Oud Stars - Alexandria II (2012)Parfum

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff

Top 10 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Brazilian rosewood, Cinnamon, Fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose
Base Notes Base NotesLaotian oud, Vanilla, Amber

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 13.07.2020.

According to a statement by founder and creative director Sergio Momo, the only difference between Alexandria and Alexandria II should be the age of the used Oud. While in Alexandria the Oud is said to have seasoned 25 years, the one in Alexandria II is said to have seasoned 5 years.

Initially a total quantity of 120 bottles was sold exclusively at Fortnum & Mason, London. Since 2017 the fragrance is available in the regular assortment.

Ti amo Nonno
Some associations cannot be bought with money. This association cannot be bought with money.

When my Italian grandfather came to Germany, he had to quit high school shortly before. Why? His mother had not enough money in post-war times, even personally affected. Couldn't afford the cost of the school anymore. In Germany - without a school-leaving certificate - no chance for an apprenticeship. Hired by a large German publishing house, in the printing shop. Unskilled assistant.

Highly worked. Decades later: Head of repro-photography for the entire publishing house. Significant contribution to bringing Playboy to Germany. Highly skilled, from the position of an unskilled assistant.

Always human. Always unconditionally there for my mother, always unconditionally there for me. Picked me up from school every day because there was no bus service. No matter what he had to do. He offered me a home when my mother didn't have time, because she worked full time at the same time to keep us afloat and studied to get ahead in life anyway. My surrogate father.

When I was a child, he took me every year to his little apartment in his Italian hometown. Sometimes with my grandmother, sometimes just the two of us. My highlight of the year. Waking up in the morning in the sunshine. Shutters open, view of the monastery on the mountain opposite, view of Lake Maggiore. On the balcony with birdsong, sea air, church tower bell harmony, having breakfast together. Then with the hydrofoil of the public transport exploring the other places on Lake Maggiore. There were only a few connections with hydrofoil boats, they were also subject to surcharges. My Nonno always accepted this, just to be able to enjoy my childhood fascination for such boats. Later on I even rented a small motorboat a few times every summer because I was so fascinated by ships. To let me drive, which I was not allowed to do at my age. And even though he himself was not even remotely interested in nautical matters. For me. Because it fulfilled him to fulfill my wishes - something he would have wished for his childhood. As a small child I didn't really understand all this. For that my gratitude is all the greater now that I grasp it.

Alexandria II reminds me of this time with Nonno, it embodies this way of life, the appreciation for this wonderful time together in my life. This makes Alexandria II priceless to me.

This comment may read like an obituary, but I'm overjoyed to be there for Nonno every day as he was for me. Even though I will never be able to give him back all that he gave for me
I have unbelievable respect for his life's work, my love for him is infinite and unshakable. I admire him, he is my greatest role model. Nothing will ever break the bond between us. For me, he is proof of the existence of God.

Excuse me, that this comment does not contain anything about the scent course. For me, this perfume has its value on a level that lies beyond the olfactory.

Thanks, Nonno. For everything. Love..
DarkWinterCS
And every day the Rose-Oud scent greets... why do you make it so hard on me?
The journey continues in search of alternatives for my vacant place of Oud Wood (see my last comments). This time it's not about exhausting my scent spectrum, but about taking my personal price spectrum to its limits, so that you can only kneel in the corner shaking your head and disturbed.
Because if you are looking for oud scents, you will inevitably come across Xerjoff's Oud Stars series, which has already made a very differentiated name for itself and, according to some reviewers, probably oscillates between light and shadow (or animalism and gentleness). Some time ago the Alexandria II came to my mind (in the forum), so I thought about getting a sample under my nose
Alexandria II is generally considered to be one of the softest fragrances in the range, which can be seen in the reviews. With all oud fragrances, or those that at least call themselves that, I have a certain cautious attitude. It's not the wood itself, which could appear too smoky, animalistic or dark, but the fragrance itself, which is often mixed in: Rose. Because rose is always a difficult thing for me personally. If the fragrance is based too much on this note, I find it too floral, too pompous and too oppressive. In addition to this, if I use too much rose, a furry veil will form on my tongue, which I detest abysmally and ruin my day.

But I did not want to be deterred by possible side effects (which neither doctor nor pharmacist have described to me). Well, if I had known the result of my test beforehand, the decision whether the chicken or the egg was there earlier would have been the much easier one.
The fragrance triggers an inner love-hate relationship, which leads me to a fine line in my decision, to what extent I can live with certain side effects or whether the fragrance excludes itself for my collection.

I'll start with the simple things first. The durability is out of this world and hardly describable. One has the feeling that this word "durability" was created just for this fragrance. Funnily enough, I imagine an archaeological excavation site where the remains of past civilizations have been unearthed. In a small box studded with precious stones, a bottle of Alexandria II is found with a document on which only the word "durability" was written in an ancient language. Because the scent would have survived the few years that followed. We are really talking about 12 hours +++. I can't even narrow down when this scent will eventually fade its notes. The sillage is also enormous, as the fragrance spreads out in waves over several hours and occupies several square meters. When I was talking about the "Oud (Eau de Parfum)", I was talking about the silent treader and ninja, but I guess I have to talk about Italian battle fleet.

But now I would like to talk about the thin line of my olfactory experience. Because my so unloved rose composition is unfortunately present in this fragrance. It is exactly one step over the abyss, which makes me very unhappy and already has the touch of a furry tongue. Normally I would have forgiven my judgement quickly and given the fragrance the slip. However, it tells me that this was not everything, so I check exactly what else I can find. Of course, one must not forget the oud component, which is a little brighter than I would have expected. This is accompanied by a delicate smoke and something like dried fruit. With the Rose-Oud-combination the smoke on my skin is a little bit medicinal, like I know it from a peaty whisky. But an exact description of the dried fruits is very difficult for me. In case of need I would tend somewhere in the direction of unsweet raisins. All in all, the scent is already a bouquet that I can treat myself to, as everything is coordinated and fits in softly and velvety. The rose, however, already has a somewhat dominant figure in the whole structure. Just, because in the duration of the wearing the rose pushes itself further and further as a main note and takes possession of the sprayed places.

So I continue to struggle with how to classify the fragrance for myself. On the one hand, it is so noble and different, and yet on the other hand, it is so rose oud habit. I doubt and try not to think about roses and yet I feel fur on my tongue again...
The Cuddly Oud
Good morning Parfumos

Xerjoff is a brand that sets great store by high-quality ingredients and also discloses this. For the Oud-Star line or collection, the oud should come from a plantation in Laos. Of course it is relevant to mention that the oud content is low. But it doesn't matter, because the oud in this perfume is perceived very well and of high quality.
To be honest, I cannot perceive any clear strong fragrance development from beginning to end. It stays very warm from beginning to end and is rich in rose and oud. Exactly, I perceive these 2 notes more or less rounded off by other exemplary notes. At the very end, the vanilla will come to the fore a bit more, in contrast to the cinnamon in the top note, which seems to disappear completely at the end That's the way I smell.

The durability is really strong. 10 hours and more easily perceptible.
Everybody who knows me knows that I am a carrier of the tendency of very heavy or strong scents and this one unfortunately does not meet my requirements for projection. It is not weak but not strong either. It is rather a discreetly conspicuous scent tail.
On my skin he does not want to project so strongly what makes him a super all-rounder in the end and also on dates in my case with cuddling units - which often happens, a really good and before all high-quality unique figure makes.
Whether the others like it is rather unimportant, you must like it so that it becomes even more pleasant :-)

In the end a super high quality and unique fragrance with a lot of depth and personality which is created by the oud.
The other components serve more as support for the heat and depth.

295 EURO FOR 50ML. Everyone has to decide for themselves whether the price of one is justified.

For me in autumn, spring is best.
Age group? Hello, it's a perfume......... Everyone(!!!)

Durability: Very good
Projection: Medium strength
Compliments: I don't care......... Comfort factor: 9.5/10
Strengths: Uniqueness, luxury, recognition value.

Soo, dear perfumos.
I hope I could animate you to test it :-)

Best regards
Hypnose
Who flies high can fall low...
You should treat this fragrance with a good portion of respect. For he will lift you up and give you the red cloak and the olive wreath, as Julius Caesar once wore it, or press the great sceptre into your hand, as Cleopatra once held it in his hands Pretty hard to live up to this high nobility. Be sure, if you wear this scent, you will be attracted to pride like a magnet. Try it if you want to find out how grounded you are in life. And if you can handle it very well, I wish you a lot of fun in your royal appearance :-)
One of the very few.
This is really one of the very few 10/10 fragrances where even the high price is justifiable. The comparison with the Armani Code Profumo is partly understandable, but here again on a higher level. Who knows the Profumo, knows in which direction it goes here. Here you get a warm cuddly ambry sweet aura that surrounds you for 12+ hours and knows how to flatter. You simply feel very comfortable and self-confident the whole day and even at night. I bought it together with the Fars, because the two of them appeal to me very much from the compositions, unlike the Fars of which I had hoped for a lot, this one knows to convince me completely. Top Top Top and highly recommended.
One wrap please...
The Xerjoff makes neat perfumes everyone knows. But it's not often that a creation like Alexandria stands out from the crowd of good scents, as in Alexandria.
The fragrance is wonderfully soft, rounded and refined, each chord has its place and does not domeniert. The first time you spray it on, you are taken into an elegant dreamy world.
Alexandria reminds me of a warm summer evening where you can watch shining stars. The fragrance has a warm core, which it doesn't lose either, in combination with the elegant and reserved sexy Oud, you can't help but dive into this fragrance again and again.

Alexandria is a woman's scent to me because of its qualities. And Alexandria is quite clearly a very elegant evening fragrance, which outside the everyday, wants to spread its magic and surprise.

The durability and projection is above average. The scent on the clothes would last forever. One notices the high quality already with the spraying, the high portion of oil. But one should be allowed to expect that, too, with the price for a 50ml bottle. I would like to mention it nevertheless, because it is not always self-evident.

For me, it's the best oud scent there is right now. A perfume that's addictive!

Pietros921
Great winter fragrance for a dark skinned girl :)
Ok..this is just my opinion and what I get on my skin.
From the beginning and still 5 hours later I get a fem lavender note surrounded by abit of fruitiness but the oud is not easy to notice. After 5 hours the oud comes out more together with a unique kind of sweetness. Now its more unisex. It is a very long lasting fragrance. Unique on a woman skill. Bizarre on a man...unless we are talking about a 65 y.o. Man

JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 6 months ago
Smells exactly like 212 Sexy by CH or Armani Code. Super overpriced for what you get
Bcatalin1Bcatalin1 8 months ago
Even though this is a very loved fragrance,i find it pretty simple for the price.Lavender,oud and cinnamon,very dry if you ask me.
Pietros921Pietros921 3 years ago
This is a feminine fragrance. Only 6hours later when its completly absorbed you get more oud and a powdery sweetness making it more unisex

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by JoHannes
by JoHannes
by Baloma
by Baloma
Die alte Handelsstadt Alexandria verbindet Afrika mit Indien. Der Duft scheint das nachzuempfinden.
by Alöx
by Ch053n0n3
by Tcova
by Tcova

Popular XerJoff

Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca by XerJoff Casamorati - Mefisto by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff