XJ 1861 Naxos 2015

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff
Top 5 in Unisex Perfume
XJ 1861 Naxos is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
CashmereCashmere
Base Notes Base NotesTobaccoTobacco
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 23.07.2021.

Oh My Love, Oh My Love..
The well-known Naxos is one of the first niche fragrances that I was allowed to test and also at the same time the one that has excited me by far the most. From the first moment I was completely blown away. It managed to put me in a feeling state of unabashed lightness, making it the perfect mood booster for dreary days. To anticipate, Xerjoff has succeeded in bringing a precision landing, close to perfection, to the market.

By the lavender in the top note Naxos opens very aromatic to slightly spicy. From the citrus described by many people, I personally get hardly anything. Who wants a citrus-fresh fragrance, looks for Naxos ergo in vain. Bergamot and lemon may give the fragrance a hint of a tangy, sparkling start, but they disappear just as quickly as they are perceived. The main protagonist is undoubtedly honey, which wraps itself around the wearer like a bubble from start to finish. This is accompanied by a subtle cinnamon note, which together with the tobacco for a spicy twist acts as a contrast to the sweetness of the honey. At this point it should be mentioned that the tobacco comes only subliminally to bear and in no way takes an intrusive role. Also, it is not a "dirty" cigarette tobacco, as I think you find in TF - Tobacco Vanilla. Rather, the tobacco is not really identifiable as such. It gives the fragrance a certain depth and contributes to the overall aromatic-smoky impression in an unobtrusive way. Accordingly, Naxos can be worn even by people who dislike tobacco-heavy fragrances. Of course, in such a price range, this is no substitute for trying it out. Even though the fragrance has the potential to be a blind buy, I still advise against it. Naxos finishes in the base with a subtle tonka bean and vanilla blend that gives the end of the fragrance an almost creamy character. In the end, it is and remains a very sweet everyday companion. Spice comes out here only conditionally, which is why you have to love and appreciate sweet fragrances to actually like Naxos.

Even if the presentation of the pure packaging leaves me mostly cold and does not affect me in my evaluation to begin with, so I must still admit that was put here properly in the stuff. Nestled in a high quality leather box, it was a pleasure to take the fragrance out of the packaging which almost seems like a coffin. The workmanship of the flacon can be described as consistently high quality - feels no plastic, very heavy and simply beautiful to look at. Accordingly, the price is also settled, whereby one must, broken down to the filling quantity, justifiably point out that Naxos is one of the cheapest fragrances from the house of Xerjoff. Price-performance-technically I would rate him for this reason as "good".

Possibly it is due to my skin or but my nose, which does not allow me to perceive fragrances longer than eight hours. So that the fragrance, as described by some people, holds twelve hours plus, I can not confirm so. The durability is nevertheless above average and appropriate for the price, not to say "very good". Interestingly, Naxos radiates more than neatly, while you yourself perceive the fragrance only now and then. At irregular intervals, it announces itself to the wearer à la "I'm still here. Did you think you spent over 200 euros to not notice me after 3 hours? You're funny." So if you're looking for a strong fragrance that will captivate you and those around you with its unmistakable sweetness, you should definitely reach for Naxos, male or female. I do not want to elaborate in what situation you have to wear it, but formulate it as banal as ingenious: Wear it when and where you have Bock - Maybe not on extremely hot summer days over 30 degrees Celsius, but otherwise please at will.

Apart from the fact that I am of the opinion that you should apply fragrances according to personal preferences and not those of your environment, you can be sure of one thing: The general scent impression will all the time leave a lasting and, in all likelihood, positive impression in the circle of those who are only superficially involved with fragrances. Whether this almost perfectly finished masterpiece has something in common with the Greek island, which served as the namesake for the fragrance, remains to be seen, but: Who actually cares?
Vanilla Tonka Honey Bounty for a sweet tooth to meet Caribbean buccaneers
Wow, what a beautiful, soft, enticingly sweet scent!

That was my first scent sensation that made me close my eyes in rapture and wildly determined to express my enthusiasm for Xerjoff's fragrances once again, I'm already rushing to the keyboard - no, much too unromantic; I'd rather say I'm reaching for the pen - to hold on to this one and enjoy it for as long as possible, because the restless urge to immediately run out and buy myself the covetous little scent, I have to (oh, hell!) unfortunately resist, so as not to inflict more on my wallet...
After a deep sigh in the face of this cash-grab, but by no means discouraged, I meanwhile keep sniffing my wrist, smiling softly, to store Naxos in my synapses; this is one of the few sweeties whose scent trail I could follow blindly, and with obvious pleasure!

A fragrance for dreaming; but not for all dreams, it is too definite in its direction for that.

This convinced seducer does not invite to any evening parties or societies, even less would he like to find himself in the throng of sporting activities on snow-covered mountains. There he would probably seem rather out of place and strangely lost.
No, Naxos serves his enticingly arranged coconut dishes and vanilla and honey-infused sweets barefoot and in summer trousers frayed above the knees on a silver tray, to bring out once again the never-ending dreams of Caribbean islands with white sandy beaches under a radiant sun in the blue sea! Knowing his effect, he also immediately presents a little glass of rum and a Cuban cigarillo and thus reinforces the impression that there is nowhere better to endure than in the company of Caribbean rogues and beautiful Creole women!

.....................................................................................................................

Naxos combines everything that I dreamily associate with the Caribbean; already the first spray swirls a hundred grated coconuts, whose Scent dominates the entire scent course. Gradually becoming pleasantly milder and slightly weakening, this blue-white bountiful impression becomes most inviting to snack on for a vanilla-honey-tonka dish prepared in equal parts, spiced with cinnamon, tobacco and a smidgen of bergamot and lavender and placed in a cashmere bowl; yum!

But why did Xerjoff name this delicious little scent after a Greek island in the Mediterranean? There aren't any coconut palms there, are there?! I would have named it Barbados or Mustique or Martinique and soon convinced myself whether it can be endured in a dugout canoe made of coconut wood, equipped with a few coconuts and a machete to open them, a few sun-drenched vacation days near the coast on the sea!
(Fortis, are you coming? Have finally wafted and ensnared me with the scent!)
The King
This fragrance leaves no doubt, XerJoff belongs to the elite.

The opening is very royally noble by the strong tobacco note paired with the playful bergamot. If you let the king take a seat on his throne, this also calms the lemon, which now gives the golden honey the chance to dispel any unrest in the room.

During the monarch's evening bath, he feels deepest contentment thanks to the tonka bean aroma in the air, which lets him find his yin and yan.

H/S above average, price-performance is fenomenal!
What a scent...
I for my part must say that I was allowed to try now already very many Xerjoff fragrances.
The Xerjoff Naxos I see here quite clearly in the TOP 5.
After I have me a few weeks ago a sample, has grabbed me my search and I had to order me directly the bottle.
This fragrance is the perfect match of strong & gentle.

When I sprayed the fragrance for the first time, I immediately noticed how filigree this fragrance on the nose. All the ingredients are immediately recognizable and fun to smell.
Immediately shines a natural lemon note in the nose.
But this endlessly zietrische freshness does not remain.
Shortly thereafter, a totally pleasant and not too penetrating honey note makes itself felt.
Especially in the drydown finally comes through the tobacco, at this time this fragrance offers everything you want as a perfume lover.
A mixture of a beautiful summery but also a luxurious evening DNA.
The fragrance is suitable in my opinion as good as for any season.... However, not over 30 degrees because he could smell otherwise very very sweet.

The durability and sillage of this fragrance is as with almost everything Xerjof fragrances above average good.

I perceive the fragrance around 12std )even if close to the skin at the end).
On the clothes, the fragrance lasts for days.
I personally prefer this fragrance 5-10 sprays at a typical German 15-20 degrees temperature.
Sufficient sprays so that the fragrance can develop its full effect and is perceived very very well by everyone, but also as many sprays that he does not project too extreme and the people on the nerves goes.
My motto: Rather spray on a perfume more if it is already expensive, than little, and for it not to be perceived and these few sprays ''wasted'' has.

To whom would I recommend the Naxos?
To anyone, really. It always depends on the occasion and on the outfit.
Basically, he is a rather elegant and chic fragrance.
From 20 years, you can if you dress the fragrance just, buy it and have a lot of fun with him.

With a price of 220€ for 100ml you really can not say that would be overpriced.
Just if you look at other fragrances of this house, the Naxos is offered for 100ml totally fair.

Xerjoff has me with this fragrance once again not disappointed and I will try in the future hopefully much more of the house.

Thanks for reading :)

Ponticus
The way to the land of milk and honey
He had set out again, had run off in a dream to realize his fantasies. The goal he saw clearly before his eyes, the way his feet still found hesitantly. In his dreams he had often been in the land where milk and honey flowed, roasts flew through the air, there was more wine than water, cheese cubes adorned the path, houses were built of cakes and fences of sausages. Idleness was not his aim, but play, fun, and all manner of amusement. He wanted to wear beautiful robes, trousers, waistcoats made of the finest cloth, and to taste the finest perfumes that smelled wonderful and also flattered his soul. All this and so much more he hoped to find in this place. He even heard of a fountain of youth, from which one would emerge years younger after a bath. Unfortunately, the dream always ended at a mountain-high wall of rice porridge. It surrounded the land and he would have had to eat his way through it to get inside. He couldn't stand rice porridge and woke up!

With the first intense smells of the perfume Naxos, fate found a kind of shortcut to him, a beaten path from his dreams to reality and he suddenly considered a small piece of this dreamland unexpectedly his own. The noble packaging, the beautiful bottle and the excellent workmanship already suggested good things and yet the expectations were exceeded. XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff is a spicy, sweet perfume with pronounced honey and tobacco notes on finely balanced citrus undertones, a fragrance that flatters your nose, touches your heart and caresses your soul.

The start of Naxos is surprisingly citrus-fresh. The bergamot and the lemon want to show here that they have the first lead. Nevertheless, they withdraw, briskly beginning, more and more without ever disappearing completely. They form, so to speak, the citric path on which Naxos will stroll in the next hours and on which they will be constantly present. No sooner is the path smoothed than it is taken over by honey and tobacco. The aromatic, dark honey rushes forward impetuously, while the tobacco is still a little cautious, one foot in front of the other, spreading only the first light scents. The creamy, even already spicy aromatic honey is slowed down in its flow by some lavender and floral, but gains even more seductive charm. In the meantime, the now thirsty tobacco could also catch up with the honey, in its luggage further finest spices. From here on, the two agile fellows together on their still long fragrant way!

Tobacco and honey go thereby an intimate connection. Sometimes drifting, sometimes supporting, but always resting in itself, both advance unwaveringly in aromatic-honey-sweet and tart-spicy track. The fragrance is thus very harmonious, because also lavender, cinnamon and flowers beckon finely in time and still quite strong from the wayside.

Before now, after ample distance covered, the deliciously fine-herb tobacco can narrow the sweetness of the honey, the two get warming sweet-balsamic accompaniment. The very slightly marzipan, especially the sweetness supporting tonka bean, however, is immediately held quite well on the still citrusy way in check. With its slightly vanilla character, however, it already announces its big sister, the real vanilla. This vanilla immediately joins in coherently without being showy or even taking the lead. Now as a foursome, they will all cover the last third of their distance together, until they slowly evaporate at the finish, after a total of about ten to twelve hours, together with the citric still present.

Naxos is to me allurement and desire, sweet temptation and sweet passion. Naxos is a perfume, an enjoyment with all senses and a small piece of the great happiness!

A decade ago, for the 150th anniversary, XerJoff honored the unification of individual states in 1861 under King Victor Emmanuel II to a united Italy with the fragrance series XJ 1861. The three fragrances released, Naxos, Zefiro and Renaissance, represent magnificent landscapes and the creative heritage of the Apennine Peninsula. As a tribute, the colors of the Italian flag also find their place on the packaging and bottle. This year, a decade later, Decas was released, the fourth perfume in the XJ 1861 collection, which fits seamlessly into the range of exclusive fragrances offered by the Turin-based house of XerJoff.

Thank you for being a guest on my journey with Naxos!

Addictive
My first impression of Naxos was a little underwhelming; sure it was nice—you had some freshness, aromatics, and sweetness all blending together to create a nice and smooth product—but I didn't understand all the hype. I kept sniffing the scent, though, and slowly but surely I began falling under its spell. Bergamot, lemon, and lavender combine to create a beautifully fresh and aromatic opening; a realistic and decadent honey note provides a dense—but not cloying—sweetness; the scent wraps up with an ultra-classy, dry, pipe tobacco note coming through in the base for heft and contrast. Without a doubt, the honey and sweetness are the stars here, so you must enjoy these notes if you're to appreciate Naxos to its fullest; but if you do, this one is a must try.
Naxos vs Pure Havanne - honeyed tobacco fight
Moin dear Parfumos/-as. I hope you are well and enjoy the weather. :-)

Finally, the summer starts and I can again perceive the most beautiful smell in the world. No, I don't mean perfume you bunglers. :-) We're talking about beer that you dump over glowing charcoal. There is nothing better. I think everyone likes to smell certain things. The one wall paint, the other freshly mowed lawn, the next a burning match. For me it's beer over charcoal. :-) But I digress.

Today we come to a duel between Pure Havanne (thanks goes out to AlxanderBe) and the Naxos - and I can anticipate it carefully - it will be an unequal battle. Unlike other fragrance duels such as between Erba Pura and Kirké, in today's duel we have two fragrances that I feel are very different. Even if many see it differently. I respect that and my plain nose is certainly no yardstick either. After all, I like beer on coal. ;-P

Again, I digress...

So let's finally get to the two protagonists of today's review and let's dissect them both precisely. So.....let's get started:

Flacon: Pure Hav. 6/10 - Naxos 10/10

Let's start with the Pure Havanne. There is not much to say about the bottle here, like the complete Pure ** series of Mugler you have to like the design. I don't. Plastic and a disastrous sprayer round the whole negative. Oh well. What the hell!

Quite different the Naxos. Here already the packaging is an experience. The fragrance comes in a noble leather box and the bottle is embedded in it, almost like in a coffin. This kind of packaging is simply the absolute upper class. But also the bottle itself is nothing less than world class. Solid glass and gold-colored metal were perfectly processed here. It looks incredibly valuable, has a decent weight and looks incredibly elegant and chic. Even the sprayer is a dream. One word? Perfect!!

Fragrance: Pure Hav. 9/10 - Naxos 10/10

Again, we start with the Mugler and what can I say? This fragrance has exceeded my expectations. Let's not forget that this is a relatively inexpensive designer fragrance. For that, this one is really great. There is no real scent progression here, but that does not matter.

The fragrance hits directly on the 12. sweet, sticky honey, (cherry?) Tobacco and as a counterpart a portion of patchouli give here the tone. The well-known (and not everyone likes) sweet-synthetic Mugler DNA is clearly recognizable. Does everything sound unspectacular? Smells great though. As I said, there is no progression here. You quickly know what you're going to smell like for the next few hours. But - and this is the most important thing - you smell simply amazing. Synthetics there, but zero disturbing.

Let's move on to the Naxos. And what can I say? To this fragrance I think so much was said, but I describe you briefly my impression.

First of all, it is said that the quality, as with all Xerjoffs, is just great. This fragrance smells so high quality and natural and it is always fun to discover him. And you do that again and again. Because the fragrance smells different every time you wear it and develops in nuances always different.

Immediately after opening the fragrance and the very first spray, I had an association with herbal cough drops. Meanwhile, the fragrance has settled and it starts with me especially with a beautiful citrus. Bergamot and lemon are very finely balanced and incredibly natural. Immediately, a great lavender note joins in and provides, along with jasmine for a floral touch. And then it comes. This great honey. Unlike the Mugler, though, this one isn't the sweet, sticky golden honey. It smells more like a firm, slightly spicy forest honey. Divine and really great. It's accompanied by a great cinnamon note. Then in the base, the honey nestles around a fine, light tobacco. Vanilla and tonka also add sweetness at the back. The fragrance has through the citrus at the beginning and the floral heart just in the first one to two hours a very light Chyprecharakter, but then becomes in the further course more and more to a sweet-spicy autumn / winter banger, which is unparalleled in fineness and quality.

For both fragrances, the tobacco is so subtle that even people who do not like tobacco fragrances can buy this one confidently.

Durability: P.H. 8/10 - Naxos 10/10

Short and sweet, the Mugler does a good job. Even after eight hours still not completely gone. But against the Xerjoff he has no chance. This holds without problems over 10 hours - on the clothes even two days. Typical Xerjoff just!

Sillage: P.H. 7/10 Naxos 9/10

Again, the Mugler is not bad. The first two hours very well perceptible, however, he floods from the beginning of no rooms and then also becomes clearly skin closer. Again wins here the Naxos. This one doesn't want to fill any rooms (but of course it still does with more than three sprays), but radiates evenly beyond an arm's length - and that for hours. Simply perfect! Not too intrusive but definitely noticeable to everyone in the immediate vicinity. Even after 6 hours with each hug still present!

Wearability: P.H. 6/10 - Naxos 7.5/10

The Mugler is by the extreme sweetness really only a candidate for temperatures below 10 degrees. Perfect for the fall / winter. Also for the club or a date a good choice! The Xerjoff, on the other hand, definitely still goes at 10-15 degrees, on a spring day or summer night. The sweetness isn't as overloaded and the subtlety makes it a little more usable. Again, though, a clear candidate for fall/winter. Date? Definitely. It would be too bad for the club for me. Both fragrances are 100% unisex....also dear ladies, dare you!

Compliments: P.H. 9/10 Naxos 7/10

I'll keep this short. I did the head-to-head comparison at work with a couple of colleagues and mates. Here the P.H. was surprisingly clearly in front. I have a colleague who is perfume crazy herself and for her was (without me naming the fragrances in advance!) the Naxos winner. My wife also thinks it's better. Nevertheless, the Mugler wins in my poll!

P/L: Pure Havanne 9/10 - Naxos 9/10

The Mugler is available for just under 60.00 € and for that you get here really a grenade. The Xerjoff you get for 176,00 €. A lot of money. But he is worth it. It's worth it!
Conclusion:

With me the Naxos wins. And yet I can put everyone the P.H. to the heart. A very great, sweet fragrance and for this price great cinema. The P.H. hits directly on the twelve and is, like all Muglers always a little synthetic. But that does the fragrance no harm.

Naxos is a masterpiece. Grandiose quality that you can feel, see and smell. From the packaging, to the sprayer bishin to the fragrance and the H/S everything is almost perfect here. Thank you Xerjoff. Nevertheless, the P.H. is also a winner.

Now I'm looking forward to the next barbecue. Then again plenty of beer will be poured over the grill. :-)

The fight was not a real one, too big are the differences. - and the I close my review with a sentence I was allowed to read somewhere to the two fragrances.

The Naxos is like a hand-painted oil painting, the P.H. like a photo of it.

Hanseatic greetings ⚓
I know him...
After I have once again purchased a load of samples in the souk, was this time also Naxos with it. Xerjoff fragrances I find quite interesting. So excited sprayed the sample and sniffed. Really good but somehow it seems very familiar to me, I thought. It did not take long until Pure Havane came to my mind. Of course, it is also listed on the right under "Similar". But I had not noticed. However, I must say that with my rather bad nose, I actually found a very great similarity to Pure Havane. I have owned this fragrance for 2 years after all and love wearing it in winter. And when I consider that Naxos costs about three times as much, I am absolutely well served with the Mugler

Unexpectedly fresh
Naxos may be the perfume, I had been looking forward to the most.

You may find yourself in the same situation when you are watching a number of videos (usually Top 10 compliments or Top 10 fall fragrances) and a particular fragrance comes back over and over again in the video creator's recommendations. That happened with Naxos.

After waiting a long time - why I had waited so long, I still don't know to this day - I ordered a 2 ml sample so I could get my nose on it.

I expected a pleasantly sweet tobacco smell, but nothing was further from the truth. Naxos opens surprisingly fresh with bergamot, lime and an overload of lavender. The citrus notes fade away fairly quickly, but the same cannot be said for the lavender. It takes its place at the heart of this fragrance.

In the middle, the lavender is joined by honey, cinnamon, cashmeran and jasmine. The honey and cinnamon are the most detectable, the cashmeran and jasmine not so much. So the fresh opening is given a sweet twist in the mid of this fragrance.

In the deep dry down of Naxos, the duality of freshness and sweetness is accompanied by a silky soft tobacco note, additionally sweetened by tonka beans and vanilla. The duel between the fresh and the sweet finds its battleground in a tobacco field. Pleasant, but in my opinion, rather unexpected....

Meanwhile, I emptied the sample. I, in the end, decided not to purchase this fragrance. To this day, the combination of freshness and sweetness still does not appeal to me. I find it, sadly, a weird interplay.

For this reason, I cannot speak of a duality, but rather I must speak of a struggle between freshness and sweetness. Unfortunately nothing for me but I can very well see why this fragrance is such a big hit within the perfume community.
Direct hit
Casamorati Mefisto and Regio were my first points of contact with Xerjoff and my enthusiasm was honestly limited, but I know of the quality that offers the house, I was not exactly overwhelmed with these two. Well then a new attempt, this time with a sample kit that did not contain any Casamorati fragrances. I decided to go with Alexandria II, Uden Overdose, Amber Star and Naxos. Alexandria II is a very good scent, but in the end it couldn't quite capture my heart, same with Amber Star and and Uden Overdose. Naxos, however, completely did it for me. The perfectly balanced blend of tobacco, honey and tonka bean are wonderful, not to mention the monster longevity and sillage. I sprayed on some Naxos the next day and headed to work. And then...compliment followed compliment. From thumbs up, to "what a great perfume you have" it was everything. It is not a fragrance that is reserved and shy but you feel really comfortable, wrapped in a mad scent and you just notice how strongly Naxos projects, you feel the quality and that the perfumer has mastered his craft, which is already a bit understated.... otherwise said: the perfumer has created at least for me a small work of art.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 1 month ago
Sweet honey, citrus, smoky tobacco. One of the better honey-tobacco-vanilla "genre," but I prefer JTC 400 from the same house.
Blako11Blako11 3 months ago
Mi primer perfume de la marca y todo un acierto. La miel y el tabaco hacen una sinergia genial, es un perfume suave y muy agradable.
ScentVibesScentVibes 3 months ago
The sun goes down and shines over the tobacco fields.Lemon squirts out of the bottle,wrapped in golden honey.Tonka underlines.Masterpiece!
RonniweRonniwe 5 months ago
Fragancia espectacular, cumplidos asegurados, una miel con tabaco deliciosa! La compraré cuando se me acabe otra vez.
SirQtavonSirQtavon 7 months ago
This is one incredibly well composed parfum. Pure masterpiece, a genius on its own.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Fresh opening with lemon. After some minutes, a beautiful moist tobacco with honey, sirupy, delicious. The tonka bean gives a chocolaty feel
ExxellenceExxellence 11 months ago
Same DNA than Pure Havane but Naxos is less agressive. It's more refine and elegant with great longevity. In one word, Stunning.
GONZALOGONZALO 1 year ago
One of most addictives out there. The scent composition is out of this world, pure mastery and genius in it.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
It's good, but you can get Pure Havana for a fraction of the price that smells exatactly the same...
R0dinR0din 2 years ago
One of the best tobacco based fragrances out there. I am lucky enough to own an old bottle, because the actual one was killed.

by OvidiuH
xerjoff 1861 naxos - eine sizilianische reise...
by Felsn
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Ronniwe
by Ronniwe
by Mire
by Mire
Like Salvador Dali painting, this perfume is a work of art!
by MariaS
by Rodin
by Amirrezaaj
by Amirrezaaj

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff