Oud Stars - Alexandria II 2012 Parfum

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff
Top 5 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Oud Stars - Alexandria

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Brazilian rosewood, Cinnamon, Fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose
Base Notes Base NotesLaotian oud, Vanilla, Amber

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 17.05.2021.

According to a statement by founder and creative director Sergio Momo, the only difference between Alexandria and Alexandria II should be the age of the used Oud. While in Alexandria the Oud is said to have seasoned 25 years, the one in Alexandria II is said to have seasoned 5 years.

Initially a total quantity of 120 bottles was sold exclusively at Fortnum & Mason, London. Since 2017 the fragrance is available in the regular assortment.

Dennisku3012
A dream fragrance for all
Where to start...

The first time icu purchased this fragrance was through a dear souker on Parfumo. It was one of my first souks. On that day, 4 bottlings reached me. All of them were great (LV - Ombre Nomade, Dior - Bois d'argent, Creed - Aventus..). And the last one I tested was Alexandria 2. I thought I was dreaming...
It is still a mystery to me how one can have the creativity to create such a great fragrance.
The fragrance reflects a high level of luxury. A great vanilla, rosewood, a super cinnamon note with a touch of the oriental touch and a little OUD.

And the fragrance haut again with the sillage and the durability one drauf.
Perceptible is the fragrance loose throughout the day. On the skin it remains partly after showering. On the clothes, the scent keeps on just a few weeks, if you do not wash them. It is really brutal and worth every penny.
A very clear buy recommendation.

Hype
Biggest hype in the fragrance history. Beautiful blend and quality. Just amazing like silk but the performance? After 5 hours only lavender .sillage is oké but also a hype. Just sample before you buy guys

The best of both worlds
If you like Amouage Reflection & JP Gaultier Le Male then your lucky. The fragrance is a masterpiece but sorry mr. Momo! If you change the formulation please change the price also! There is a massive différence between Alexandrie en Alexandrie 2. If you were Armani Code or layer it with Reflection or Le Mâle , you’re close to the sweetness of the burning opening from this one.
With all do respect ..the price isn’t justified here!
Wellness from the bottle
Disclaimer: I am an older gentleman of advanced retirement age who has applied fragrances for personal pleasure all his life. I have neither an analytical nose and professional background knowledge, nor the urge to remain as objective as possible in evaluations, as far as this seems at all possible with fragrances.

Some things in life should be encountered at the first time preferably blind, so as not to cloud your own judgment a priori by personal resentments.
On the table in front of me is a bottle of 1964 Château Margaux - a spontaneous purchase from a wine auction - and truly no special Bordeaux vintage. No 1945 or 61, and only not the legendary Margaux from the year 1900. Hadn't I already read several times that in particular the 64 is supposed to seem completely untypical Margaux?
And yet the great name remains...
On the other hand, Margaux reds in particular can develop surprisingly well, but it was too late for a blind tasting now anyway.

In other words, I was once again on the verge of pouring a veritable dose of "neurosis" in my old Moser glass. Actually, an objective assessment seemed beyond my grasp.

It's a similar story with good fragrances. If name and reputation are big enough, and far ahead, then the own expectation completely clouds any senses - which is even more valid with a higher price tag.
Disappointment and enthusiasm then usually play music in similarly rapturous realms.

Clarity, however, is gained by returning. If one returns again and again to an object of desire, then it really belongs to one. Xerjoff's Alexandria II has become such a creature for me in recent years. Its powdery sweetness comes across as anything but burdensomely heavy. Rather, it wraps the wearer in a warm cashmere blanket under which all the problems of the world seem forgotten. Xerjoff has really succeeded in transporting well-being into a bottle. If no time for a wellness day remains, or gray clouds press on the mind, then a spray is enough to smile again.

Yet Alexandria II feels familiar from day one.

I would find it idle with this fragrance to philosophize about the individual ingredients.
Each individual is undoubtedly of high quality, but more important is their interaction as a whole composition.
Yes, you can perceive the rose in the heart note, but it blends just so subtly into the amber vanilla Nirvana that any comparison with a usual flower bouquet must seem completely out of place. Like the individual instruments of a good orchestra, the ingredients play together harmoniously perfect.

Equally unfair would seem the comparison with an average designer fragrance.
They are simply different worlds.
Power, sillage, durability, expression, sensory appeal play here in a completely different dimension.
The fragrance itself becomes the protagonist. And yes - you can indeed smell the price tag.

Furthermore, you can not point out often enough that of such a fragrance a single spray is enough, while you have to respray some designer several times a day vigorously, because its durability and sillage mock any description. This relativizes the higher acquisition costs immensely.

In particular, you get with Xerjoffs Alexandria II but undoubtedly a perfume with which you can present themselves regardless of their own gender without shame at any evening gala event. It is a masterpiece of perfumers art, which I may recommend regardless of my introductory words unreservedly.

Personally, I prefer the Xerjoff Discovery Set III since its release, because in addition to Alexandria II with Naxos and Golden Dallah two other favorite fragrances from the same house are included.

Finally, I would like to mention the beauty of the Xerjoff flacons may. The sparkle of the golden caps works namely similarly enchanting as the content, and provides a real eye catcher in your own bathroom or dressing room.

Xerjoff's Alexandria II has become a part of my life, which I would only reluctantly miss, which I can not say of the aforementioned 1964 Margaux truly..
My first luxury scent
Since I am still at the beginning of my fragrance journey, I wanted to smell a high-class fragrance once to train my nose. Since I do not know how real oud smells and the fragrance will certainly change in my perception (have him only once worn), the fragrance description will now turn out relatively bumbling. Even the 5ml took its toll. But after the considerations now to the first spraying. I found it very interesting how directly an image has consolidated in my head. My thought was:, Hmm. So that's 300€. The smell must be the woods". And an image of a brown wooden surface in daylight became fixed in my mind and stayed there the whole day where I perceived the scent. I had never had that before. Was it the mysterious rosewood and oud that I perceived here for the first time in my life? Or was it that this scent reminded me of nothing my nose has ever encountered? Or both? How was it with your first niche fragrance experience? Very interesting. The latter, by the way, I also noticed that it took me a while to evaluate the scent. I was really confused at the beginning:D
But now I anticipate my 2nd thought. The in this confusion and effect of Alexandria 2, I tried him to evaluate:,, hmmm. Kind of soothing. Really wonderful this wood. And mixed with... That must be the lavender. Blends really well together." Now that I think about it, it was a really beautiful moment. Almost like a meditation. And the rest of the day too, the sillage acted as a room scent for the Sowi retreat despite the mask, I was really enchanted. And speaking of sillage. My little brother said he was choking, even though I'd been 20 yards away for a few minutes. On drydown, I was hoping for a sosprio erba pura. Pure but no sweetness vanilla, this was really nice. Vanilla I got 12-14 hours. But only slightly noticeable. I think that was due to the musk in erba Pura.
It was definitely a beautiful experience and I look forward to the next spray. It ends here now because my train is about to arrive.
Cheers
ChrisTian123
Oriental AND suitable for everyday use
Oriental fragrances are often very complex and fascinating. Unfortunately, in everyday life then simply lack the opportunities to wear them regularly.

Alexandria II is for me the perfect blend of complex oriental composition, the woody-spicy comes along and a quite mass Signature, which leaves no doubt that the carrier has reached into the top shelf.

The presentation alone is a feast for the eyes and the unboxing an experience. Durability and projection add up to a performance that is second to none.

Me, the fragrance has grabbed from the first moment and pulled into its spell. Who has not yet dared to oriental fragrances and fears to have missed something, has with this Xerjoff the chance to dive into the world of oriental fragrances carefully

Bashke81
One way ticket to Egypt please!
This is absolutely stunning, what a beautiful fragrance. I can't stop sniffing my arm!
It is an unbelievable well blended creamy scent that lasts for a long long time.
This is just a masterpiece if you ask me and there for in my top 3. It is just wow.
Well done Mr. Maurice! Well done indeed!
10/10
Jasminroedig
The candle in the darkness
I was particularly looking forward to this fragrance and was correspondingly excited when I held the filling with the precious liquid in my hands. The opinions go with Alexandria 2 yes very divergent, which has also made me very curious. As with many other perfumas/parfumos, it stayed in my watch list for quite a long time, until a nice souk acquaintance gave me the rest of it as a present with my requested bottlings. What I think of Alexandria 2 you learn now and I wish you much joy and inspiration while reading!

The first sniff:
When even the smallest spray hit my skin, the scent filled the entire environment. I am standing in the middle of a room filled to the stone ceiling high with old dust-dry wood that is in danger of catching fire at the slightest spark. To me, the beginning seems primarily smoky-woody, to which cinnamon fits perfectly. It gives Alexandria 2 its figurative spice. But the fruits that I detect in the background here also contribute to this. But the spotlight is definitely on the smoky, dry woody aroma that comes across almost powdery. The lavender listed is totally lost on me, and overall the start doesn't have the slightest bit of lightness or lightness to me either. Rather, it is dark, mysterious and forbidden.
After a few minutes, you get a glimpse of something floral with a pungent acidity on the nose. This must be the rose, a jet black rose, with razor sharp spines. This rose helps the fragrance neutralize the woody powderiness a bit. It can actually use that quite well at the point.

The course:
While the quite creamy warm base initially held back, it gives itself with the fragrance development more and more to recognize. The acidity of fruit and rose becomes more homogeneous and stings increasingly less. Of the oud, which in many fragrances comes across as very lush, almost overwhelming, I notice rather little during the entire wearing situation of Alexandria 2. It holds back modestly and skillfully, which makes this Xerjoff wearable even for oud counterparts. After 10 minutes, one first senses a tendency towards warmth. I suspect that this goes on the account of the vanilla-amber base.
The overall impression of Alexandria 2 has thus changed a lot. Now you stand in a dark room, in which a candle stands centrally. It is both a source of light and warmth and thus indispensable to find your way in this frightening room.
The perfume becomes more and more wearable from this moment, softer, yet he remains mystical and dark. At this point, I have to praise the the bottle, which almost does the fragrance justice here.... but just almost.
The fragrance seems to me at this moment refined, even gilded, what others would describe at this point with sweetness. Because the word does not quite hit this direction for me.

But after 4 hours, the fragrance is then actually filled with a creamy sweetness, with which he has evolved tip from the start, very nice!

My conclusion:
Alexandria 2 is lush and filled. The fragrance is more than just a breeze blowing at you. The perfume is expensive, has a colossal durability and sillage, which must definitely be appreciated. Precisely because of this performance, this Xerjoff is not for indoors, it needs space to fill, because you can't tame anything here. This fragrance you do not have under control - you will be noticed.
Definitely you should have smelled the contents of the bottle once, although I definitely wouldn't recommend it to everyone. Alexandria 2 takes a long time to develop, and it definitely impressed me a lot with that. There's nothing synthetic about it, nothing that puts me off and yet, at 20 years old, I'm far from ready to wear the fragrance.
But if you're asking me if this is a perfume masterpiece?
If you ask me if this is art?

Well, I don't have to think about that - the answer is yes
Dekibrate
If you love oud, you love Him.
Quality has its price. A well-known saying that everyone knows and in the house of Xerjoff is definitely the case. I must admit that I am absolutely no oud lover. I have already tested several oud fragrances and I always have an aversion to oud. I'm just into sexy, sweet musky vanilla perfumes. My nose doesn't seem to allow anything else. Is just not a cheater... LOL. A little fun on the side. Still, I have to say that despite everything, there are fragrances that contain oud and I like them too. I find the Alexandria at the beginning is very sweet and with the time then extremely in the vanilla / woody unfolds. Very pleasant and incredibly luxurious. Here but again for me a fragrance that I just for this price also, not necessarily have to. Loose flockig 3 bills for 50 ml to spend, one should consider well before.

Despite everything, for Oud Lover the perfect fragrance.
PS: You can also recommend fragrances that you yourself do not like so or you are simply also not a fan of it. Goes everything
DerDefcon
No rose, but a lot of amber, a lot of sweetness... too much sweetness.
I was very curious about the much praised "Alexandria II", one reads here on parfumo.de but so much of him and he also has notes, which I also like in various other fragrances. Above all, however, I was curious about the oud-lavender compound, which already inspired me in "Fars" sustainable. This dry woodiness with subtle hints of fougère had olfactory its very special charm and gives the fragrance an incredible everyday suitability. I was all the more excited to see how the combination of those two fragrance notes comes to light in "Alexandria II" - a Xerjoff candidate, which seems to get here again significantly more attention.

The prelude impresses with a clearly perceptible lavender note, which is settled on a creamy-amber foundation. The oud appears at the same time, without coming across medicinal, fecal or animalic. It is simply wood - nothing more.
Parallels to "Fars" can be guessed by the lavender-oud combination, of course. However, the creamy amber plays a weighty role in this composition, he lets those not so dry-woody as the "Fars" smell. The additional creaminess is quite interesting and makes "Alexandria II" seem more solemn in a certain way, similar to the amber in "Grand Soir" from Kurkdjian. However, the note I actually like, I suspect, brings a somewhat strange sweetness to this Xerjoff bestseller that I don't do so well with. To some it smells, I could read it, like shoe polish, to others like medicine. I can't quite put my finger on what it smells like, or what the reason for my sniffling is. I'm probably not made for creamy sweet lavender wood (oud-lavender combination) and prefer the much more straightforward "Fars". "Alexandria II" is too sultry for me and just not quite my cup of tea. I don't smell rose here at all, by the way. The durability and sillage are typical for Xerjoff of course phenomenal

StaticStatic 16 days ago
If you reformulate the juice ... please reformulate the price !
PalmbeachPalmbeach 2 months ago
It is a beautiful perfume that will conjure an interesting aura around you. Thanks Xerjoff
Bashke81Bashke81 3 months ago
Beautiful and sofisticated fragrance!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
Classy spicy oriental scent. The lavender in the opening is quite heavy but then settles down with a sweet amber. In the base, a soft oud.
CumhranfearCumhranfear 7 months ago
2.5
Something in this - the oud? the lavender? - has a fish-like note to me. I'm afraid I can't join in the love for this fragrance.
TrippilippiTrippilippi 8 months ago
To my nose, on my skin is very similar to Tamima from Moresque, cannot tell which one I love most.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 8 months ago
After a warm spicy/floral opening, this elegant powdery oriental-woody Winter fragrance settles to a gentle sweet resinous-woody base.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 1 year ago
Smells exactly like 212 Sexy by CH or Armani Code. Super overpriced for what you get
Bcatalin1Bcatalin1 1 year ago
Even though this is a very loved fragrance,i find it pretty simple for the price.Lavender,oud and cinnamon,very dry if you ask me.
Pietros921Pietros921 4 years ago
This is a feminine fragrance. Only 6hours later when its completly absorbed you get more oud and a powdery sweetness making it more unisex

by Sweetsmell75
by Tcova
by Nadiiine
by Nadiiine

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff Accento Overdose by XerJoff