Shooting Stars - Kobe 2007

Shooting Stars - Kobe by XerJoff
Shooting Stars - Kobe is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is citrusy-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Jacques Flori

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot LabdanumLabdanum OrangeOrange
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroliNeroli Orange blossomOrange blossom PetitgrainPetitgrain
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris BenzoinBenzoin OudOud RosewoodRosewood StyraxStyrax Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.09.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Nio más oud
Un cítrico con oud.
Me gusta bastante. No encuentro que el oud sea muy agresivo.
Quizá en la salida se aprecia más la parte animálica pero es pasajero.
Cuando todas las notas emergen en acorde se crea un cítrico muy elegante.
Mi favorito de la colección con mucha diferencia en Nio.
Tiene mucha calidad en todo.
Dentro de los cítricos: duración, proyección sillage… buena.
El precio es elevado, pero la casa xerjoff es, en mi opinion, sinónimo de calidad altísima.
Mis favoritos de la casa: Nio y Alexandria II

Espero te ayude.
Gracias y suerte
DerDefcon
A fragrance twin of APOM? I'll just compare.
How good that there was an update here on parfumo.de and that the corresponding menu bar no longer speaks of "fragrance twin", but of "similar". As far as I remember, "Kobe" from the house of Xerjof was already listed as an alleged twin of "APOM" back then, when this change had not yet been made - or vice versa. Even then I frowned, smirked a little and didn't quite want to believe it, because APOM - unfortunately it was discontinued - is a gem of minimalist fragrance art. Orange blossom, amber and cedarwood ... that's about it. And "Kobe"? Well: bergamot, labdanum, orange, neroli, orange blossom, petitgrain, oud, benzoin and so on and so forth. In short, it's not a fragrance twin by any means. Similarities are definitely there, though. Let's just compare.

If the "Kobe" begins with an extremely sharp, for many noses certainly even unpleasant citric, which could briefly compete in its bitter-tart character with many a chypre, the opening of the Kurkdjian masterpiece captivates with a sultry orange blossom. Nothing with sharp bergamot or tangy orange. But quickly back to "Kobe".
Already after a few minutes, the very harsh prelude is softened by an orange blossom, which is sweet and present, but by no means as oppressive as in "APOM" in appearance. The partly unpleasantly tart blends with the sweetness, so that a perfect balance between fruity spice and floral sweetness is established.
While "Kobe" undergoes the development just described, a change is also smellable after the first spraying on the "APOM". The amber begins, which takes the initially overwhelming sweetness of the orange blossom, additionally gives it an interesting dustiness and thereby also tames the Schülstige a little, which there is so in the "Kobe" at no time. In this one, after all - I said it already - the rather special citric is the challenge and less the floral.

After phase 1 and 2 are over with both fragrances, the third phase separates the wheat from the chaff. "APOM" captivates in this by a very clear cedar note, which gives the dusty-ambery orange blossom a woody foundation, which reminds olfactory a little of a pencil. "APOM" is thus a very dry, somehow dirty-dusty orange blossom scent and more than sets itself apart from "Kobe".
The Xerjoff may also have woody notes listed in the base note, but I truly hear nothing of them. Instead, benzoin appears, which gives the composition a very creamy and very warm character. The mild sweetness of orange blossom and the slight hints of citrus, which is still harsh and tart at the beginning, can still be perceived in parallel, although nothing stings or pricks the nose here. "Kobe" thus manages to be a lot of things at once - namely fresh on the one hand, floral on the other, and creamy-warm at the same time. Everything balances itself, takes the fragrance so but also its corners and edges.
The "APOM", on the other hand, is already enough corner and edge alone because of its dusty orange blossom and thus the in my eyes clearly more daring fragrance, in which our Francis does not rely on defusing citric and trimming to everyday suitability as it seems to be, by the way, generally very often the case with Xerjoff. I remember only, without that now negatively to mean, to "Uden" or also because all around popular "Naxos".

In the end, I can say for me that I wear both fragrances very much. I also had to get used to both first. "APOM" was not a love at first smell at the time, similar to "Kobe". Both fragrances have a central strength and equally a central weakness. APOM" shines through its edges and its simplicity, but at the same time I can not wear it regularly, because firstly this fragrance needs higher temperatures to come into its own in all its glory, and secondly, when worn continuously, it quickly becomes too exhausting even for lovers. "Kobe" is much easier to put on, as it is only a matter of overcoming the somewhat special opening. In everyday life, this Xerjoff - despite its complexity - is less likely to cause problems. Will this fragrance perhaps become a little boring at some point? A question that you can certainly ask yourself and measured by the price perhaps should!

PS: If I had to decide within the Shooting Stars - collection for a fragrance, it would probably be the "Uden" ... only so on the edge.
Ischgelroi
Citrus fruits in a different way...
Kobe I have longer as a filling in my collection. Unfortunately, Kobe but always something went down inside, because I have usually chosen a more cologne typical citrus scent. Kobe I test today for the 4th time and from time to time I like it better. I think with the expectation to have a summer scent in front of you, you are really on the wrong track. Kobe is much more than that. Kobe is a fragrance with depth and an incredible amount of character, which definitely seems summery, but not like Nio, which takes the traditional cologne theme to the extreme. Kobe is different. I would describe Kobe as a spicy, bitter citrus scent with oud.
Kobe opens with orange, bergamot, orange blossom, neroli, petigrain, and labdanum. Labdanum brings directly a twist in the whole and immediately gives the whole an oriental direction. This scent now stays for about 30 minutes, after which woods are added followed by styrax and a beautiful oud note, which again gives Kobe a very unique character. Kobe really manages to convince all along the line.

The shelf life is 8-9 hours with me, which is very good. The silage is somewhat more restrained than other Xerjoffs. Here, the silage is about an arm's length, which is also really 8 hours so, after that Kobe is very quickly skin tight with me.

This fragrance has really earned 10 points for me, because it is a very different kind of interpretation of citrus than I know. The whole succeeds here really perfect and a light cologne character remains all the time.

Grapefruit cologne
It's basically cologne. Very good cologne, though. Unique cologne. Grapefruit cologne. I own a vintage bottle and it's really beautiful. Useable anytime and anywhere on warmer days. He's my best Xerjoff yet.
The Old Grove
I didn't expect that!

After I had already tested Uden and Nio from the citrus-heavy Shooting Stars collection, I was prepared with Kobe to get a similar fragrance composition offered. The first look at the fragrance composition, however, already made me wonder. Labdanum in the head and the very woody-resinous base note indicated a ride in realms quite apart from Uden and Nio. My interest was piqued, because if the fragrance turned out to be what the ingredients indicated, it could be quite the movie. After the first sprays had lowered on my skin and the symbolic three seconds full of impatience had been waited for, also began the journey with the destination Kobe.

The fresh, citrusy opening was still most reminiscent of its two siblings. The tart splashes of bergamot introduced the journey, before one was abruptly on the way to distant regions. As for myself, I have not yet had the opportunity to get to know Japan with its country and people, so I am visibly lacking in associations here. Rather, it seemed to me that my journey had taken a fork here somewhere towards the southern part of the Iberian Peninsula or even North Africa. I was met with a surge of wonderfully intense orange oil. The essential oils caressed my nose, seducing with bitter-tart sweetness and gently soothing with light balsamic. I opened my eyes and found myself in an ancient grove of gnarled orange trees. The thick fruit hung low from the branches with pockmarked, firm peel in places and were wrapped in a sea of dark green foliage. At the ends of the branches were snow-white flowers with pale pistils, gently swaying back and forth in the wind. The fresh tart scent of the blossoms almost completely enveloped me, causing me to stretch my legs under the ancient trees and watch the leaves in the wind. Leaning back against an orange tree, I now smelled the deep dark and aromatic wood of the old trees as well. Warm, dry wind swept through the grove, gently brushing through my hair and creating a sense of security within me. Wrapped in the warm wind, I tried to fathom where exactly the grove might be. And like an answer to the unspoken question, the breeze carried a whiff of labdanum, dry sand and woods into the grove. I must have been in an oasis surrounded by barren, hot steppe or even desert. Among the trees, not far from my shady spot, I glimpsed something that resembled an altar - a sculpture of nearly black wood. In front of it several small bowls were laid out, from which thick clouds of burnt incense rose and slowly wafted through the grove. Happily I closed my eyes again, let worries and troubles drift away from me and enjoyed the time out in the peaceful atmosphere of the grove
Fin.
Addendum

Kobe - a fragrance in which I first had no expectations, this then aroused my interest and now completely fascinates me. Sure, if you look at the composition, you would actually have to guess what the fragrance comes up with. However, the woody and resinous aromas are so delicately interwoven with the elements of the bitter orange tree and the incense that an incredibly complex and fine overall work is created, which in my eyes is almost unparalleled

4 short views on the fragrance
RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
A complete orange tree scent. Intensely green + rindy citrus opening beneath which sits a big block of sweet ambery woods + white florals.
SmellsFargoSmellsFargo 12 months ago
Nios twin brother, but instead of intensely sour it's intensely bitter. Sweetens over time, superb longevity.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
A fresh, yet slightly powdery floral-citric Spring fragrance, balanced by a dusty spicy resinous-woody base. 100% Unisex!
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Neroli, bright and radiant. Also pleasantly deep and saturated by subtle ambery and woody notes.

Images

11 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Amber Star by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff 17/17 - Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff 17/17 - Richwood by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff 17/17 - Symphonium by XerJoff