Oud Stars - Alexandria II 2012 Parfum

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff
Top 3 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Oud Stars - Alexandria

Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesLaotian oudLaotian oud
VanillaVanilla
AmberAmber

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 28.09.2021.

According to a statement by founder and creative director Sergio Momo, the only difference between Alexandria and Alexandria II should be the age of the used Oud. While in Alexandria the Oud is said to have seasoned 25 years, the one in Alexandria II is said to have seasoned 5 years.

Initially a total quantity of 120 bottles was sold exclusively at Fortnum & Mason, London. Since 2017 the fragrance is available in the regular assortment.

Oriental starry sky
Unique fragrance. Beguiling, sensual and very complex. I love the intense pallisander and amber scent, although the perfume is very finely balanced. Projection and sillage are immensely strong. You can still detect the perfume a few minutes after the wearer has left the room. However, the scent is not at all intrusive, but very pleasant. I have received by far the most compliments for this fragrance and I myself sometimes can't get off my wrist. Royale aura, oriental starry sky, just great!
Fragrance Addict Redefined
When I smelled Alexandria 2 the first time as a bottling I was Geflashed first, how can Oud with rose be so soft, but at the same moment so extremely present and pleasant. I have worn him in the beginning only rarely but one thing was clear, a bottle must be here!
Short time later I have me about Parfumo itself, a bottle can secure from the year 2018.

When I sprayed it on the first time the years of maturing has shown its effect and the oud was much stronger than the first filling. The fragrance itself has remained the same only from the feeling is the durability and sillage increased by another 30%.

I have now tried many Xerjoffs through, also from the Oudstars series, and am still a huge fan of the A2, and would say that it is the best Xerjoff, which everyone must have tried times on Oriental/Oud scents Steht or rose.
Take me Oud and welcome to Dr. Alexandria II
Hello and come on in to the office of Dr. Alexandria II!

Alexandria II is, at least here on Parfumo, pretty well rated, so I had to test, as so often before, what is to this 'hype'. So ordered filling and waited and then it was so far, the filling landed in my mailbox.

Although I was curious, I had postponed the test to the next day, because I was on the day when the filling arrived, not really after perfume test.

Well... said, done!

Fragrance
When I sprayed the fragrance on my arm, I waited a few minutes and smelled it. It smelled very strongly medicinal! I thought this was the alcohol at first, so I waited some more, however nothing just changed at first! It continued to smell very strongly medicinal and I actually came to associate it with a doctor's office/hospital, which I am woefully familiar with. I actually felt as if I would sit in a treatment room at the doctor or in the hospital and wait for my treatment.

After some time, the medical smell receded a little and the scent became woody-sweetish, however, the medical smell (presumably oud)? also remained present and for hours, or until the smell is completely gone at some point.

From a certain time Alexandria II reminds me strangely easy to Parfums de Marly Carlisle, probably this is due to the vanilla and amber, but am not sure.

To put it in a nutshell:
I smell here more than clearly the oud, rosewood and lavender. The fruits I also smell, but not individually, but it smells just sweet. Cinnamon and rose I do not smell.

Flacon
Have the, like all other XerJoff Flakons, not yet seen in real or only the Naxos (since I now own) and find the bottles of XerJoff all very beautiful and high quality, there is really absolutely nothing to criticize or complain. Also the cap and sprayer are very nice.

Durability and Sillage
The longevity and sillage is really brutal here, I wouldn't have thought so myself. My arm still smells, although the test is already 2 days ago and I was already shower. I've actually never experienced anything like this before! The sillage is also brutal. One smells the perfume, despite 1 spray from a few meters away very strong and clear.

@!Price / performance

Why Alexandria II is more expensive than Naxos is indeed puzzling to me. I am not a fan of such high prices, even if the perfume is high quality and brutal. The performance is more than very good.

Trivia*
Take me Oud - "If it's your scent, keep the light on. Squeeze it, you're out."
Unfortunately, I have to put out the lamp because I absolutely do not like Alexandria II! The opening is absolutely awful and unbearable for me personally. The medicinal smell is awful and quite acrid in my nose. Even the drydown doesn't change anything, even if it is clearly more pleasant than the opening, but the oud, which is simply present from beginning to end, is just way too much for me.

I had also held the fragrance under the nose of others, the reactions were: "ihh go away, what is that?", "Boah that stinks, just go away!", "wash that off please, that stinks!" etc.

Even if one or the other would like to kill me now but exactly this thought I had the whole time. I had not washed it off, although it was unbearable for me, but I wanted to wait whether the smell still improves and if so, in how far.

Personally, I would not buy Alexandria II and I also do not advise anyone to buy the fragrance blindly, as the is really extraordinary and brutal.

Oud and I just don't become friends. I just can not gain anything from Oud and do nothing with it.

I like from the XerJoffs so far Amber Star and Naxos quite gladly, whereby I must really say that with me, as far as XerJoff is concerned, Amber Star on place 1 and Naxos on place 2.
PapaDennis
Love at first smell, or is it?
When I first saw this perfume, I thought to myself, "Wow, what a classy piece!"
The packaging and bottle make me feel like something royal.

The first sprays I smelled knocked my socks off. I was in love. Deeply.
This regal Alexandria had me spellbound.

Even weeks after first smelling it, I raved about the scent almost daily, in my mind.

The price of this noble fragrance is far too expensive for me to this day to acquire it, yet it is so incredibly beautiful!

Until..... i got a sample. I now have it in my own hand; the divine scent of Alexandria...
I was excited, this first experience I had, it felt like I had bagged a lion!

Now I spray myself with this scent again in the evening...
Do you know this feeling if you had a great night with a lady or just the other way around from the woman's point of view, with a guy?
Unforgettable dirty, romantic, divine!
And the second night, the complete opposite?
That's how I feel with my royal Alexandria...

Disappointment. Too much emotion that hit me the first time I smelled it. My love shattered in ruins.

I will use it again someday. And hope for my experience again.

But I also hope there are enough who have this first experience I had again and again!
Oriental Spa
After many videos and mentions here at Parfumo I could not avoid to test the Alexandria II once myself. First in the Breuniger a first impression of flacon and fragrance erhascht and then finally ordered a filling over the Souk.
The Alexandria II so immediately after receipt applied and thought in the first moment, one would have screwed me. It smelled like disinfectant and nothing else. ? But after 1-2 minutes, the scent unfolded. The first impression is quite fruity and floral, with a slightly cinnamony note.
In the next 10 minutes, it becomes much woodier and and more intense.
I feel transported back to the small town of Agadir on holiday to Morocco. There was a wonderful spa / wellness area there, as well as an oriental hammam. Alexandria II takes me back to that hammam with the scents of lavender, cinnamon, rosewood, rose and oud. Sweet, slightly spicy and comfortingly warm probably best describe both Alexandria and the scents in the hammam. Vanilla and oud give the fragrance a good depth after time, however, the vanilla comes a little too short.
Durability and sillage are good to very good. After 6-7 hours, it is only perceptible on clothes. Whereby my skin also does not offer the best properties for long-lasting fragrance.

Although I really like the fragrance and enchants me in a very special way, I will not buy it as a full bottle. Unlike the Naxos, for example, he is too "special" for me as that I would actually wear it often enough
Beloved and yet outcast
Eighty percent of my fragrance purchases are blind buys. I enjoy reading great reviews, and then just taking a chance. And a little more than Aronal in the morning and Elmex in the evening. Or was it the other way around? Anyway. That's also how a 30ml travel spray of Alexandria II ended up with me. Then the cautious approach begins. Often I only succeed in establishing a relationship with the respective fragrance after several applications. Fortunately, as always with Xerjoff, I was immediately convinced by the craftsmanship and the quality of the ingredients. On the first spray, there was already a hairspray note. The three perfumery employees who were allowed to sniff the bottle when I picked it up, because they didn't know the scent or the brand, even wrinkled their noses in slight irritation. They didn't say it, but I could read their thoughts in slow motion: why so much money for THAT? I then said something like: he'll come, I'm sure. But hey, such a fresh hairspray note is actually not so wrong. Especially since immediately afterwards the lavender is excellently perceptible. Together with the oud, cushioned by the leg notes, which I really only see as a buffer for the lavender-oud combination, it now creates such a fresh, cool summer scent with a room-filling sillage. The longevity is very decent for hours. I find Alexandria II to be dominant, elegant and masculine. Very masculine. Fortunately, a grateful taker has been found for whom this firecracker suits perfectly. I have not been comfortable with this fragrance on me, although I consider it a masterpiece. Greetings and thank you for your time
Love at the SECOND sight and Sniff - also with me
Fine, creamy, woody with fruity lavender and aldehydes. Round, smooth, no sharp edges, long lasting, soothing and pleasant without threatening the environment. One-A companion for day and night.
Masterpiece !?
First I would like to say that I am not one of those who manage to describe a fragrance like a novel and go into every little detail. Merely my story, my experience, my point of view.
This is now my second Xerjoff I own and I must admit that it will certainly not be the last. In principle, this house creates in my opinion very high-quality, independent and sensual fragrances With Alexandria II it is no different.

The packaging is top and you get a very nice "leather" box. From a certain price, the bottle should also be qualitatively packaged, just belongs to it if you ask me. The bottle is typical for this house very chic, elegant, stable and looks high quality. Here fits the whole drum around just perfect and you have when unpacking already the feeling here something special in the hands to hold.

But now to the actual fragrance:
This as I find slightly woody, fruity prelude I really like. The specified cinnamon note I personally take only very lightly. After a few minutes, I am enveloped and caressed by a soothing and gentle warmth. Also the oud contained in it I perceive well and for me it is in no way penetrating or disturbing, but harmonizes very well with rose, vanilla and amber. This resinous-sweet that I perceive fits quite well and fills me and my sense of smell with goodwill. It is very intense and smells just Krass. So in about I perceive this fragrance. Also, the durability is really class with me and keeps aufjedenfall several hours. Personally, I smell him 6-8h intense and up to 12-16h close to the skin, what you can expect at a slightly higher price quite. Sillage is of course also excellent, with up to 3-4 sprays Alexandria II takes the whole room and is up to 2-5m distance really very well perceptible by my fellow men.
All in all, I am really very pleased and glad to have it in my collection. It is really excellent craftsmanship, very high quality and a fragrance on a high Qualitativem level.
Will now test some other Xerjoff and I'm curious whether they also so blow me away as this one. Certainly I could rave on forever how well I like Alexandria II, but I think that it is enough for now I can only everyone who has not yet tried this fragrance to the heart to give him a chance and to test, I'm sure he will like a lot of testers.
I can also understand if the price on the one or the other or on the one or the other deterrent, but I think it's really worth it for this "masterpiece" to take a little more money in hand, because you get a lot of perfume for a lot of money
I wish every proud owner still much joy in this baby.
SkipToMyLou
End of the line homogeneity
Alexandria II starts for me at first slightly medicinal (caused by the oud)

After a few seconds, the scent on the skin becomes indescribable.

Indescribable in terms of homogeneity and complexity of the perceivable fragrances.
The ingredients fragrances in this "masterpiece" fit perfectly into each other, without the here a fragrance molecule uniformly dominates.

However, we must leave out the oud here. Oud is in itself an incredibly dominant ingredient. For this reason, the oud is the clear companion here over the entire time.

Towards the end in the dry down it changes as a predominant perceptible chord in the vanilla
Wellness at the Ritz-Carlton Dubai
I like to describe scents with scenarios or moments they remind me of or I can picture them well.
Alexandria 2 Characterizes for me a luxury wellness visit to the Ritz-Carlton Dubai.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to experience this yet, but I imagine it smells the same there.
Luxurious and unobtrusive oud with vanilla and amber. Fitting wellness association, the fragrance relaxes me and accompanies me on a dream journey.

However, I also had to get used to the fragrance and smell it more often to appreciate ih. But as is so often the case, it is usually these fragrances that one then particularly loves.

NicSealNicSeal 1 month ago
Effortlessly classy, massively unique and a masterpiece. Gorgeous bottle too. Performance is top notch and quality is unmatched.
Cheech93Cheech93 4 months ago
Perhaps my peasant nose is not refined enough to appreciate this one—not a fan at all. Oud is kinda gross smelling here IMO.
Blako11Blako11 4 months ago
Hay que saber apreciarla, al principio la lavanda te puede "echar para atrás", pero la esencia de Alexandría II para mi es una obra de arte.
StaticStatic 5 months ago
If you reformulate the juice ... please reformulate the price !
Bashke81Bashke81 7 months ago
Beautiful and sofisticated fragrance!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Classy spicy oriental scent. The lavender in the opening is quite heavy but then settles down with a sweet amber. In the base, a soft oud.
CumhranfearCumhranfear 12 months ago
2.5
Something in this - the oud? the lavender? - has a fish-like note to me. I'm afraid I can't join in the love for this fragrance.
TrippilippiTrippilippi 12 months ago
To my nose, on my skin is very similar to Tamima from Moresque, cannot tell which one I love most.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
After a warm spicy/floral opening, this elegant powdery oriental-woody Winter fragrance settles to a gentle sweet resinous-woody base.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Smells exactly like 212 Sexy by CH or Armani Code. Super overpriced for what you get

by Sweetsmell75
by Danijels
by Nadiiine
by Nadiiine

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff Accento Overdose by XerJoff