Shooting Stars - Star Musk 2013

Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff
Shooting Stars - Star Musk is a popular limited perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Limited Edition
Scent goes well with Shooting Stars - Amber Star

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange zest, Floral notes, Ambergris
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Iris, Clove, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Vanilla, Mysore sandalwood, Benzoin, Opoponax

Submitted by Avelus, last update on 28.12.2020.

Alpha and Omega
Alpha and Omega. Two very popular terms. Not least, these words serve as a symbol (The Omega brand as a Swiss watch movement) or as a definition of an archetype (Alpha as the terminology for leader, highest in rank).
They form the beginning and the end of the Greek alphabet and have a not insignificant importance in Christianity. Simply stated, Christ presented Himself as first and last, thus inferring an identity of essence to God. Described differently or more freely, the concepts of alpha and omega can also be translated as beginning and end.

- sorry, I don't want to bore you with history, but is now also over. -

I think the basic idea translates well to Amber Star and Star Musk.
I had already described Amber Star. My preliminary judgment turned out very well, but was only preliminary, because I also wanted to put this in context with Star Musk. Finally, Xerjoff proclaims the fragrances as a pair, for me like Alpha and Omega.

Star Musk is what I consider to be a very bright fragrance. I don't know why, but I definitely have the feeling of smelling fresh white laundry. Was it Persil, which advertised with long clothes horse, far-reaching green meadow and white laundry? I do not remember.

At the beginning, fresh floral notes are present. According to my nose, a minimal citric resonates subliminally, but may well deceive me here. Tangerine, which I eat moreover very gladly, I perceive well. The start is a little too present. Too loud, too engaging. A little more quiet would have done well here.
Immediately we approach the heart that opens with patchouli and is great accompanied by vetiver and iris. Cinnamon I do not really perceive - but is not really tragic, because I do not like cinnamon and have never understood why people eat rice pudding and cinnamon ;).
The overall artwork is strongly interwoven, so that its individual components are difficult to differentiate. Vanilla has an accompanying tone right now and gets stronger with time. I like vanilla very much so that makes me happy. Musk still wafts shimmeringly through my nose at some point and it fades out after long hours.
Longevity and sillage are similar to Amber Star. However, I like the minimally better.

Taken for itself, we have so two good fragrances, no good - very good fragrances.
But why now Alpha and Omega?

Basic idea behind the concept was certainly to achieve perfection through both fragrances. By layering they interact with each other and show again other qualities. Their true strength, so to speak.
Now it shows for me that they are the beginning standing on their own, combined the destination of the journey.
Layered we have an intangible, great harmonious fragrance that I absolutely love to wear, if not always.
Especially since the 10 meters against the wind to smell :)

Vllt recommend I the customer service yes, times about the idea to think to laser an addition on the quite beautiful art objects. ;)

Xerjoff. You've done a great job!
A holiday on Lake Maggiore
Star Musk is light, Star Musk is gentle.

Star Musk gives the impression of a weak-breasted fragrance. Because many fragrances that are so gentle are weak-breasted. And when you smell this wonderfully round composition, you simply cannot imagine a room-filling sillage. Think!

The truth is different. This fragrance is - despite its round softness - a real breaker. It fills a room with enthusiasm. And not only those who like the scent. When friends of mine wear it, I can perceive it already from meters. The fragrance is one of the few fragrances that manage to fill rooms with such a gentle and light scent character.

Musk scents can be roughly divided into two categories. There is once the sharp, almost pungent musk. Like in Roberto Ugolini's Blue Sude Shoes. I don't think it's as bad as the negative word "stinging" would suggest (the top note needs to be improved, I think). The other category is that of soft musk, which I am not the biggest fan of as a lover of oriental scents.

With Musk Star, however, things are a little different: the gentleness is what makes this fragrance so special. The opening is certainly a bit citric and floral, and gives the soft musk a touch of additional lightness. This makes this fragrance a light scent, but it makes its cronies - often to be found in the designer fragrance segment - smile at their anti-elegance. For me, the fragrance is a fragrance for the holidays. For holidays, on an Italian or Swiss lake, in one of the old-fashioned five-star hotels. Which can be combined well with the Amber Star. But it can also stand on its own.

In the dry-down, the fragrance becomes more vanilla and creamy overall. But in a way that doesn't take away the Italian summer lifestyle.

Conclusion: The association with my holidays in Italy is always a high compliment to a fragrance for me. You can read why in my commentary on Alexandria II. It is suitable for every occasion that somehow demands a special elegance, but at the same time forbids obtrusiveness. With this fragrance you can be clearly perceived without attracting attention. An excellent performance by the perfumer. I have to see where I can get one. Because I like Amber Star, too, but it's not nearly as beautiful as Star Musk. Cheers
Look for....
Carrie Bradshaw is a shoe addict... I'm definitely a perfume addict. Although the smell of leather shoes, leather bags and leather jackets is also like perfume for me.
I'm still shocked... I did it. I took the Xerfoff double pack out of my Christmas bonus. I owe the wonderful Amber Star, only a few drops were still in the bottle, to sniff out and my fragrance centre struck directly the have-will alarm. Then I researched how to get the scent, because I live in a scented province.....but the surroundings are beautiful and I don't want to leave here:-))
Then I found out that the Amber Star only exists with his white brother as mentioned before.
At the thought of spending so much money on a scent I got heart racing......but the have-will truly be stronger.
Black and white moved in with me and I have to say the white one overpowered me. It was direct love.
If love would be a fragrance then it would be Star Musk for me......it is soft and creamy in the first place, soft-powdery and sweet, slightly woody.... also mysterious, mystical.
I find it difficult to name the individual fragrance components. For me they are wonderful creamy-sweet, lightly roasted clouds, or even better a creamy-white cashmere sweater to cuddle in.
A fragrance to close your eyes and dream.
The durability I would judge with approx. 8h the Sillage is not exaggerated but well perceptible
This fragrance and its black brother have a place of honour on my fragrance chest and the price - what the hell - woman lives only once - or?

RazvanykeRazvanyke 1 month ago
Very classy scent, the one you would wear at the opera with your loved one for a night to never forget. Floral notes, Musk and Vanilla.Class
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
Initially bright fruity, this slightly soapy, powdery spicy-floral Mid season fragrance settles to a gentle sweet resinous-woody base.

by Kirthi
by Sayuri
by Maggy4u
by Maggy4u

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff