XJ 1861 Naxos 2015

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff
Top 1 in Unisex Perfume
8.8 / 102015 Ratings
XJ 1861 Naxos is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot LemonLemon LavenderLavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoneyHoney CinnamonCinnamon CashmereCashmere
Base Notes Base NotesTobaccoTobacco Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla

8.82015 Ratings

8.91915 Ratings

8.51914 Ratings

Submitted by Michael, last update on 26.05.2022.

NAXOS
Cuban Bumblebee visits south of Europe...

Right off the bat you get the creamy, delicious honey, but nothing cloying or overly sweet. This goes together with lavender and some citruses that take this honey to the shiny, bright and uplifting territory.

This to me is a happy fragrance, like the flight of a bumblebee going through a field of lavender and citrus trees.

In the base you have the tobacco, but nothing smokey or burnt, is more like a fresh-cut cherry tobacco that settles all the other notes. To round this up tonka bean and some vanilla amplifies the deliciousness of this juice, not a gourmand one in any case. It's just right.

I find it also very elegant, unisex, better for colder weather and day or night appropriate. Very good performance with a nice not-synthetic smell for one of the cheapest of the Brand. This shows that Momo can deliver a long lasting, nice fragrance without these heavy, harsh, synthetics woods/ouds you may find in some of his offerings.

Uniqueness: medium

Scent: 8.5/10

Performance: high

The Son Of The Sun
Naxos has many meanings. It can refer to a Greek island, to both ancient and modern cities of Sicily, but also three eponyms of the island of Naxos, namely the son of Endymion, the son of Apollo, and the son of Polemon. However, being a niche Italian brand, I would like to associate Naxos with the ancient Greek city, currently located in modern Giardini Naxos near Taormina on the east coast of Sicily in southern Italy. Therefore, when I received and tried a sample of this perfume, I expected a fresh and citrus fragrance straight into my head. Something hesperidic, reminiscent of summer, the scorching sun is kissing white houses, the warm, salty breeze blowing from the Ionian Sea, something like #light blue to give you an idea. But no, that is not the case. Naxos experience starts with a bright opening, but a completely different one than I expected. The essence is opposed to the citrus and fresh families. Here we face something oriental and fougére, predominantly a tobacco flower fragrance, more complex and deep, a combination that I like. So how did this mysterious scent present itself when it touched my skin? Let's find out together.

First, when I saw that so many people had associated this niche perfume with Bogart pour Homme Eau de Toilette I couldn't believe it. "How is it possible?" I said to myself. Well, seeing is believing, two sprays of each perfume on the back of my hands, and voila! The two scents are practically identical in the opening blast and throughout the scent's evolution, passing from the central heart chords to the final dry-down ones. But, perhaps, the dry-down is a breakeven, and Naxos results in more unisex with a feminine slant, whereas Bogart remains masculine, animal and has something dirtier. Instead, the albeit distant similarity with Insurrection II Wild is tiny rather than nothing on my skin. While Naxos and Bogart release sweet and honeyed accords, Insurrection Wild veers towards aromatic and herbaceous undertones.

At first, its slightly acidic and herbaceous notes fill you with joy that grows with intensity and exoticism thanks to honeyed, smoky and sweet undertones. It opens opulent and rich, with a burst of smooth tobacco, citrus, lime and some herbs. It is simply divine. Citrus fruits are there, but they are subdued. Sweet and enveloping right away, it releases an aroma of honey mixed with fleeting sparkling notes at the opening. Honestly, I was expecting a citrus blast, but I get something spicier, with pepper, cinnamon and a solid mentholated anise vibe too.

The heart exudes something unexpected. Despite the pyramid, the bitterness of the almond is a note that I perceive the most. As the heart rests on the skin, it releases a dusty scent of almonds with honey, reminiscent of nougat and Sicily. Honey evolves quickly, becoming almost almondy, wonderful, sweet at the right point, very elegant. In addition, a very light and powdery lavender leaves its floral touch. The flower of Provence is polarizing, and for a moment, it is just a calm breeze that passes softly in the background; the next moment is quite decisive, and sometimes even medicinal, like a bouquet freshly picked in the fields of Grasse. Lavender gives a slightly soapy and powdery vibe to this fragrance for life. This mixture of images, spices, and colours also makes me smell the Sicilian cassata's famous candied fruit. And it's an exciting part for me as it offers bitter almonds mixed with tobacco, tonka bean and tobacco, which I love. If honey is not enough, indole jasmine, luxuriant and immensely syrupy, amplifies an almost candied sweetness. The combination of tobacco and honey always plays a fundamental role, especially at the end, when it becomes warm and soft and carries a more virile imprint. Honey isn't choking or killing other notes but subtly and elegantly gives a rich, deep base with jasmine and tobacco.

The undertone of vanilla is always present and appears creamy, silky, supple and perfectly balanced, without even a squeaky sugar or nuanced hint of gooey caramel. Cashmere contrasts with cinnamon; on the one hand, a warm and comforting note, on the other, a slight spiciness. But the most exciting thing in the base is the notes of tobacco, vanilla and tonka, which give me a wonderfully sweet and never cloying fragrance, suitable for every situation and context, mature but capable of being modern, greedy always natural, which gives elegance and refinement. Over time, the images and notes change faster and faster, thanks to the impact of silky vanilla, dry woods, incense-like smokiness, spicy patchouli, and even a little amber alcohol.

Naxos is an influential artist. It is a great perfume, no doubt about it. So evocative. The sillage is broad, and the persistence is long-lived. For me, it is the perfume that embodies the cold months, especially during the day. Dried spices predict autumn very well. The sweetness of honey can cut through the cold winter air.

I base the review on a decant I have owned since December 2021.

-Elysium
Love at first sight
When I got this wonderful fragrance from a dear Parfumo as a sample, I have directly fallen in love with this fragrance shock. With his in my opinion initially citrus note and later very Honiglichen Drydown he fits into every season.
Also the sillage and the durability is above average good.
Conclusion: Can also be bought blind.
DeVitoHH
Between YouTube recommendations, misconceptions, and some marketing...
At the risk that I get here an "unhelpful review" or the like, I would like to note in advance once that it does not matter to me here to represent a fragrance (particularly) bad or to doubt its quality, etc.. Not that someone feels here at the end on the known slip.

But the fact is definitely that the good Naxos and I will never be the best of friends... but what is that exactly?

The fragrance actually starts off very nicely citrusy. Not fresh, more into a kind of lemon cake and is accompanied undertone by the lavender. Up to here everything in order and very elegant/well-being.

Shortly thereafter, however, bangs one (at least in my opinion) the sticky / oversweet honey so so violently around the ears that one is literally slain.

Maybe it's just because I don't like honey?

I almost argue no...

Because it is at this point that I would like to return to my subject line.

Listed in the base is one of my favorite notes, if not THE favorite note in fragrances, which is tobacco.

Unfortunately, I wait in vain to this day for this to kick in in any form. Neither on my skin, nor on a test strip emerge according to my sensation tobacco in the course.

Since I got me on the basis of felt 10,000 + review / recommendations on YouTube a bottling, in which simply all people do not ONLY talk about the honey, but have especially emphasized the beautiful tobacco, I was after receiving my sample accordingly disappointed!

Naxos is for me in the end rather a VERY VERY VERY SWEET honey scent, which is accompanied by a actually very nice and unusual lemon. Is becomes through the vanilla and the tonka bean in the base in the long run in my opinion rather even sweeter, whereby I would definitely not call this fragrance a tobacco fragrance or even in this category.

When talking about a tobacco fragrance, I think of something like Tobacco Oud , Broken Theories , Atman Xaman Eau de Parfum!

These fragrances fulfill this stereotype perfectly as they bring something dark, mystical and also slightly dirty.

Naxos does this mMn in no way!

The quality behind it is certainly very good and also the durability, sillage as well as the flacon are 1A.
So who is looking for an elegant, but very sweet fragrance for the evening, will be perfectly happy here.

Is perfect for the fall, as well as winter. However, see this at least in combination with a shirt / polo shirt.

In the end, however, that is in the eye of the beholder
FWFreg
Citrus honey tobacco, does that go together?
Since I myself am a big fan of Xerjoff, I'm not sooner or later to the fragrance "Naxos" come.
I was positively taken when I read about the fragrance notes.

Full of anticipation, I ordered a bottle and tested directly. I was surprised, it starts with light citrus notes combined with cinnamon and honey, which makes it very pleasant, but feminine in my eyes.
The base, however, comes afterwards, it consists of tobacco and tonka bean, which gives the fragrance the masculine note.
I myself was thrilled by this fragrance right away.
My girlfriend was also so taken that she wanted to test it directly. Ultimately, I must say, I smell the fragrance even rather on her, as on myself.

An absolute unisex fragrance and wearable all year round.
In our opinion, quite rightly so well rated!
Nikos007
the sweet Naxos (alternative to Gaultier2)
A very sweet fragrance.unfortunately for me nothing special.the vanilla is very dominant.
The fragrance is not a light, rather winter or autumn.
According to my sense of smell, it strongly resembles JP Gaultier2 which was discontinued.
This is the luxurious version like the comparative Puch and the present G Kasse .
He gets very quickly boring .

JasparTorpus
Hmm, not really my cup of tea
On Friday I went to Hamburg, to the perfumery of my confidence, with the firm intention to finally own one of these infamous niche fragrances. Lately, I had developed a real addiction to perfumes, after niche fragrances more precisely said and that, although I owned none.
No sooner said than done, but then none of the fragrances wanted to do it to me. Can of course also be due to the fact that perfumes, if they are only applied to test strips, simply do not have the opportunity to unfold their wonderful magic.
In the closer selection came then but on the advice of the helpful saleswoman "Naxos" by Xerjoff, because this fragrance is according to her lately with the youth totally hip and actually you can do with it also really nothing wrong. On the fragrance strip, however, the fragrance did not really want to do it to me, he smelled just too penetrating only honey. Since I didn't really like any of the scents, but I really wanted to buy one, I had "Naxos" applied to my forearm. In order to get to know the fragrance, I went shopping and had a coffee. The first testing already perceived, penetrating honey smell would not give way but partout. Instead, lavender and cinnamon joined in with a pleasant undertone. This fresh spice did it to me, however, and since I had come with the firm intention of buying a fragrance, I marched back to the perfumery and bought "Naxos". At first, the euphoria was great, finally I could hold my first, own niche fragrance in hands.
arrived at home I applied the fragrance again and felt the honey note immediately as much too penetrating and sweet. I had the fragrance directly over.

My conclusion: don't force yourself to buy a fragrance, it doesn't make you happy. He must really like.
A really interesting fragrance, which stands others certainly, he did it to me, however, not to the desired extent.

naxos baby
love this one. it is so smooth so elegant full of quality and you notice it in the smell. people say this is sweet but honestly i don't really get this real 'sweetnes' it has some but i dont know its different than anything else i have smelled that like the vanilla sweetness for example. but i have no idea how people are comparing this to pura havane? pure havane is much sweeter and cherryish like. to me they are really different. this has some airyness to it. you instantly notice that this is not designer quality. it smells delicious, alluring. i let some guy smell this and he was like lord allmighty xD he almost stole the sample from me.
more masculine 9/10
Moritz2020
Opinion mongering through YouTube!
Friends of good taste, here comes the crowning glory.
When I smelled Naxos the first time, my expectations, driven by quite a few social media entries, were so high that the fragrance could never have met them.
...And well, that he has not.
Do not get me wrong. Right from the start you notice the high quality and dedication with which the fragrance was created.
Nevertheless, in my opinion, it is not an undisputed masterpiece.
What awaits you?
A great tobacco fragrance with a seductive sweetness through honey.
It is wonderfully balanced. Balances perfectly between warm sweetness and distant smokiness.
It is not a fragrance for me that I would count among the gourmands.
You have to be dressed appropriately to do this fragrance justice. With a pair of sweatpants one will certainly not succeed.
Quite especially beautiful comes the fragrance when it is colder outside. Naxos is suitable both for cozy togetherness on the couch, as well as for all other types of occasions.

Definitely give it a try, but lower your expectations if they were similar to mine. So you will have a lot of fun with this fragrance.
XJ 1861 Naxos or A*Men Pure Havane
The best way to grasp the Naxos and its complexity is to first take a little trip to the Mugler Pure Havane:

The Mugler smells from the overall impression perfectly round. Likewise, its scent course: a perfect ball that rolls down on a glass plate. Since nothing bounces, since nothing jumps, since nothing rattles. You get a mildly vanilla, golden meadow honey resting on a semi-dry light tobacco leaf, which in turn radiates mildly fine spice (not herbaceous, not plant-juice-like). The whole thing is wrapped in a covered honeycomb of honey wax, so that the very fine, herbaceous plant scents, which are inevitably picked up when collecting the pollen, are filtered away. Any presumed sticky sweetness also disappears through this neutral wax filter: only an idea of minimal caramel-like maltiness reaches the nose, supported by a dusting of cocoa. That's about it. Nothing floral, smoky, leathery. No powder.

The Xerjoff Naxos now you can basically imagine for now just as. However, it does not remain! In addition, an earthy-peaty fragrance chord joins. One thinks now and then to sniff out delicate leather of the softest luxury quality. Or even a trace of pine resin or young pine needles. Whereby this peaty strongly weakens the vanilla. The Xerjoff is thus noticeably more complex.

Is more complex now better? Given, one would take both fragrances lovingly, for sure! The Mugler awakens the association of a meadow honey-tobacco melanche wrapped in a gossamer beeswax honeycomb. You smell that very honeycomb structure. The Xerjoff develops the theme further. One associates it with a wild bee that is flying home to the hive, packed with forest honey, over a hazy peatland, to deliver its precious cargo. One smells, so to speak, the flying insect, to which the olfactory impressions of the "workplace of nature" are additionally attached. The olfactory impression is thus larger, but also somehow more pungent in association. So to speak wilder, somehow also edgier, more excited. In the case of Naxos, the Mugler honey is topped off with the natural trappings, one might almost say the natural confusion, as an encore, so to speak. The fragrance space depicted in the Xerjoff is larger - more complex. Its overall concept is more expansive. The Mugler is the extracted result, simply the end of the chain. The Xerjoff is additionally the documented origin. Moreover, Naxos' top note is much richer. The head note of the Xerjoff is actually by far better!

Given the Mugler's difficult availability in the fall of 2021, the Xerjoff has a heavy advantage from this perspective. Both scents are great. Fragrance twins? No! Same fragrance family? Yes! Read somewhere here once: if you love the Mugler, you will adore the Xerjoff. That's so true, because the Xerjoff tells the whole story, so it's more perfect, because it's more high definition. More creation told. Now whether this added value smells better, only a personal sniff test can reveal. More pure in the sense of clearer is, as said, the Pure Havane.

Wilma065Wilma065 8 days ago
This passes the "overnight test" as it still radiates the following morning. Powerhouse.
Ison19Ison19 2 months ago
Honey. We want Honey and Tobacco. It's awesome
PedroCabralPedroCabral 2 months ago
The honey note is balanced with lavender and tobacco. Elegant, cheerful and the cinnamon note adds an exquisite touch
ManCamManCam 2 months ago
Eleven years after Xerjoff decided to make a Bogart pour homme better version, more balanced and with natural oils. Very nice winter frag.
EstbienlaEstbienla 4 months ago
Improved version (best quality) of T.mugler's pure havane
Lfc1892Lfc1892 4 months ago
Stunning stuff. Beautifully warm and calming, and yet with enough citrus/herbal hints to keep it balanced and not sickly sweet.
TuxedoManTuxedoMan 5 months ago
A TRUE MASTERPIECE fragrance! On the top of the best tobacco fragrances. Wearing Naxos will really make you feel like wearing a luxury scent
Qader2009Qader2009 5 months ago
One of the best tobacco fragrances
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
indeed close to pure havanne. However less cherry and more honey with slight floral nuances.Very dense and a bit cloying..overall quite nice
ElysiumElysium 6 months ago
At first, its citrus and herbal notes fill you with joy that grows with intensity and exoticism thanks to honeyed, smoky, and sweet nuances!

by Wayofscent
by Wayofscent
by Lacrimalus
by Lacrimalus
xerjoff 1861 naxos - eine sizilianische reise...
by Felsn
by BS96
by BS96
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by 11FateUponUs
by 11FateUponUs
by ChristianD93
by ChristianD93
Like Salvador Dali painting, this perfume is a work of art!
by MariaS
by Zenturio
by Tillbrer
by Tillbrer

Popular by XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Richwood by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Accento Overdose by XerJoff