Oud Stars - Indochine 2013

Oud Stars - Indochine by XerJoff
Oud Stars - Indochine is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is fruity-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBrazilian orange, Strawberry, Pink pepper, Freesia
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Lily-of-the-valley, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesMadagascan vanilla, Oud, Musk

Submitted by Infinite, last update on 19.09.2020.

The scent was only available at the department store Operpollinger in Munich and limited to 40 pieces. It was re-released in 2019.

Oscar 1993
I was very curious about the new edition of Indochine, but due to controversial descriptions I didn't want to get carried away with a blind purchase and ordered a sample in a sample kit from Xerjoff.

After testing it three times, I still can't get enough of it. The exhilarating start, like champagne with strawberries. Later I add a bouquet of peonies (it feels like you're sniffing at it from a certain distance), after a few hours I perceive the floral note more like the scent of roses. I don't smell any lily of the valley, fortunately no cutting dominant flowers at all (flowery scents are not my cup of tea).

On the Xerjoff website, the description also mentions caramelized strawberries and mango, or a jam made from them? [Have any of you eaten a caramelized mango? I had to google for recipes immediately].
"Mystical and Aristocratic. Unfolding with extravagant fruity chords, releasing aromas reminiscent of caramelized mango strawberry marmalade with musky nuances, all framed in a foundation of oud".

I only notice the animal oud for the first few minutes, and only when I test the scent on my wrist (and concentrate on it). But in normal life I never wear scents on my wrist :-) I don't have any negative associations with the "full-fledged" test wear - three sprayers from the sample on the neck - (three spray shots may sound a lot for such an intense scent, but the atomizer of the manufacturer's sample sprays quite sparingly). In the course of time Indochine becomes warmer, deeper, slightly sweetish (definitely no sticky gourmand), sensual.

Fars was too light for me and on my skin a little soapy-fresh aromatic, which does not correspond to my baggage scheme. Indochine, on the other hand, is the perfect oud star for me.

A portable fragrance without being contourless. It has a shelf life of 12 hours and I would like to spray it after 6 hours - the sweeping top note definitely brightens the mood. I could imagine that Indochine - sprayed on before going out - works like a glass of champagne.

I resist the impulse to spray more often, because the basis is also a pleasure - dreamlike & cuddly soft. All in all a great Oriental with an interesting multi-layered development. Nevertheless, I wouldn't advise a blind purchase - the fragrance polarizes too much (read here and in other perfume forums)...

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 30 days ago
A fresh and soapy, yet slightly fruity-sweet spicy-floral Mid season fragrance, balanced by a very gentle animalic-woody base. Very feminine

Ein Durchgang
Indochinesischer Baumdschungel
Die Schluchten Indochinas
by Infinite
by Infinite

Popular XerJoff

Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff