Oud Stars - Alexandria III 2019

Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff
Oud Stars - Alexandria III is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is oriental-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamon, Rosewood, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedarwood, Lily of the valley, Bulgarian rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood, Musk, Vanilla, Thai oud, Laotian oud

Submitted by Jazzbob, last update on 29.11.2020.

The first edition of 99 pieces was exclusively sold at Harrods.

Wow, what a beauty !
I wanted to test Naxos and Alexandria II but only the A III was available in Douglas Kö so I tried it on a paper tester. On the spot I said "nice, but not extraordinary" .. and then I went on with testing others. The tester in my pocket, perfumed everything and it was such an addictive aroma, I kept smelling it again and again.

After I got home, I put it on my desk and then left it there .. and the sillage from the two sprays is really a monster, since 5 days it stays there and each time I pass by, it is such a wonderful smell tempting me to bring it to my nose.

The smell is a flowery woody oriental and it is just too good, not having any wow factor for me or being animalic like many say .. I do not even feel the OUD notes.

I am thrilled to test Alexandria II, whenever will be available somwhere.

A III is wonderful and smells expensive, however for a sweet woody smell without the wow factor, it is too expensive at the current level.
Absolutely overrated
I don't know if my nose is just not trained enough for this fragrance, but this fragrance is the third one in a row that makes me realize that niche is sometimes overrated.

Or maybe it's simply the royal bottle and the rather big hype that sets the expectations for this fragrance very high.

On my skin I find him simply unbearable. The rose pushes itself so much into the foreground that one could think I had sprayed on granny's perfume. Only after a few hours the rose settles and a synthetic, sweet paste mixed with wood comes to the fore. Single components are not to be smelled out.

More pleasant is the scent on the clothes. Here, I don't perceive the rose alone. At the beginning lavender is clearly visible paired with a synthetic woody scent. After some time the whole thing changes to metallic. The scent is "smellable" but looks synthetic. It is so intense that even after 24 hours after spraying on the clothes in the laundry basket there is still a cloud around you.

All in all, the fragrance is an indefinable, sweet synthetic bomb....naja wers mögen.

I could have spared myself the expensive bottling... too bad for the money.
Majestic Art
Since my commentary on Alexandria II was mainly about my special associations with this fragrance, this one is more about the olfactory aspect.

The DNA is unmistakably the same as in Alxandria II. Lots of lavender, lots of rose, lots of oud. Already with Alexandria II I noticed a big difference to other rose ouds. The Alexandrias are simply not the normal rose ouds. They are an opulent harmony of the highest quality natural ingredients in an extraordinary fragrance composition. A few fruity floral and a few woody oriental notes round off the total work of art in a supporting way. Lavender definitely plays the special role here. In rose ouds an otherwise rather seldom chosen ingredient, which, when chosen, is much weaker dosed than here. The lavender is one of the few non-dry representatives of its kind, which nevertheless has a natural scent and fits perfectly into the other components. It also does not evaporate in the heart or base note of the perfume, which remains. The oud is nevertheless unmistakably present, becoming stronger as it progresses. At some point, the beguilingly anal oud note becomes so present that I, as an oud fan, like Alexandria II best. By the way, I think that this combination of lavender and rose oud can only be described in words and will not be revealed to anyone who has never smelled the fragrance before. Alexandria fragrances have the potential to positively surprise everyone. Really everyone, even those who entered testing with a false expectation.

And with the third Alexandria, all this will be much better. Alexandria III is an Alexandria II on steroids. Although the olfactory DNA is the same. But the oud is so much more present. The beguilingly anal notes described above come directly at the beginning and not only in the course. These notes were my favorite in Alexandria II. And it is these notes that Alexandria III now offers me from the beginning of the olfactory progression. Amazing! It's only a matter of time before this most wonderful of all wonderful scents is allowed to enter my collection.

A true 10/10 composition that is unrivalled. The most successful prank by XerJoff, the most successful "reformulation" I can remember. A bottle that sets new standards in beauty and oriental appeal. Durability and sillage are alien. I wish I could be more objective here. But isn't it the highest possible compliment to a perfume that you can't judge it objectively because you're so enthusiastic about it?

Conclusion: Close your eyes, swipe the credit card and enjoy. Nobody can do anything wrong here. Although I've tried almost the entire collections of XerJoff, Tiziana Terenzi, Stephane Humbert Lucas, Kemi and many other Nieschen labels, for me the most outstanding fragrance to date, together with Alexandria II, is the one I've ever created. Is that still perfume or already art? Cheers
Ambivalence high III
Blind tests are an eye-opening affair (or rather a nose opening affair), because in some cases high-priced fragrances are considered much cheaper and vice versa. In this way it becomes clear that not everything that glitters is gold. I feel a bit like that with Alexandria III (and especially with II). The Xerjoff brand stands for expensive perfumes in high-quality flacons and packaging that are undoubtedly of high quality and concentration, but one or the other can be distracted from the outward appearance.

Already with Alexandria II I noticed that the fragrance doesn't actually smell of oud, but of lavender and cinnamon in the top note and a base that is a mixture of ambry-creamy woods and a pungent synthetic pencil note. The latter seems to be perceived similarly differently to Iso E Super - some are almost anosmic against it or simply like it, for others it quickly becomes penetrating. This has nothing to do with noble and natural fragrances.

Some of you have already made the comparison between Alexandria II and III in your statements, but I have to contradict the mentioned similarities and would describe it as follows: III has in common with II the lavender and the pencil note - but in a much weaker form. Instead, III appears much more floral, sweeter and brighter from the start. Talked in stereotypes: II is the more masculine, III the more feminine variant. If there's anything of value in Alexandria III, it's the rose. It is by no means dark and fruity, as in many other oriental creations, but outshines everything, whereby the lily of the valley (keyword: lily of the valley) certainly has a supporting effect. I can also filter out a certain spice in the form of a pinch of dry cinnamon and a subtle vanilla sweetness, but the fragrance doesn't give off much more. The dry, woody base could possibly contain a homeopathic dose of oud, which however goes down with me.

I don't want to take the pleasure of the fragrance away from anyone here and have to admit that the Alexandrias all have a very good shelf-life and a very good sillage, but I still have the impression that Xerjoff sometimes achieves this with simple, synthetic fragrances. If you are looking for a light rose on a rather dry wood base with a low oud content, then Oud Silk Mood from MFK is the right choice. There is probably just as much synthetic in it, but the fragrance seems to me much better balanced and is also cheaper.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
A bright and powdery spicy-floral Mid season fragrance, balanced by warm and creamy oriental-woody base. Nice lavender and rose-oud combo!

by Tcova
by Tcova
by Oscarsh86
by Oscarsh86

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff