Shooting Stars - Uden 2007

Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff
Top 20 in Unisex Perfume
Shooting Stars - Uden is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGaiac woodGaiac wood RoseRose RumRum SandalwoodSandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris CoffeeCoffee MuskMusk VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 19.05.2022.

Photorealistic boozy citrus
Strong lemony citrus opening, almost photorealistic. Takes about 20 minutes before that rum comes on strong and lends a sweet, boozy accord to the scent profile. After a couple hours, a slight powdery vanilla and woody accords creep in. All around lovely to my nose, not a simple fragrance, and the performance is excellent too. Strong projection for 3-5hr, longevity 10-12hr. Versatile, though that boozy accord makes me hesitant to wear it in formal situation or in blazing hot weather.

Basically a slightly more complex, better-performing Chanel Allure Homme or CAH Edition Blanche. The Chanels lack the Rum accord and have no hint of powderyness. More boozy and citric, less woody and vanillic than Uden Overdose. Kinda similar to Richwood as well, without the florals.
Xerjoff's Uden a light masterpiece
Despite its complexity, Uden is a clear and uplifting citrus fragrance with a soul of florals and amber. The opening of this unique fragrance of grapefruit and lemon still seems familiar, but a soft sensual accord of exotic guaiac wood and rum absolute provides an unexpected counterpoint. A harmonious blend of coffee absolute and amber vanilla concludes the symphony of enduring fragrance notes. Elegant and irresistibly charming.
5.5
reach into the k..
long back and forth torn, endless reviews and videos watched, come so far that I ordered it. the scent arrived, full of joy unpacked and sprayed directly. moment I ordered the sculpture or uden? in my opinion, the uden is not worth it in any way, you can buy directly the sculpture. in uden I smell neither citrus fruits nor anything else but pure vanilla. unfortunately a disappointment
Xerjoff Number 9 - Golden Paradise
What is a signature fragrance? Most people would probably say that a signature fragrance is the scent by which you are unmistakably recognized by family, friends or your daily environment. A fragrance with which one is directly associated and which stands for oneself, as our parents or grandparents already had "their" fragrance. At that time it was also quite unusual to hoard larger collections of fragrances and to worry every morning about which scent to wear. Thus the respective persons were already recognizable for us at the smell.
Nowadays, the subject of signature fragrance is outdated in my eyes. Because too many fragrances appear, we in our community exchange fragrances and samples with each other and everyone learns more and more and has a huge arsenal of tested perfumes. As a result, tastes change as I had written in my last blog posts and the collection changes as well. But is also the last bastion, the Signature thereby broken?
My answer to this is YES !
Because only through all the samples and fragrances I get to know myself and my fragrance preferences and expand my horizons further and further. I do not want to limit myself by choosing a fragrance that represents me best in my eyes and which I thus wear more often than others. There are certainly fragrances that I like more than others or express myself more than others, but my signature is allowed to change as a result, depending on what phase of fragrance and life I am in. In my more than two years on Parfumo, I've had three signature scents so far. First it was Spicebomb before Parfumo, then Black Phantom, which always accompanied me until a few months ago and also presented me well. Then it became Ombre Nomade, which has more represented what fragrances I have currently tested and which corresponded more to my current tastes.

Now, however, I see a replacement coming. Not just because I sold Ombre Nomade, but because I've rediscovered new things for myself and my fragrance journey has taken me back to some gourmands and generally slightly sweeter scents. Xerjoff Uden was on the cards and I had heard quite a bit about this fragrance. I had received a mini-sample at the very beginning of my perfumo time, but it was by no means representative of a full-fledged test. Thus, I was looking forward to the experience, since the fragrance is very popular in the community and I had no idea what to expect here.

Even after testing the scent, I can't say exactly what I found. A thoroughly wild combo of different notes, which simply convinced me as a large whole. The start was definitely getting used to my nose, but after a quarter of an hour, this is an excellent fragrance, which I also did not expect. I may also be a bit biased here, as it smelled to me like a fragrance my father used to have easily 20 years ago. As mentioned, the citrusy beginning put me off a bit, as there was still a note incorporated, which didn't quite want to me in the nose and came along inappropriately. However, as soon as the top note disappeared, the scent blossomed into its complete glory. Light woods, a wonderful creaminess from sandalwood and musk, which combined with the alcoholic notes was so soft and smooth I would have loved to lick it. Wow, just wow. Gradually came then warmer resinous notes, which have conveyed the certain sweetness and are conducive to the durability of the fragrance.
A dream of fragrance, so that I hardly come out of the rave. Especially because it is so incredibly portable, discreet and then again present. I can imagine the everyday life with this fragrance very well.
In addition, a fine but not too loud sillage, which delicately mists the neck of the wearer and brings out its notes in hugs. As mentioned, the durability of the fragrance is extended by the resinous notes, which is why it definitely holds its six hours, if not longer. Also, the current temperatures just below 20 degrees seem to support the scent to the point where it doesn't get too much on you, even during intense testing. To me, this was quite accommodating and the fragrance will show similar to his Shootings Stars colleagues Starlight in autumn and spring even more of its strengths.

Will Uden so my new Signature ?
For the moment YES! Because the fragrance convinces me all along the line and I soon have a mini bottle of it. But he will most likely have to fight with the Xerjoff Homme in the future, if I am offered a used bottle here. Because has again completely different properties, which fascinate me even more.
A pleasure
Do not be put off by the notes. Very warm, slightly citrusy-woody scent! Slight similarities to Naxos, but fresher and lighter. Wearable by both sexes. H/S are good. Again and again with pleasure

On a beach at sunset
This one definitely bears resemblances to Chanel AHEB and even some of the Sport Eau Extreme with the citruses and a sort of aldehydic/metallic touch in the opening. However, Uden has a big dose of ambergris, which is detectable immediately, and lends the scent a great depth and salty facet which reminds me of—no surprise, a beach. Uden has those notes of rum and coffee in the mid and base, which when mixed with the sandalwood and vanilla, mix to create a creamy, slightly bitter, slightly boozy, and definitely salty, finish. It's a delightful scent without a doubt, but in the air—can smell similar to the Chanel. However, performance is much better, IMO, with Uden and the addition of Ambergris. In the end, two different fragrances that can smell similar, especially in the air, but Uden exudes more class, has better longevity, and boasts a higher price tag to match. A nice unisex frag that leans a little more masculine side to me. The end effect reminds me of walking on a beach during the sunset sipping on a tropical cocktail.
The seductive fragrance mix
Hochqualitativer fragrance that you can always wear, this fresh, citrus paired with light vanilla, creamy-not intrusive, just a very nice fragrance!
Xerjoff knows how to behave with many fragrances, now the Decas will be tested soon :)
TristanKalus
Caffè e rum sotto gli alberi di limone - Or how to enjoy life.
If you were to ask the inhabitants of the small, sleepy village on the Amalfi Coast about Eduardo, you would probably always get the answer that he would almost certainly grow the best amalfi lemons in the world and was someone who knew how to enjoy life.

His plantation was almost exactly in the middle of the coast, somewhat hidden among green hills and rocky slopes. The main building sprang from a long-forgotten era and was constructed of rough fieldstones. White frames were set into the semicircular entrances and window openings, and the wooden doors with glass panes were painted petrol blue. The plantation proper extended from the main building toward the bluff and was framed at the upper end by the two outbuildings. The lemon trees grew in raised beds, which measured a good three feet in height and seemed to be made of the same stones as the buildings around them. The walkways were also made of the same stone and led under the low-hanging branches criss-cross through the plantation. On particularly hot days it was wonderful to be under the shady trees. The gnarled branches bent under the weight of the deep yellow lemons, which looked like tightly spotted yellow blobs of color on a green background. Once you had meandered from the main building, along the walkways, through the plantation to the bluffs, you found yourself in one of the most beautiful spots on the entire Amalfi Coast, if not all of Italy. The last row of lemon trees bordered a small terrace complete with stone parapet. Behind the parapet there was a steep descent, and glancing over, one felt more distinctly the breeze in his face. If you now lifted your gaze a little, the azure Mediterranean stretched out before you, merging into the somewhat lighter blue sky on the horizon. Only a few clouds stood out from the bright blue sky and disappeared quickly in the onshore wind towards the mainland. Near the bays and beaches, sailing and fishing boats bustled about, bobbing back and forth on the water without haste. With its back to the plantation and facing the sea stood a small wooden bench. It was made of solid, dark wood and had apparently served as a place of relaxation and leisure for many years.

And it was this very spot that Eduardo used to go to at about 2 p.m. each day. Much of the work on the plantation was done by this time of the day and in the common farm shop his wife sold baskets of lemons, homemade jam and her devilishly good limoncello. So Eduardo could take time out without a guilty conscience and enjoy the early afternoon hours on the small terrace. Before making his way through the plantation from the main building, he washed the last of the dirt off his hands and then went to the kitchen. Laden with a small tray, he made his way between the trees towards the terrace. Despite the midday heat, it was pleasantly cool under the trees and the faint sound of water lapping could be heard in the distance. For a brief moment, Eduardo placed his cargo on the stone edge of one of the raised beds to reach for one of the lemons. Without breaking the fruit from the branch, he clasped it and, closing his eyes, sucked in its fragrance. The thick, yellow fruit smelled delicately tart, and the slight tartness tickled his nose as he did so. What was special about his lemons, however, was that there was no bitterness in either the smell or the taste. Only a slight fruity sweetness underpinned the fine citrus barackter. Satisfied, his fingers disengaged from the lemon and the branch gently carried it back to its sisters. After a few steps, Eduardo reached the terrace as well, settling himself on the bench and placing the small, silver tray beside him. The warm rays of the sun fell softly on his face, making him squint his eyes a little. After a few brief moments, Eduardo now turned to his right and reached for the cup with its steaming contents. The warm spicy steam of the espresso rose to his nose as he drank. The cup was not emptied in one go, but after each small sip was placed back on the saucer, which still had some coffee powder on it. For this pleasure he took his time again every day. With a view of the blue sea and the shade of the lemon trees on his neck, he savored each sip to the fullest. The splashing he had heard before could now be heard more clearly here, as the small fountain was only a short distance away. His thoughts wandered briefly to the magnificent roses that rose from the walls of the fountain. His fingers gently stroked the back of the bench. It smelled wonderfully of dark wood, coupled with a slight residue of yesterday's wood polish. Melodic birdsong could be heard from the trees of the plantation, punctuated by the faint rustling of leaves in the wind. Eduardo's satisfaction could only be completed with the contents of the small glass on the tray. About a thumb's width of rum filled the glass and had been his little treat every afternoon for years. Just like the espresso, Eduardo sipped the rum only sips at a time. It tasted very smooth, a little spicy with a hint of vanilla and caused a warm feeling in the center of his body without burning. Bliss spread through Eduardo as he closed his eyes, felt the wind and sun on his face, and fully savored the moment in his personal paradise.

Fin.
Heavy lightness
"Uden" from the Shooting Stars collection was one such Xerjoff fragrance that I was particularly excited about. Both here in the forum and in the vastness of the World Wide Web (does anyone still say that) it is described as a very pleasing, uncomplicated to wear and high quality fragrance - no - even celebrated. Through a swap I got hold of a sample, which I immediately tested on the day it arrived. So I also realized what is meant by everyday suitability and uncomplicated.

"Uden" starts with a citrusy freshness, without evoking any toilet cleaner associations - what a word. The briskly starting vanilla, underpinned with not too little creaminess, knows how to prevent this skillfully. Whether the creaminess is due to the amber, the coffee or even the sandalwood, I can't say, as I don't smell any of the individual scents just mentioned separately. The fact that some here perceive coffee as a particularly prominent component makes me a little envious, as this should truly give the fragrance a fair amount of uniqueness. But the way "Uden" presents itself on my skin, it reminds me a lot of "Allure Homme Édition Blanche". This is not a bad thing, the Chanel is also a great water, but - and I can not avoid to say it clearly - is a lot cheaper. I wouldn't say that the two are absolutely identical, as the Xerjoff has a bit more depth at the end, while the Chanel fragrance has a bit more citrusy freshness and less creaminess over the entire course of the scent. The parallels are however clearly erriechbar.
We can therefore state that "Uden" from the Shooting Stars collection is a really great fragrance. This lasts a long time on the skin, but without - almost untypical for Xerjoff - times not to contaminate the entire environment. The skillful play between lemony lightness and vanilla-creamy heaviness knows to please and reminds in its concept very much of "Naxos", in which, however, was worked with honey and tobacco. So who is looking for an everyday fragrance and is willing to not ask the financial question, can even access here blindly. One will truly not be with this little water. I recommend nevertheless to sniff also times "Allure Homme Édition Blanche", which is by the way, different than the denser "Uden", also suitable for high summer. The Xerjoff I see preferably in the spring and perhaps on mild summer days, but not at over 30 degrees

Stellar citrus coffee
This is another amazing Xerjoff.

One of the smoothest fragrances I've ever tried. It's a really high quality expensive smelling fragrance without being too artistic. Its sophisticated and elegant, like we come to expect from Xerjoff.

Uden entails bright citrus, airy rum, dense coffee and a beautiful touch of vanilla.

Stellar perfumery.

I love it so much, I've been conserving my sprays, which - in the end - is maybe a wrong thing to do since perfumes are to enjoy and not to stay put in a closet.

Basilisk2803Basilisk2803 16 days ago
Definite unisex, wondering from male to female and back to male again to state its masculine nature. Will be very refreshing in summer.
DarkWinterCSDarkWinterCS 2 months ago
The real shooting star. Fresh sparkling citrus on the Top. Woods, rum and vanilla brings balance and mass appealing DNA. On of my favourites
RisingChaosRisingChaos 11 months ago
Photorealistic lemon and sweet boozy opening, dries down to powdery vanilla and woods. Wonderful complex scent, excellent performance.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Sharp citruses in the opening. After some minutes, it becomes a sweet and creamy lemon scent with gaiac/sandalwood. Rum, vanilla, ambergris.
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Uden's smell itself is pretty plain and common. The difference with any other perfumes is just the incredible performance.
HermeshHermesh 7 years ago
The citrus and coffee notes in constant interaction, complemented with a hint of rum. Masterfully and clearly implemented ambivalence.

by DomiParfum
by Emirmmc
by Bartho84
by Bartho84

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Richwood by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff