Lunosa 2020

Lunosa by XerJoff
Lunosa is a new and limited perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesNeroli, Cypriol
Heart Notes Heart NotesIndian tuberose, Gardenia, Ceylonese sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco, Oud, Haitian vetiver

Submitted by Lexa, last update on 27.01.2021.

The fragrance is exclusively available at Harrods.

Pretty
Pretty fragrance with dangerous price. Bottle is gold plated with actual gold so bring your bottles to pawnshop after they are used up ;) Jokes aside, very opulent white floral scent. It feels like concentrations of the oils here are 30-40% which is crzy much considering the modern days.

Short sum-up: Indolic tuberose with heady creamy sandalwood. After 2 hours drydown shows up with tobacco and honey. Very unisex, can be easily worn by men who adore neroli and tuberose. IT will be more successful amongst the female buyers.

Soooo...Scent is great. Price is even greater. Bottle wise, nothing that hasn't been done by other Italian brands with gold overspray and etched lines. Look at what Moresque did years ago. (P.S. same with Rosa Ekaterina styling taken over into the Apollo.... just saying). I assume it's crystal, It's way heavier than normal ones from XJ. Overall presentation is cool but has been done before. Scent wise solid 9 out of 10
Violett
A diamond, a short holiday, zeppelin flights... or a bottle of Lunosa ?
Today the price for 100ml of Lunosa, available at Harrods, is 843 pounds, approx. 929.66 euros (?!) And it has, I think, already fallen a little bit in the meantime. That alone is remarkable and raises questions. Sure, limited edition, crystal flacon... No idea what the reasons might be In any case, I spontaneously participated in the sharing, and did not pay any further attention to the costs.
I was a bit shocked how much I had to pay for the 4ml (although the price was absolutely fair !)
But I have no regrets whatsoever. Because this scent is... exciting. And yes, it's beautiful and special.
If you don't spray too much of it on, it is actually quite harmonious throughout.
In order to test it again "correctly", I have now put a good load on it.
Two fragrance components form the beginning: a sweet, ingratiating one and a strict, bitter one I smell honey, fruit and alcohol. That could be mead with a drop of orange liqueur. Hiccup!
I associate the austere note, which brings in a bit of disharmony, with leather. This smells, when used sparingly, very refined and elegant.
With stronger dosage it becomes very strict, bitter, medical. Everyone has his own pictures for this. Engine oil, street smells, I could understand everything, for me now no light leather anymore, but rather the black leather jacket of the car screwdriver (which also leaves it on when working).
But for my nose, flatterers outweigh flatterers. The bitter smokiness recedes with time and kindly changes into a moderate, still somewhat strict background spice. Well, now the transformation begins, little by little the flowers gain strength, radiantly friendly, warm and sweet, with the sensual tuber rose, the cheerful gardenia and the warm sandalwood as the main protagonists. The beautiful honey wine cocktail remains a little bit perceptible. But... any bitterness disappears!
This now smells much more pleasing and fortunately not boring at the same time.
With no other perfume have I ever experienced that I find the base most beautiful, but here it's like this. I smell an echo of all the fragrance that has taken place here. In the foreground is now a nice, warm spiciness .tobacco above all, I suppose, sandalwood. The oud has probably already lived out its bitter side in the beginning and has helped with the "motor oil smell" Now it's actually unnoticeable.
A lot happens in this fragrance, there are really significant changes in the course of the fragrance. This makes Lunosa exciting for me. Especially the beginning is not always harmonious from the smell, but most of the time it is a fine, pleasant smelling perfume.
It is also very interesting to see in which way we "translate" odours for ourselves. The bitter thing in the beginning was spontaneously alcohol and leather, you can live with that. If you can live with it Motor oil, dirt and above all various nasal nuisances associated with the dog, acceptance is probably much more difficult.
Anyway, I like Lunosa very much, but with the 4ml is good too. unless in a few years you get the rest of the limited edition for a special price (at least 700 Euro reduced.)
Then maybe you'd rather have a nice short holiday. :-)

Mogwai
We have to be patient, then it won't be long
So Xavier sang in some song.

The first spraying and sniffing on the wrist was a shock, nee uuuh
Like dog shit, a musty cellar in which once was a workshop and still old oil residues, petroleum, hang in the air.

Not washing it off requires patience,
yes be patient,
wait,
give it a chance.

I have researched this Cypriol, it is described among other things as particularly earthy, eagle-wood-like.
That's probably the note that's causing the bad smell
I remember years ago when we were kids playing in the streets When the road was dug up, it smelled extremely earthy. We kids found that smell as chewy.
This unpleasant perception goes away quite quickly, already in the next few minutes.

Then a smell of old burnt oil, or paraffin, remains very dominant and in the short term extremely pungent.
I sniff my wrist at short intervals.
I am briefly reminded of licorice, but only briefly.

Slowly a breath of sweetish flowers comes into my nose.
They are fighting a battle with this petroleum-like stubbornness.
More and more sweet, slightly powdered flowers are appearing.
They fight their way through. They're trying to get rid of that horrible smell of burning old oil and kerosene.
The sweet flowers begin to fill the room. Directly at the sprayed place they still fight with the unpleasant aroma.
After about 50 minutes this can still be perceived.

But the magical flowers win. They dance like dust particles in a ray of sunlight. A sweet, warm spray of flowers.
Figuratively a bowl filled with this burnt oil horror, in this one strews small ground sweet enchanting flowers with a pinch of powder and this in a sunbeam warmed up and flooded with light. Warm sweet magic.
More and more flowers more more.
Winning the flowers.

I don't feel the flowers as tuberose, as I know them from other fragrances, but they are wonderful.

No sticky sweetness.
A warm dry sweetness.
Addictive, lovers of sweet scents.

Little by little the last unpleasant note is displaced.

What remains is sweet warm magical
I'm surrounded by an unbelievable sillage
I wrote my statement after the first shock of getting to know each other I didn't wash it off. I'm glad I didn't.

We must be patient

Phoenix from the ashes has risen.

A masterpiece

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 months ago
Initially pungent and spicy bitter-earthy, a creamy/sweet earthy-floral Fall fragrance, balanced by a warm oriental-woody base. 100% Unisex!

24K
by Amourage
by Musa83
by Musa83

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff