Uden Overdose (2018)

Uden Overdose by XerJoff

Uden Overdose is a popular perfume by XerJoff for men and was released in 2018. The scent is citrusy-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesGinger, Tobacco blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk

Submitted by Amourage, last update on 23.02.2020.

Uden Overdose (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• XERJOFF UDEN OVERDOSE •

All my Xerjoff experiences so far have been great (Naxos, More Than Words, Nio) and 2018's Uden Overdose joins the club.

Uden Overdose reminded me of Versace's The Dreamer immediately after applying. The opening of The Dreamer is easily the worst out of all the fragrances that I own, but I do love the drydown. Uden Overdose does not have the harsh opening and is really smooth from the first moment. It does have a bit of a bubblegum, glue, nail polish remover vibe that I got from The Dreamer, but it's not nearly as bad.

It's hard to say if I feel like tobacco blossom is the main note here. I think it is, but it's so smooth and subtle that it blends in really well. Lemon and bergamote make for a fresh accord that lasts pretty long, making this warmer weather appropriate in a way a tobbaco fragrance rarely is. My nose probably doesn't know how to detect ginger, but it's listed. In the drydown, more sweetness comes in, giving it a hint of the Naxos DNA, but ultimately becoming less exciting.

As much as I've been loving discovering Xerjoff, I find their prices hard to justify and that applies most to Uden Overdose. It's a great fragrance, high quality and smooth, but it doesn't have the wow-factor that More Than Words' opening had for me •

Please follow my IG Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Overdose Conformism
An overdose usually does not promise anything good, because the meaning of the word does not lie simply in more of something specific, but in too much. Even fragrances can be too much at some point and thus become annoying and seem out of place. Anyone who knows Uden knows that he is developing very progressively from a very cool, fresh and juicy citrus top note to a warm, soft base dominated by vanilla, amber and musk. I could hardly imagine an overdose of it, but as my headline already indicates, it is not what you should expect from this fragrance.

The colours, which for me represent Uden and Uden Overdose, already show essential differences: While the former reminds of sunny yellow, a little sky blue and later red-golden amber, the latter evokes light yellow, dull green and brown tones and perhaps even a little grey.

In my opinion Uden Overdose starts even less intensive than its predecessor, because the citrus chord, which by the way is the only thing that remains in the successor, seems less powerful overall and is also not supported by this cool freshness of Uden, which is difficult to define. Instead, Xerjoff now relies on the spiciness of ginger and the todays tobacco blossom, which is by no means floral. In general, Uden Overdose seems to me to be very dry, much more woody and less sweet. I therefore consider the classification as a gourmand to be absolutely incorrect - in Uden even only partially. A slightly ambry base note becomes noticeable with time, but it is much less present and I can also perceive a light pencil note, which actually always spoils a scent for me, but is fortunately pleasantly reserved here. In Uden I can only guess the same sometimes very slightly.

In summary, it can be said that Uden Overdose has discarded the playfulness of its predecessor (see my commentary) and appears much more serious, but also more masculine. So he's grown up. But unfortunately many people lose the childlike qualities that can enrich life as they grow older - and so this Xerjoff drifts quite a bit towards the designer area, does without strong contrasts, like Uden, and remains relatively linear. The higher price cannot be justified; the clearly better quality, especially in terms of longevity (approx. 8-9 hours), however, cannot be denied.

From a critical point of view, Uden Overdose is neither really fresh nor particularly warm. That's why it's probably best suited to spring and autumn. He still has certain all-rounder qualities and if it weren't for the high price, my rating would even be a little higher, because I have to admit that he just felt good wearing it four times and my girlfriend said right away that I smelled good when I hung him up for the first time. But too much adaptability often has a paralyzing effect and so I save myself the overdose. Is also healthier...

by MrSimonM
by MrSimonM
by Tcova
by Tcova

Popular XerJoff

Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Oud Stars - Indochine by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Laylati / Afgano Puro by XerJoff