Ouverture 2016

Ouverture by XerJoff
8.3 / 10 322 Ratings
Ouverture is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Top Notes Top Notes OrangeOrange MagnoliaMagnolia Fig leafFig leaf
Heart Notes Heart Notes Jasminum auriculatumJasminum auriculatum Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose CinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base Notes SandalwoodSandalwood CashmereCashmere AmberAmber VanillaVanilla FrankincenseFrankincense
Submitted by Amourage, last update on 04.12.2022.
The scent was integrated into the Xerjoff collection "V" in 2019.

1 in-depth fragrance description
Helpful Review 6
Bon appetit
Finally it's that time again, there are waffles.... But not just any waffles, no! They are Mama's "special waffles", with cinnamon and apple pieces inside. In addition there is this damn delicious cream with vanilla sugar. Oh man what I'm looking forward to. The whole apartment already smells like this feast.

It's time, together we sit at the table with the family. Outside the sun is shining in autumnal weather and bathes the dining room in orange-golden light. The leaves are already almost all fallen from the trees. Only a few still hang on the branches and show themselves in their most beautiful colours. Inside the heater is running and we are just happy that we can spend time together.

I grab myself a waffle, hit me a huge blob of cream on it and bite with relish a big piece off.... schmacht... man is that delicious...

Always the madness, what a scent for images and memories can evoke in one...

Good appetite
Top Review 24
The (almost) eternal pelvic vertebrae
The overture is the instrumental introduction to an opera. Here's the question: What does it take to captivate listeners right at the beginning, to make them listen, to outline tension, to trigger a desire for more in the audience and to consider any sacrifice in emotional, financial and mental health terms for what may come to be more than understandable?

|¦ Ouverture ¦|

Mass appeal despite originality, sophistication despite simplicity, quality despite accessibility, and intensity despite detail.
Only a charged composition, awe-inspiring and refined to perfection, reflects what Xerjoff gave birth to with her own ; Ouverture

The sweetness delights the masses, the artistically delicious shows independence ; The perfectly measured unanimity opulates sophistication, the holistic, radiant fragrance convinces with simplicity.

The initial very bright, airy and perceived as yellowish sweetness clinks pleasantly past the ears of the listener with brilliance and already indicates the exceptional keynote of the piece. Once the focus of the perceiver has been taken by the hand through this, the treble awakens into a powerful chapel of radiant strings, taking you on paths of levitating impressions through increased volume. At that point you perceive mainly one emotion ; fascination.
We realize this at the latest when we realize how far our delicious cloud of dreamlike has actually carried us away //I got lost in it, for hours.

|¦ Ouverture ¦|

Z9D || Over
Whew, that was some olfactory and auditory journey, wasn't it? I didn't quite know myself sometimes whether I was smelling overture or hearing overture, but that's exactly why I love this fragrance
Especially since the bottle is the most beautiful from his collection, the fragrance is also the dreamiest of its siblings. In the light very bright and sparkling everywhere, so tingly takes him even my little nose. It is so round. It is so perfectly composed. It is simply a masterpiece, I am not someone who can taste every note from every fragrance at the first touch of the bottle, but with this one I succeed with no single note. And that may remain gladly in such a way, thus you remain namely my small mysterious treasure, which I will probably not have understood properly until death. Mysterious

This perfume smelled like a candy I've always wanted to eat. I've never encountered such an incredible, positively tinged sweetness. Smelled because over time I've come to perceive the scent less as an edible work of art and more as an accompanying and projecting energy. Well, whatever it is for whoever, it's definitely something weird, and if you don't know it ; please ersoure it, it's worth the experience, even if it's not made for everyone. But I don't need to rehash that for you perfumos.
I would like to thank YOU last, that you have made everything possible with your community heart and your efforts and it still makes, from samples of any kind to actually long extinct flacons, thank you for it, on more olfactory orchestras of this intensity, Cheers!

4 seasons in a blender
This perfume is like all seasons were put in a blender and they created this scent. Its a fruit bomb (summer) with lots of flowers (spring), some spices and warmth from cinammon and amber (fall) and an intense incense (winter). At first I couldnt decide if this is for summer due to the intense fruity smell or for winter due to the intense warmth and incence smell. It is a very weird fragrance and I believe its love it or hate it. Personally, its a "love it".

If you ask me to characterize it i would say its a fruity incence scent that creates a mysterious thick atmosphere, like the beggining of a drama play at the theater during the summer holding a fruit cocktail in your hand. Weird huh?? The name "ouverture" also means "opening" so it fits perfectly.

The performance is amazing like all Xerjoff fragrances I have tested and the quality is also amazing, again like all Xerjoff fragrances I have tested. I would not suggest a blind buy with this.

Stay safe and smell great!
Insider tip
Performance:

What else would you expect from Xerjoff. As an eau de parfum, this perfume performs bombastically. Durability and projection are almost perfectly matched.

Who can wear the fragrance?

It is according to Xerjoff a unisex fragrance. In my eyes, however, I see this Paefum at no woman. For this I find it a little too smoky.
For men, I see no age limit. It is a fragrance for all men who like sweet/smoky fragrances.

Where can you wear the fragrance?

Again, I don't see any special occasions to wear this perfume.

Due to the fact that it is a niche fragrance and one smells this perfume even so very rarely with others, I myself, however, would rarely wear this perfume. I wear it now and then times at customer appointments, because this fragrance is very pleasant to my environment. I feel the perfume but also as a super evening fragrance.

My opinion:

One could certainly already read it out.

I am a huge fan of this perfume. It was the first Nieschenparfum, which I bought and also certainly my longest stay in a perfumery, because I could not decide at that time between Accento and this.
Who has not yet familiarized with the house of Xerjoff, should do so. I can say in good conscience that there are not many manufacturers who produces such a variety of good fragrances.
Very helpful Review 6
Winter in a bottle
I was able to get hold of a bottling through a sharing and since then I am in love with it! I have rarely gotten such a delicious scent under the nose. It smells like Christmas, like apple pie, like vanilla and after many other great things. Ouverture stands up to the freezing cold with ease, even though I only dosed one spritz carefully. The durability is really awesome, I could still smell Ouverture on me the next day. I can understand that the previous speakers complain about a somewhat strange undertone. The fragrance already has something "creaky". Just this undertone I find but very successful in this fragrance, because if this would be missing, Ouverture would be a true diabetes candidate

3 short views on the fragrance
NicheOnlyNicheOnly 1 month ago
A fruity rose with some mild green edges and additional floral support. Unisex, great for spring-fall wear as a unique profile.
MariaSMariaS 2 years ago
It’s a creamy fruit-flower bomb. I don’t know why it’s rated for winter/fall. It’s not a freshie but I would prefer it for spring and summer
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Really luxurious. The highest level of sandalwood cream with a deep green scent. It starts bright and gorgeous, dries warm and delicious.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

11 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Amber Star by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff 17/17 - Richwood by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff 17/17 - Symphonium by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff 17/17 - Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff