XJ 1861 Renaissance 2011

XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff
XJ 1861 Renaissance is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MossMoss
PatchouliPatchouli
CedarCedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.10.2021.

In the wake of the release of new scents in the XJ 1861 collection the fragrance was renamed XJ 1861 Renaissance.

the way to the temple
Today we are going to the temple ruins; the path is pleasant, slightly ascending and leads through shady olive and hesperid groves Equipped with a basket of provisions, which contains everything for a snack and to my surprise instead of water or wine bottle a jug and a cup: to draw the water from the small stream, which accompanies the way entertaining.
This little basket, in which there is still room for a paperback edition of Goethe's "Italian Journey", in my hand and my shoes in a little bag, off I go.

How nice it is to walk barefoot on the grass, still cool and fresh-damp from the morning dew; the ground vibrates slightly under my steps: nothing is sealed here!
With me as a city and office person, my feet and accustomed for decades to brisk footsteps and enjoy their freedom here.
Happily I dip into the tree shade; the sunlight draws its own patterns at my feet.
The olive grove is almost still asleep; trees and foliage give off a spicy aroma of healthy wood and vitality: both are very welcome.
The still small green orbs will grow and ripen into delicious olives over the summer.
The little brook accompanies me chattering cheerfully, gurgling and generously giving its cool pure water: how invigorating is a sip from the little pitcher, how wise the decision to do so.
Elated, with senses already wide open, I approach the small plantation of citrus fruits. It announces itself already by a fresh-fruity aroma wave.
Here they stand, not neatly lined up, but rather randomly placed: the trees, whose branches bear not only ripe golden fruit, but also delicately fragrant flowers.
I find these gifts of the goddess Aphrodite in abundance: Bergamot, lime, tangerine are ripe and, together with the dark green lacquered foliage and the wood of the trees, radiate a spicy-fruity mixture of scents that seems to dance in the light of the morning sun: balm for the soul!
How harmoniously everything fits together; no corners and edges disturb this wonderful fragrant bouquet.
My thoughts also stroll with me and soon the temple ruins appear on the small plateau: surrounded by pristine nature.
The flower-strewn meadow is never mowed; keeping it short is the job of the herds of goats and sheep that roam here. So they are responsible for the tinkling of bells that has accompanied me for some time.
In an abandoned garden, rose bushes left to themselves bloom, and in the light undergrowth the last lilies of the valley.
Here everything unites: the woody-spicy and fruity-fresh aroma that accompanied me so far, and the fragrance of flowers from garden and meadow.
In the fragrant shade of a silky cedar, I find a place on moss cushions that invite me to linger. Around me, the earth smells rich and fertile, patchouli golden brown, and the sun pours bright dots of amber over everything.
Balsamic scents and glorious tranquility surround me; the spring located at the temple gives clear cool water; it is said to give wisdom and beauty.
First of all, it refreshes and goes wonderfully with the goodies in the basket: ripe tomatoes, olives, still warm bread and sheep and goat cheese I can discover here.
A little wisdom and beauty for good measure would be welcome, but is not an obligation.
It is time to relax in this paradise of fresh scents, to listen to the tranquillity and possibly to follow the Herr Geheimrat on his journey through Italy, of which he knows how to tell "in the nicest way".

"XJ 1861 -Renaissance" is the name of the Xerjoff fragrance composition, which offers me this time out free skin and senses.
So there is another creation of this brand that has captured my heart, in which it takes me to the "land of my desire".
"Heart places" opened to me Xerjoff already several: here, too, I have arrived at a beautiful one thanks to "Renaissance".
The magic word is called "lustful fragrance-intensive lingering"!
Citric with masculine bonds
The XerJoffs and I are so far somehow not really warmed to each other. I found the tested though by no means bad, but so right is the spark somehow not yet jumped and I could not quite understand the hype.
Therefore, I ventured a new test, this time with a fragrance described as citrus. I like these very much and the pyramid sounded very promising.

The fragrance also starts right off with a very citrusy opening, with slightly bitter notes resonating. It smells more like the peel of citrus rather than ripe flesh. Something I haven't smelled in this form before and I really like it. Unfortunately for me, a note creeps in almost immediately that I find very masculine. Fascinatingly, I do not perceive this when I smell directly on the wrist, but it is rather in the scent veil, which rises to my nose when I do not concentrate so much on the perfume sniffing.

At the same time, I can not make out exactly what this fragrance is, it's just there and present. If you look at the distribution between female and male users, the male owners also clearly predominate with just under 90%. I share based on this impression this Einschäzung, but still would not say that the label "unisex" is completely wrong.

After an hour, this masculine note disappears namely and the base notes take over. The fragrance is soft and sweeter and has nothing in common with the citrusy prelude.The scent progression I like very well (even if I seem to skip the middle part, floral is with me namely nothing )and here I also recognize great perfumers art and can quite guess why XerJoff is so highly traded here in the forum.

Nevertheless, it is with XJ 1861 Renaissance not a fragrance that triggers a have feeling with me. So I enjoy my filling and also leave this XerJoff to people who really appreciate him.
Ischgelroi
The perfect citrus scent for all those who are looking for something with edges and corners
Renaissance is now already a few months in my possession and was already worn several times, but somehow I never got to write a review, no idea why. Today I finally managed to take the time for a review of Xerjoff Renaissance
Renaissance is rather an atypical Xerjoff, most connect like me with Xerjoff rather fruity or oriental perfumes, which are not exactly suitable for the office or all the rather on an understatement than perfume.

Renaissance was a blind buy for me, yes this is stupid and unreasonable, but somehow I just could not help it.

But now to the most important part of this review the fragrance itself: Renaissance starts with fresh citrus, lime, bergamot and other fresh notes, unfortunately I can't smell them all individually here to be able to describe it more precisely. In the heart notes I can detect the mint indicated and a very delicate rose. I don't smell the lily of the valley at all though. The base is subtly perceptible throughout, but comes on stronger after about 5-6 hours. The longevity is really excellent for a fresh scent. I can really smell Renaissance on me for a good 8 hours. The Silage is only the first 1-2 hours stronger afterwards I feel this perceptible at about an arm's length.

But the special thing about Renaissance is clearly that the scent is not just fresh smells, but also a bit bitter and has nothing in common with 4711 or other citrus fragrances. The lack of neroli pleases me here very well. I have not experienced this bitter DNA in any fresh scent before. Here also no one has to fear that he / she smells like a toilet cleaner.

I can recommend Xerjoff Renaissance to anyone looking for a better Light Blue or MFK Celestia Forte, because Renaissance can do more. Renaissance is for me one of the only citrus scents, which I can immediately smell out and say: this is Xerjoff Renaissance and nothing else.

Tend to see but Renaissance rather on a man, but this is only my personal opinion.
Xerjoff Renaissance has definitely found a permanent place in my collection.
Genesis666
The "rich" brother of D&G light Blue intense.
Because I was still looking for a nice summer fragrance, I have ordered a filling of "Renaissance". Since most summer fragrances but tend in a fairly similar direction and because of the fragrance description I have now expected no absolutely unique DNA.

So I sprayed it on and IMMEDIATELY I had to think of the good old D&G "Light Blue intense", which I also already have in my collection. Definitely comes out in the opening a very nice and absolutely authentic mint, which gives it a nice start. Like many other users here, I also had to think of Mojito. It's a really nice scent that you can definitely notice the usual Xerjoff quality. It really smells extremely natural and not as synthetic or aquatic as its "little blue brother" but does that justify paying almost four times the price? Maybe. But for me personally, the two are too similar for me to be willing to pay that much more money for the full Falcon. It's also a bit too linear for that. In the drydown the citric does settle down a bit and it softens up a bit but overall Renaissance doesn't undergo a great transformation. In fact, I'd almost say that "untrained" noses wouldn't notice much difference between the two fellows. The mint is really noticeable at the beginning, but fades into the background a bit as it progresses. Instead, patchouli and amber come a little more to the front. But that really only if you smell close to the skin.

H/S is really good for a "freshie".

All in all, a really nice, fresh and pleasing summer fragrance but definitely not a "must have" in my opinion. Would I buy the fragrance? Absolutely! For the price? Unfortunately, no.

Felix2109
A hot summer day in my childhood
In the garden of my parents' house there is a small "herb bed" in which, in addition to rosemary, thyme and basil, mint and lemon balm are also grown. On hot summer days we often went to this patch and tore off some of the lemon balm and mint, back at the house another lemon or lime was then sliced. The whole thing was then poured into a jug of cool mineral water. A great refreshment to which I reach today still gladly in the summer.
Now comes with you perhaps the question, why I tell you this. The reason is simple, when I sprayed the first time XJ 1861 Renaissance and the scent rose to my nose it came to a flashback. So this scent smells just like hands used to smell back then, like plowing lemon balm and mint. And also the lime juice, which ran over your hands when you cut the citrus fruit, is clearly recognizable in the scent. I've always really liked that smell, and I'm glad that with XJ 1861 Renaissance, I've unknowingly found a scent that mirrors that scent experience in a perfectly natural way, and not just for an hour like it used to.
Even though my childhood and teenage days are not quite as long ago as Renaissance, it was still a nice trip back to my childhood. I hope I could bring you with this little journey the fragrance a little closer :D
HIRH
Alternative to the MFK ACF for all those who wish to have some draught in summer too
With Aqua Celestia Forte, MFK has a fragrance in its repertoire that smells mainly of petitgrain and lime. A board for the beach, incredibly refreshing. But with little depth. A fragrance that seems to consist only of the eternal top notes lime and petitgrain. Actually an invitation to layering with a heavier fragrance.

XerJoff has fixed this flaw with Renaissance. Musk and cedar wood I take from the beginning, first as a kind of bodyguard of lime and petitgrain. Throughout in the background, but still somehow relevant for the overall impression. Gives the fragrance some depth in comparison to other fragrances and applications.

In the course of the day, musk and cedar step forward a little more with every passing minute. The lime recedes slightly, but remains until the end of the fragrance's development.

The durability and silage is slightly worse than with the Aqua Celestia Forte. But it is also an eau de parfum and more expensive. It somehow balances itself out, because H+S are by no means bad at the Renaissance either.

Conclusion: Alternative to the MFK ACF for all those who wish to have a little draught in summer too. "Something" is meant literally. Nevertheless light enough for 40 Grand on the beach. May be bought.

Cheers
New rich and sexy!
For me, Xerjoff stands prominently for those umpteen pseudo-luxury brands where marketing and packaging are not quite in proportion to the actual content. This is not forbidden, but it is also far from pleasant.

Nevertheless, there are a few Xerjoffs that I think are quite successful. The prices of the Italian perfumers are salted, even if the quality of the products is basically not bad. But that doesn't mean that I'm willing to pay more than 250.-Euro (50 mL) for one of the beautiful oud stars, for example, I simply exceed a pain threshold. And again and again one discovers alternatives that are in the moderate price range and just as well made. 170.-Euro for the Renaissance (100 mL EdT) is just ok for such a "light" composition. So I treated myself to this one for the summer despite my above scruples, it's just too good. When I tested it for the first time a few years ago, I gave it the highest mark. And that doesn't happen often. But then I was surprised, has it been reformulated in the meantime? Interestingly, I remembered it a little differently.

From the composition quite simply held, this is above all a broad citrus scent. The generic term "citrus" has rarely been used more beautifully. Lemon? Tangerine? Grapefruit? Bergamot? Probably a little bit of everyone. Sparkling, subtle, realistic and at the same time a little artificial, airy, sourly refreshing - all vitamins in it - and with a herbal addition (mint and possibly rosemary?) it never seems flat. Maybe it is also the petitgrain, which produces a nice leaf-green unfruity tonic bitterness. The citrus fruits get a slightly dry-creamy undertone (no Nivea!), without having been mixed with the big musk scoop. That fits. The floral components only play a role for me to the extent that I perceive the fragrance as harmoniously holistic, perhaps some jasmine can be guessed at. Despite the "Amber" being mentioned, there is nothing sweet about it. It is also interesting that the citrus notes last extremely long, the devil knows how the Italos do it (Paradisamide?). But as a citrus fetishist this is only right for me.

Now to the differences to the new(?) version. I found the top note more sparkling, more like grapefruit. What I liked very much at that time was a nice cedar from the beginning, I take Texas cedar, with this characteristic cumin-like, slightly sweaty note. I think it just expands clean or citrusy scents with a slightly soiled component. An ideal duo with a slightly earthy patch that is hard to guess when new. Overall, the new fragrance seems a bit more artificial, less sparkling, more linear, and without the beautiful almost animalistic cedar note. For this you get one point deduction.

Since I like to order test tubes with a fragrance, I have made a selection online at Xerjoff. The delivery of the order is impressive: a huge package, which in turn contains a white Snow White coffin box as big as a Mastaba. Inside is once again the individual products, wrapped in recycled tissue paper. The samples are of course embedded in plasticized "Xerjoff-Universe" cardboard blocks with a purple art velvet interior. Phew, and the Renaissance flacon was faithfully wrapped in cardboard like a pharaoh according to the layer principle. Finally, the flacon rests in an oversized imitation leather sarcophagus. Why is this? I appreciate careful packaging, but this is disproportionate. Cheesy junk. Especially since the far too nice wrappings end up in the repository anyway. Even in the luxury industry, you have to think about the fact that you can also pack something nice in an environmentally friendly way. Personally, I think it's unsexy to produce so much waste for a fragrance and it will probably keep me from buying another Xerjoff.

If you enjoy dry-woody-creamy hesperidia scents without a dramatic scent, you should test here.
This Xerjoff is certainly not "great cinema", but precisely because of its low profile it doesn't really fit into the brand's broad-based portfolio at all. For me probably just therefore a half bull's eye.
Jazzbob
The bearable lightness of being
In addition to numerous oud scents, Xerjoff also has a penchant for citrus scents. Of course, this is a perfect match for Italy, where three fragrances were launched on the occasion of its 150th anniversary: Renaissance, Naxos and Zefiro. The brand impressively shows how differently Hesperides can be embedded with Nio (Neroli, tart, green, spicy and absolutely unsweet), Uden (lemon with cool freshness in contrast to the warm, slightly gourmand base) and Kobe (all components of the bitter orange used and exotic, oriental staged). Renaissance, on the other hand, goes a completely different way.

Right at the beginning, you are refreshed by a great mixture of citrus notes, of which lime stands out due to its tart acidity. Together with the mint, this results in a really tingling combination that is extremely natural and invigorating. In the background, however, a quality is immediately noticeable that I would describe as creamy and bright floral. Logically, this results in a somewhat feminine touch, but I don't see this as a problem, because every male wearer will simply feel wrapped in a light, clean robe. This effect is maintained for quite a while before the citric and floral notes gradually retreat and clear the way for the base. I can't filter out amber and patchouli, but the slightly dry cedar already and the discreet green impression remains, whereby the freshness of the mint changes into a rather spicy and, if you like, mossy direction. That's why Renaissance tends towards the masculine towards the end and even reminds me a little of 1828 (Jules Verne) by Histoires de Parfums, which smells a little spicier and even slightly smoky.

Both can easily be underestimated in terms of their projection, because despite the rather fresh, bright orientation of those, a very clearly perceptible veil remains in the air for hours. Unfortunately a sweetish note disturbs me equally, which is not particularly strong, but nevertheless quite present. Therefore, Renaissance should be sparingly dosed in midsummer. This perfume, which is not exactly cheap for Xerjoff, but affordable by Xerjoff's standards, is best suited for spring anyway. It also gives me personally an optimistic aura, like the increasing sunshine, the greening and blossoming nature in this season.

Drseid
Smells OK, But The Value Proposition Stinks...
1861 opens with a beautiful lemon and mandarin orange mixture that starts things off on a promising note. The lemon quickly fades, but the orange remains turning into orange blossom on my skin and then in the heart notes coupling with a mint leaf. The mint is definitely present, but make no mistake, this is not about the mint, and much more about the orange with other floral- like powdery citrus notes including petitgrain in the heart supporting it. Hours later as the mandarin and its supporting florals recede a light musk and patchouli tandem takes center stage in the dry-down, melding with what remains of the orange. Projection is below average and longevity is average.

I guess I am one of only a few who have been less than impressed with Xerjoff's offerings on the whole, and 1861 adds to my list of disappointments. That is not to say that 1861 is a failure or smells bad (it doesn't), but rather it is just like too many other lesser citrus scents on the market that sell for considerably less money. The lemon in 1861 was impressive, but it was all too fleeting, leaving the mandarin and mint combo that was just a bit off to my tastes at least. If looking for a high quality Italian citrus, I could think of any number of worthy candidates costing much less that I would reach for over 1861, but one that immediately comes to mind is Acqua di Parma Colonia. In the case of 1861, I give it an "above average" rating of 2.5 to 3 out of 5 stars for its smell, but only 1.5 to 2 out of 5 for its relatively poor value proposition. Not recommended.

DanijelsDanijels 2 months ago
Nothing special. Basic citrus scent. I think there are much cheaper alternatives on the market.
AngeloManiAngeloMani 2 months ago
3.5
fresh citrus opening, boring soapy smell after that.
MrKaraMrKara 2 months ago
This is a summer banger. Fresh minty citrus fragrance, smells amazing!
RisingChaosRisingChaos 4 months ago
Citrus-forward with gentle florals, cooling mint with fresh cedar as it dries down. My fave mint scent, but the performance is subpar.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Renaissance opens fresh, a little bit tart with the lime and the mint. Then, you get a floral and powdery scent, musk, patchouli and cedar.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Quite overpriced for a basic scent. Smells cheap and weak
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
The citrusy-fresh scent with a subtle mint note and floral accents smells classy, versatile and, above all, authentic.

by Lacrimalus
by Ch053n0n3
by Stere
by Stere

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff