Oud Stars - Alexandria II 2012Parfum

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff
Top 5 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Oud Stars - Alexandria

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Brazilian rosewood, Cinnamon, Fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose
Base Notes Base NotesLaotian oud, Vanilla, Amber

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 18.01.2021.

According to a statement by founder and creative director Sergio Momo, the only difference between Alexandria and Alexandria II should be the age of the used Oud. While in Alexandria the Oud is said to have seasoned 25 years, the one in Alexandria II is said to have seasoned 5 years.

Initially a total quantity of 120 bottles was sold exclusively at Fortnum & Mason, London. Since 2017 the fragrance is available in the regular assortment.

Mikadomann
From rum pot and furniture care
Coffee round. Toupeed hairstyles in colors between light blue and Snow White black...

"Anneliese, take rumtopf to the ice cream!"
"Oh, Resi, it already smells so much like alcohol... It's strong, isn't it? I still have to drive."
"Take it, Anneliese! There are only dark fruits from the garden in it."
"Oops! Oh, God! The couch... Will it come out?"
"Don't worry about it! Just don't rub it now! I'll use leather conditioner. I got it from HaRa."
"Yes, but then the apartment smells for days afterwards. You can't get it out of the room."
"Oh, I actually quite like smelling that..."
"Then you have the cream!"
...

That, or something like that, is how I imagine the scene would be if I were to figuratively describe the scent of Alexandria II...

At the first of foolish five sprays, I was already completely shocked. Why did I keep spraying? I don't know!

For many here, this fragrance is apparently something very special!
Therefore, I say in advance: everything I write is entirely subjective. I also think I have an inkling of what is so intriguing about this fragrance. Nothing of what I write should doubt the justification of the enthusiasm of most in the other comments...

Still...

Some of the previous commenters and annotators, also critical, describe their impression with the term "medical".
I know very well what they mean. For me, I'll narrow it down again and describe it as strong alcoholic.
But that's not the smooth alcohol of a liqueur, nor is it the scent that describes the variety of herb-based liquors or fruit brandies.To me, it's more like the pungent alcoholic note that strong grooming cleaners or cleaning products possess: Eben furniture polishes, leather conditioners, spot cleaners.

"Fleck-weg! The cleans and maintains. Now with even creamier fragrance"
At this point, people then often ask if a sample might be tipped. …. No!

I have rarely, ever had such a strong initial defensive reaction. Again, when some commenters write about wash-off compulsion, I have an idea of what is meant. The pungent scent - to write of the smell would now be too negative - actually goes with me on the nasal mucous membranes and lays on the tongue.
I had already prepared myself for a day with a headache. And I'm really, really not sensitive.

Linen shirt, cashmere sweater, down jacket... The nose at the crook of the arm smells the scent as if nothing lay between the skin and the olfactory organ.
I leave the house ... and the scent becomes more pleasant.
It's almost as if the scent needs the air to breathe itself. Like a wine that stings in the glass, freshly poured in the nose, but after 30 minutes becomes softer and velvety. But quite yes also here: the spontaneously noted association of alcohol.
But I now know what is meant, if the fragrance is described her enthusiastically...
For a short while, I think, maybe I need to be more patient. Maybe I'll still find favor...

The scent surrounds me all the time. Again and again it flies into my nose. When I turn my head, when I lower my face, when I brush through my hair...
I hesitate to speak of penetrance. ("It's your own fault!", I hear you say. "Five sprays! By Xerjoff! By Alexandria!!!"...)

As soon as I walk back into the apartment, the scent gets to me. But that's not the intensity or the sillage. It's the scent itself that's crowding me.

I barely have the scent of roses in my nose. For me, the oud dominates.
Lavender? Possibly. Amber? I imagine that to be softer.

Rarely do I compare fragrances with each other, because I often think that they are very independent compositions that you can describe against the background of your own perception, but rarely stand up to comparisons...
Here I venture, knowing that I will be met with much opposition.
I love wearing Guerlain's Santal Royal.
At moments, Alexandria II reminds me of it. But in the fragrance of Guerlain, the composition of rose and oud is more harmonious, forms there a great arc, seems tuned, balanced.

I have written two detailed, enthusiastic comments on two Xerjoff fragrances: "Accento Overdose" and "Opera".
There, the floral notes, the exuberance, the lavishness really grabbed and gripped me. Alexandria does not succeed.
Possibly I rather like the bright, fruity, really floral at the brand.
Although I also like edgier fragrances in principle, this one is too rumby for me, perhaps even a little too rowdy.

Towards the end, the fragrance then becomes softer. He gets something creamy. But even this is not the creaminess of desserts or of fragrant skin care, but just the cream for leather care. And also in it is alcohol.

Whether kings really smell like that, I don't know. If, then it would have to have been the Egyptian Pharaohs... Maybe.
But: I don't have that connection.

The scent may not connect to a person at all for me.
It remains "in itself." He is a fragrance without humanizing.
For me, it alcohols away. He alcohols in my nose, on my tongue, in my esophagus and in my head.

To speak of disappointment would be wrong. ... But I don't like it.

"There's a knock..."
"There you are, my dear!"
"Good afternoon, ladies! Good day, Aunt Anneliese!"
"This is your Sebastian? My God, he's grown! And chic! With a rose on his lapel! How old is he now?"
"Thirty-six already! ... Jura...!"
"Ohhh! You're so proud! You can tell by the kids how time flies."
"Sebastian, take Rumtopf!"
"Mommy, it smells so..."
"WATCH OUT! Oh, Sebastian! Now don't sit on that spot! Now you got all the furniture cream on your pants!"
...

Ptsau
My favorite from Xerjoff!
Love it at the first sniff! Warm and spicy but definitely not overly masculine and very unisex. Also very niche scent. Although tobacco is not listed as a note in its composition but I definitely can detect tobacco vibe in it (could be from the cinnamon). Tobacco is always my favorite note. It said it’s a woody fragrance but the woody scent is not too strong on me with this one. Instead, the combination of the spicy, cinnamon, amber, and vanilla are more prominent and they are amazing combination. The oud is very detectable and slightly animalic here. I didn’t know it was super potent when I bought it so I wore 4 sprays for the first time and my friends had to avoid me as they said my fragrance was too strong and they could even smell me from 10ft away but they said the scent was nice tho. I then found out its potency is 29% fragrance oil. It’s expensive but worth every penny because you would only need 1-2 spray so a bottle would last you forever. It’s a niche scent and could be a love or hate fragrance so don’t blind buy it but definitely recommend try a sample of it.
Incredibly persistent
This fragrance was the first niche fragrance I was allowed to try. And what can I say, he has convinced me immediately. Now I know that such fragrances have NOTHING to do with mainstream designer fragrances. This fragrance is indeed almost worth its money, which is already difficult at 500 euros/ 50 ml. Initially, a lemony fresh note penetrates the nose, which is gradually "overrun" by the oud.
2 sprays could be perceived 4 days after washing and ironing still almost as strong. Top fragrance!
Idk
Actually, I don't like oud.
No, seriously - I don't like it at all. I don't want to perceive oud in my presence, and even less do I want to "smell" it (to put it mildly). Oud, tobacco, leather - the 3 big "no's" when I go in search of new scents I want to test. But well, every ingredient has its right to exist and its lovers, including this "oud" which is incomprehensible to me. Is probably like so many things a very big question of taste, which everyone has to answer for himself.

I do not have many vials in my possession. After more than 100 tested samples I have found only a few that I really liked, and again only a fraction of these few fragrances have actually found a place on my shelf. Although I have almost only "better-known" perfumes in my collection, I like them unconditionally.

I must say that I am very sensitive to individual ingredients. Everything simply has to be right for me - from the fragrances to the performance to the shelf life, and above all, the feeling that I want to have the right bottle for the sample has to be established quickly and after initial tests. I have come to know and love many fragrances, but I don't have to own them.

Well then, how do I make the jump to the actual topic?
After I caught a XerJoff sample a few months ago (it was "Naxos"), and I found the fragrance to be "good", I stopped paying attention to the brand for the time being. This was only because at that time I only ordered one fragrance per fire to test myself crosswise.

However, after I came across the name XerJoff again and again (this happened through videos of more or less well-known perfume influencers, discussions here in the ticker as well as browsing the chart list on Parfumo), it came as it had to happen - I had to find out more about Mr. or Mrs. XerJoff. Smell more of it.

My next step was the following:
I entered the letter combination "xerjoff" (all lower case) into a well-known, sometimes too much knowing, search engine, and quickly came across the brand's website. There I ordered a sample kit with 4 fragrances, which I - inspired by the chart list on Parfumo - wanted to test. The names were "Amber Star", "Star Musk", "Uden" and "Alexandria II" - knowing full well that the evil word "Oud" was one of the main ingredients of Alexandria II.

