Richwood 2010

Richwood by XerJoff
Richwood is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Jacques Flori

MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli
Mysore sandalwoodMysore sandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.07.2021.

Stinkypenny
A middle aged professional. In the best way.
Of all the fragrances I own, the phrase „it’s better on skin“ has never applied so truthfully. On paper this is a rather flaccid scent, it honestly needs the warmth of living flesh to really open this fragrance up. On paper you will find a powdered rose, with a sawdust (from the sandalwood and patchouli I think) like finish. Definitely not worth the hype or the price.

On skin, however! Oh my. This gives class, a frosty demeanour, and a core that is enchanting and delicious. The play between the iris and the blaxkcurrent in the mid of this fragrance is actually masterful, to my nose. I adore iris, it’s refined delicacy and induced melancholy resonate with me deeply; while blackcurrant offers a sharp sour juiciness, that takes the rose on a jammy journey, whilst still wearing the powdery cloak of the iris.

The soft green woodiness of the sandal and patchouli come in around 45 mins into wearing, with the labdanum offering a mature grounding depth to this composition. It’s a lovely summer night at the orchestra with a lover, enchanting and refined, seductive yet virginal. Something about berries and citrus gives me such an innocent vibe, prim vibe. Clean, yet sweet.

Anyway, as much I love this fragrance, at £500 for 100ml it is very expensive. The longevity is brilliant and the sillage is good for the first 2/3 hours, after which either I can’t smell it without holding my nose to my arm or the scent bubble contracts considerably. Now, this is not a bad thing - for a scent like this can easily become over powering, and goodness! do NOT overspray. I will probably settle for just a decant of this fragrance…. But I’m in no rush to acquire it.
Kind of not for me...
Xerjoff Richwood is one of the very famous Xerjoff creations. I was able to test Richwood through a small bottling at my leisure. Richwood is something special and rare, so it tries to teach a Xerjoff. Unfortunately, this has not quite worked for me, but more about this later.

Richwood begins mi the familiar Xerjoff fresh DNA, this I already know from Nio, Uden, Kobe etc.. After about 5 minutes the other notes come out. The iris note I know so already from Irisss, rose is only very subtle to smell. The currant I can not really smell. In the base it gets darker with labdanum, musk, patchouli, Mysore sandalwood and vanilla. Unfortunately, though, I somehow barely smell any wood here. I'm a little confused here the name tries to tell me that I'm supposed to smell wood in its best form here, Richwood however somehow smells more like a lipstick, or the new sneakers. No idea why I have to think of sneakers here.

Richwood disappoints me unfortunately all along the line. Unfortunately, it is not at all what I expected. The price here is simply a cheek. I just can not find any pleasure in Richwood, although I am actually a Xerjoff fan. There are better woody scents under 100€.
Neary
I have to get out, but stay with me!
A fragrance that can certainly inspire controversy and does not always deserve its rating.

When I first put Richwood on, I was definitely surprised, not to say disappointed.
I was looking forward to a classy sandalwood bomb of the usual Xerjoff quality, but what I got smelled to me at first like rosy, feminine monotony that I feared might drift too much towards old woman.

I spent the rest of the evening at home and could not perceive any great change that could have made me feel positive, while the fragrance became more and more skin-deep - a pity.

A day later, however, I wanted to go out on a slightly rainy, in contrast to the days before warmer evening, to do a few more errands and since the fragrance was still handy, I applied it expectantly, just to have something on it at all in my hurry.
5 minutes later, as I opened the door and the first refreshing cool breath of steadily warming winter air caught me, Richwood also met me for the first time.

There it was, the wood I had hoped for. Or was it? Richwood is playing with me.
Along the way, scents keep coming my way, loving and yet warring.
It's like the change of seasons, when one doesn't want to leave yet, even though the other is already there.
A play of light and shadow that actually want to displace each other, but together still create something uniquely beautiful.
The "hoped for wood" smells in one moment already almost like whiskey, in the other moment already again after rose and iris, which then again decay through patchouli to earth.

It leaves me again and again, but still remains with me in a nostalgic way.
What are you doing to me?

Your beauty goes too fast, you will never arrive, but the thoughts remain.

Lights Out!
I was socked in the eye and knocked out completely by the most powerful acidic citrus. I saw a bright light and realized I was in a temporary state of shock. A strong wood base is heavily present, however, this blast of citrus has decided it will not share the stage.

Scrub scrub, scrum, I thought. In the back of my mind I knew that I had to give this nausea inducing fragrance a chance because the sample had been a gift from a friend. Oh I could love this! I could, if only that screaming lemon would back up off of me. Poor sandalwood, poor patchouli, I doth love thee so but I cannot tolerate this blinding lemon that has put me down for the count.

This could have been a fabulous fragrance if only, if only somebody wasn't a little too eager to add a twist to a perfectly fine blend. Ok call me biased because I am anti citrus but take my word, this stuff will knock your lights out! As much as I enjoy a good romantic woody scent, the stark abrasiveness of this fragrance was much too much for me to handle. Miss Rosé was nowhere in sight, she was the smart one!

Thank you to the kind member who generally gifted me this sample.

Irritatingly sweet ...
I recently received samples of Richwood and Damarose and have given both a quick test, but today is the turn of Richwood to be reviewed. Looking at the note pyramid this should be 'love at first sniff' for me ... but sadly it's not. There is something so irritatingly sweet about this creation (I'll warrant it's the damn Blackcurrant!!) that completely turns me off ... and it's EXORBITANT asking price of course.

Firstly, I'm becoming less and less keen for fruit in my fragrances, probably due to the vile cornucopia of celebrity 'fruity florals' that have hit the market in the last few years. Yes, I know I don't have to smell them ... but I do on the off chance that someone has had the balls to do something exciting (thanks Madonna!!) that doesn't cause immediate olfactory toothache.
The opening of Richwood is hampered by just such a candy-like fruit laden effect ... with some floor polish thrown in for good measure. If this were fleeting it would be OK ... but it lingers inscrutably for most of the duration of this frag (which is not exactly stellar to begin with!) while the good stuff battles to make an appearance. By 'good stuff' I mean Sandalwood, Rose (which seems stunted here) and Labdanum, which I really love. The 'blurb' on the official site gushes about the 'genuine' Mysore Sandalwood contained in this frag ... if only it was allowed to shine it would be truly beautiful. Instead, it is coated in sugary, gelatinous berries ... like so much jam from Grandma's kitchen!!
In my travels I have had the opportunity more than once of acquiring Xerjoff frags. I decline because the price tags (500 Euro for 100mls of Richwood) are just obscene. These fragrances are quite obviously made with a decidedly 'nouveau riche' market in mind.

There are better renditions of this genre out there that do not require the sale of a kidney and a lung! This fragrance is not fantastic, it is just OK ... but that, of course, is simply my humble opinion.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 2 months ago
Fresh fruity opening, smoothed and subdued by florals and woods. Slight powderiness only noticed on skin. Kinda like a floral Uden.
MariaSMariaS 7 months ago
Opening is so “rich” but not in wood.it’s intense like the mint smell.settles to creamy woody sweet smell with dominant citrusy ingredients.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Creamy currant with sweet soft patchouli on sandalwood. Rich full fruitiness.

by MichaelM
by MichaelM

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff