XJ 1861 Naxos 2015

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff
Top 2 in Unisex Perfume
XJ 1861 Naxos is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
CashmereCashmere
Base Notes Base NotesTobaccoTobacco
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 23.10.2021.

Fan from the beginning
I discovered Naxos on my old employer's shelf at the time and I was promptly in love!

It all starts like a fresh Nimm2, fruity and tangy, then evolves into a bittersweet honey candy and ends as a delicate incense.

The longevity is top notch and compared to the other designer fragrances, the price is totally fine.
Too bad I find that bought Influenza and sogegannte "perfume connoisseurs" are in the meantime of the opinion, this treasure like sour beer to advertise. Not that the brand ends up next to Creed
Jixaz
Fresh honey - is there such a thing?
Yes, there is - called Naxos!

First of all, I have to say: I purchased Naxos a good while BEFORE the current hype.

I first bought Naxos because of the positive reviews and the - to me - exciting sounding fragrance composition. Have me directly treated to a bottle, because I was already so taken by Erba Pura and Accento and thus trusted the brand Xerjoff simply times.

First of all, the bottle alone has totally blown me away from the optical. And I'm someone for whom the bottle already plays an important role - the eye smells with me. ;) This presentation in the noble leather box and in addition the familiar Xerjoff Flakondesign, in the case of Naxos but in the presumably sandblasted frosted glass - makes really what her!

Now to the fragrance. WOW. Just so special, I've never smelled anything like it.
I'm not an expert in describing and smelling out individual fragrances, but what you can not "over-smell" is clearly this sweetish-vanilla and at the same time fresh-citrus honey. Honey was for me before the purchase of Naxos as a fragrance first difficult to imagine. But after the first spray it was clear to me: This thing is a plank! I have not regretted it to have bought me a bottle.

The durability and sillage is just as stunning as the fragrance itself. The Holds all day long and projects without end. Three sprays on the neck, one spray on the arm and you're good to go.
A great change of the fragrance during the wearing I could not actually notice, he holds his notes over the whole time almost unchanged.

Price-wise, it's perfectly within reason in my opinion. The standard price of 220€ for 100ml is - for what you get for it - totally in order.

Conclusion: Great, special fragrance. Super durability and sillage. Price is also clear. I would buy again and again! :)
JasparTorpus
Hmm, not really my cup of tea
On Friday I went to Hamburg, to the perfumery of my confidence, with the firm intention to finally own one of these infamous niche fragrances. Lately, I had developed a real addiction to perfumes, after niche fragrances more precisely said and that, although I owned none.
No sooner said than done, but then none of the fragrances wanted to do it to me. Can of course also be due to the fact that perfumes, if they are only applied to test strips, simply do not have the opportunity to unfold their wonderful magic.
In the closer selection came then but on the advice of the helpful saleswoman "Naxos" by Xerjoff, because this fragrance is according to her lately with the youth totally hip and actually you can do with it also really nothing wrong. On the fragrance strip, however, the fragrance did not really want to do it to me, he smelled just too penetrating only honey. Since I didn't really like any of the scents, but I really wanted to buy one, I had "Naxos" applied to my forearm. In order to get to know the fragrance, I went shopping and had a coffee. The first testing already perceived, penetrating honey smell would not give way but partout. Instead, lavender and cinnamon joined in with a pleasant undertone. This fresh spice did it to me, however, and since I had come with the firm intention of buying a fragrance, I marched back to the perfumery and bought "Naxos". At first, the euphoria was great, finally I could hold my first, own niche fragrance in hands.
arrived at home I applied the fragrance again and felt the honey note immediately as much too penetrating and sweet. I had the fragrance directly over.

My conclusion: don't force yourself to buy a fragrance, it doesn't make you happy. He must really like.
A really interesting fragrance, which stands others certainly, he did it to me, however, not to the desired extent.

naxos baby
love this one. it is so smooth so elegant full of quality and you notice it in the smell. people say this is sweet but honestly i don't really get this real 'sweetnes' it has some but i dont know its different than anything else i have smelled that like the vanilla sweetness for example. but i have no idea how people are comparing this to pura havane? pure havane is much sweeter and cherryish like. to me they are really different. this has some airyness to it. you instantly notice that this is not designer quality. it smells delicious, alluring. i let some guy smell this and he was like lord allmighty xD he almost stole the sample from me.
more masculine 9/10
Moritz2020
Opinion mongering through YouTube!
Friends of good taste, here comes the crowning glory.
When I smelled Naxos the first time, my expectations, driven by quite a few social media entries, were so high that the fragrance could never have met them.
...And well, that he has not.
Do not get me wrong. Right from the start you notice the high quality and dedication with which the fragrance was created.
Nevertheless, in my opinion, it is not an undisputed masterpiece.
What awaits you?
A great tobacco fragrance with a seductive sweetness through honey.
It is wonderfully balanced. Balances perfectly between warm sweetness and distant smokiness.
It is not a fragrance for me that I would count among the gourmands.
You have to be dressed appropriately to do this fragrance justice. With a pair of sweatpants one will certainly not succeed.
Quite especially beautiful comes the fragrance when it is colder outside. Naxos is suitable both for cozy togetherness on the couch, as well as for all other types of occasions.

Definitely give it a try, but lower your expectations if they were similar to mine. So you will have a lot of fun with this fragrance.
XJ 1861 Naxos or A*Men Pure Havane
The best way to grasp the Naxos and its complexity is to first take a little trip to the Mugler Pure Havane:

The Mugler smells from the overall impression perfectly round. Likewise, its scent course: a perfect ball that rolls down on a glass plate. Since nothing bounces, since nothing jumps, since nothing rattles. You get a mildly vanilla, golden meadow honey resting on a semi-dry light tobacco leaf, which in turn radiates mildly fine spice (not herbaceous, not plant-juice-like). The whole thing is wrapped in a covered honeycomb of honey wax, so that the very fine, herbaceous plant scents, which are inevitably picked up when collecting the pollen, are filtered away. Any presumed sticky sweetness also disappears through this neutral wax filter: only an idea of minimal caramel-like maltiness reaches the nose, supported by a dusting of cocoa. That's about it. Nothing floral, smoky, leathery. No powder.

The Xerjoff Naxos now you can basically imagine for now just as. However, it does not remain! In addition, an earthy-peaty fragrance chord joins. One thinks now and then to sniff out delicate leather of the softest luxury quality. Or even a trace of pine resin or young pine needles. Whereby this peaty strongly weakens the vanilla. The Xerjoff is thus noticeably more complex.

Is more complex now better? Given, one would take both fragrances lovingly, for sure! The Mugler awakens the association of a meadow honey-tobacco melanche wrapped in a gossamer beeswax honeycomb. You smell that very honeycomb structure. The Xerjoff develops the theme further. One associates it with a wild bee that is flying home to the hive, packed with forest honey, over a hazy peatland, to deliver its precious cargo. One smells, so to speak, the flying insect, to which the olfactory impressions of the "workplace of nature" are additionally attached. The olfactory impression is thus larger, but also somehow more pungent in association. So to speak wilder, somehow also edgier, more excited. In the case of Naxos, the Mugler honey is topped off with the natural trappings, one might almost say the natural confusion, as an encore, so to speak. The fragrance space depicted in the Xerjoff is larger - more complex. Its overall concept is more expansive. The Mugler is the extracted result, simply the end of the chain. The Xerjoff is additionally the documented origin. Moreover, Naxos' top note is much richer. The head note of the Xerjoff is actually by far better!

Given the Mugler's difficult availability in the fall of 2021, the Xerjoff has a heavy advantage from this perspective. Both scents are great. Fragrance twins? No! Same fragrance family? Yes! Read somewhere here once: if you love the Mugler, you will adore the Xerjoff. That's so true, because the Xerjoff tells the whole story, so it's more perfect, because it's more high definition. More creation told. Now whether this added value smells better, only a personal sniff test can reveal. More pure in the sense of clearer is, as said, the Pure Havane.
Good fragrance, mixed feelings
Although XerJoffs Naxos was the first candidate from the Turin house, which moved in as a bottling almost a year ago with me, I could only now get up to write something about it. As already mentioned at the beginning, Naxos was my first contact with the house XerJoff, even if I had long been flirting with some fragrances from the house. In
Comparison with the other representatives, a filling here was relatively cheap to buy and so I came the first time in the pleasure of a genuine XerJoff to test, which was mind you for me at that time an absolute highlight. Precisely for this reason and due to the fact that my experience in the field of niche fragrances was to be considered rather low, the olfactory experience turned out to be absolutely outstanding and I was quickly of the opinion to have smelled no better fragrance to date and also erstmal so quickly will not smell.

Meanwhile, a lot of time has gone into the country and some XerJoffs, Tom Fords and Amouages have found their entry with me - only Naxos not. By no means should you conclude that this is a bad, boring or trivial fragrance, because it definitely does not. I think that with so many comments and statements I don't need to go into the exact composition, and that's not the crux of the matter. In a nutshell, Naxos is a wonderfully gentle honey scent with a great twist of light, subtle tobacco, natural lemon and lavender. Especially the lavender makes XerJoffs Naxos very interesting and lets in almost move in the direction of an Oriental Fougeres.

But if it is not boring, not trivial and well composed, why is it then only as a bottling in a possession?

This can be answered after a long time of testing quite well - for me, Naxos is merely a good fragrance with a nice DNA. In principle, that would be enough for most as a reason to buy, but for my terms, the house has more exciting candidates to offer. Importantly, this is not to be seen as a downgrade. For me, it just wasn't enough to fully convince me to buy a full bottle.

Also, I must honestly admit that I view the current hype around the fragrance with mixed feelings and this probably also factored into my decision not to buy. Everyone should definitely wear what he wants, since I'm the last, which acts up here as a fragrance police. But for me, a fragrance becomes significantly less interesting when it becomes the next Aventus, Layton or Kirke
Love at second sniff
Who has never smelled a Xerjoff fragrance, will certainly be surprised. When I got the fragrance the first time under the nose, it just reminded me of fresh honey from the beekeeper - which also speaks for the quality of this fragrance. I didn't notice the citrus and tobacco notes at first. According to the hype around this fragrance, I asked myself - would those who like this fragrance like to smell like honey? First spray was then equally disappointing.

The next day I tried it again and find to my surprise a citrus-fresh note, which gently transitions into a honey tobacco. Wow - I thought to myself. Why didn't I like it yesterday? Quality , H/S is great. Clear recommendation.
Jniks1
The perfect sweet and spicy ending on a late summer evening
Before I start with my fragrance description and associations maybe a few words beforehand, since this is my first review. I am since about 12 months on this site and have since discovered the perfume world for me.
I started out classically with the designers and then quickly moved on to other niche houses via typical niche entrants like PdM Layton or Creed fragrances. I was fortunately able to test many fragrances (of which I have given only a few here. In due course I will update all tested perfumes times) and have also some very good 9/10 or 9.5/10 fragrances for me to discover.

However, I said to myself. If I discover a 10/10 fragrance for me I write my first review, because I want to take my time for it.

And here is my first 10/10 fragrance. Naxos. Or as I wrote in my statement about the scent. My first tobacco honey love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scenery: It's a Monday night. Around 8pm. 20° and cloudless skies. I'm coming home after a busy day. A house in the nature. The table is already set on the terrace. One can look from there wonderfully into the nature. It's the end of August. So almost all wheat fields are harvested by now. In the distance you can only see a single one between a few corn fields and the harvested fields. As I stand on the terrace, I see two new plants hanging on the canopy. Notice these but no further.

A small time jump to the end of the meal.

"This homemade lemon juice we always mix into the water is really fucking awesome." I still have the strong taste in my mouth. The only thing that can just rival that taste is the smell of those new plants hanging from the patio roof. "What is that anyway?" I stand up and look closely for the first time. "Ahh lavender. I knew I'd seen that somewhere. It's not really my thing. Luckily they hang further away and not directly above the dining table. Otherwise the scent would be super annoying."

From the main course is no taste or smell more there. But instead, dessert is already on the table. Obviously something warm, because it is still steaming. I smell something sweet. "Is that honey?" It is now 21:30 and still 14° warm. We change seats from the table to the cushioned bench. Kind of a couch. I light a fire in the fire pit. Far enough away to have no smoke smell. Madame lights her favorite scented candle and grabs her cashmere blanket. For dessert we have a vanilla cream with honey and some more decorations, which I have no idea about. The scented candle smells pleasantly of sweet tobacco and tonka bean. From here on out, it's all feel-good smells and sweetness. In the foreground, the honey and vanilla from the dessert, and all around us, that sweet tobacco gets stronger by the minute. The tonka bean stays in the background at first and then comes out at the very end when we're just sitting there watching the deer in the fields at dusk. This fresh lemon I've already completely forgotten, which was still on my tongue earlier.

None of these scents are annoying or penetrating. It's as if something tames all the scents and keeps them from being annoying. Is it the cashmere blanket or is it that decoration on my dessert? I don't know. But because of exactly this for me unknown player the scent combination is only perfect. Super noble and at the same time sweet and spicy, so that one simply feels 100% comfortable.
For me, the perfect scent combination for just such a moment. Outside on a mild summer evening to relax with the view of nature while enjoying dessert.

Naxos is unisex wearable. Since at me tobacco and tonka after the first hour are very dominant and send the honey on the third place, I wear him but prefer myself.
Jusch1995
Golden yellow tobacco juice dominated by honey and tonka
Xerjoffs Naxos opens surprisingly fruity with citrusy, slightly sweet notes. However, the base of tobacco is already noticeable, which creates a nice saturation and attention. However, the fragrance is clearly dominated by its heart notes: Honey.

It's not quite as engaging as Killian's Back to Black, but it's still unmistakably the main component of the composition. It is remarkable that the contrasting ingredients of tobacco and honey join hands and together create an incredibly harmonious symphony of scents.
The longevity and silage of this fragrance is out of this world. It's certainly one of the strongest scents you can use, but it never feels overbearing or forced. The scent is very sweet, but never one dimensional, even though it stays relatively constant. It wears well in everyday wear, but is also suitable for upscale gentlemen in nighttime settings. There is no denying the well-known similarity to Mugler's Pure Havanne, but in direct comparison, Naxos seems much creamier, more sophisticated and is also used much more frequently. The beautiful presentation typical for Xerjoff rounds off the great overall picture.

A fragrance that is certainly a master class and a reference in its field. Xerjoff has succeeded in creating an absolutely exceptional fragrance that is definitely worth its price.

InbnkInbnk 2 months ago
Suprerior fragrance for winter time. Great smooth honey cinnamon mixed with tobacco but I thought that can wear in a bit warmer weather.
LukmoeLukmoe 2 months ago
This fragrance is a masterpiece in my opinion. It is so smooth and perfect for summer. You can immediately notice the high quality.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 2 months ago
It's honeyed tobacco with cinnamon. Period. But boy, it smells RICH. Totally addictive, you smell it once, you want to smell it all the time
RisingChaosRisingChaos 4 months ago
Sweet honey, citrus, smoky tobacco. One of the better honey-tobacco-vanilla "genre," but I prefer JTC 400 from the same house.
Blako11Blako11 6 months ago
Mi primer perfume de la marca y todo un acierto. La miel y el tabaco hacen una sinergia genial, es un perfume suave y muy agradable.
ScentVibesScentVibes 6 months ago
The sun goes down and shines over the tobacco fields.Lemon squirts out of the bottle,wrapped in golden honey.Tonka underlines.Masterpiece!
RonniweRonniwe 8 months ago
Fragancia espectacular, cumplidos asegurados, una miel con tabaco deliciosa! La compraré cuando se me acabe otra vez.
SirQtavonSirQtavon 10 months ago
This is one incredibly well composed parfum. Pure masterpiece, a genius on its own.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
Fresh opening with lemon. After some minutes, a beautiful moist tobacco with honey, sirupy, delicious. The tonka bean gives a chocolaty feel
ExxellenceExxellence 1 year ago
Same DNA than Pure Havane but Naxos is less agressive. It's more refine and elegant with great longevity. In one word, Stunning.

by Wayofscent
by Wayofscent
by OvidiuH
xerjoff 1861 naxos - eine sizilianische reise...
by Felsn
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by LVCAS
by LVCAS
by Ronniwe
by Ronniwe
Like Salvador Dali painting, this perfume is a work of art!
by MariaS
by Amirrezaaj
by Rodin
by Rodin

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff