XJ 1861 Naxos 2015

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff
Top 5 in Unisex Perfume
XJ 1861 Naxos is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoney
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco, Tonka bean

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.04.2021.

Extraordinary(-)Sweet
With "Naxos" I have tried a fragrance that I now probably will not go out of my head until I have it in my closet.

Unique and mass appeal at the same time. The slightly minty and very soft honey notes make the scent very smooth and decelerating. The tobacco brings in a few rough edges and makes the scent very interesting. There is something very appealing about it. But it is less mysterious but charismatic and strong character. In H&S reflects exactly that. A super long shelf life and you are noticed without being unpleasant to notice.

For me, the Naxos is a fantastic feel-good fragrance that is very relaxed and smooth, but also expressive and self-confident. I'm looking forward to welcome him in my collection
Selissa
Menthol cigarette dipped in honey
Very round and soft fragrance. For me it is cool. It seems to me I'm the only one who thinks "menthol" when she smells it. After all, it's not in the scent description. But I just can't help myself. For me, it clearly smells like a menthol cigarette dipped in honey
Donnagirl
The beautiful Helena or Greek yogurt with honey.
A woman, beautiful as Helena once was, steps from the sanctuary of Yria. With her floats a waft of light smoke from the sacred offerings to the ancestors and gods in the temple. She blinks briefly, then ascends the hill, near the portara. Standing there, she stretches her beautiful face towards the sea, letting the sun kiss it. A gentle breeze makes her white chiton with its golden belt sway. The balsamic honey smell of your skin mixes with the breeze from the nearby "Lemonodasos", the lemon grove.

Something like that comes to mind when I put this scent on. For all those who this image is too blond, also like to think of the beautiful Cleopatra, which emerges from your milk honey bath. This is also quite appropriate, especially in the Drydown.

The makers have certainly rather thought of the Sicilian Naxos. Also there are famous blooming gardens on the peninsula Schiso, which could have influenced the fragrance. But the thoughts are free.

In the beginning, just very briefly, the tobacco smokes slightly. Then everything loses itself in a wonderful honey scent, bedded on a creamy tonka bean. Something edge gets the fragrance by lavender and jasmine, these give a noble touch. So that the honey is not too thick and tough, it is mixed with some lemon. This makes it more transparent and lighter.

Well balanced - not too sweet or too floral, minimally creamy.

The scent cheers me up, it's uplifting and friendly. I can see myself wearing this scent in a yellow dress at a wedding as a guest. Or even on vacation, I can picture him at his best. At this moment we are both waiting together for spring. In the garden the first buds, crocuses and tulips can already be seen but unfortunately it is still snowing from time to time. My mood is slowly sinking towards zero. I spray Naxos and immediately the sun rises, full of confidence I look out the window towards spring.

Finally lunch break, I go to the refrigerator and reach for the Greek yogurt with honey. After everything is mixed together and has a silky creamy consistency, I enjoy the fresh yogurt and think -mmmmhhh that tastes like Naxos smells. Very tasty.

On my skin, it turns out very smooth and soft. I hope it's not just because of a particular batch or something. The longevity and sillage are good and pleasant. Not too much and room-filling (have only taken 2-3 sprays) but one is pleasantly perceived at arm's length.

The bottle is beautiful and fitting, the honey-colored liquid penetrates through the frosted glass and captures the theme so also visually good.

Wish candidate.

Honey sweet greetings
Your Donnagirl
Fisherman's (rich) friend
My association with this scent: a stone-rich guy comes out of the Fitti freshly showered, casually smokes one, throws in a lemon-flavored Fisherman's Friend and then hugs me intimately.

To explain:
In the top notes, I notice the bergamot strong and spicy-minty, paired with a warm lemon. The two are so potent that I have to think of a freshly showered, still - by the muscle training - very hot man's body...
After a brief daydream with this freshly showered man, the smoky tobacco comes into its own. Not pungent-sharp like a fresh cigarette, but a slightly faded, softer tobacco note, earthy-warm through the tonka bean. The two give the fragrance strength and determination and that certain something that Ausstrahlt: This man knows what he wants!
Together with the minty top note so for me this hot muscular guy, who still smells something like cigarette tobacco and throws in a Fisherman's Friend.
Then after spending a few hours with said guy, the honey combines the citrus and tobacco notes into a warm, coherent package. So in my perception, the base notes come through earlier than the heart notes. Or was the heart note already there the entire time, making you feel safe and warm? I'll probably never know, the pretty, smoking Fisherman also has its secrets, it remains exciting with him throughout the day...

The association with the above-mentioned chewy candy is therefore in no way meant pejoratively, but from the beginning, the candy and the cigarette belong to the rich, well-trained man. Due to the carefully coordinated notes, in which none pushes itself into the foreground, but all have exactly the right potency and exactly the right time and to emerge, this fragrance simply smells of wealth, strength and class.
Small note: In my previous comment on Naxos (already deleted), I compared the notes to rape honey and stale smoke. The now-so-different experience with this scent resulted from a second bottling I got from a nice member here. The comment above refers to the definitely real Naxos. My first sample, on the other hand, actually came from a reputable perfume sampling site - so authenticity is presumed - but seems to be a version that needs a bit more time in the bottle to develop to its full beauty. I got this thesis from corresponding discussion here in the forum. So if you are wondering why your own sample of Naxos or the newly purchased flacon does not smell so citrus-fresh-flushed-warm-earthy, but rather pungent-heavy-pappy, you probably just have to be patient a little longer and give Naxos the cold shoulder first.
Chrisniburg
One honey tobacco with a dash of lemon, please!
Yes, well, what do you write about this fragrance. Maybe: He is really not easy!

I have to admit that when I first tested it, I would have said that this fragrance smelled too heavy, too sweet, and most importantly, too much like tobacco to me.
Especially at the beginning, the sweet tobacco note is almost pungent. It takes as good as everything else the place and pushes itself into the foreground. That one (s) must already like. Labeling or marketing this fragrance as unisex is clever. However, women would have a hard time with this one unless you want to create a masculine and strongly present charisma.

Why do I have a hard time with this one!!? The sweet tobacco note is present for a long time. Even though I like the smell of pipe tobacco and it reminds me a lot of my childhood or those days when my father smoked a pipe, this one is already special here. - Certainly not a crowdpleaser. - However, if the tobacco has warped, then there is this wonderful honey-lemon charisma. I like this one very much! - I even perceive a shred of vanilla. -

So there are two hearts beating in my chest: joy and frustration! How will it turn out? I don't know.
Honey bomb from Italy
So here it is, my second contribution to the Parfumo community.

I have chosen the fragrance "Naxos" from the house "Xerjoff", because this fragrance is smelled over and over again by me.
In advance I would like to note that I own the fragrance only as a bottling, but the fragrance already physically as a bottle in the hands held.

The fragrance description I would like to divide into the already generally known categories:

1. The bottle:

The bottle has a super look, acts massive, noble and is an eye-catcher in any place - typical Xerjoff just.

2. The smell:

Naxos is known for its honey / tobacco combination, which is also quite always present during the course of the fragrance.
The fragrance itself is very sweet and partly felt soapy. Many would also like to say that he is in places pappig and one-dimensional.
The latter is unfortunately not to be denied, but that makes the fragrance somehow also.
If you wear this fragrance, you just want to enjoy the core notes of the fragrance and they are as I said always perceptible.

In general, you can say that the fragrance actually builds heavily on the honey and plays with tobacco notes in the background.
However, these are very discreetly woven into the fragrance, which is why it is always difficult for me, in any case, to smell them out specifically.
In addition, there are citrus notes, which I can not name precisely.
The fragrance is thus in places also "fresh".

All in all, the fragrance seems very noble and self-confident.
One (s) should not shy away from the fragrance, because I have already received several compliments from women for the fragrance.

I would recommend the fragrance for the colder season or the colder days of the year.
However, I have also tested it on warmer days, so this is more of a recommendation on my part.

3. The projection / sillage:

The projection and sillage of the fragrance is very strong - this is especially true in the first few hours of the scent.
The fragrance is consistently well perceivable, but should NOT be overdosed.
I have also unfortunately already accomplished that a work colleague "was allowed" to perceive the fragrance in a briefly visited office for a very long time.

4. The durability:

Naxos has a good durability and is perceptible even after several hours.
However, this increasingly skin(er) once several hours have passed.
In general, the known 8+ hours are quite realistic, if not partly even understated.
Especially on colder days I have the feeling that the fragrance is stronger than on others.

5. My conclusion:

Naxos is one of, if not (considering the price) the best fragrance from the house of Xerjoff.
He can definitely be called the entry and at the same time as the "flagship" of the house.
The fragrance is consistently unisex and you get a lot of quality for a relatively "low" Xerjoff price.
All in all, however, the fragrance is rather something for fans of gourmand fragrances.

La vita è bella!
La vita è bella when you got XJ 1861 Naxos in your collection!

@xerjoff really nailed it with this one! It's definitely one of those scents that I've tried in perfumery and couldn't stop thinking about, that's when I knew I need to have it.

Let we see the notes here. Also combination of my few favorite notes. My favorite citrus - bergamot in combination with lavander smells beautiful in the opening and in the dry-down this is mainly about lavander, cinnamon and tonka, after cca half an hour I get tobacco and honey-which is there but just as dry-down support note, not really that prominent on my skin but performs amazing in combo with tonka, cahmeran and a bit of vanilla. Jasmine sambac is also there as a support note. It's good to know that lavander is the most prominent note here and you can smell for the whole time you're wearing Naxos.

This performs beautiful and lasts for the whole day. Really one of my most complimented fragrances.

If you still haven't had a chance to try Naxos, please do, because I was sleeping on it but no more. This one is going to be forever in my collection.

Too sour on my skin!
Not the scent for me. I love sweet tobacco like Herod and Side Effect but this one is overly citrusy for me. I’m ok with very light citrus but it cannot be too strong. This one has super sour scent in it. Maybe it’s just my skin reaction or just my personal taste because I know many people loves it. I already finished a 2ml sample (about 3 full wears) but still can’t the strong citrus. I might try another 2ml sample in the future as I saw so many good reviews about it.
Hypnotized
I was a few weeks ago with my girlfriend in the city stroll and we looked of course also in the perfumery of our confidence by. There we got into conversation with two gentlemen who were just tasting through the XerJoff fragrances and were determined to buy a fragrance of this house. When they told us about their current favorite perfumes, we realized that almost all of them were already in our collection. So I thought I could rely on these noses and asked them which perfume they had just bought. It was Naxos. So the saleswoman sprayed me the fragrance and I must admit I found him really good. However, 190€ were too expensive for me. So we left the store and strolled further through the city. However, I just could not stop smelling my wrist and the more often I smelled it, the longer I had to smell it, until my girlfriend said it was enough but now slowly. I was like hypnotized. Even in the evening in bed the scent followed me and burned itself positively into my brain. So I couldn't help but drive to the perfumery the next morning, as if remote-controlled, to buy it. An absolute performance monster
DerDefcon
Developed, liked and found to be suitable for everyday use.
"Naxos" was not love at first spray. But I was not averse to him either. For me, this Xerjoff was good, pleasant, wearable, but nothing more. The reasons for this could be different. Was it the high expectations? Maybe. Was it related to the honey, which hasn't really blown me away as a scent anywhere yet? Probably.
But I can tell you - and you're probably already reading this from my score - that I've really come to like this Xerjoff. This can be explained with a honey note, which is completely different from other honey interpretations, found in compositions of various perfume houses. The citrusy opening in "Naxos" prevents a viscous, turgid and over-sweetened honey, as I once found it in "Back to Black" by Kilian, for example. The honey in "Back to Black" smelled authentic and interesting, but honestly, it's not wearable in everyday life - well, for me at least.
Xerjoff takes a different approach here, by loosening up the usually sweet and sticky gold with the help of a citrus that dominates the opening. The combination of bergamot and lemon also lasts a long time in the course of the fragrance and gives the honey a wonderfully airy-transparent character. I also think I detect a pinch of cinnamon, which adds a little bit of spice. There could also be a little lavender in here. But I'm not sure about that.
What I particularly like is the further course of the fragrance, in which the initially quite dominant citrus increasingly withdraws. Well solved is in my nose, however, that the honey never loses its airiness despite the departing lemon-mountain moth compound. At no time it becomes musty or diabetic - very good!
With retreat of the citrusy, fresh notes is simultaneously paved the way for the tobacco. He also smells soft, thereby a little tart and nestles in a wonderful way with our airy-sweet gold. And even though it now dominates the olfactory game together with the honey, I think I can still smell something fresh in the background. Lemon? Bergamot? Or is it actually the lavender I had suspected? I honestly don't know exactly. In any case, it's a slightly lighter scent, which gives the tobacco-honey combination a pleasant twist that's so different and sets it apart from other gourmand sweets that play with tobacco.

And finally, another important aspect for me, namely the portability:

By "Naxos" is sweet, but not at all oppressive or sticky comes along, he can be worn in my nose even in everyday life, provided that care is taken with the dosage. If you own the bottle, one spray should be enough, because the sillage is treacherous, "Naxos" seems due to its transparent nature at first smell not so space-consuming, which it is in the end - typical Xerjoff. If you take this into account, you have a great feel-good fragrance for the colder days, which others should also appreciate.

RonniweRonniwe 1 month ago
Fragancia espectacular, cumplidos asegurados, una miel con tabaco deliciosa! La compraré cuando se me acabe otra vez.
SirQtavonSirQtavon 4 months ago
This is one incredibly well composed parfum. Pure masterpiece, a genius on its own.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Fresh opening with lemon. After some minutes, a beautiful moist tobacco with honey, sirupy, delicious. The tonka bean gives a chocolaty feel
ExxellenceExxellence 7 months ago
Same DNA than Pure Havane but Naxos is less agressive. It's more refine and elegant with great longevity. In one word, Stunning.
GONZALOGONZALO 9 months ago
One of most addictives out there. The scent composition is out of this world, pure mastery and genius in it.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 1 year ago
It's good, but you can get Pure Havana for a fraction of the price that smells exatactly the same...
R0dinR0din 2 years ago
One of the best tobacco based fragrances out there. I am lucky enough to own an old bottle, because the actual one was killed.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Warm, spicy, fine mix of clear lavender, light (not too sweet) honey, subtle tobacco and restrained ripe citrus.

by OvidiuH
xerjoff 1861 naxos - eine sizilianische reise...
by Felsn
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Ch053n0n3
by Ch053n0n3
by Ronniwe
by Ronniwe
Like Salvador Dali painting, this perfume is a work of art!
by MariaS
by Duftmeister
by Amirrezaaj
by Amirrezaaj

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Richwood by XerJoff Accento Overdose by XerJoff