Very well, I thought to myself, what the heck - said, done; ordered as delivered. At least almost. I was very pleased that the friendly messenger rang for me the very next day with said delivery. All the more sobering then was the discovery that one of the fragrances had been delivered wrong. Instead of Alexandria II, Alexandria III was in the package. "I didn't want that," I thought to myself. I sniffed at it anyway, and the scent was surprisingly "good" - despite oud. Good, but not outstanding; by no means one of the few exquisite scents I must own. And what is it that distinguishes Alexandria II and III? Was it perhaps a sign? Is it, so to speak, no matter which of the two I would smell, since both would not convince me in the end?

Nevertheless I did the only right thing as a customer and complained about the wrong delivery, and the very next day I held my specimen of Alexandria II in my hand.
That's where it should be. I opened the cardboard slipcase, took the sample, had the back of my hand ready, operated the spray head of the atomizer, waited a few seconds, smelled the sample and...

...and there it was. I found what I was looking for. The scent that tops everything. The oud that eclipsed all previous impressions. The perfume that allowed me to breathe
I have never smelled anything comparable, something so unique, which fascinated and magically attracted me at first sight. This fragrance is unique, and everyone should at least have tested it. It was soon clear to me that I would like to own this fragrance one day. Now it is already standing here, turned at a 90 degree angle to me
That, dear reader, dear reader, is it - my scent. A thoroughly hearty, wonderful scent composition. Everything I ever wanted in perfumery. This perfume is my pinnacle. I don't know if any other perfume could ever top this one. And between you and me - I wouldn't want that
Thank you very much for your attention!
Ehdr
Why the fuck are you sniffing around the table?
I love woody, spicy scents and there are many of them to my delight. Xerjoff Alexandria II belongs exactly in this category. Not sweet... not fruity... No, woody and spicy. And I agree with the previous speakers, the fragrance is really the perfumed luxury! As noble, as "rich" as the Americans say. But what distinguishes Alexandria II from other fragrances of this kind is its INCREASIBLE durability. Where other scents slowly fade, Alexandria II starts to become really horny (positively meant - not vulgar)
Let me illustrate this with a little anecdote. For omnipresent reasons (hello Corona) I'm currently working 2 days a week in my home office. Yesterday was one of those days again and so I decided to go with my wife and our daughter to a nearby restaurant shortly before noon to eat. Goes fast and nobody has to clean up the kitchen afterwards :-) The weather was ok, but still autumnally cool, so I changed my jacket, you don't want to catch a cold at the moment, because otherwise everybody thinks the world would go under. I didn't have a fragrance of the day yesterday, so I only had deodorant on it, nothing else. So we go to the restaurant, sit down and I hang my jacket on the chair behind me. While we wait for dinner, I notice an extremely horny, woody scent (we remember... I love woody scents). It smells unbelievably good and somehow the scent already seems familiar to me, but I can't really classify it. So I start to look around, because we were there relatively early, but there weren't many people there yet or the other guests were sitting so far away that I couldn't possibly notice any perfume from them... The table we are sitting at is made of wood, so I lower my head and start sniffing the table (could be...). Looking back, I realize that I must have looked like an idiot and my two girls pointed it out to me in their usual friendly manner :D But the table wasn't. Well... I just enjoyed my meal and the pleasant smell. Only when we were finished, got up and I took my jacket again, I noticed that the smell came from my jacket. BOOOM!! Now I remembered it again. I wore the jacket about 3 weeks ago and had Alexandria II on it (from a sample which is empty now).

Long story short... The scent is divine and lasts forever (especially on clothes). But it's not a pushy/nervous durability but an extremely pleasant companion, which accompanies you constantly and lets you feel a touch of luxury. It has its price and you certainly don't have to blindly buy a whole bottle, but I recommend everyone (no matter if male or female) to at least order a small bottling or try it in the shop. You can almost only love it. And another thing... Don't be fooled by the top note and also not by the heart, the fragrance really starts after about 6 hours!

Best wishes and enjoy your (well-deserved - I am sure) weekend!

TRehf
Maybe the best fragrance ever created
I remember when I smelled Alexandria II for the first time. Back than, I didn’t really know what to think. Alexandria II was and still is one of those BIG names in the fragrance community that almost everybody at least has heard of. I was just wondering „This is it?!?“. Maybe my nose was already saturated or I just wasn’t ready for this type of scent.

Now that I’m talking about my very first impression of Alexandria II, it sounds like this happened years ago. Actually, it’s only a few months ago and things have changed a lot. I finally have a bottle of it in my hands.
To me, Alexandria II has become a reference point for what a scent has to be. It’s this 10 out of 10 benchmark that every other scent has to compare with.
It’s smooth yet complex, mysterious, creamy yet aromatic, woody and so much more. It just captures all the facets that a scent can incorporate. In addition to that the performance is great, projection and sillage not overwhelming but clearly noticeable. The presentation is the best that I’ve seen so far and I got several Kilian Paris fragrances in my collection.

It is a fragrance that smells like class, status and success without being arrogant and derogatory to others. The lure is great to use it as a signature scent, but it’s too pity, it’s made for special occasions.

I would never suggest anyone to spend 400€-500€ on a 100ml bottle of fragrance. Yes, it is expensive. Sanity cannot justify spending that much money. But It’s weird because somehow I even find this pricetag justified.

If you haven’t already, at least try it once in your life.
Pompous!
The headline "A fragrance for kings", which another fragrance madman has chosen here, fits perfectly in my opinion ;) !

I bought a sample of Alexandria II a few weeks ago.
Arrived at home it was of course immediately tested
First impression: Wow, that smells expensive.
But I also immediately noticed something soft/creamy, which at first bothered me a bit.
I had only noticed a similar note in Laylati by Xerjoff.
But what was too strong (and feminine) for me in Laylati, fits perfectly into the composition in Alexandria II.
It's supposed to be, no, it's supposed to be like this!!
The more I wear it, the more I like it.

Shelf life and Sillage are a declaration of war...despite taking a shower I still perceive the scent 20 hours later discreetly.

If you have the necessary change and are looking for something special (but still suitable for the masses), you can get a sample here with a clear conscience.
Pure luxury for the special occasions. Absolutely unisex (therefore also suitable for queens =). Cheers.
A fragrance for kings
It is not often that I make a long comment, because in my opinion I can not express myself so well and I am relatively inexperienced in fragrances, despite my somewhat larger collection
But this masterpiece deserves more than "just" my brief statement on it. I would like to say that this is my first and so far only Xerjoff fragrance that I have encountered. That's why I can't make any comparisons to the others from the "Oud Stars" series
In any case, this fragrance took me into another world at the very first sniff in the perfumery. There is something so fantastically beautiful about it that I simply can't describe it any other way. It's fruity, floral, smoky, rich, opulent and simply beautiful. When I read the notes before, I was sceptical whether a man can even wear that. The answer is a clear yes. Then the durability, this durability...the friendly staff gave me 2 sprays on my hand and even the next afternoon the scent was still present. And then this Sillage...my scent of the day was pressed hard against the wall and was outshined crystal clear, although I had applied it only an hour before.

But the much bigger question is, WHERE can one wear such a fragrance? It is much too good for an everyday scent or office fragrance and I would never want to waste it. Or for the office the sillage could be too intrusive. It should definitely be kept for the very special occasions. I could spontaneously think of a wedding, or just something more sophisticated
However, quality has its price, retail for 50ml here you pay almost 300 Euros. However, this is really a fragrance whose price is fully justified. I can hardly imagine a better rose/oudh combination. Anyway, I will watch Xerjoff very closely from now on. :)

The KING
Wow. What a stunner! Alexandria II is so rich and opulent with one of the most beautiful presentations I've ever seen. The creamy woods are blended to perfection with the fruits and florals. It's just gorgeous. Performance is beyond top-notch. Lasts for over 18 hours on skin with heavy projection. This is one of those "next level" fragrances. If you love orientals, you need to get your nose on Alexandria II.

Scent: 10/10
longevity: 10/10
Projection: 10/10
Price/Performance Ratio: 9/10
The fragrance in My life
Short and concise

I'll think I'll NEVER do better than that To find this smell the best I've ever smelled!

Alexandria 2 !!! And this will remain forever MY fragrance :D

Simply perfect oudig fruity oh simply indescribable one smells in the lift or at the bottle and for me just a smell explosion!

CumhranfearCumhranfear 3 months ago
2.5
Something in this - the oud? the lavender? - has a fish-like note to me. I'm afraid I can't join in the love for this fragrance.
TrippilippiTrippilippi 4 months ago
To my nose, on my skin is very similar to Tamima from Moresque, cannot tell which one I love most.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
After a warm spicy/floral opening, this elegant powdery oriental-woody Winter fragrance settles to a gentle sweet resinous-woody base.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 1 year ago
Smells exactly like 212 Sexy by CH or Armani Code. Super overpriced for what you get
Bcatalin1Bcatalin1 1 year ago
Even though this is a very loved fragrance,i find it pretty simple for the price.Lavender,oud and cinnamon,very dry if you ask me.
Pietros921Pietros921 3 years ago
This is a feminine fragrance. Only 6hours later when its completly absorbed you get more oud and a powdery sweetness making it more unisex

by Sweetsmell75
by Eggi37
by Tcova
by Tcova

Popular XerJoff

Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff