Shooting Stars - Modoc 2007

Shooting Stars - Modoc by XerJoff
Shooting Stars - Modoc is a perfume by XerJoff for men and was released in 2007. The scent is powdery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Jacques Flori

Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 16.04.2021.

Strong and Declarative Greenish Orange Blossom Vetiver
I received a small sample mysteriously labeled only "MO" from MinNY, and because it was in a packet with other XerJoff samples, I figured that it must be from this house. Donning the perfume, I discovered that orange blossom and neroli were undeniably present. From there I deduced that "MO" must be MODOC.

To my nose, MODOC is basically a super strong neroli-orange blossom-vetiver cologne. It smells good, no doubt about that, but I think of neroli-orange blossom-vetiver as a classic cologne composition, not the basis for a fine perfume. Yes, it's a matter of habit and convention, but that's just the way it is. I do not think that this particular creation smacks unmistakably of 4711, which was my major criticism of Tom Ford NEROLI PORTOFINO, making it seem a ridiculous way to spend $200, if you ask me.

MODOC, in contrast, offers a potent dose of vetiver along with an equally strong neroli-orange blossom facet tinged by some greenishness--apparently imparted by tarragon, though I would not have identified it as such without prompting. I actually think that there is more vetiver than orange blossom/neroli in this creation, but there is really no getting around the neroli, which leads me to conclude that MODOC may not be the best investment for precious XerJoff funds, I mean, assuming that one has a budget of some sort. If the sky is the limit, why not?

HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Spicy beginning with citruses is soon replaced by a combination of iris and vetiver, which give - along with vanilla - a warm body touch.

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff