Richwood 2010

Richwood by XerJoff
Richwood is a popular perfume by XerJoff for men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Jacques Flori

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Rose, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Musk, Patchouli, Mysore sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.11.2020.

Lights Out!
I was socked in the eye and knocked out completely by the most powerful acidic citrus. I saw a bright light and realized I was in a temporary state of shock. A strong wood base is heavily present, however, this blast of citrus has decided it will not share the stage.

Scrub scrub, scrum, I thought. In the back of my mind I knew that I had to give this nausea inducing fragrance a chance because the sample had been a gift from a friend. Oh I could love this! I could, if only that screaming lemon would back up off of me. Poor sandalwood, poor patchouli, I doth love thee so but I cannot tolerate this blinding lemon that has put me down for the count.

This could have been a fabulous fragrance if only, if only somebody wasn't a little too eager to add a twist to a perfectly fine blend. Ok call me biased because I am anti citrus but take my word, this stuff will knock your lights out! As much as I enjoy a good romantic woody scent, the stark abrasiveness of this fragrance was much too much for me to handle. Miss Rosé was nowhere in sight, she was the smart one!

Thank you to the kind member who generally gifted me this sample.

Irritatingly sweet ...
I recently received samples of Richwood and Damarose and have given both a quick test, but today is the turn of Richwood to be reviewed. Looking at the note pyramid this should be 'love at first sniff' for me ... but sadly it's not. There is something so irritatingly sweet about this creation (I'll warrant it's the damn Blackcurrant!!) that completely turns me off ... and it's EXORBITANT asking price of course.

Firstly, I'm becoming less and less keen for fruit in my fragrances, probably due to the vile cornucopia of celebrity 'fruity florals' that have hit the market in the last few years. Yes, I know I don't have to smell them ... but I do on the off chance that someone has had the balls to do something exciting (thanks Madonna!!) that doesn't cause immediate olfactory toothache.
The opening of Richwood is hampered by just such a candy-like fruit laden effect ... with some floor polish thrown in for good measure. If this were fleeting it would be OK ... but it lingers inscrutably for most of the duration of this frag (which is not exactly stellar to begin with!) while the good stuff battles to make an appearance. By 'good stuff' I mean Sandalwood, Rose (which seems stunted here) and Labdanum, which I really love. The 'blurb' on the official site gushes about the 'genuine' Mysore Sandalwood contained in this frag ... if only it was allowed to shine it would be truly beautiful. Instead, it is coated in sugary, gelatinous berries ... like so much jam from Grandma's kitchen!!
In my travels I have had the opportunity more than once of acquiring Xerjoff frags. I decline because the price tags (500 Euro for 100mls of Richwood) are just obscene. These fragrances are quite obviously made with a decidedly 'nouveau riche' market in mind.

There are better renditions of this genre out there that do not require the sale of a kidney and a lung! This fragrance is not fantastic, it is just OK ... but that, of course, is simply my humble opinion.

LexaLexa 4 years ago
Coromandel with roses instead of white chocolate.The patchouli has the same earthy beauty and the roses take it off the gourmand area.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Creamy currant with sweet soft patchouli on sandalwood. Rich full fruitiness.

by Lexa
by Lexa
by MichaelM
by MichaelM

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff