Shooting Stars - Apollonia 2019

Shooting Stars - Apollonia by XerJoff
Shooting Stars - Apollonia is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesWhite blossomsWhite blossoms
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris butterOrris butter
Base Notes Base NotesWhite muskWhite musk

Submitted by Amourage, last update on 17.11.2021.

Xerjoff's Moon Landing
A cashmere-soft fragrance,a clean floral that's crisp yet comforting,Apollonia from Xerjoff (the only one of this particular genre of the brand) represents the perfect musky floral scent,the one way journey to the moon in a silver metallic rocket.

The opening of Apollonia belongs to the powdery notes,which appear for something more elegant,to introduce a creamy, intense scent which envelops the skin and lasts you through the night,white petals mingling with purple touches of orris surrounded by a white musk cloud of sensuality. The fragrance is so delicate and unexpected,so incredibly addictive and seductive it can create the image of the moon surface,the feeling it induces being exactly like the first steps taken by an astronaut in the space.

Apollonia is perfection,a lingering unique scent perfect for daytime wear,leading seamlessly into night.

Apollonia is unisex,although the notes do not mention that. The white florals and the musky powdery allure of the fragrance might indicate to a feminine wearer,but there's no way Apollonia is JUST feminine. Everything about this fragrance talks about sensuality,and this atribute is perfectly fit for every gender. Because that is what Apollonia represents, seductiveness in a bottle.
Enjoy!!!!
Asteroid Rest
The iris tone of Apollonia is earthy, dusty, but not too dry. Almost mineral, coupled with a wood and sand impression. At first this seems tart, but gradually exudes a great overall calmness as it develops. Reminds me a bit of beige-grey ambrette scents, more tart, classy and without the sythtetic warm undertone that many dislike about ambrette. So actually much nicer. A lunar surface, but neither cold, nor dreary, but dreamy and free-flowing in the great calm and vastness of space. The matter floats.

It is for me an introverted fragrance, a new skin, a woody papery glow as if through a telescope into the distance that the scent gives me. Something through which one is far away from the petty errors and turmoil of earth reality.

In the end, the fragrance is upside down with me: the pleasant light-grey musk becomes slightly citrusy, like a reflection of a top note that didn't exist at all. Instead, we experienced the return to dusty-rocky earth powder of iris and a dull touch of white flowers already at the beginning.

All of this takes a bit of imagination, because the scent is quiet and it's easy to miss how it can seize you and carry you away into the gray-white otherworld matter that bears the name of an asteroid.
Felsn
With Iris To The Heavenly Musk Landing On The...
my pretty iris - stride through the buttery white blossoms
until you are all here - are with me - lose me weightless
in your grace and fall in love
from here to the moon and back - yeah get me
together the trip will be simply fantastic and infinite
galactic understandable you smell good you know me
your packaging steers me captiously to your
beautiful surface don't think it stays superficial
because finally it's time for us two - and are you ready
then we'll glide high - I'll take you with me be there
don't hide a change - no - until the musk landing
and we feel free....

welcome to the fragrance bunker and thus once again to an intergalactic fragrance presentation. this time it is about apollonia by xerjoff - a creation dedicated in 2019 to the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing in 1969.

as usual, it starts with a packaging that simply does not leave the slightest wishes open. straight the shooting star series you get consistently in a beautiful noble leather box. and if we have already learned to appreciate the exceptionally harmoniously shaped flacons from the house there is an additional special feature with apollonia.

just look at the conceptually fantastic varnishing of the bottle - here they play with a very aesthetic optical interpretation of the lunar surface. and this is also haptically a real experience. simply beautiful. yes and how could it be otherwise - also the fragrance really invites you to dream.

according to the note list we have it allegedly or actually with only three components to do. in the top note white flowers - in the heart note the iris butter and in the base note white musk. but there is another special feature here. apollonia opens my nose directly the entire beauty of the composition. that is, there is no really remarkably noticeable scent progression. but that does not mean in any way that we have to do here with a quality deficit due to the lack of scent development. quite the contrary - the part here is just boldly harmonious from the beginning and I can only suggest everyone to try the fragrance.

i'm curious how apollonia works on yourself and invite you to share your personal impressions with me in the comments. in this sense - stay healthy - and reach for the stars.

The flowery spaceship
Apollonia is one of the newest perfumes in my collection. I bought this perfume blind, yes there is now wondering one or the other what is wrong with him but I just put my trust in the brand Xerjoff on Apollonia and ordered me a bottle. The bottle arrived today and of course I had to test Apollonia immediately, immediately an absolutely natural and strong iris note sets in with some fruit in addition. I can tell you this iris note is the madness here I smell really quality out. Apollonia is very linear in the course but I assume here that this is so intentional, because the fragrance pyramid contains very few notes. The next question that often comes up with Apollonia is does it work for a man? I would definitely say yes, because Apollonia perfectly hits the notch between unisex and too feminine and is therefore also very wearable for a man. The name Apollonia is of course a bit daring, whether that fits now to the topic space travel must decide in my opinion everyone for itself, but for fits the topic the purity of the iris lets itself think with me before my inner eye really at space travel. I can recommend you test Apollonia and for all men be brave and do not be deterred by the floral notes.
Zobel
Flowery holiday in tropical paradise
The scent takes me back to the Dominican Republic in March 2020. The floral and (on my skin) fairly consistent iris butter accord is a real sensation!

It's soft, calm and gentle. Yet bright and fresh!

Apollonia just reminds me of the floral smell of dawn on the golf course in Punta Cana, a real dream ❤.
For men absolutely wearable, if you want to wear a gentle cloud around you and also times do not want to stand out with a sweet power scent
Barren landscape
At first moment I had a picture of an astronaut in a spacesuit in front of me.
Maybe the suit could smell syntetic - metallic ?!
Or even the interior of the rocket, with the crew each strapped tightly to their seats ?!
The countdown is on
10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1

The view into space is dark, cold and barren.
The scent is also very cool and gray in color.
I can't feel any warmth on the skin.
For me, the too stony, too barren, too monotonous gray.
No warmth, no creaminess.
I prefer to stay on the ground ;)
Connie
Not at all what I expected
I would have hoped for so much from Apolonnia... The fragrance of one of my favorite houses Xerjoff, contains according to the fragrance pyramid at least 3 notes that I love so much.... . Iris, white flowers and musk... The scent was even supposed to be a little powdery... It could only be a hit on the mark... Unfortunately, it came differently or let's say lucky for my wallet...

I would have imagined a soft, through the musk, radiant iris fragrance with a beautiful bouquet of white flowers in the background.... So really super feminine and beautiful. I almost bought the blind... Thank God my mind won and I ordered a sample...

The reality was unfortunately different from my ideas... At the moment my hit quota under my samples is more than clear not to say miserable and also with Apollonia I would have bad luck..

The scent is on my skin unfortunately very harsh. White flowers I smell none, Irisbutter totally missing..Although no woods are listed in the fragrance pyramid here but I could swear that any woods here clearly play with... Rarely have I misjudged a fragrance so much and rarely have I been able to smell any of the listed notes... The scent is also somehow not interesting. Smells like hundreds of other tart perfumes for men. It should be unisex. This categorization I do not agree but everyone can of course wear what he wants..

For me personally, the fragrance is absolutely unsweet, almost pungent tart and relatively woody. For me personally definitely too masculine.
From Odyssey in Space to Interstellar
When I test scents, I inevitably see images - in my mind's eye, of course. And that is actually without exception so.
With my first son this kind of "synaesthesia" became apparent at an early age; already as a young boy he assigned certain colours to numbers, for example. This etc. I find topics extremely exciting, without being particularly esoteric.

At the Apollonia the pictures were so strong that I took the opportunity to write my first correct comment. I also especially like the story (or rather the idea) behind the Apollonia.
And as a lunar and science fiction lover in general, all senses and needs are served and fulfilled by this complete package without exception: from marketing to the bottle - which reminds me of the moon's surface as well as of a small rocket.

Olfactorically it is for me more a journey around the moon than to it, in something like this: first the first step on the moon surface - swirling up moon dust, cool, dry, matt. Almost silvery metallic. Then the exploration of the surface in cold white light with a short excursion to the dark side of the moon. Monochrome powderiness, there is complete silence.
At the end of the journey the impressions remain pastel and creamy.

This also corresponds as far as possible to the fragrance pyramid: in the beginning, the white flowering plants turn up briefly, but they quickly become quieter/duller. Then the fragrance becomes more and more powdery, finally creamy. m
The iris could be more present for me as a big fan of the iris, but it is quite perceptible. In the middle part something cereal-like/floury is added, but this will soon go away. Then a note like Patchouli flashes through every now and then, which probably creates the dark.

I also smell the similarity to the Narcisos, mMn most of all to "For Her EdT", but also to the Iris Celadon, as already mentioned elsewhere. But I think it's difficult to create something really independent/innovative with all the scents that there are in the scented sky (you could also call it abundance). Similar to music.

All in all, Apollonia is a rather quiet fragrance, which nevertheless remains. The aspect moon/space is in any case well realized with it.
I have tested so far on only skin.
And similar to the Panthea Iris, which I am currently discovering for myself, this is certainly a polarizing scent and may not be easy in some places, but I find it very attractive.

Oh yes, actually writing comments is not so "my thing", because my scent impressions are subject to a constant change/coarse fluctuations and so it can be that I read my own notes a while later and nothing agrees anymore. And such a comment defines so, is usually much more complex and there would be this "mirage" all the bigger, at least in places.
But now I am very excited myself about how I will perceive the scent later.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
In the opening, you get buttery iris and white musk, clean, smooth, velvety, powdery. The white blossoms give some freshness to the scent.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 5 months ago
Powdery clean musk and that's it. Excellent minimalist scent if that's what you're looking for, but it's not for me.
ArtistscentArtistscent 10 months ago
0.5
Emperor's New clothes. It's mostly imperceptible. After 10 mins light musk appears, that's all. Get a musc from a perfume supplier instead.
TRehfTRehf 1 year ago
Mainly musk and iris. Creamy, metallic cold, dusty, very interesting. Fits „moon“ topic perfectly. Longevity 9h, but stays close. Unisex.

by AlexW
by AlexW
Happy New Year 2020 wünsch ich euch allen von Herzen!
by Sweetsmell75
Ihr Lieben, merci, merci, merci für eure wachen Blicke & aufmerksamen Worte - jetzt ist Apollonia startklar ♥ :)
by EveMist
auch hier:  ganz lieben Dank für eure lieben Worte & Blicke - Shuttle Apollonia ist weich gelandet ;)
by EveMist
by MrParföng
by Friedariecht
by Friedariecht

Popular XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Symphonium by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Begum by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Shooting Stars - La Capitale by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff