Shooting Stars - Uden (2007)

Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff

Shooting Stars - Uden is a popular perfume by XerJoff for men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGaiac wood, Rose, Rum, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Coffee, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 11.05.2019

8.0 6.0 8.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Hm... does he look like a certain sculpture?
Hello folks, here I am again!
Uhh,... for some I am a nuisance here, but others seem to be really happy to hear from me here or to read, and that makes me happy too :D
But first of all a Happy and Happy New Year on all sides :)

I hope you had a pleasant New Year's Eve. I myself was with some friends at my brother's, it was great, there was something nice to eat and we drank a lot and generally made stupid stuff :D
No, we didn't fire, because there are more animals on the road in the country and they are really afraid of firecrackers, but we drank a lot, played around and, typically Nerdmäßig, played around with our lightsabers... and yes, I know how this sounds... :DD

Anyway, I'm starting the year with a new commies. This time to Uden by Xerjoff, who is supposed to be a citric fresh scent (you know, at some point every winter is over, so I already present a fresh scent here... and because I just fished out this scent sample :D). And yeah... it's a men's scent again! Sure didn't think I'd test a men's scent, did you? Argh... many still think that I would ONLY test women's fragrances, aaaargh, I could get upset again, BUT: I should start the new year more positive, shouldn't I? D

So I calm down again, just complain internally (he he) and describe how the smell smells here, which by the way is supposed to smell great for many!

The fragrance:
The fragrance starts with a very nice lemon-grapefruit combination, which smells great, smells fresh (but not really refreshing) and is also slightly spicy, which is probably due to the woody notes. And believe it or not... the scent reminds me extremely of Sculpture by Nikos. It's almost like Sculpture and Uden are scented twins. Even the striking, synthetic touch is clearly visible here. That might bother some people, especially with such an expensive fragrance, but well... this synthetic is okay, at least it's not one of those annoying synthetic notes that make many fragrances seem so cheap and "quickly mixed together" in my opinion. So everything is okay and we go on :)
I can't really smell rum and rose, but it goes on with a nice, sweet amber scent, to which a little vanilla is added, which will probably become stronger later as usual.
A few hours later the similarities to the Sculpture become less and less. The synthetic touch gradually disappears and the scent then smells more like amber, while Nikos Sculpture actually almost continuously smells as it begins. By the way, one only smells very little coffee, and only if one sniffs at the sprayed place. And with amber and vanilla the fragrance ends for the most part and smells really nice at any time.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
I think the charisma is okay, it's not a real blast, but from close or not too far away it's good to smell.
The durability is already much better and lasts more than ten-twelve hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is slightly inflated and has a metallic gold plaque with the XerJoff logo on the front. The brand name was engraved into the round neck, on it the golden lid is placed, which reminds me, as always, of the royal crowns of Lower Egypt at that time. But there is also a rectangular flacon variant, slightly wider in height, with a larger gold plaque on the front, showing the logo and the profile of a woman with wavy hair, from whom a shooting star (matching the name) emanates. Both flacons are beautiful and look high quality, but I like the rectangular version a bit better.

So... well I think Uden is very successful, but that's no wonder, because I also like Sculpture by Nikos very much and these two scents really smell extremely similar. At least for the first few hours. And since you can even smell the synthetic touch as described above, which is also present in the Sculpture, you have to like this touch because the similarity of the scents lasts for several hours before the course of the scent changes completely.

As I said, the fragrance then becomes more ambry... or as they say, it gets an ever stronger amber note and blends with the vanilla, where also the synthetic disappears. Either way, I like both phases of the fragrance. But if you like the first phase more, I recommend Sculpture rather than this fragrance here. Especially as Scuplture (bought online) costs more than 10 times less than this fragrance here :D

Hm, by the way, Uden is an everyday fragrance for me, which works especially well in spring and autumn and which you can also use very well for going out!

Well then, that's it, have a nice evening and see you soon :)
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

The Playful
Gourmands and fragrances with a strong vanilla/tone bean base are usually not my concern. I just can't do anything with this sticky heavy sweetness - sometimes it makes me sick. I also rarely have a craving for sweets when I'm eating. But since Uden only falls into this category to a limited extent and has a fresh citrus note in contrast to the base, I simply had to test it. XerJoff has become my favourite (niche) brand.

The start has it all, because this is absolutely refreshingly cool and characterized by an acidic, juicy lemon. This combination lasts about two hours, although it gets weaker with time and the other side of Uden becomes dominant. Right from the start, the vanilla, which is accompanied by a slight sweetness, resonates in the background. In the further course a slight rum note and coffee are at least to be guessed, however I would estimate the two as less conspicuous. However, there is something attractive and sensual about the whole mixture. The musk probably prevents Uden from drifting in a too dense, gourmand direction. I would not describe the scent as particularly woody - if, then only towards the base.

Some will see it differently, but for me the first two to three hours are really the best part of Uden. Afterwards, the scent loses its balance a little and no longer appears so multi-faceted, because I perceive the vanilla and a certain, still bearable sweetness very strongly, in contrast to the rest. In the long run this basic chord could become a bit too strenuous for me, but now and then I feel like such scents. Uden is definitely suitable for many situations in life - especially for going out, as he is already a'crowdpleaser', which should be well received in all age groups.
9.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

KianJafari
For those who are luxerious
It is a luxurious perfume not only in terms of the bottle but also in terms of smelling. Those who want to smell luxurious Uden is one of the best. It contains amazingly good citrus notes covered by luxurious oud and wood. It is too attractive to me.
10.0 2.5 5.0 6.0/10

4711 for those with money to burn
Totally unisex in my opinion and absolutely inoffensive.
It wears very close to the skin, and the softness and roundness of the fragrance is in sharp contrast with the angular cold metallic physique of the bottle.

Surprised to see this classified as an Aromatic Spicy since to my nose, it is a rather obvious Citrus scent, with a discreet Play-Doh vibe hovering in the background.

Nothing groundbreaking, but perfectly pleasant and wearable (think 4711).
Would I fork out for a full price bottle?

Hermesh 4 years ago
The citrus and coffee notes in constant interaction, complemented with a hint of rum. Masterfully and clearly implemented ambivalence.+3
10.0

by Swuuusch
by Nikoloz
by Nikoloz

Popular XerJoff

Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Erba Pura by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Casamorati - Fiore d'Ulivo by XerJoff Wardasina / Rosso Afgano by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Blue Hope by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff