Oud Stars - Alexandria II 2012Parfum

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff
Top 9 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Oud Stars - Alexandria

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Brazilian rosewood, Cinnamon, Fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose
Base Notes Base NotesLaotian oud, Vanilla, Amber

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 22.10.2020.

According to a statement by founder and creative director Sergio Momo, the only difference between Alexandria and Alexandria II should be the age of the used Oud. While in Alexandria the Oud is said to have seasoned 25 years, the one in Alexandria II is said to have seasoned 5 years.

Initially a total quantity of 120 bottles was sold exclusively at Fortnum & Mason, London. Since 2017 the fragrance is available in the regular assortment.

Ehdr
Why the fuck are you sniffing around the table?
I love woody, spicy scents and there are many of them to my delight. Xerjoff Alexandria II belongs exactly in this category. Not sweet... not fruity... No, woody and spicy. And I agree with the previous speakers, the fragrance is really the perfumed luxury! As noble, as "rich" as the Americans say. But what distinguishes Alexandria II from other fragrances of this kind is its INCREASIBLE durability. Where other scents slowly fade, Alexandria II starts to become really horny (positively meant - not vulgar)
Let me illustrate this with a little anecdote. For omnipresent reasons (hello Corona) I'm currently working 2 days a week in my home office. Yesterday was one of those days again and so I decided to go with my wife and our daughter to a nearby restaurant shortly before noon to eat. Goes fast and nobody has to clean up the kitchen afterwards :-) The weather was ok, but still autumnally cool, so I changed my jacket, you don't want to catch a cold at the moment, because otherwise everybody thinks the world would go under. I didn't have a fragrance of the day yesterday, so I only had deodorant on it, nothing else. So we go to the restaurant, sit down and I hang my jacket on the chair behind me. While we wait for dinner, I notice an extremely horny, woody scent (we remember... I love woody scents). It smells unbelievably good and somehow the scent already seems familiar to me, but I can't really classify it. So I start to look around, because we were there relatively early, but there weren't many people there yet or the other guests were sitting so far away that I couldn't possibly notice any perfume from them... The table we are sitting at is made of wood, so I lower my head and start sniffing the table (could be...). Looking back, I realize that I must have looked like an idiot and my two girls pointed it out to me in their usual friendly manner :D But the table wasn't. Well... I just enjoyed my meal and the pleasant smell. Only when we were finished, got up and I took my jacket again, I noticed that the smell came from my jacket. BOOOM!! Now I remembered it again. I wore the jacket about 3 weeks ago and had Alexandria II on it (from a sample which is empty now).

Long story short... The scent is divine and lasts forever (especially on clothes). But it's not a pushy/nervous durability but an extremely pleasant companion, which accompanies you constantly and lets you feel a touch of luxury. It has its price and you certainly don't have to blindly buy a whole bottle, but I recommend everyone (no matter if male or female) to at least order a small bottling or try it in the shop. You can almost only love it. And another thing... Don't be fooled by the top note and also not by the heart, the fragrance really starts after about 6 hours!

Best wishes and enjoy your (well-deserved - I am sure) weekend!

TRehf
Maybe the best fragrance ever created
I remember when I smelled Alexandria II for the first time. Back than, I didn’t really know what to think. Alexandria II was and still is one of those BIG names in the fragrance community that almost everybody at least has heard of. I was just wondering „This is it?!?“. Maybe my nose was already saturated or I just wasn’t ready for this type of scent.

Now that I’m talking about my very first impression of Alexandria II, it sounds like this happened years ago. Actually, it’s only a few months ago and things have changed a lot. I finally have a bottle of it in my hands.
To me, Alexandria II has become a reference point for what a scent has to be. It’s this 10 out of 10 benchmark that every other scent has to compare with.
It’s smooth yet complex, mysterious, creamy yet aromatic, woody and so much more. It just captures all the facets that a scent can incorporate. In addition to that the performance is great, projection and sillage not overwhelming but clearly noticeable. The presentation is the best that I’ve seen so far and I got several Kilian Paris fragrances in my collection.

It is a fragrance that smells like class, status and success without being arrogant and derogatory to others. The lure is great to use it as a signature scent, but it’s too pity, it’s made for special occasions.

I would never suggest anyone to spend 400€-500€ on a 100ml bottle of fragrance. Yes, it is expensive. Sanity cannot justify spending that much money. But It’s weird because somehow I even find this pricetag justified.

If you haven’t already, at least try it once in your life.
Pompous!
The headline "A fragrance for kings", which another fragrance madman has chosen here, fits perfectly in my opinion ;) !

I bought a sample of Alexandria II a few weeks ago.
Arrived at home it was of course immediately tested
First impression: Wow, that smells expensive.
But I also immediately noticed something soft/creamy, which at first bothered me a bit.
I had only noticed a similar note in Laylati by Xerjoff.
But what was too strong (and feminine) for me in Laylati, fits perfectly into the composition in Alexandria II.
It's supposed to be, no, it's supposed to be like this!!
The more I wear it, the more I like it.

Shelf life and Sillage are a declaration of war...despite taking a shower I still perceive the scent 20 hours later discreetly.

If you have the necessary change and are looking for something special (but still suitable for the masses), you can get a sample here with a clear conscience.
Pure luxury for the special occasions. Absolutely unisex (therefore also suitable for queens =). Cheers.
A fragrance for kings
It is not often that I make a long comment, because in my opinion I can not express myself so well and I am relatively inexperienced in fragrances, despite my somewhat larger collection
But this masterpiece deserves more than "just" my brief statement on it. I would like to say that this is my first and so far only Xerjoff fragrance that I have encountered. That's why I can't make any comparisons to the others from the "Oud Stars" series
In any case, this fragrance took me into another world at the very first sniff in the perfumery. There is something so fantastically beautiful about it that I simply can't describe it any other way. It's fruity, floral, smoky, rich, opulent and simply beautiful. When I read the notes before, I was sceptical whether a man can even wear that. The answer is a clear yes. Then the durability, this durability...the friendly staff gave me 2 sprays on my hand and even the next afternoon the scent was still present. And then this Sillage...my scent of the day was pressed hard against the wall and was outshined crystal clear, although I had applied it only an hour before.

But the much bigger question is, WHERE can one wear such a fragrance? It is much too good for an everyday scent or office fragrance and I would never want to waste it. Or for the office the sillage could be too intrusive. It should definitely be kept for the very special occasions. I could spontaneously think of a wedding, or just something more sophisticated
However, quality has its price, retail for 50ml here you pay almost 300 Euros. However, this is really a fragrance whose price is fully justified. I can hardly imagine a better rose/oudh combination. Anyway, I will watch Xerjoff very closely from now on. :)

The KING
Wow. What a stunner! Alexandria II is so rich and opulent with one of the most beautiful presentations I've ever seen. The creamy woods are blended to perfection with the fruits and florals. It's just gorgeous. Performance is beyond top-notch. Lasts for over 18 hours on skin with heavy projection. This is one of those "next level" fragrances. If you love orientals, you need to get your nose on Alexandria II.

Scent: 10/10
longevity: 10/10
Projection: 10/10
Price/Performance Ratio: 9/10
Royal on Commercial
Xerjoff is a house that masters the balancing act between eccentric extravagance and mass suitability very well. I have already tested Erba Pura, Accento (also Overdose), Uden and Naxos. These are all rather tolerable representatives of the house, but I still think that the impression of Xerjoff stands. Alexandria 2 should be my first side trip to the Oudstars collection, as the oud plays more of a background role. As a newcomer, who is just starting to get interested in the topic of oud and its various facets, Alexandria 2 seemed to be just right for me.

So about the scent:
Alx. 2 starts with lots of lavender. Cinnamon can also be smelled out well. The rose resonates from the beginning and does very well in the background. The oud (or what I would identify as oud) runs through the whole scent, if you can speak of a real scent, with a pleasant medicinal note. The whole thing is rounded off by a woody base. All in all a very harmonious composition
In fact, I can see certain parallels to Reflection Man. Admittedly, I was never particularly fond of RM, but the two of them are similar at the base, with the oud making the whole story really interesting. Maybe Amouage should think about a Reflection Man - Oud variant. If they would stop cutting down their scents like that, they might even win me back as a customer... But that's another story
Performance:
The sillage of Alexandria 2 is enormous!
Even when I smell the lid of the pocket sprayer, I can perceive the fragrance more clearly than ever before. Two sprays are enough to wrap you in a warm rose-oud cloud.
The durability is also very good. Eight to ten hours, I'm sure. The fragrance loses its intensity only slowly. I can also perceive it very well on myself, which surprises me again and again. Normally my nose adapts very quickly, which has often led to misjudgements of the "flag".

The fragrance has its area of application on special days. Not because of its difficult character, but because its price, with about 500€/100ml, is not really justifiable for me. In the right dosage it would have the potential to become an everyday scent, but it would hurt me to waste it. That's why he likes to come up with it when there is something to celebrate, or when the circumstances are a bit "fancy".
Because when Alexandria 2 conveys something, it is luxury and a cultivated appearance. Even a layman would recognize that the fragrance is a special and high-quality example. You just notice the quality of the ingredients, I can't describe it better. This is where I personally see the strengths of Alexandria 2. The fragrance is very good, that cannot be denied. But it is not necessarily innovative or even unique. Nevertheless, it manages to awaken in me a feeling of quality and luxury. Not least because of the great flacon! It's really worth mentioning, because rarely have I seen such beautifully crafted bottles as those in the Oudstars collection.
Actually you can start with the leather box in which the bottle is embedded. Other niche houses can still learn something from this.

LG and beautiful Sunday!

The fragrance in My life
Short and concise

I'll think I'll NEVER do better than that To find this smell the best I've ever smelled!

Alexandria 2 !!! And this will remain forever MY fragrance :D

Simply perfect oudig fruity oh simply indescribable one smells in the lift or at the bottle and for me just a smell explosion!
Ti amo Nonno
Some associations cannot be bought with money. This association cannot be bought with money.

When my Italian grandfather came to Germany, he had to quit high school shortly before. Why? His mother had not enough money in post-war times, even personally affected. Couldn't afford the cost of the school anymore. In Germany - without a school-leaving certificate - no chance for an apprenticeship. Hired by a large German publishing house, in the printing shop. Unskilled assistant.

Highly worked. Decades later: Head of repro-photography for the entire publishing house. Significant contribution to bringing Playboy to Germany. Highly skilled, from the position of an unskilled assistant.

Always human. Always unconditionally there for my mother, always unconditionally there for me. Picked me up from school every day because there was no bus service. No matter what he had to do. He offered me a home when my mother didn't have time, because she worked full time at the same time to keep us afloat and studied to get ahead in life anyway. My surrogate father.

When I was a child, he took me every year to his little apartment in his Italian hometown. Sometimes with my grandmother, sometimes just the two of us. My highlight of the year. Waking up in the morning in the sunshine. Shutters open, view of the monastery on the mountain opposite, view of Lake Maggiore. On the balcony with birdsong, sea air, church tower bell harmony, having breakfast together. Then with the hydrofoil of the public transport exploring the other places on Lake Maggiore. There were only a few connections with hydrofoil boats, they were also subject to surcharges. My Nonno always accepted this, just to be able to enjoy my childhood fascination for such boats. Later on I even rented a small motorboat a few times every summer because I was so fascinated by ships. To let me drive, which I was not allowed to do at my age. And even though he himself was not even remotely interested in nautical matters. For me. Because it fulfilled him to fulfill my wishes - something he would have wished for his childhood. As a small child I didn't really understand all this. For that my gratitude is all the greater now that I grasp it.

Alexandria II reminds me of this time with Nonno, it embodies this way of life, the appreciation for this wonderful time together in my life. This makes Alexandria II priceless to me.

This comment may read like an obituary, but I'm overjoyed to be there for Nonno every day as he was for me. Even though I will never be able to give him back all that he gave for me
I have unbelievable respect for his life's work, my love for him is infinite and unshakable. I admire him, he is my greatest role model. Nothing will ever break the bond between us. For me, he is proof of the existence of God.

Excuse me, that this comment does not contain anything about the scent course. For me, this perfume has its value on a level that lies beyond the olfactory.

Thanks, Nonno. For everything. Love..
DarkWinterCS
And every day the Rose-Oud scent greets... why do you make it so hard on me?
The journey continues in search of alternatives for my vacant place of Oud Wood (see my last comments). This time it's not about exhausting my scent spectrum, but about taking my personal price spectrum to its limits, so that you can only kneel in the corner shaking your head and disturbed.
Because if you are looking for oud scents, you will inevitably come across Xerjoff's Oud Stars series, which has already made a very differentiated name for itself and, according to some reviewers, probably oscillates between light and shadow (or animalism and gentleness). Some time ago the Alexandria II came to my mind (in the forum), so I thought about getting a sample under my nose
Alexandria II is generally considered to be one of the softest fragrances in the range, which can be seen in the reviews. With all oud fragrances, or those that at least call themselves that, I have a certain cautious attitude. It's not the wood itself, which could appear too smoky, animalistic or dark, but the fragrance itself, which is often mixed in: Rose. Because rose is always a difficult thing for me personally. If the fragrance is based too much on this note, I find it too floral, too pompous and too oppressive. In addition to this, if I use too much rose, a furry veil will form on my tongue, which I detest abysmally and ruin my day.

But I did not want to be deterred by possible side effects (which neither doctor nor pharmacist have described to me). Well, if I had known the result of my test beforehand, the decision whether the chicken or the egg was there earlier would have been the much easier one.
The fragrance triggers an inner love-hate relationship, which leads me to a fine line in my decision, to what extent I can live with certain side effects or whether the fragrance excludes itself for my collection.

I'll start with the simple things first. The durability is out of this world and hardly describable. One has the feeling that this word "durability" was created just for this fragrance. Funnily enough, I imagine an archaeological excavation site where the remains of past civilizations have been unearthed. In a small box studded with precious stones, a bottle of Alexandria II is found with a document on which only the word "durability" was written in an ancient language. Because the scent would have survived the few years that followed. We are really talking about 12 hours +++. I can't even narrow down when this scent will eventually fade its notes. The sillage is also enormous, as the fragrance spreads out in waves over several hours and occupies several square meters. When I was talking about the "Oud (Eau de Parfum)", I was talking about the silent treader and ninja, but I guess I have to talk about Italian battle fleet.

But now I would like to talk about the thin line of my olfactory experience. Because my so unloved rose composition is unfortunately present in this fragrance. It is exactly one step over the abyss, which makes me very unhappy and already has the touch of a furry tongue. Normally I would have forgiven my judgement quickly and given the fragrance the slip. However, it tells me that this was not everything, so I check exactly what else I can find. Of course, one must not forget the oud component, which is a little brighter than I would have expected. This is accompanied by a delicate smoke and something like dried fruit. With the Rose-Oud-combination the smoke on my skin is a little bit medicinal, like I know it from a peaty whisky. But an exact description of the dried fruits is very difficult for me. In case of need I would tend somewhere in the direction of unsweet raisins. All in all, the scent is already a bouquet that I can treat myself to, as everything is coordinated and fits in softly and velvety. The rose, however, already has a somewhat dominant figure in the whole structure. Just, because in the duration of the wearing the rose pushes itself further and further as a main note and takes possession of the sprayed places.

So I continue to struggle with how to classify the fragrance for myself. On the one hand, it is so noble and different, and yet on the other hand, it is so rose oud habit. I doubt and try not to think about roses and yet I feel fur on my tongue again...
The Cuddly Oud
Good morning Parfumos

Xerjoff is a brand that sets great store by high-quality ingredients and also discloses this. For the Oud-Star line or collection, the oud should come from a plantation in Laos. Of course it is relevant to mention that the oud content is low. But it doesn't matter, because the oud in this perfume is perceived very well and of high quality.
To be honest, I cannot perceive any clear strong fragrance development from beginning to end. It stays very warm from beginning to end and is rich in rose and oud. Exactly, I perceive these 2 notes more or less rounded off by other exemplary notes. At the very end, the vanilla will come to the fore a bit more, in contrast to the cinnamon in the top note, which seems to disappear completely at the end That's the way I smell.

The durability is really strong. 10 hours and more easily perceptible.
Everybody who knows me knows that I am a carrier of the tendency of very heavy or strong scents and this one unfortunately does not meet my requirements for projection. It is not weak but not strong either. It is rather a discreetly conspicuous scent tail.
On my skin he does not want to project so strongly what makes him a super all-rounder in the end and also on dates in my case with cuddling units - which often happens, a really good and before all high-quality unique figure makes.
Whether the others like it is rather unimportant, you must like it so that it becomes even more pleasant :-)

In the end a super high quality and unique fragrance with a lot of depth and personality which is created by the oud.
The other components serve more as support for the heat and depth.

295 EURO FOR 50ML. Everyone has to decide for themselves whether the price of one is justified.

For me in autumn, spring is best.
Age group? Hello, it's a perfume......... Everyone(!!!)

Durability: Very good
Projection: Medium strength
Compliments: I don't care......... Comfort factor: 9.5/10
Strengths: Uniqueness, luxury, recognition value.

Soo, dear perfumos.
I hope I could animate you to test it :-)

Best regards

CumhranfearCumhranfear 10 days ago
2.5
Something in this - the oud? the lavender? - has a fish-like note to me. I'm afraid I can't join in the love for this fragrance.
TrippilippiTrippilippi 20 days ago
To my nose, on my skin is very similar to Tamima from Moresque, cannot tell which one I love most.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 39 days ago
After a warm spicy/floral opening, this elegant powdery oriental-woody Winter fragrance settles to a gentle sweet resinous-woody base.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 10 months ago
Smells exactly like 212 Sexy by CH or Armani Code. Super overpriced for what you get
Bcatalin1Bcatalin1 11 months ago
Even though this is a very loved fragrance,i find it pretty simple for the price.Lavender,oud and cinnamon,very dry if you ask me.
Pietros921Pietros921 3 years ago
This is a feminine fragrance. Only 6hours later when its completly absorbed you get more oud and a powdery sweetness making it more unisex

by Sweetsmell75
by Ch053n0n3
by Tcova
by Tcova

Popular XerJoff

Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff