Uden Overdose 2018

Uden Overdose by XerJoff
Uden Overdose is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is citrusy-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesLemonLemon
BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesGingerGinger
Tobacco flowerTobacco flower
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk

Submitted by Amourage, last update on 17.09.2021.

Uden Overdose
I have never smelled a fresher, more pleasant scent. He keeps on my skin with two pushes, depending on the outside temperature and how much I sweat, about 12-16 hours. Top performance.
The intensity of the scent is also very strong. With two puffs, the scent settles to skin tight after about 8 hours, though it is still DEEPLY smellable if someone brushes past you. Four times I have worn in from the bottle so far and EVERY time I have been asked about it, exclusively positive.
Who has about 250€ for 50ml spare, there you go.
My areas of application: Not at work, Datenight (vorallem im Sommer draußen, beim Italiener, am See/Fluss perfekt), celebrations/occasions on which I want to stand out.

Denijo
The Modern Man and Summer....
The normal Uben acts very quickly close to the skin and is he the cuddly scent. Uden Overdose with the lemon and ginger, very nice summer scent, more masculine than the normal Uden. You should definitely test it, very nice!

MrLawman
Does knowledge increase joy?
My peace is gone. And search. And searching. And find it nowhere. Not even, though it seems a logical place to start, on Xerjoff's page: the meaning of Uden.

Which makes me wonder: do you experience a scent differently if you don't know its meaning?And if you don't like it, is it because of your "ignorance"? If the nice "beauty ambassador" then "helps you out" in the store, will you understand it and find it better because of that?And if you don't like it, is that because of your "ignorance"? If the nice "beauty ambassador" then "helps you out" in the store, will you understand her and therefore find her better?

Does knowledge increase happiness? I don't. What do you think?

Uden Oversode is a lot of pleasant and easy to wear perfume from Xerjoff. It feels like a semi-gourmand with a nice shift to a light aquatic note in the dry down. Imagine a lightly caramelized lemon with a tiny pinch of coffee and tobaco in the opening. Once this settles, the musk starts to appear and then a nice aquatic overtone comes through to keep it fresh and slightly generic. The quality of the notes is high and the blend is excellent, this will appeal to someone looking for a safe summer Xerjoff and it will garner compliments.

But still, what about the name? Do names affect the way we experience and judge perfumes?

It's a question we should ask ourselves....

But what is the (correct) answer, if there is one?

Uden Overdose (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• XERJOFF UDEN OVERDOSE •

All my Xerjoff experiences so far have been great (Naxos, More Than Words, Nio) and 2018's Uden Overdose joins the club.

Uden Overdose reminded me of Versace's The Dreamer immediately after applying. The opening of The Dreamer is easily the worst out of all the fragrances that I own, but I do love the drydown. Uden Overdose does not have the harsh opening and is really smooth from the first moment. It does have a bit of a bubblegum, glue, nail polish remover vibe that I got from The Dreamer, but it's not nearly as bad.

It's hard to say if I feel like tobacco blossom is the main note here. I think it is, but it's so smooth and subtle that it blends in really well. Lemon and bergamote make for a fresh accord that lasts pretty long, making this warmer weather appropriate in a way a tobbaco fragrance rarely is. My nose probably doesn't know how to detect ginger, but it's listed. In the drydown, more sweetness comes in, giving it a hint of the Naxos DNA, but ultimately becoming less exciting.

As much as I've been loving discovering Xerjoff, I find their prices hard to justify and that applies most to Uden Overdose. It's a great fragrance, high quality and smooth, but it doesn't have the wow-factor that More Than Words' opening had for me •

Please follow my IG Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography
Overdose Conformism
An overdose usually does not promise anything good, because the meaning of the word does not lie simply in more of something specific, but in too much. Even fragrances can be too much at some point and thus become annoying and seem out of place. Anyone who knows Uden knows that he is developing very progressively from a very cool, fresh and juicy citrus top note to a warm, soft base dominated by vanilla, amber and musk. I could hardly imagine an overdose of it, but as my headline already indicates, it is not what you should expect from this fragrance.

The colours, which for me represent Uden and Uden Overdose, already show essential differences: While the former reminds of sunny yellow, a little sky blue and later red-golden amber, the latter evokes light yellow, dull green and brown tones and perhaps even a little grey.

In my opinion Uden Overdose starts even less intensive than its predecessor, because the citrus chord, which by the way is the only thing that remains in the successor, seems less powerful overall and is also not supported by this cool freshness of Uden, which is difficult to define. Instead, Xerjoff now relies on the spiciness of ginger and the todays tobacco blossom, which is by no means floral. In general, Uden Overdose seems to me to be very dry, much more woody and less sweet. I therefore consider the classification as a gourmand to be absolutely incorrect - in Uden even only partially. A slightly ambry base note becomes noticeable with time, but it is much less present and I can also perceive a light pencil note, which actually always spoils a scent for me, but is fortunately pleasantly reserved here. In Uden I can only guess the same sometimes very slightly.

In summary, it can be said that Uden Overdose has discarded the playfulness of its predecessor (see my commentary) and appears much more serious, but also more masculine. So he's grown up. But unfortunately many people lose the childlike qualities that can enrich life as they grow older - and so this Xerjoff drifts quite a bit towards the designer area, does without strong contrasts, like Uden, and remains relatively linear. The higher price cannot be justified; the clearly better quality, especially in terms of longevity (approx. 8-9 hours), however, cannot be denied.

From a critical point of view, Uden Overdose is neither really fresh nor particularly warm. That's why it's probably best suited to spring and autumn. He still has certain all-rounder qualities and if it weren't for the high price, my rating would even be a little higher, because I have to admit that he just felt good wearing it four times and my girlfriend said right away that I smelled good when I hung him up for the first time. But too much adaptability often has a paralyzing effect and so I save myself the overdose. Is also healthier...

BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 days ago
In the opening, the tobacco flower reminds me of a lemony Versace The Dreamer. Drydown is a beautiful blend of ginger, sweet amber and musk.
MariaSMariaS 2 months ago
It’s a fresh aquatic soapy scent! Smells refreshing! Not for my taste but it’s a good quality scent!
RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
Lemon and sweet booze, powdery vanilla and woods. A less boozy and citric, more vanillic and woody Uden. More dry.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
Initially bright citric, this fresh spicy-floral aquatic Mid season fragrance slowly settles to a gentle creamy woody base. Male-oriented.

by Boban
by Saschispatz
by Tcova
by Tcova

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff