Shooting Stars - Star Musk 2013

Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff
Shooting Stars - Star Musk is a popular limited perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Limited Edition
Scent goes well with Shooting Stars - Amber Star

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin zest, Floral notes, Ambergris
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Iris, Clove, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Vanilla, Mysore sandalwood, Benzoin, Opoponax

Submitted by Avelus, last update on 04.10.2020.

A holiday on Lake Maggiore
Star Musk is light, Star Musk is gentle.

Star Musk gives the impression of a weak-breasted fragrance. Because many fragrances that are so gentle are weak-breasted. And when you smell this wonderfully round composition, you simply cannot imagine a room-filling sillage. Think!

The truth is different. This fragrance is - despite its round softness - a real breaker. It fills a room with enthusiasm. And not only those who like the scent. When friends of mine wear it, I can perceive it already from meters. The fragrance is one of the few fragrances that manage to fill rooms with such a gentle and light scent character.

Musk scents can be roughly divided into two categories. There is once the sharp, almost pungent musk. Like in Roberto Ugolini's Blue Sude Shoes. I don't think it's as bad as the negative word "stinging" would suggest (the top note needs to be improved, I think). The other category is that of soft musk, which I am not the biggest fan of as a lover of oriental scents.

With Musk Star, however, things are a little different: the gentleness is what makes this fragrance so special. The opening is certainly a bit citric and floral, and gives the soft musk a touch of additional lightness. This makes this fragrance a light scent, but it makes its cronies - often to be found in the designer fragrance segment - smile at their anti-elegance. For me, the fragrance is a fragrance for the holidays. For holidays, on an Italian or Swiss lake, in one of the old-fashioned five-star hotels. Which can be combined well with the Amber Star. But it can also stand on its own.

In the dry-down, the fragrance becomes more vanilla and creamy overall. But in a way that doesn't take away the Italian summer lifestyle.

Conclusion: The association with my holidays in Italy is always a high compliment to a fragrance for me. You can read why in my commentary on Alexandria II. It is suitable for every occasion that somehow demands a special elegance, but at the same time forbids obtrusiveness. With this fragrance you can be clearly perceived without attracting attention. An excellent performance by the perfumer. I have to see where I can get one. Because I like Amber Star, too, but it's not nearly as beautiful as Star Musk. Cheers
Look for....
Carrie Bradshaw is a shoe addict... I'm definitely a perfume addict. Although the smell of leather shoes, leather bags and leather jackets is also like perfume for me.
I'm still shocked... I did it. I took the Xerfoff double pack out of my Christmas bonus. I owe the wonderful Amber Star, only a few drops were still in the bottle, to sniff out and my fragrance centre struck directly the have-will alarm. Then I researched how to get the scent, because I live in a scented province.....but the surroundings are beautiful and I don't want to leave here:-))
Then I found out that the Amber Star only exists with his white brother as mentioned before.
At the thought of spending so much money on a scent I got heart racing......but the have-will truly be stronger.
Black and white moved in with me and I have to say the white one overpowered me. It was direct love.
If love would be a fragrance then it would be Star Musk for me......it is soft and creamy in the first place, soft-powdery and sweet, slightly woody.... also mysterious, mystical.
I find it difficult to name the individual fragrance components. For me they are wonderful creamy-sweet, lightly roasted clouds, or even better a creamy-white cashmere sweater to cuddle in.
A fragrance to close your eyes and dream.
The durability I would judge with approx. 8h the Sillage is not exaggerated but well perceptible
This fragrance and its black brother have a place of honour on my fragrance chest and the price - what the hell - woman lives only once - or?

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 45 days ago
Initially bright fruity, this slightly soapy, powdery spicy-floral Mid season fragrance settles to a gentle sweet resinous-woody base.

by Kirthi
by Sayuri
by Maggy4u
by Maggy4u

Popular XerJoff

Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff