XJ 1861 Naxos 2015

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff
Top 9 in Unisex Perfume
XJ 1861 Naxos is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with A*Men Pure Havane

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoney
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco, Tonka bean

Submitted by Michael, last update on 18.01.2021.

Too sour on my skin!
Not the scent for me. I love sweet tobacco like Herod and Side Effect but this one is overly citrusy for me. I’m ok with very light citrus but it cannot be too strong. This one has super sour scent in it. Maybe it’s just my skin reaction or just my personal taste because I know many people loves it. I already finished a 2ml sample (about 3 full wears) but still can’t the strong citrus. I might try another 2ml sample in the future as I saw so many good reviews about it.
Hypnotized
I was a few weeks ago with my girlfriend in the city stroll and we looked of course also in the perfumery of our confidence by. There we got into conversation with two gentlemen who were just tasting through the XerJoff fragrances and were determined to buy a fragrance of this house. When they told us about their current favorite perfumes, we realized that almost all of them were already in our collection. So I thought I could rely on these noses and asked them which perfume they had just bought. It was Naxos. So the saleswoman sprayed me the fragrance and I must admit I found him really good. However, 190€ were too expensive for me. So we left the store and strolled further through the city. However, I just could not stop smelling my wrist and the more often I smelled it, the longer I had to smell it, until my girlfriend said it was enough but now slowly. I was like hypnotized. Even in the evening in bed the scent followed me and burned itself positively into my brain. So I couldn't help but drive to the perfumery the next morning, as if remote-controlled, to buy it. An absolute performance monster
DerDefcon
Developed, liked and found to be suitable for everyday use.
"Naxos" was not love at first spray. But I was not averse to him either. For me, this Xerjoff was good, pleasant, wearable, but nothing more. The reasons for this could be different. Was it the high expectations? Maybe. Was it related to the honey, which hasn't really blown me away as a scent anywhere yet? Probably.
But I can tell you - and you're probably already reading this from my score - that I've really come to like this Xerjoff. This can be explained with a honey note, which is completely different from other honey interpretations, found in compositions of various perfume houses. The citrusy opening in "Naxos" prevents a viscous, turgid and over-sweetened honey, as I once found it in "Back to Black" by Kilian, for example. The honey in "Back to Black" smelled authentic and interesting, but honestly, it's not wearable in everyday life - well, for me at least.
Xerjoff takes a different approach here, by loosening up the usually sweet and sticky gold with the help of a citrus that dominates the opening. The combination of bergamot and lemon also lasts a long time in the course of the fragrance and gives the honey a wonderfully airy-transparent character. I also think I detect a pinch of cinnamon, which adds a little bit of spice. There could also be a little lavender in here. But I'm not sure about that.
What I particularly like is the further course of the fragrance, in which the initially quite dominant citrus increasingly withdraws. Well solved is in my nose, however, that the honey never loses its airiness despite the departing lemon-mountain moth compound. At no time it becomes musty or diabetic - very good!
With retreat of the citrusy, fresh notes is simultaneously paved the way for the tobacco. He also smells soft, thereby a little tart and nestles in a wonderful way with our airy-sweet gold. And even though it now dominates the olfactory game together with the honey, I think I can still smell something fresh in the background. Lemon? Bergamot? Or is it actually the lavender I had suspected? I honestly don't know exactly. In any case, it's a slightly lighter scent, which gives the tobacco-honey combination a pleasant twist that's so different and sets it apart from other gourmand sweets that play with tobacco.

And finally, another important aspect for me, namely the portability:

By "Naxos" is sweet, but not at all oppressive or sticky comes along, he can be worn in my nose even in everyday life, provided that care is taken with the dosage. If you own the bottle, one spray should be enough, because the sillage is treacherous, "Naxos" seems due to its transparent nature at first smell not so space-consuming, which it is in the end - typical Xerjoff. If you take this into account, you have a great feel-good fragrance for the colder days, which others should also appreciate.
Apollo's work
A fragrance as rough and beautiful as the island it was named after.

Naxos is a dream come true, sprung from the Greek mythology. No wonder that on Naxos the temple of Apollo is located. God of music, light and art. Protege of the muses and conqueror of the python.

Xerjoff was probably kissed by one or two muse or another when this legend was created, there is no other explanation. For me the scent is smoky-sweet and has something engaging and comforting on the skin. This feeling can be described well with a body lotion / milk.

The scent would have wrapped the witch Zirze around her finger and pulled her into her path, the gorgon Medusa would have turned to stone at the sight of the bottle. Naxos was my first fragrance from Xerjoff and meanwhile one of my favourite ones in my collection (overall). The shelf life is excellent and so is the silage. Above all, however, the wonderful honey-tobacco scent and the beautiful citric freshness at the beginning.

I want to go back to Naxos...

Razvanyke
Pure Havane on steroids but so much better
I like a lot the mix of citrusy tobacco and with honey mix, first I felt it in Pure Havane and I loved it but it was a bit too weak to become my favorite. When I first sprayed Naxos I thought, wow what a similar scent .. then one day later, the perfume was so present on the t-shirt that I was amazed. The note is quite fresh, let´s say but the performance if just fantastic.

I feel that fine citrus, blended with the honey and some tobacco in the background, not much but it´s there.

I believe the price is justified because it has such a great performance, after I bought a 10ml tester and loved it, I decided to sell it and get the Naxos with the bottle, because it is so beautiful too.

The longevity for this perfume is outrageous, I sprayed on Sunday twice on my wrist where I wear the watch with a rubber band, two days later after two showers and various hand washes, it is as strong as it was on Sunday. This is some kind of magic ..

Once I get it, I will make a YouTube review versus Havane.

Citrusy tobacco note
Much of Naxos heard and read - so ordered a sample. For me - purely personal - and on my skin it looks rather masculine. With me the bergamot with tobacco comes out insanely. In the Drydown I can guess honey and a certain sweetness with a lot of fantasy, but then the lemon and tobacco is very present. It reminds me of my father - although his fragrance was Fahrenheit from Dior, as my mother just told me. It just reminds me of him - I immediately had to think of him rolling his cigarettes in the 90's... for me as a woman Naxos is not my favourite (I want to emphasize: on my skin it's nothing for me) - but I can imagine him great on men :) Nevertheless I will track him down on female acquaintances, friends, family as I am curious how he will develop there :)
Gury
What am I, Winnie the Pooh?
No fuss. WOW!
What's the bang? A splash of freshness comes into my nose and behind it someone pushes and pushes very hard. That's him. That crazy honey. So sweet and creamy and nestling around me. But it's not sticky at all, it's silky and warm. The splash of lemon helps it a lot at the beginning and gets me. But after some time something else comes up. Slightly smoky tobacco that mixes with this wonderful honey and makes it a bit spicy, but remains so tasty and soft that it is pure pleasure until the light vanilla comes (tonka bean of course) and surrounds everything very lightly. The whole day he accompanies me, lets me harvest the one or other look on my today's shopping tour (maybe I am also simply incredibly attractive?) and there are also 2 compliments in Zara and at DM. Once woman, once man! That was the icing on the cake.

I just have to say it. For me, next to Dior Homme Perfume, the best autumn scent when it's not too distinctive, but simply great smelling, slightly sweet and with a killer performance. Absolutely unisex wearable, but would tend 60-40 towards men. The tester at that time was already great, but today he completely blew me away again.
I don't have to say anything more about the unbelievably beautiful packaging and the fantastic bottle.

From me an absolute must and a purchase recommendation. For what it should be and for what it is intended, a clear 10/10!
Ramboss
Smoke, smoke and then smoke
Contrary to all the good reviews here, here's a comment from a rather amateurish nose ... my :D.

On the test strip he still smells quite ok and I can actually recognize the honey and a little bit of other smells besides the tobacco, but I can't name them. But when I spray it on the back of my hand it gets so smoky that I smell as if I just came out of a café where everybody is smoking. I smell nothing but smoke. Horrible and really so bad that I didn't even want to spray it on myself to test it completely in one day.
How dare you?!
Okay I will write a comment now anyway, although I have already written a statement.

Why is that? Well... at the Sillage.
I already hold the arm away from me and all I smell is Naxos! Honey, bergamot, tonka bean.
Luckily it smells good, otherwise my despair would be great.
Because I have the feeling that Naxos would vehemently resist if I tried to wash him off...

But I don't want to wash it off No, actually the sadistic thought of wearing Naxos on a hot summer day comes to my mind.
Hahahahah.
Your Marc Jacobs Daisy eau so fresh can pack ;)
eau so pity ;( now you can only smell Naxos!

And people will wonder what they smell. Is it an extravagant beekeeper who has doused himself with Le Male (see tonka bean) and will now hunt the bees on us?

Is this still art or already public nuisance?
Is anyone at all annoyed when this smell is in the air? Questions upon questions Personally, I think Naxos is pretty cool...

Still to clarify the title:
"What do you think you're doing?!
You think you're better than me?"
The Xerjoff-bearer lowers his gaze to the strange figure and answers modestly as he is: "But no, I don't think I am better, I am better"

Side note:
Whether the wearer really thinks that or only Naxos speaks out of him is not clearly recognizable.

Rip off Mugler.
Let me first start the perfume is really great, i do own pure havane and this one pure havane from mugler is 99% like Naxos, naxos is way too expensive and little bit more refined, if you have money to spend you can buy it, but there others niche houses like kilian,perfums de marly which doesnt make rip off famous designer such as Mugler..... to me this perfume is clone of mugler pure havane better buy another Xerjoff which is way unique... not 99% like cheap designer scent... with expensive price tag. very few people can notice the difference when i wear pure havane and naxos..

SirQtavonSirQtavon 1 month ago
This is one incredibly well composed parfum. Pure masterpiece, a genius on its own.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 month ago
Fresh opening with lemon. After some minutes, a beautiful moist tobacco with honey, sirupy, delicious. The tonka bean gives a chocolaty feel
ExxellenceExxellence 5 months ago
Same DNA than Pure Havane but Naxos is less agressive. It's more refine and elegant with great longevity. In one word, Stunning.
GONZALOGONZALO 7 months ago
One of most addictives out there. The scent composition is out of this world, pure mastery and genius in it.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 1 year ago
It's good, but you can get Pure Havana for a fraction of the price that smells exatactly the same...
R0dinR0din 2 years ago
One of the best tobacco based fragrances out there. I am lucky enough to own an old bottle, because the actual one was killed.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Warm, spicy, fine mix of clear lavender, light (not too sweet) honey, subtle tobacco and restrained ripe citrus.

xerjoff 1861 naxos - eine sizilianische reise...
by Felsn
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Nikolina
by Amirrezaaj
by Amirrezaaj

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff