiful exotic desert scent as a surprising conclusion
After spraying, you are greeted by a chemical smell that quickly fades and presents woody, fresh and fruity fragrances. The longer the colours are worn, the more a cinnamon note comes through, the overall composition appears very natural and round. Then there was nothing for hours, but to my surprise there was another enchanting fragrance development. Now Fars really turned up the heat and a dusty desert litter was suddenly present: the finish reminded me very much of L'air du Desert Marocian; what a nice surprise. Unfortunately, this fragrance was not as strong as the one mentioned above, but you can't have everything. The silage seemed to me to be rather weak at Fars.
DerDefcon
Damn it! I like that one.
With Xerjoff as a brand, I have reached a point where I say to myself, "No matter how good or sensational it is, it is too expensive. Finished, done, over."

I will probably stick to this statement, because somewhere you have to set a financial limit. Currently "Fars" can be found on the internet for 257,- Euro - for 50ml, mind you. That's about five Euro per Mililiter and that hurts somehow.
Despite the horrendous price I was curious and wanted to test a Xerjoff. The barter deal with the nice and generous perfume "Max1403" was completed quickly and easily and nothing stood in the way of a test. And yes ... damn it! I really like it - what a dilemma.

"Fars" from the "Oud Stars" collection is, according to my nose, a composition that is particularly captivating with lavender and oud. I honestly do not really notice the rose geranium.
In the beginning, the oud and the lavender compete with each other and try to overtake each other olfactorically. Sometimes the oud is dominant, which is dry, clean, but also nice and dark. Later it is again the light, slightly herbaceous, not at all too sweet lavender that "overscents" its woody counterpart. Thus, the first half hour gives the impression of being dealing with an oud-heavy fougère, but this is soon forgotten, because both - the oud and the lavender - get in order and work hand in hand for the next hours.
The not at all miserable, not at all animalistic, or even medical oud unleashes after more than an hour an aura that reminds me a little bit of paper. Maybe I am sitting in a library, too? Mmm... who knows. The wood appears dark, but at the same time very transparent and dry. The lavender, on the other hand, brings a little light into this darkness and rounds off the fragrance in an almost perfect way. This one is not a bit pungent as I know it from other lavender-laden scents. It is rather - let's say - a dried lavender that has retained a little bit of its residual juiciness and that now carefully sprays its subtle aroma in our fictional library in order not to scare off any visitors.

This interaction, which I have just demonstrated, is incredibly successful, perfect, masterly. The oud lets the lavender play and the lavender lets the oud play. It can be that simple. And contrary to what I expected, this composition proves to be suitable for everyday use and socially acceptable, fortunately it does not immediately contaminate whole rooms, buildings or even areas of land. The sillage is perceptible, but never disturbing, and that's surprising inasmuch as here at parfumo.de one reads again and again about Xerjoff fragrances as the space-consuming "warfare agents" par excellence. Well ... doesn't always seem to be the case - fortunately. I don't know if "Fars" would not lose part of its magic if it were as strong as I feared before the test. As it is, we can speak of perfection and also of a very flexible wearable scent characteristic. I can imagine wearing it on special occasions, but also in everyday life - with a shirt or coat if you like. But it also goes well with a rustic leather jacket. "Fars" is simply a universal genius
Self-confident modesty.
Dear friends of oriental fragrances, please don't be angry when I say that this is actually not my fragrance direction... or was as you take it.

My collection contains two Amouages. But both (Silver and Jubilation) I don't feel'typically oriental'. So far I could not get much out of this category, because I was always quite quickly saturated.

But now I have discovered Oud Fars.

At first, its top note seems a bit unharmonious to me, somehow medical. A lavender chord as a prelude to an oriental scent. It smells as confusing to me as the top note of Jubilation XXV, but once you get used to it, it's quite interesting. Nevertheless I think: lavender and bergamot in combination with oud and patchuli is not a must.

But what comes after a few minutes is just a dream. A gentle dream. Balanced, pleasant and yet clearly a child of the Orient. Not sweet, not heavy, but earthy and warm.

Woods of the desert lead a life full of privation, but their scent is, similar to great wines, which have to cope with a lot of rock and little soil, something special. Cheap beauty. You stop and want to sniff again. And again. And many more times. Without getting full.

The top note reminds me of jubilee only because it is similarly confusing. Otherwise, both top notes have nothing in common. But in the base, both scents come very close. Jubilation seems noble, special and mysterious. Oud Fars smells effortless and friendly, but still very valuable. Jubilation seems a little distant. Oud Fars welcomes you in his arms. There's no reason to avoid hugging. Patchuli, sandalwood, cedar and oud. One wants to linger. You feel safe and secure.

Oud Fars is no Sillage monster, but he has enough strength and endurance. He seems masculine to me on the one hand, but is certainly also attractive to every woman. Even a baby could smell like it. A unique, universal beauty. Sexy when it fits. Elegant, if you want it to be. Masculine to the man. Seductive about a woman. Not intrusive, yet present. Self-confident modesty. Wow!

Oriental & Overpriced
Fars (or “Farts”, as a friend of mine correctly referred to this) opens as a fairly pleasant patchouli-ambergris floral scent with sweet-anisic notes and a juicy-herbal, and slightly fruity touch which kind of reminded me of tea. Sandalwood and vetiver on the base, both quite conventional but pleasant (the sort of “juicy” sweetness may come from sandalwood, probably). That’s it for quite long, also oud-ish somehow, even if it is not listed. Then it slowly becomes more dry, more astringent and decidedly muskier, in a partially pleasant way; the muskiness is “real”, grayish and dusty, but also revealing a synthetic bitterness which won’t go away. Still counter-balanced but sweet-floral and ambery notes. Overall a globally inoffensive musky-earthy-woody scent with floral-sweet nuances, posh and restrained, resembling to any Montale just replacing oud with a patchouli-ambroxan-woods accord. That same kind of synthetic, trendy “elegance” is here too. Conventionally sophisticated, safely uncreative and not particularly distinctive, “smelling expensive” (before than “good”), fairly plastic and utterly pretentious. But long-lasting. The price tag is hilariously pathetic, but if you find it on sale for 30/40 EUR, then it’s worthy the purchase.

5,5-6/10

BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
In the opening a fresh lavender with spices. After a few minutes, a woody and earthy oud that leaves room for the geranium in the drydown.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A fresh and clean spicy-floral Mid season fragrance, balanced by a warm earthy-woody base. Gentle take on Oud, with Ambergris as a bonus!
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Oud, combined with nagarmotha, becomes a light, almost citrical, fresh touch. Flowers make agarwood then finally harmless.

by Lilienfeld
by Dandrobe
by Käthe28
by Käthe28
by Irini
Alle guten Dinge sind Fünf.
Der Star unter den Oud Stars
by Splashfrag12
by CharlAmbre
by CharlAmbre

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Accento Overdose by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff